Homosexuality: Is it the way a person is born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are homosexuals born that way?

• Total voters

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
LightMessenger said:
I beg your pardon? To practice what is innate in a person is not a "choice" for your information. That is an egregious usage of the word. It is no more a choice than a straight man going to a straight woman. Of course even Heterosexual men and women can make a choice to go homosexual from time to time if they so desire but I think their innate feelings would make them abstain most times. The same for homosexuals. They are no more interested in the opposite sex just because you and others want for them to be. If you are not part of them you do not know how they feel. I am supportive of the cause to bring Equality to a disenfranchised people who have suffered greatly ever since the Christian Inquisition under people with opinions much like yours.

Again, God makes no mention of homosexuality being sinful to those who are already predisposed to that sexual orientation. It is only speaking to Heterosexual men and women who are not born homosexual who would leave their "natural" desire to go the Gay way. Please get that right next time. You need to read the following since you mention "arsenokoitēs".

Define Arsenokoites
This word DID NOT refer
to homosexuals
in ancient usage
That's your opinion, not what scriptures teaches. The only innate thing about us as carnal beings, is that we will choose what is pleasing to ourselves if NOT saved. Jer 17:9
Murders choose to murder, thieves choose to steal...Jesus said there is NONE good, NOT ONE.

You keep citing biased websites LM and they are NOT acceptable. The Greek is clear and if you refuse to recognize the authority of God's word over men then you have a bigger problem than who is accepted into the BOC.

The only people that challenge the correct meaning of the Greek, are those seeking legitimization of homosexual behaviour within Christianity.

Although the word arsenokoitēs appears nowhere in Greek literature prior to Paul’s use of it, it is evidently a rendering into Greek of the standard rabbinic term for “one who lies with a male [as with a woman]” (Lev. 18:22; 20:13). (Despite recent challenges to this interpretation, the meaning is confirmed by the evidence of the Sybilline Oracles 2.73). Paul here repeats the standard Jewish condemnation of homosexual conduct.’, Hays, ‘First Corinthians’, Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching & Preaching, p. 97 (1997).

The impetus behind the LGBT agenda does get stronger as the world falls into deeper and deeper moral decay, but God's truth remains...FOREVER.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
ATP said:
Homosexuality is against God and needs to be repented of. God made man and woman for specific purposes.
You can believe as you wish but Biblical Scholars highly dispute what you are saying that homosexuality is against God. It isn't therefore, there is nothing to repent from other than if a homosexual happens to live a promiscuous lifestyle, that then would be the actual sin but then that would also apply to a Straight or Heterosexual person who is likewise promiscuous.

And yes, God did make man and woman for specific purposes but He also made an Adam and also a Steve for specific purposes you must remember.

Please familiarize yourself with what Biblical Scholars say about the subject matter. Thank you.

Adam and Eve - Did God intend
to prohibit same sex
marriage partnerships?

http://www.gaychristian101.com/adam-and-eve.html

"Tom Schmidt is a conservative evangelical Christian author and college professor who believes all intimate same sex partnerships are sinful. Yet here is his surprising answer to our two questions (bold emphasis mine)."
What this conservative college professor has written about the Adam and Eve situation is most worthy of taking note.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
You can believe as you wish but Biblical Scholars highly dispute what you are saying that homosexuality is against God. It isn't therefore, there is nothing to repent from other than if a homosexual happens to live a promiscuous lifestyle, that then would be the actual sin but then that would also apply to a Straight or Heterosexual person who is likewise promiscuous.

And yes, God did make man and woman for specific purposes but He also made an Adam and also a Steve for specific purposes you must remember.

Please familiarize yourself with what Biblical Scholars say about the subject matter. Thank you.

Adam and Eve - Did God intend
to prohibit same sex
marriage partnerships?

http://www.gaychristian101.com/adam-and-eve.html

What this conservative college professor has written about the Adam and Eve situation is most worthy of taking note.
These scholars and professors you are listening too are wrong. Scholars and professors are sinful, flawed men. They will say anything to distort scripture. The Word of God is clear on this topic, and there is no way around this. Scholars and professors are scholars and professors, but the Word of God is from God himself.

