Homosexual Church Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Had the strangest dream this morning, though I'm just getting the chance to post about it now. Maybe this came up in my dreams because we'd been discussing a vision recently that says there will eventually be a homosexual Christian congregation in nearly every major city in America. There are already over 8,000 LGBT-affirming congregations in North America alone.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask how everyone would respond to the following line of preaching. In the dream, this homosexual minister was trying to convince me from scripture that I should actually try the lifestyle. I had zero interest, but I was trying to be polite so as to reach him with the truth. But suddenly the scene changed and I was in the middle of this sparsely-membered congregation where he was now preaching. The message he was preaching centered around Acts 14:27 I believe, and how God had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles, who (by insinuation) were practicing homosexuality. He then turned to the congregation and asked, "Should we not then open the door to everyone?" or in other words be all-inclusive. He was using this message as a defense for homosexuals to be admitted into the body of Christ yet be accepted for practicing their lifestyle without need of repentance.

Who knows if they will use such an argument. Maybe they are already. But the question is: How would you respond to this line of argument, and/or what do you believe would be the best way to counter it and expose it for being false (if you do indeed believe it to be false).

There are no wrong or right answers here. Just curious to see what responses I would get. I know what mine would be, but I'll withhold it for now.

Blessings in Christ.

Did no one mention 1 Corinthians 5:1-11 ? I'm shocked, it would seem to be a direct refutation for the argument posed in the dream.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did no one mention 1 Corinthians 5:1-11 ? I'm shocked, it would seem to be a direct refutation for the argument posed in the dream.
seems like a bit diff subject, plus the passage you Quote always gives me the impression that it was the "puffed up" part as much as the offense that was being illuminated? dunno tho

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ah well, "they would make all the right noises," meaning basically, "they are hypocrites, too" right
I think they would say “we love you”, but I don’t think the gay people would feel loved”
I don’t think the gay people feel they can change and I don’t think the Christians could ever accept a practicing gay person - so perhaps they should part company and the gay people make their own church and do for Jesus what they can do

Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
5Now I want to remind you, though you know all these things: The Lordn firstosaved a people out of Egypt and later destroyed those who did not believe;p
6andHe has kept, with eternal chains in darkness for the judgment of the great day, theangelsq who did not keep their own position but deserted their proper dwelling.
7In the same way, Sodom and Gomorrahr and the cities around them committed sexual immorality and practiced perversions,s just as angels did, and serve as an example by undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.t
8Nevertheless, these dreamers likewise defile their flesh, reject authority, andblaspheme glorious ones.u
9Yet Michaelv the archangel,w when he was disputingwith the Devilx in a debate about Moses’y body, did not dare bring an abusivecondemnation against him but said, “The Lord rebuke you! ”
10But these people blaspheme anything they don’t understand. What they know by instinct likeunreasoning animals— they destroy themselves with these things.
11Woe to them! For they have traveled in the way of Cain,z have abandoned themselves to the error of Balaamaa for profit, and have perished in Korah’s rebellion
.ab

imo you are being quite promiscuous, perhaps, and it has possibly already been est'd that you are dreaming, yeh? and fwiw there were no literal whores @ prophets gone a'whoring either i guess? So, i guess this is as bald as the other, but pls understand the point if you will ok

dont we all know what yours would be? Might this be a homospiritual pov? Maybe?

(sure didnt look like 10k characters to me?)
being tic btw there HiH, i dont really believe all that :)

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ah ya, "your love's like rhinestones, falling from the sky"
Well - I think we have all been there. Loved by someone yet their love feels like what you’d imagine hell to feel like.
There are beautiful, really wonderful Christians out there that accept you as you are and you can be friends with God with them (if you feel rejected).

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they would say “we love you”, but I don’t think the gay people would feel loved”
I don’t think the gay people feel they can change and I don’t think the Christians could ever accept a practicing gay person - so perhaps they should part company and the gay people make their own church and do for Jesus what they can do
So then one more denomination added to the thousands would be a solution? Aren't there really too many already? The scriptures only speak of only one Body of Christ with only one Head. If we go to deciding now who is, or is not, a part of the Body may we also cut off the Head as well? I don't believe that gangrene will ever be a problem faced by the Body of Christ. The connection between the different parts of the Body of Christ is the Holy Ghost.

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to me that people aren’t satisfied with just believing something. They have to get everyone else to believe it too - so a little war of words and over the bible breaks out.

there’s no need.

if you think being gay is permissible, then carry on and live Your life.
If others tell you you wrong and it’s sinful - so be it - let them say as they please - shrug your shoulders and carry on.

one thing I’d say though, if you believe in God and Jesus - Love God the best you can, and Jesus. Think about how you’d feel and treat others with that respect.

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So then one more denomination added to the thousands would be a solution?
what’s your solution?

Aren't there really too many already?
That’s not for me to say - I’m happy with there being more or less denominations.

The scriptures only speak of only one Body of Christ with only one Head. If we go to deciding now who is, or is not, a part of the Body may we also cut off the Head as well?
One mustn’t cut Jesus out of their life.

I don't believe that gangrene will ever be a problem faced by the Body of Christ. The connection between the different parts of the Body of Christ is the Holy Ghost.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Confused-by-Christianity
Amadeus:
So then one more denomination added to the thousands would be a solution?
Confused-by-Christianity:
what’s your solution?
God is the one who solves problems in need of solution. If you or I were a member of a church group with such a problem, then we would have to look to Him... rather than to ourselves.

If we are not such a member, then we still need to be looking to Him for ourselves. All we can do for any groups missing the right Pathway, is ask God handle the situation. He will, but don't expect to be seeing all that God is doing. We may see everything that we need to see according to Him. Once we are in His hands, it should not be up to us to decide what God's next step is, nor even what our next step is. Talk to Him!

