Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
We all know, from the book of Genesis, that God created man and woman. I truly understand where people from the third sex come from. They may be having a hard time controlling their emotions towards people with the same sex. But we can't deny the fact that there are gays and lesbians who is more faithful than those straight people. So, we can't totally judge them. With proper knowledge about their nature, they will be able to see their true essence as God's perfect creation.

What do you mean we can't judge them? If a person does something that is wrong are you saying we should not say what the person did is wrong? Are you try to say that it is good that a man that have sex with another man and only have sexual relation with that one person that is good?

This is how I look at homosexuality thing. I don't like idea behind it but I will not judge the person about it.

That means you are saying you don't know or won't say it is wrong. Whether you know it or not you make judgments everyday.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
That means you are saying you don't know or won't say it is wrong. Whether you know it or not you make judgments everyday.

What I am saying is I believe homosexuality is wrong but say in the bible do not judge a person. So, I will not judge the person on their action. I will be a friends with homosexuality but doesn't matter that they are because not my job to judge.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
What I am saying is I believe homosexuality is wrong but say in the bible do not judge a person. So, I will not judge the person on their action. I will be a friends with homosexuality but doesn't matter that they are because not my job to judge.

The fact that you believe its wrong you have made a judgment......there two moral choices.....right and wrong. So once you have decided in your mind that something is wrong or right you made a judgment. But when Jesus said do not judge He is talking about condemning.....He is saying do not condemn others and He was speaking in regard to a brother.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God's Word will judge us all. And it says NO HOMOSEXUALS.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Question is wrong to judge an action?

I'll answer that question by asking a question. If you saw someone with a club in his hand beating and kicking a defenseless old man that is on the ground, would you refuse to judge the action of the one doing the assaulting? Would you say to yourself it is not right for me to say what he is doing is wrong?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans attempting to exercise moral judgments on other adults are only pointing out their own inner demons. We have no authority or business passing moral judgment on other adults. In fact, we are incapable of doing so accurately, which is why Jesus warned against it. Our job is to love unconditionally, which is exactly what we we created to do.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Humans attempting to exercise moral judgments on other adults are only pointing out their own inner demons. We have no authority or business passing moral judgment on other adults. In fact, we are incapable of doing so accurately, which is why Jesus warned against it. Our job is to love unconditionally, which is exactly what we we created to do.

So then how would you explain this?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ASV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,
[sup]10 [/sup]nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[sup]11 [/sup]And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then how would you explain this?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ASV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,
[sup]10 [/sup]nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[sup]11 [/sup]And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

Paul is not judging anyone, he is talking about all of us before redemption.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- But if we do not turn away from those SPECIFIC practices, then we ourselves are not redeemed. Paul makes that very clear.

Paul himself did say that people practicing those activies are unrighteous and will not not inherit the kingdom of God.
It was not his personal opinion, but rather God's standard.

According to what appears to be your standard, Paul is guilty of "pointing out his own innder demons."

Or would you perhaps acknowledge that Paul is actually standing on God's own judgment and not exercising his own "moral judgments?"

Because if he isn't exercising his own "moral judgments," then how can someone who quotes Paul directly when asked point blank if unrepentent homosexual are gong to hell be exercising their own "moral judgments?"

If a person says flat out they are homosexual and ask why you have the right to feel they are going to hell, Is quoting Paul's words really "pointing out your own inner demons?" Obviously not.

The person said flat out what their behavior is. It not a matter of opinion but their own stated fact.

Stating that according to their own (and Paul's) words, they will not see the kingdom of heaven is NOT "exercising moral judgments."

The answer is not an essay question open to interpretation and graded on a sliding scale.
Simple yes/no. I am a homosexual, does God love me? Yes.
Am I going to heaven if I do not turn away from practicing my homosexual activity? No.

The 'why?' portion of that dialog that comes next must include scripture or else the person could be SEEN as "exercising their own moral judgment."