Matt 24:11 NIV and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matt 24:24 NIV For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 20:25 NIV He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
StanJ said:
That's your opinion, not what scriptures teaches. The only innate thing about us as carnal beings, is that we will choose what is pleasing to ourselves if NOT saved. Jer 17:9
Murders choose to murder, thieves choose to steal...Jesus said there is NONE good, NOT ONE.

You keep citing biased websites LM and they are NOT acceptable. The Greek is clear and if you refuse to recognize the authority of God's word over men then you have a bigger problem than who is accepted into the BOC.
The only reason those websites are not acceptable to you is due to the fact that they authoritatively disprove your assertion that homosexuality is wrong and sinful. The expert scholars on the Bible are not being biased, once and for all. They have studied for many years what the Bible actually says about homosexuality and have been summoned to speak with their expertise to the subject matter. They have done so in a very non-biased manner.

God's Word is finally being proclaimed and interpreted correctly and without prejudice by these scholars of the Bible.

The only people that challenge the correct meaning of the Greek, are those seeking legitimization of homosexual behaviour within Christianity.
Now who's being truly biased in this regard? Where's your PROOF of that?

Although the word arsenokoitēs appears nowhere in Greek literature prior to Paul’s use of it, it is evidently a rendering into Greek of the standard rabbinic term for “one who lies with a male [as with a woman]” (Lev. 18:22; 20:13). (Despite recent challenges to this interpretation, the meaning is confirmed by the evidence of the Sybilline Oracles 2.73). Paul here repeats the standard Jewish condemnation of homosexual conduct.’, Hays, ‘First Corinthians’, Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching & Preaching, p. 97 (1997).
I choose to adhere to the strict interpretation of what the Holy Bible is actually saying from the writings of these most scholarly and erudite men and women who speak without a bias. You are also free to believe as you wish, after all, it's a free country.

The impetus behind the LGBT agenda does get stronger as the world falls into deeper and deeper moral decay, but God's truth remains...FOREVER.
God's truth is finally being brought forth and elucidated thanks to the Biblical scholars. Those who have been suppressing it for so long of a time cannot hope to indoctrinate otherwise fresh minds any longer with their wrong and biased interpretation and diatribes. We must therefore thank those who have thoroughly studied the Bible and who bring forth the interpretation of what it is actually saying. That greatly helps to dispel the myth that homosexuality and homosexuals are somehow evil people who need to repent of their "sins." Everyone sins but being born Gay is not a sin. Again, it only becomes a sin if the person or people involved choose to become promiscuous. That IS a choice. Not the mere fact of one being Gay or Lesbian.

As to the world falling into deeper moral decay, we must remember that the vast majority of people in the world are Heterosexual. Therefore, if the world is falling into deeper moral decay it is not due to the cause of the "LGBT agenda", which is nothing more than that of Seeking Equality, as it, in and of itself with so many prejudiced people around, might not be able to withstand scrutiny if what they are saying and fighting for -- Equal Rights was not resonating well in many a Straight person's mind and heart, including Evangelicals, who now actively support and favor same-sex marriage.

ATP said:
These scholars and professors you are listening too are wrong. Scholars and professors are sinful, flawed men. They will say anything to distort scripture. The Word of God is clear on this topic, and there is no way around this. Scholars and professors are scholars and professors, but the Word of God is from God himself.

Matt 24:11 NIV and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matt 24:24 NIV For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 20:25 NIV He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
You say the Word of God is from God himself. Of course it is and I am in complete agreement with that. But the problem stems from the fact that the Holy Bible has been written and re-written thousands of times by mere men. Therefore, that being the case don't you think there's certainly room for error by those who are prejudiced against LGBT people such as to carry a strong bias against them in the Word? Of course. And no doubt there were plenty of prejudices back in those times just as there continues to be today.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
You say the Word of God is from God himself. Of course it is and I am in complete agreement with that. But the problem stems from the fact that the Holy Bible has been written and re-written thousands of times by mere men. Therefore, that being the case don't you think there's certainly room for error by those who are prejudiced against LGBT people such as to carry a strong bias against them in the Word? Of course. And no doubt there were plenty of prejudices back in those times just as there continues to be today.
All 66 books are God-breathed through the Holy Spirit. There are no flaws, except in men. 100% of scripture is from God and through God's Word.

