Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say "they were not attracted", but then you fail to say "they liked each other".

Are you going to police all the people of the world, whether their love is pure enough?

Are you saying King David was gay?

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
David and Jonathan's love for each other was not romantically, sexually, or in any other way homosexually motivated. There is nothing pure about homosexuality. It is a defilement of God's use and intent for marriage
I would call it homo-adoration. In no way is it an attempt to redefine sexual union.

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! The problem is that you basically say "defiled homosexual love is wrong" but then you don't say "undefiled homosexual love is right".

Whose business is it, whether a man has pure love or not?
When he says homosexaulity is defiled, the word "defiled" is being used as a descriptor of what homosexuality is. There is no such thing as "undefiled homosexuality." Homosexuality is intrinsically a sin. Sin is defilement. Homosexuality is a form of defilement.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying King David was gay?
You mean in the purest sense of the word? I think King David would be too humble, to want to pronounce his love for Jonathan as anything other than love.

A wicked and adulterous generation seeks a sign - that's what Jesus said; but there were nothing wicked or adulterous about David's love for Jonathan (hence no need for a sign).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When he says homosexaulity is defiled, the word "defiled" is being used as a descriptor of what homosexuality is. There is no such thing as "undefiled homosexuality." Homosexuality is intrinsically a sin. Sin is defilement. Homosexuality is a form of defilement.
Your words are unclean?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! The problem is that you basically say "defiled homosexual love is wrong" but then you don't say "undefiled homosexual love is right".

Whose business is it, whether a man has pure love or not?
IOW, you're saying God is wrong. Are you gay maybe?

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IOW, you're saying God is wrong. Are you gay maybe?

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Making a relationship that is not about sex, about "sex" - is the same thing as being homosexual.

You don't seem to realise that you are defiling your own speech.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn't we study real reasoning from the scriptures themselves for the answers? Individual opinions and superficial study of Bible verses don't prove very much.

David in describing Jonathan's love in his lament after the death of Jonathan -

"I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." (2Sam 1:26 KJV)

If this love David mentions is fully platonic, why does it not read "love of brother, or mother, or father, or wife, or wives"?

For what reason did the Latin Vulgate, which is translated into English in the Wycliffe and Douay-Rheims translations read like this -

I grieve for thee, my brother Jonathan: exceeding beautiful, and amiable to me above the love of women. As the mother loveth her only son, so did I love thee. (2Sam 1:26 DRC)

That underlined sentence is not found in the Hebrew, nor in the Septuagint nor is it found in any other translations of today. Now, why would Jerome feel the need to add a totally fake sentence about a mother's love? Again, if the love was any other than women's love, why is that not what it says?

Of course, David had many wives and concubines, so maybe Jonathan's love was better than all those women? Maybe David meant that Jonathan's true love passed the sexual love of all those wives and concubines. But, that would be a rather clumsy way to say it was a higher level, platonic; when he could have said brother or mother or father or wife, etc.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making a relationship that is not about sex, about "sex" - is the same thing as being homosexual.

You don't seem to realise that you are defiling your own speech.
Why are you evading the Word of God? That's a hallway to Hell fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Shouldn't we study real reasoning from the scriptures themselves for the answers? Individual opinions and superficial study of Bible verses don't prove very much.

[...]

Of course, David had many wives and concubines, so maybe Jonathan's love was better than all those women? Maybe David meant that Jonathan's true love passed the sexual love of all those wives and concubines.

[...]
You said it exactly, pure love between men surpasses sexual love. Unless it is defiled, then it becomes something unfit for Heaven altogether.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love people who love each other - there is no need for me to defile my speech, in order win over other people that are against "love"?
If you love people you would warn gays they are heading for Hell fire.