Amadeus:
Aren't there really too many already?
That’s not for me to say - I’m happy with there being more or less denominations.
Good answer! It is also not for me to say? I only said something to you because you suggested that they establish their own church groups. Perhaps that would be God's answer for them, but we are not God, are we?
Amadeus:
The scriptures only speak of only one Body of Christ with only one Head. If we go to deciding now who is, or is not, a part of the Body may we also cut off the Head as well?
One mustn’t cut Jesus out of their life.
Absolutely, yet when we see people in a group being respecters of persons, they are then coming short. This is an error, but it may not be something we can fix and it may not be our job to try. If God does not direct us, we should stay out of His business? This is why we need to get to where we hear from Him. God's people, His sheep, really do hear from Him so that they know when to speak and when to remain silent. God always knows. We need to hear Him!

"...he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10:14

Amadeus:
I don't believe that gangrene will ever be a problem faced by the Body of Christ. The connection between the different parts of the Body of Christ is the Holy Ghost.

Men usually know that a gangrenous part of his body must be amputated in order to save his life. That part is dead and not disconnected eventually it will kill the rest. In the case of the Body of Christ, no dead parts are ever grafted in... However, if a person continuously quenches the Holy Spirit of God, he is cutting of his own blood supply and will have to be cut off.

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I haven’t personally got an issue with homosexuality.

I can be friends with a practicing gay person, who wants to deepen their relationship with God and pray together, grow together. I find it easy to accept them, and to accept they might not change. (I’m not even sure whether they are sinning anyway)

I know that a lot of Christians might find this difficult.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
So then one more denomination added to the thousands would be a solution? Aren't there really too many already? The scriptures only speak of only one Body of Christ with only one Head. If we go to deciding now who is, or is not, a part of the Body may we also cut off the Head as well? I don't believe that gangrene will ever be a problem faced by the Body of Christ. The connection between the different parts of the Body of Christ is the Holy Ghost.
slide-7-splits.jpeg

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Seems to me that people aren’t satisfied with just believing something. They have to get everyone else to believe it too - so a little war of words and over the bible breaks out.
Some atheists do that too. It's not good enough for them to not believe in gods, they don't want anyone else to either.

if you think being gay is permissible, then carry on and live Your life.
Exactly! If someone believes it's a sin to be gay, then they probably shouldn't be gay. But no one else is obligated to live by that belief.

If others tell you you wrong and it’s sinful - so be it - let them say as they please - shrug your shoulders and carry on.
Yep. When people say a gay couple holding hands or kissing in public offends them, the proper response is "So what?"

one thing I’d say though, if you believe in God and Jesus - Love God the best you can, and Jesus. Think about how you’d feel and treat others with that respect.
I think that's a good recommendation for everyone, regardless of what they believe about gods. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Believe God's eternal living Word
and if that doesn't work, there is always the Bible!
:D
1Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate(homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
so, let's maybe take a look at how our oh-so-helpful english scribes have xlated for us maybe--yikes, you picked a real winner there, malakos is now "homosexual?"

1 Corinthians 6:9 Lexicon: Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

so, skipping down to the relevant part, usually rendered "effeminate,"
Strong's Greek: 3120. μαλακός (malakos) -- soft, effeminate
the same root is used for "fine" clothes, "soft" clothes, "refined" prolly, so it's not too hard imo to imagine many better translations for this term, "dandies" maybe or even--if we're not specifically speaking about manner of dress, but rather a "fine" person, "refined" maybe, in contrast to fishermen and the like, that could easily be meaning "refined" ppl, who we might associate with the (somewhat vulgar i guess, sorry) term "pussies," but of course anyone xlating for ol Queen James sure wouldnt be writing any of that, right. Could be "someone who puts on airs" even, or even "gentle" folk come to mind, "gentlemen" was derived from that, although the meaning has changed now, but back then it meant more like "privileged, upper class," and fwiw gimme a "homo" every time over this bunch?

and next, arsenokoités
Strong's Greek: 733a. arsenokoités -- a sodomite
which the study has got away from me, and the corrupted Strong's @ Biblehub is not cooperating here now--like it did a year or so ago--but anyway a study of the roots yields the distinct possibility that "bed-man (kitten)" or what we would now call "hedonist" could easily be what was intended, which i'm not arguing some homosexuals are, but that hardly describes all homosexuals, or
"Around 35 A.D., the Jewish philosopher Philo (an early contemporary of Paul's) held that the Leviticus use of arsenos koiten referred to shrine prostitution..." that even

so understand i'm not pushing these definitions, i dont know, but i suggest our general revulsion at homosexuality has a lot to do with the translations we feel most comfortable with, too

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At the end of the day, no sodomite can enter into the Kingdom of God for they have not the Holy Spirit.
They have a spirit of carnal lost who only lead all astray.
Just look at the world nowadays, Sodomites are idolised ! look at all the sodomites within all the churches, they were supported as well and hidden from all, it's diabolical ! just look at how the world as turned in the last 10 years say, now they peddle school children to be totally bastardises it's madness ! Gender bending :rolleyes: insane totally insane ! but they are clearly getting away with such bastardisation, not to mention they have murder on demand idolised nowadays oh it's called abortion ! or what does it go by now, ? oh yes Human rights ! hmm ? oh if the baby is badly deformed and the mother want's to abort such it then does have rights, but if totally healthy then it does not have any rights. Oh boy what a world. clearly the god Moloch is being worshiped again and the Star that St Stephen pointed out for what it truly is, now waved on high claiming to be Israel:rolleyes: and a full on Anti-Christ Nation idolised by all Nations and religions.