2 Tim 3:16-17 NIV All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
LightMessenger said:
e sinful, flawed men. They will say anything to distort scripture. The Word of God is clear on this topic, and there is no way around this. Scholars and professors are scholars and professors, but the Word of God is from God himself.

Can't really address your post as you've messed up the format. Please fix it and I'll respond.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scot McKnight:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/2015/04/06/did-jesus-talk-about-homosexuality/

One more prefatory word. The most significant scholar in the world on this topic for biblical studies is William R. Loader, who has written more than a half a dozen books on this topic, and he has summarized all of his decade long studies in a short book called Making Sense of Sex. The more extensive one for New Testament studies is called The New Testament on Sexuality. His books are not reduced to discussions about same-sex relations but are about the breadth of Jewish beliefs about sexuality. Along with my commendation of his historical research must come this: (1) he thinks the Bible and Judaism of that time are uniformly and unequivocally against same-sex relations and (2) he is personally progressive about the topic, which means this: he thinks the Bible is against it but he thinks the Bible got this one wrong.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
HammerStone said:
Thanks, HammerStone, for your reply! I do agree with the part about his being of the belief that the Bible got this one wrong. There certainly appears to be that strong possibility in that in that day and age people saw things very differently from the way people do in today's world. That is not to say that God's Word is in error because it is not. But it is to say that the many things the Bible condemned during that time suddenly has found new freedom in today's world and excuses for doing what was previously condemned including wearing clothes made of different fabrics; planting a garden with different plants; etc. Therefore, since he "thinks" the Bible is against it, that can surely support the belief of many Conservative thinkers, except of course, The Log Cabin Republicans who are Pro-Gay. :) However, so many other professors and Biblical scholars, including many Conservative ones, do not share or support his belief and it is quite difficult to discount what all of them are saying in favor of only Loader's point of view.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
But it is to say that the many things the Bible condemned during that time suddenly has found new freedom in today's world and excuses for doing what was previously condemned including wearing clothes made of different fabrics; planting a garden with different plants; etc.
You're comparing fabrics and plants to sexual sin??

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Here are just a few works to consult that teach against what LM is trying to make us swallow;

The Contributions Of The Septuagint To Biblical Sanctions Against Homosexuality -- By: James B. DeYoung
This study focuses on the meaning of “to know” in the account of the sin and fall of Sodom (Gen 19:5, 8) and the meaning of “sodomite” as found in the KJV at Deut 23:17–18 (LXX 18–19) and elsewhere (1 Kgs 14:24; 15:12; 22:46; 2 Kgs 23:7; Job 36:14) where the term qādēs̆ and its cognates occur.

http://apprising.org/2011/02/23/homosexuality-and-1-corinthians-69/

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article_Homosex.htm

https://books.google.ca/books?id=0uqFy8HBAXsC&pg=RA1-PT49&lpg=RA1-PT49&dq=homosexuality+in+the+LXX&source=bl&ots=SXMN-6vhO7&sig=HHedqmFrr6UFpqzVTf3rmHH4hoU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9vIzVf7oJIbcoATR-IHYAg&ved=0CEAQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=homosexuality%20in%20the%20LXX&f=false

I could go on and on, but the point is that those who don't have a vested interest in the LGBT agenda, "rightly divide" God's Word, the Greek and Hebrew, to unequivocally show that the lifestyle is NOT acceptable within the BOC. Those that repent of it surely are just as ANY sinner is, IF they repent.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
Apparently they are one and the same in God's eyes to be listed.
Actually, they are not. 1 Cor 6:18 NIV Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
StanJ said:
Here are just a few works to consult that teach against what LM is trying to make us swallow;

The Contributions Of The Septuagint To Biblical Sanctions Against Homosexuality -- By: James B. DeYoung
This study focuses on the meaning of “to know” in the account of the sin and fall of Sodom (Gen 19:5, 8) and the meaning of “sodomite” as found in the KJV at Deut 23:17–18 (LXX 18–19) and elsewhere (1 Kgs 14:24; 15:12; 22:46; 2 Kgs 23:7; Job 36:14) where the term qādēs̆ and its cognates occur.