Or are you going to split hairs on this one?....saying Paul is in the clear because pointing out that something is a sin but as long as you don't say a specific person is committing that sin then you are on firm scriptural ground....

Is quoting what God Himself holds as truth really....."pointing out" the speaker's "own inner demons?"

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

No he is not. Are there still fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate and abusers of themselves with men in the world? He is saying any of these people will not inherit God's kingdom. Meaning that they must repent.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he is not. Are there still fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate and abusers of themselves with men in the world? He is saying any of these people will not inherit God's kingdom. Meaning that they must repent.

And after repentance comes redemption. Paul is talking about people who are still under the curse of original sin or outside God's saving grace.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
And after repentance comes redemption. Paul is talking about people who are still under the curse of original sin or outside God's saving grace.

That would still be judging and no one is outside of God's forgiveness. Even the very people who crucified Jesus and mocking Him were forgiven while they were still in the act of sin.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
That would still be judging and no one is outside of God's forgiveness. Even the very people who crucified Jesus and mocking Him were forgiven while they were still in the act of sin.

Homosexuals are outside of God's forgiveness, Buzz. As Paul said: Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Forgiveness is based upon repentance, Buzz. One cannot sit at the table of the devil and at God's table, too.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuals are outside of God's forgiveness, Buzz. As Paul said: Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Forgiveness is based upon repentance, Buzz. One cannot sit at the table of the devil and at God's table, too.

Do you eat shrimp, Catfish, ham, bacon or pork? Do you wear a polyester clothing? If so you are outsie God's forgiveness (without Grace covering the flesh). James said: James 2:10: "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, is guilty of all". God not only said you are guilty of that which you eat or what you wear, but if you do that, you are also guilty of murder and homosexuality.

So did you repent for all those sins? Have you actually stopped eating those items and stopped wearing those clothes? And have you built a battlement? One cannot sit at the table of the devil and at God's table, too.

Me? I thank God for his grace that says I will not be condemned for any sin in the flesh I do.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Do you eat shrimp, Catfish, ham, bacon or pork? Do you wear a polyester clothing? If so you are outsie God's forgiveness (without Grace covering the flesh). James said: James 2:10: "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, is guilty of all". God not only said you are guilty of that which you eat or what you wear, but if you do that, you are also guilty of murder and homosexuality.

So did you repent for all those sins? Have you actually stopped eating those items and stopped wearing those clothes? And have you built a battlement? One cannot sit at the table of the devil and at God's table, too.

Me? I thank God for his grace that says I will not be condemned for any sin in the flesh I do.

Do you deny Jesus' words?

Matthew 15:11 "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

You are not grasping the spirit of God's Law.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc

I agree with Vengle.

Yes, God is patient and merciful, and wishes for all to be saved, because he loves all. We cannot eternally judge them, because they might still repent, and as God gives rain to the righteous AND the wicked, so we show his love.

But forgiveness remains dependent on repentance.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

That's not what it says. It only says God gave them up to debase mind to do the things they do. The scripture tells us that God allow people to go against Him so that He would have mercy on them.

Romans 11:30-32 (KJV)
[sup]30 [/sup]For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
[sup]31 [/sup]Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
[sup]32 [/sup]For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc

That is a ridiculous statement, that ignores that the OT is a shadow of the new, and tears down righteousness.

So much of Christianity has chosen to make righteousness null, and call it evil. To do good, they say, like the Good Samaritan, is meaningless. Yet God is pleased with it. We must walk in love.

And then they give out a ridiculous gospel where a 'free pass' is 'arbitrarily handed out', which is contrary to the proclamation of the kingdom which calls to repent, and redeem the time, being conformed to Christ and prepared for his coming.

Finding the tilling of the ground too difficult, men have done away with all righteousness and claimed they need not do it, that they would not have to do what they are instructed to do Hosea 10:12

Status
Not open for further replies.