Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
As to the blessed Holy Ghost of God, of which many blaspheme to day, He is not a mere influence, or emanation, but A person, A Divine Being in every sense of the word..Just as Truly Divine as the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ..1 cor 6:19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?12:3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.2 cor 3:17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.heb 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?1 pet 4:14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.note: The Holy Ghost, He is that Being within the Covenant Godhead, who is the Efficacious Agent [ still a being] effecting the Eternal purpose of the Father, the Grace of the Son [ jn 1 16] on the Hearts of the elect family..

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
ami;65868]My friend and I have been discussing and debating for the past three days on who the Holy Spirit is and if God live in people. My friend who is a Christian says the Holy Spirit is the breath of God said:
Acts 8: 29.Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.The Holy Spirit is a person the third in the trinity.He is the power of God in the believer and the only mark of a true believer. He is the person who teaches and leads the believer into all truth.What has the Spirit taught you?That is the crux of the matter, is the Spirit teaching you?Love Faithful....:)

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
The Nicene Creed, as it is in the West:We believe in one God,the Father, the Almighty,maker of heaven and earth,of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,the only Son of God,eternally begotten of the Father,God from God, light from light,true God from true God,begotten, not made,of one Being with the Father;through him all things were made.For us and for our salvationhe came down from heaven,was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Maryand became truly human.For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;he suffered death and was buried.On the third day he rose againin accordance with the Scriptures;he ascended into heavenand is seated at the right hand of the Father.He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,who proceeds from the Father and the Son,who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,who has spoken through the prophets.We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.We look for the resurrection of the dead,and the life of the world to come. Amen.Eastern Churches do not agree with "and the Son."

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:17,18 - The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. Religion idolizes concepts and avoids personal experience. It is the antichrist spirit that has given rise to religious spirits. Being led by the Holy Spirit is an ongoing God encounter. A religious spirit is a demonic presence that works to get us to substitute being led by our intellect instead of the Spirit of God.Galatians 5:25 - If the Spirit is the source of our life, let the Spirit also direct our course.John 4:24 - God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Albert Finchhttp://www.thekeys2kingdom.com

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
ami;65868]My friend and I have been discussing and debating for the past three days on who the Holy Spirit is and if God live in people . . . [/QUOTE]Hi ami said:
"didn't know God from a bar of soap"[/I], then heard the original message:"repent, be baptised and receive the Holy Spirit (evidenced by speaking in tongues" (Acts 2) - did it and now know God personally, without hours of discussion and debate.As Jesus said, we need to "come as a child" and be "born again".