http://apprising.org/2011/02/23/homosexuality-and-1-corinthians-69/

http://www.christiandefense.org/Article_Homosex.htm

https://books.google.ca/books?id=0uqFy8HBAXsC&pg=RA1-PT49&lpg=RA1-PT49&dq=homosexuality+in+the+LXX&source=bl&ots=SXMN-6vhO7&sig=HHedqmFrr6UFpqzVTf3rmHH4hoU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9vIzVf7oJIbcoATR-IHYAg&ved=0CEAQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=homosexuality%20in%20the%20LXX&f=false

I could go on and on, but the point is that those who don't have a vested interest in the LGBT agenda, "rightly divide" God's Word, the Greek and Hebrew, to unequivocally show that the lifestyle is NOT acceptable within the BOC. Those that repent of it surely are just as ANY sinner is, IF they repent.
For counterbalance, I have presented many Theological scholars whom you may not wish to acknowledge speaking about homosexuality not being the sin that you apparently think it is and their Biblical expertise cannot be discounted. And you must remember that even the most Conservative religious people do not believe that homosexuality is a sin either including many Jews. And many people who are Gay or Lesbian are very much Christians too. However, due to the fact that they have found nothing but hate and intolerance in some Christian churches they have consequently found other loving Christian churches that welcome them with open arms as should be done by ALL Christian churches. Therefore, any church that is Christian and that loves and accepts the people whom God has created is a good church.

I once was also of the belief as you are that homosexuality was sinful. For many years I held that belief until I came upon a Gay person who had been severly beaten just for being Gay. They were clearly feeling very much alone, disenfranchised, and frightened. My compassion for him poured out and I remember telling him along with a warm embrace that God loves him just as much as He does a heterosexual person if not more because He knows the angst, anger, bitterness, scorn, hate, prejudice, intolerance, and discrimination they face. That gave him much comfort. Since that day I have come across many others like him and my heart always goes out to them.

Then I came upon a conservative minister whom I spoke with about people who are Gay or Lesbian and whether that is sinful in God's eyes. He informed me that many churches have proclaimed that it is as a means to control their flock. But that there is no love in that and it greatly hurts God and Jesus to see them doing that and continuing to perpetuate that lie. He said God is not about hate and intolerance. He is about Love and Compassion. And that He knows people are not perfect and that a person cannot "pray the Gay away." That made great sense to me. And ever since that meeting and conversation I have devoted my life to speaking for those who are marginalized and disliked due to their sexual orientation. I have prayed about it and have received the message that it is the right thing to do in order to bring compassion and usher in a new era of love rather than to continue in stagnation with inappriopriate Scriptures that do not apply but have been twisted by man to suit a particular agenda of hate and discord for people they do not like. To that end, I will continue to usher in a new understanding instead of condemnation for those people who continue to be marginalized and seen as second-class citizens.

Association of Welcoming & Affirming Baptists
http://www.awab.org/

Other Gay Affirming Christian Churches
https://christiangays.com/links/christian_other.shtml

Those churches who continue to discriminate against the LGBT community are losing not only members of that community by the droves but many from the regular Straight membership as well who believe it is wrong for a church to continue teaching and preaching such hate and intolerance.

ATP said:
Actually, they are not. 1 Cor 6:18 NIV Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.
And that might be well applicable if we were speaking only about promiscuity. But we are not. Gays and Lesbians are not about sexual immorality anymore than heterosexuals are unless they commit the big sin of being promiscuous. That is what God abhors.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
And that might be well applicable if we were speaking only about promiscuity. But we are not. Gays and Lesbians are not about sexual immorality anymore than heterosexuals are unless they commit the big sin of being promiscuous. That is what God abhors.
Any sexual act outside of (marriage of man and woman) is sin.
Homosexuals need prayer and the miracle of God to reverse the damage done by the devil.
LM, who is Jesus Christ to you? Are you born again LM?

2 Tim 4:3-4 NIV For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
ATP said:
Any sexual act outside of (marriage of man and woman) is sin.
Homosexuals need prayer and the miracle of God to reverse the damage done by the devil.
LM, who is Jesus Christ to you? Are you born again LM?

