Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will be advocating for the side that homosexuality is inherently wrong, and the promotion of such actions and thoughts are evil. Similar or contrasting views are welcome and gladly accepted. Let us be in constant search for the truth during our discussion.
Jesus said homosexuals will not enter Heaven. But maybe we can pull some out of the fire!

Last edited:

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said homosexuals will not enter Heaven.
There is only one sin that is unforgivable, and that is rejection of the Holy Spirit. It is impossible to be forgiven of this sin because those who enter Heaven have been given the Holy Spirit, and those who reject the Holy Spirit are non-believers so they go to Hell. To think, "My sin is not as bad as homosexuality," would be unwise. That is not to say you are thinking that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will be advocating for the side that homosexuality is inherently wrong, and the promotion of such actions and thoughts are evil. Similar or contrasting views are welcome and gladly accepted. Let us be in constant search for the truth during our discussion.
We are dealing with the element of function and disfunction. Engaging in homosexuality is a disfunction; it is a distortion of the intent of human sexuality as is pedophilia and bestiality.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one sin that is unforgivable, and that is rejection of the Holy Spirit. It is impossible to be forgiven of this sin because those who enter Heaven have been given the Holy Spirit, and those who reject the Holy Spirit are non-believers so they go to Hell. To think, "My sin is not as bad as homosexuality," would be unwise. That is not to say you are thinking that.
Jesus said homosexuals will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. That clearly means they will go to Hell.

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said homosexuals will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. That clearly means they will go to Hell.
Those who stay in their sin will not inherit the kingdom. Jesus is warning that engaging in the abomination of homosexuality could cost one their chance of eternal life, and that is what would happen if not for the truth of the clarification made in I Corinthians 6:11 - "... But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." In the previous adjacent verses, the greedy are also listed with the homosexuals among other people, yet all of them have a chance of redemption because of Justification and Sanctification.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who stay in their sin will not inherit the kingdom. Jesus is warning that engaging in the abomination of homosexuality could cost one their chance of eternal life, and that is what would happen if not for the truth of the clarification made in I Corinthians 6:11 - "... But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." In the previous adjacent verses, the greedy are also listed with the homosexuals among other people, yet all of them have a chance of redemption because of Justification and Sanctification.
There are actually gay churches filled with people heading for Hell.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea, God created man and woman to become one and procreate. The attraction to the same sex or the feeling of being the wrong gender— and there is only two: male and female—is the result of a biological disorder.

A person merely having a biological disorder and/or sincerely believing it's natural to be attracted to the same sex, or be of the opposite sex, etc., in itself doesn't mean they're going to hell. However, if one commits acts of lust of the flesh, whether with the same or opposite sex, married or unmarried, it's a sin. If committed willingly, knowing it is a sin, and is persisted in, the graver the sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you are using the wrong opposition.

It should be "homosexuality: pure or defiled?"

The idea is that if a couple remains pure, then they resist the Devil's temptation to defile each other.

(Remember that David loved Jonathan).

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The idea is that if a couple remains pure, then they resist the Devil's temptation to defile each other.

Jonathan didn't love David as a lover, but rather "loved him as himself" (1 Sam. 18), which is what God commands all people to do: "love your neighbor as yourself" (Lev. 19:18).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jonathan didn't love David as a lover, but rather "loved him as himself", which is what God commands all people to do: "love your neighbor as yourself".
That's right it was pure and undefiled love - not wrong or right.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of the faith Jesus had to his father, his payment for sin was accepted for all people. The heart of an individual may pray to Yahava every day though they may make their own decisions, you’ll never know that relationship that they have.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you saying David was gay???

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of the faith Jesus had to his father, his payment for sin was accepted for all people. The heart of an individual may pray to Yahava every day though they may make their own decisions, you’ll never know that relationship that they have.
Yahava? Are you now promoting homosexuality?

Pooh Bear

Sep 25, 2023
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

David and Jonathan's love for each other was not romantically, sexually, or in any other way homosexually motivated. There is nothing pure about homosexuality. It is a defilement of God's use and intent for marriage

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David and Jonathan's love for each other was not romantically, sexually, or in any other way homosexually motivated. There is nothing pure about homosexuality. It is a defilement of God's use and intent for marriage
Very well said!

Reactions: GracePeace

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying David was gay???
No! The problem is that you basically say "defiled homosexual love is wrong" but then you don't say "undefiled homosexual love is right".

Whose business is it, whether a man has pure love or not?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
David and Jonathan weren't attracted to each other though, if that's what you were getting at in post #10.
You say "they were not attracted", but then you fail to say "they liked each other".

Are you going to police all the people of the world, whether their love is pure enough?