Homosexuality: Wrong or Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Transgenderism is a sin?
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

This is the problem with the church on these issues.
This whole area is gray, but the church makes it black and white.
It's a refusal to dialog.

Basically one step away from what they do in some Islamic countries where gays are
thrown from building rooftops to the street below to kill them. Seething hatred.

That's pretty heavy-handed!

/

Deuteronomy 22:5
KJ21
“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for all who do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
ASV
A woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for whosoever doeth these things is an abomination unto Jehovah thy God.
AMP
“A woman shall not wear a man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is utterly repulsive to the Lord your God.
AMPC
The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all that do so are an abomination to the Lord your God.
BRG
¶ The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
CSB
“A woman is not to wear male clothing, and a man is not to put on a woman’s garment, for everyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord your God.

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should share my opinion instead of just complaining about Christianforums lol

Homosexuality is a sin but its not too big for God to forgive. I think sexual sin is something many of us struggle with and it comes in many different forms. Im not a homosexual but i dont feel any more pure then someone who is, as I have had many battles with lust

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 22:5
KJ21
“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for all who do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
ASV
A woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for whosoever doeth these things is an abomination unto Jehovah thy God.
AMP
“A woman shall not wear a man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is utterly repulsive to the Lord your God.
AMPC
The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all that do so are an abomination to the Lord your God.
BRG
¶ The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
CSB
“A woman is not to wear male clothing, and a man is not to put on a woman’s garment, for everyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord your God.
Are you under old testament law?
Show us your tassels. - LOL
As binding as the Sabbath.
Don't forget the blue cord.

Deuteronomy 22:12 NIV
Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.

Numbers 15:38-40 NIV
“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come
you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel.
39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord,
that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.
40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God.

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People get married and violate the relationship (carnally), why don't you complain that heterosexual marriages be stopped?

Probably for the same reason that, while people do walk out in front of buses and get killed, we don't stop all public transportation.

Oversimplifying problems doesn't get them solved.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is a sin but its not too big for God to forgive.
Here's where the sexual deviants are lost. No sinner will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, period, full stop, case closed. All who repent of their sins will be foriven.

The sexual deviants want to be forgiven without repenting of their sin; they want to be forgiven as they continue to act sinfully. Here, their claim of only wanting equality is shown to be a sham; they don't want equality but special accomodation, i.e., claiming their sinful acts are not a choice. Talking about "orientation" and such will not be heard as valid.

So, we must continue to pray for these lost souls.

Reactions: JazzyJeff15

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew an EXTREME gay man who turned to Jesus and was saved! He wasn't gay no more. It is possible!

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said!

/

Are you sure it's "well said?" (quotes not used for the purpose of being obnoxious)

I think (because I've caught myself doing it so many times) that we often resonate with comments and reasoning that aren't that sound because they support our overall views on a topic or even a subtopic under consideration.

I oppose the belief that homosexuality is in accordance with God's will for human sexuality on principle but I have to pass by many, many comments that support my position because aspects of those comments are abhorrent to me. I'm sure you know what I mean.

The number of abominations to God varies by the source of curated lists. And it's probably consensual that some are still considered by Him to be veritably abominable.

So why should it be assumed that since some are no longer considered by civilized societies to be wrong, anyone who so desires should be protected from verbal opposition to their judgment of what is and what is not wrong?

And, on the other hand, how do we get to the place where the word "abomination" is unequivocal code in the Bible for something that simply must be stamped out with vicious and voluminous rhetoric by Christians on social media?

Sometimes it seems like we're all just a bunch of cheerleaders hopped up on Starbucks and diet soda.

And I'm afraid that some of us who call ourselves moderates are not immune to this effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew an EXTREME gay man who turned to Jesus and was saved! He wasn't gay no more. It is possible!

Of course, it's becoming more and more popular to claim that same-sex attraction is irreversible, and that when it does appear to happen, the person was just confused and wasn't same-sex attraction "oriented" to begin with. The deception is becoming more and more sophisticated almost daily, it seems.

I never thought I'd hear someone suggest that Jude 1:7 is referring to angels as pursuers of strange flesh. When I became a Christian, the translations that used the word "angels" in that verse probably didn't even exist or, at least, had very narrow circulation.

This is all part of the little time of trouble that Christ said would get worse and worse like the frequency and intensity of birth pains. We are in danger of growing cold from witnessing it and we can't let that happen. One writer from the 2nd Great Awakening said that we will have to "gather warmth from the coldness of others."

We have to keep our eyes on Jesus.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure it's "well said?" (quotes not used for the purpose of being obnoxious)
I accepted it as a whole without picking through the details.
Not the letter, but the spirit. - LOL

My gripe all along has been how judgmental Christians are on this subject.
The ignoring of, and rationalizing of, issues in the church is a prime example of
the level of hypocrisy we are dealing with here.

So... Yes, well said! IMHO

TinMan said:
the bible lists over 90 abominations. Most of which we have no problem with today and either ignore them or rationalize them away

/ @TinMan

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, it's becoming more and more popular to claim that same-sex attraction is irreversible, and that when it does appear to happen, the person was just confused and wasn't same-sex attraction "oriented" to begin with. The deception is becoming more and more sophisticated almost daily, it seems.

Yes reality is very popular these days

Reactions: Chadrho

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, it's you
I wrote the Bible? LOL As long as they allow you to promote your LGBTQ obsession here, leading gays to Hell fire, and attack Christians and the Bible I will continue to quote what God said about gays. Gays are heading for Hell fire. Jesus said so!

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, ...

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never thought I'd hear someone suggest that Jude 1:7 is referring to angels as pursuers of strange flesh.
Even so, it is not an affirmation that homosexuality is morally acceptable to God.

So, this is a desperate Appeal to Diversion. Having said that, I do believe it is a reasonable paraphrase that fallen Angels were pursuers of strange flesh, having married women who gave birth to the Giants, like who David fought. But this really has nothing to do with the price of tea in China .... nothing to do with the OP.