Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having said that...

And the beat (diversion) goes on, it seems.

Appeal to Diversion.

I appeal to Scripture. The angels neither marry, nor are given in marriage. The context of this statement of Christ is pretty clear—certainly much clearer about the subject than Genesis 6.

If you want to risk validating the argument for the acceptability of sex outside marriage by insisting on the validity of another false doctrine, I'll have to counter/protest. I don't do the "enemy of my enemy" thing. I know who the adversary is, and I've got him covered.

So, with regard to the present discussion, the ball's in your court, if you care to divert further.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, it is not an affirmation that homosexuality is morally acceptable to God.

So, this is a desperate Appeal to Diversion. Having said that, I do believe it is a reasonable paraphrase that fallen Angels were pursuers of strange flesh, having married women who gave birth to the Giants, like who David fought. But this really has nothing to do with the price of tea in China .... nothing to do with the OP.
It does have everything to do with using the story of Lot to justify homophobia

Reactions: Chadrho

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does have everything to do with using the story of Lot to justify homophobia
You know, it is offensive and dismissive to pretend the only reason to oppose homosexuality is phobia, irrational fear. But that's all you got for an argument, personal attack.

I wrote nearly on your side on post 747 but your hatred blinds you ....

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and Scripture is never contrary to Scripture.

Lots of moving the goal posts, my friend. From <homosexuality is a sin> to <Angels marrying women who have their children who are Giants (Nephilim)> to <Scripture never contradicts itself> ... Scripture contradicts itself all over the place, starting with Genesis 3 and some even say Genesis 1.

In devotional reading of Isaiah a couple of weeks ago, God himself contradicted himself in just a few verses. 1st, he unequivocally says he will destroy all the Jews. Then he says he'll leave a remnant. I know. I know. You will impress me with your dazzling display on how to interpret contradictions as not really so.

1697228552592.png

They are contradictions, plain and simple. By X, he meant -X. I get it. Not agreeing is not the same as not understanding.

Here's one on Jesus. 100's of times 'the temple' in Scripture referred to Solomon's temple. He says tear "this" temple down and I'll build it back in 3 days. The narrative goes on to say he meant another temple. And another verse says God raised him (meaning Jesus, not himself) from the dead. Not a contradiction - and not deceptive either ... Aren't you looking forward to the football season?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of moving the goal posts, my friend. From <homosexuality is a sin> to <Angels marrying women who have their children who are Giants (Nephilim)> to <Scripture never contradicts itself> ... Scripture contradicts itself all over the place, starting with Genesis 3 and some even say Genesis 1.

In devotional reading of Isaiah a couple of weeks ago, God himself contradicted himself in just a few verses. 1st, he unequivocally says he will destroy all the Jews. Then he says he'll leave a remnant. I know. I know. You will impress me with your dazzling display on how to interpret contradictions as not really so.

View attachment 36984

They are contradictions, plain and simple. By X, he meant -X. I get it. Not agreeing is not the same as not understanding.

Here's one on Jesus. 100's of times 'the temple' in Scripture referred to Solomon's temple. He says tear "this" temple down and I'll build it back in 3 days. The narrative goes on to say he meant another temple. And another verse says God raised him (meaning Jesus, not himself) from the dead. Not a contradiction - and not deceptive either ... Aren't you looking forward to the football season?
hmmmm a man in drag....who are you trying to indoctrinate?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 36984

I don't have enough strategic or egotistical skin in the game to be moving goalposts and there's nothing "dazzling" about sound hermeneutics, my friend.

Principles are unchanging; policies are adaptable; and circumstances alter cases.

It's not always wrong to kill someone; but it's always wrong to murder someone.

I wonder what folks did about "Nephilims" when all they had to read about were plain ol' giants.

The Internet somehow has everyone thinking that the Bible couldn't be understood 50 years ago.

If Scripture is contrary to Scripture then for what are we contending?

How do you know your signature isn't debunked somewhere In Matthew, chapter 22?

There's no need to take any of this personally, by the way.

You seem so testy.

There was a time not so long ago when you enjoyed my "streams of consciousness," as you called them.

Here's one now:

There's a lot of attempted murder going on on football fields. That's why quarterbacks are highly discouraged from using caffeine, entertainment media, and other frontal lobe-suppressing agents in their leisure time, and why defensive linemen aren't. Just sayin'. :Broadly:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Probably for the same reason that, while people do walk out in front of buses and get killed, we don't stop all public transportation.

Oversimplifying problems doesn't get them solved.

Right. We should be encouraging homosexuals, not to violate their relationships.

EDIT: Perhaps giving "unviolated homosexuals" a special name, would help.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be compassionate to homosexuals in the same way we should be compassionate to any person who is trapped in the bonds of sin and should encourage them to come to Jesus to find peace and rest for their souls. :)

Agreed.
Picketing their parade with HATE signs seems VERY counter-productive.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and Scripture is never contrary to Scripture.

Are you sure?
Gave gifts, or received gifts?

Compare.

Ephesians 4:8 NIV
This is why it[a] says:
“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.”

Psalm 68:18 NIV
When you ascended on high,
you took many captives;
you received gifts from people,
even from[a] the rebellious—
that you,[b] Lord God, might dwell there.

/

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be compassionate to homosexuals in the same way we should be compassionate to any person who is trapped in the bonds of sin and should encourage them to come to Jesus to find peace and rest for their souls. :)

Who isn't trapped in the bonds of sin, though? How many are "athletes of Christ" and have accepted all suffering so that they are done with sin? I doubt there are many Christians who rail against homosexuality that are also not still enslaved to their own passions. A preacher with five chicken legs in one hand and an "indiscreet images" habit in the other shaking his fat jowls at gays saying they're "Reprehensible!" LOL

And I would say that anyone who has truly overcome the passions would be so much more gracious. We can learn from the Desert Fathers/Mothers:

Once there was a meeting of monks in Scetis, and they discussed the case of a guilty brother but Pior said nothing.

Afterwards he got up and went out, took a sack, filled it with sand, and carried it on his shoulders. He put a little sand in a basket and carried it in front of him.

The monks asked him, “What are you doing?” He answered, “The sack with a lot of sand is my sins; they are many, so I put them on my back and then I shall not weep for them. The basket with a little sand is the sins of our brother and they are in front of me, and I see them and judge them. This is not right. I ought to have my own sins in front of me, and think about them, and ask God to forgive me.”

When the monks heard this, they said, “This is the true way of salvation”

• Haha

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Chadrho
Worth repeating, thanks. In case it was overlooked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I would say that anyone who has truly overcome the passions would be so much more gracious. We can learn from the Desert Fathers/Mothers:
Once there was a meeting of monks in Scetis, and they discussed the case of a guilty brother but Pior said nothing.

Afterwards he got up and went out, took a sack, filled it with sand, and carried it on his shoulders. He put a little sand in a basket and carried it in front of him.

The monks asked him, “What are you doing?” He answered, “The sack with a lot of sand is my sins; they are many, so I put them on my back and then I shall not weep for them. The basket with a little sand is the sins of our brother and they are in front of me, and I see them and judge them. This is not right. I ought to have my own sins in front of me, and think about them, and ask God to forgive me.”

When the monks heard this, they said, “This is the true way of salvation”

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure?
Gave gifts, or received gifts?

Compare.

Ephesians 4:8 NIV
This is why it[a] says:
“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.”

Psalm 68:18 NIV
When you ascended on high,
you took many captives;
you received gifts from people,
even from[a] the rebellious—
that you,[b] Lord God, might dwell there.

/

Naturally, I can only answer one objection at a time but, yes, I am sure that Scripture is not contrary to Scripture in the sense that giving gifts does not preclude receiving them.