2 Tim 4:3-4 NIV For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
Being that any sexual act outside of a heterosexual marriage is sin, why are you not going after Straight people who certainly commit far more sin than Gays and Lesbians being that they also commit the grave sins of Abortion and Fornication? The hypocrisy of it all from your side is quite remarkable!

And there is no damage done by the devil to homosexuals so quit trying to instill fear on innocent people, ATP. That only serves to drive them further away from God and the church. While the devil is certainly no friend to mankind, as we all know, people who are of a same-sex orientation are not somehow under the spell of the devil if that is what you're accusing them of. That is called being a scaremonger attempting to CONTROL with fear those who are in that group that you so dislike.

You ask who is Jesus? Jesus Christ Is the Son of God and Our LORD and Savior Who Said Not One Word Against Homosexuality. That is who He is. And yes, I am a Born Again Christian. But I am not a shallow, narrow-minded thinker unlike some people.

As for 2 Tim 4:3-4 NIV, that is actually speaking to bigotry and homophobes who want to confuse people about the truth that God Loves Everyone, Including Gays and Lesbians. Case in point, Whites during the Sixties surely may have used that very Scripture to support their bigotry against Blacks. Today, they use it against another minority group, LGBT citizens. Quit this senseless fear mongering already, ATP.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
LightMessenger said:
For counterbalance, I have presented many Theological scholars whom you may not wish to acknowledge speaking about homosexuality not being the sin that you apparently think it is and their Biblical expertise cannot be discounted. And you must remember that even the most Conservative religious people do not believe that homosexuality is a sin either including many Jews. And many people who are Gay or Lesbian are very much Christians too. However, due to the fact that they have found nothing but hate and intolerance in some Christian churches they have consequently found other loving Christian churches that welcome them with open arms as should be done by ALL Christian churches. Therefore, any church that is Christian and that loves and accepts the people whom God has created is a good church.

I once was also of the belief as you are that homosexuality was sinful. For many years I held that belief until I came upon a Gay person who had been severly beaten just for being Gay. They were clearly feeling very much alone, disenfranchised, and frightened. My compassion for him poured out and I remember telling him along with a warm embrace that God loves him just as much as He does a heterosexual person if not more because He knows the angst, anger, bitterness, scorn, hate, prejudice, intolerance, and discrimination they face. That gave him much comfort. Since that day I have come across many others like him and my heart always goes out to them.

Then I came upon a conservative minister whom I spoke with about people who are Gay or Lesbian and whether that is sinful in God's eyes. He informed me that many churches have proclaimed that it is as a means to control their flock. But that there is no love in that and it greatly hurts God and Jesus to see them doing that and continuing to perpetuate that lie. He said God is not about hate and intolerance. He is about Love and Compassion. And that He knows people are not perfect and that a person cannot "pray the Gay away." That made great sense to me. And ever since that meeting and conversation I have devoted my life to speaking for those who are marginalized and disliked due to their sexual orientation. I have prayed about it and have received the message that it is the right thing to do in order to bring compassion and usher in a new era of love rather than to continue in stagnation with inappriopriate Scriptures that do not apply but have been twisted by man to suit a particular agenda of hate and discord for people they do not like. To that end, I will continue to usher in a new understanding instead of condemnation for those people who continue to be marginalized and seen as second-class citizens.

Association of Welcoming & Affirming Baptists
http://www.awab.org/

Other Gay Affirming Christian Churches
https://christiangays.com/links/christian_other.shtml

Those churches who continue to discriminate against the LGBT community are losing not only members of that community by the droves but many from the regular Straight membership as well who believe it is wrong for a church to continue teaching and preaching such hate and intolerance.

LM, your assertions have NOT been born out here and I haven't seen ANY recognized scholars in the links you have posted. The one above is not accessible by my browser so it appears CB has blocked it. Try submitting articles by actual scholars who are mainstream credentialed.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
StanJ said:
LM, your assertions have NOT been born out here and I haven't seen ANY recognized scholars in the links you have posted. The one above is not accessible by my browser so it appears CB has blocked it. Try submitting articles by actual scholars who are mainstream credentialed.
You Got It, StanJ! Ask and You SHALL receive! The only thing I ask in return is that You Read All the Way Through This Report. Thanks.

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Sodom.html

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
Being that any sexual act outside of a heterosexual marriage is sin, why are you not going after Straight people who certainly commit far more sin than Gays and Lesbians being that they also commit the grave sins of Abortion and Fornication? The hypocrisy of it all from your side is quite remarkable!
Show me a poster, a post or a thread and I will preach to them too!

LightMessenger said:
And there is no damage done by the devil to homosexuals so quit trying to instill fear on innocent people, ATP. That only serves to drive them further away from God and the church. While the devil is certainly no friend to mankind, as we all know, people who are of a same-sex orientation are not somehow under the spell of the devil if that is what you're accusing them of. That is called being a scaremonger attempting to CONTROL with fear those who are in that group that you so dislike.
I would disagree. God isn't the one that planted the seed of homosexuality or lesbianism. The devil planted that seed, for he is the father of lies and a murderer. Sin is death, and homosexuality is a sin. The further you are away from God, the closer you are to death. God is LIFE, and the devil KILLS.

John 8:44 NIV You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

James 1:13-15 NIV When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

LightMessenger said:
You ask who is Jesus? Jesus Christ Is the Son of God and Our LORD and Savior Who Said Not One Word Against Homosexuality. That is who He is. And yes, I am a Born Again Christian. But I am not a shallow, narrow-minded thinker unlike some people.
Uhh no, that is not who He is.
The God we are speaking of wrote down ALL 66 books of the Holy Bible.
Homosexuality is a sin, and the Word of God speaks against this act.
You're a born again Christian and do not know this?
Do you know what a debased mind is?

Leviticus 18:22 ESV You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-28 ESV For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 ESV The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

LightMessenger said:
As for 2 Tim 4:3-4 NIV, that is actually speaking to bigotry and homophobes who want to confuse people about the truth that God Loves Everyone, Including Gays and Lesbians. Case in point, Whites during the Sixties surely may have used that very Scripture to support their bigotry against Blacks. Today, they use it against another minority group, LGBT citizens. Quit this senseless fear mongering already, ATP.
Would you like me to pray for you. Repentance will bring anyone back to sound doctrine.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 ESV The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

LightMessenger

Apr 9, 2015
ATP said:
Show me a poster, a post or a thread and I will preach to them too!

I would disagree. God isn't the one that planted the seed of homosexuality or lesbianism. The devil planted that seed, for he is the father of lies and a murderer. Sin is death, and homosexuality is a sin. The further you are away from God, the closer you are to death. God is LIFE, and the devil KILLS.

John 8:44 NIV You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

James 1:13-15 NIV When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Uhh no, that is not who He is.
The God we are speaking of wrote down ALL 66 books of the Holy Bible.
Homosexuality is a sin, and the Word of God speaks against this act.
You're a born again Christian and do not know this?
Do you know what a debased mind is?

Leviticus 18:22 ESV You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-28 ESV For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Would you like me to pray for you. Repentance will bring anyone back to sound doctrine.

We all need prayer, brother, but with what you have said here it is you who needs prayer from me and I would be glad to offer it to you. In fact, I am on it. It appears that you have the demon of hate and intolerance that must be eradicated. Only prayer and fasting on your part can help you with that. In the end, you will know that you did the right thing to rid yourself of the demons that plague you.

And you need to seriously read the following written by religious scholars as I pray for you in the Name of Jesus Christ.

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Romans-1.html

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
LightMessenger said:
We all need prayer, brother, but with what you have said here it is you who needs prayer from me and I would be glad to offer it to you. In fact, I am on it. It appears that you have the demon of hate and intolerance that must be eradicated. Only prayer and fasting on your part can help you with that. In the end, you will know that you did the right thing to rid yourself of the demons that plague you.

And you need to seriously read the following written by religious scholars as I pray for you in the Name of Jesus Christ.

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Romans-1.html
How can I have the demon of hate when all I've been doing is pointing you to LIFE. Homosexuality is a sin, and sin brings death. These websites and people you are listening too are drawing you away from God and thus denying what the Word of God says. These are not the actions of a born again christian. The Word of God is clear.