Holy Spirit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

“The more of Scripture, yes, of the very words of Scripture that we can use in preaching, the better and, certainly, the more of such thing as can
begin with, ‘Thus says the Lord.’”—Volume 54, Sermon #3094

“THE subject which I have chosen for this morning and which may God the Holy Spirit bless to us, is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as the way of
salvation. Nothing can be of more importance than this subject and, therefore, nothing will more thoroughly interest a company of practical
businessmen.”—Volume 54, Sermon #3095

“If I must have a religious enemy, let me have a professed and avowed bigot, but not one of your ‘free thinkers’ or broad churchmen, as they are
called, for there is nobody who can hate as they do!”—Volume 54, Sermon #3098

5964deda-4c3d-42b2-ba1b-04cd7175ae47.jpg

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Great quote there, @Johann: :)

22438_2f094d6c44098c88d5486e82b96d630b.jpg

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit transcending all things. There is only One Holy Spirit...and it is shared between the Father and the Son. We are called into that fellowship. God's Spirit is what brings His presence and power into the world. God is Spirit. (and not Holy Spirit is God...which is a backward way of seeing things). God's Spirit is an extension of Him...part of Him. That influence that guides us is known as the Spirit of truth. Again this is not a person but an extension of God acting within the believer by presence and influence.

When we are in the Spirit we are in Christ who is in God. Being in Christ (abiding in Him) means we are as He is in the world...as He is so are we in the world.

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." 1 John 4:17

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness