Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Homosexuality is NOT an orientation. You aren't born with it(genetic predisposed). It is in-fact a sexual preference/desire. Consider bisexuality whether in the male or female, as an example. :)
I've known many homosexuals. Friends, relatives, and people I've worked with. Those who have discussed it have all concur that it was not a choice they made. One example is a relative that rejected his homosexuality for 25 years. Got married to a christian woman, had children, a leader in his christian church, a respected teacher, but deep down was very very unhappy because he was rejecting a part of himself that would not go away. Ultimately, he got divorced, accepted his homosexuality, and now says he is far far happier now that is not rejecting a part of himself that has always been there, and always will be.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
JackSafari said:
I've known many homosexuals. Friends, relatives, and people I've worked with. Those who have discussed it have all concur that it was not a choice they made. One example is a relative that rejected his homosexuality for 25 years. Got married to a christian woman, had children, a leader in his christian church, a respected teacher, but deep down was very very unhappy because he was rejecting a part of himself that would not go away. Ultimately, he got divorced, accepted his homosexuality, and now says he is far far happier now that is not rejecting a part of himself that has always been there, and always will be.
-- So, divorce aside, what you think is going to be the fate of this person?
Does "accepted his homosexuality" mean that he is now living the homosexual lifestyle including sexual activity?
Do you think that doing that, even in a monogamous relationship, is going to be acceptable to God?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would suggest that 'the experts' on homosexuality are homosexuals themselves. I wonder, has anyone ever thought to ask THEIR 'opinions' about the hows and whys of homosexuality?
So all those who have Masters and PhD's in sociology, psychiatry and psychology don't know what they are talking about because they are not homosexuals?

I'm not necessarily claiming that the APA have answers to the hows and whys of homosexuality.
If that is the case, why did you put them up as an authority on the subject?

So, why the criticism of them?
Its very simple. They are not telling the truth and their lies are quoted by the homosexual movement ad infinitum to justify their demands and to claim that they are born homosexual, which they are not.

Based on what you say ...how come 'no one' listens to the suffering that many homosexuals go thru' simply because they are oriented the way they are? Remember, women choose to have abortions. Homosexuals don't choose to be homosexual.
But you are choosing to ignore the truth. To say that no one listen to the suffering of homosexuals is quite monstrous and totally unprovable and requires an apology.

I spent years studying the homosexual condition and then at God's bidding I started a support group for people who were homosexual and did not want to be.

The majority of the thousands of people who were homosexual and no longer are was due to the fact that a church or ministry offered them caring and compassionate support that enabled them to leave their homosexual way of life.

And one final thing, No one makes anyone be a homosexual, that is choice they make as I have explained quite clearly and it is something that a homosexual who is not running away from the truth admits to.

That's possibly true. But that has no bearing as to the whys and hows of homosexuality.
I never said was. It was given as a reason why you should steer clear of the APA.

Not sure what that means
It means that they do not believe what they say.

And those laypersons who claim point blank that homosexuality is a choice DO know . . .??
It is best that you ask them as I do not know what 2 billion laypersons think. I prefer to do my own research rather than rely on what someone else thinks.

Be that as it may, what does that have to do with you?
If you ask silly questions you invite silly answers. The comment was a hypothesis to explain a fact which I made my business to investigate as a means of explaining things...with your permission.

Bingo! It's their choice and not yours!
This remark is totally pointless as that is what I said but....it is not what you said.

Okay, so they're deceiving themselves. Why are you making this your problem? Are there any issues in your own back yard that you might be better off taking care of . . .?
Rather a supercilious remark to say the least.

First of all, it is not my problem.

Second, I am not the sort of person who says 'you can stew in your own juice so don't bother me' if God asks me to do something about it which he did so I do think that I can speak with a bit more authority than you on the subject bearing in mind too that most of my findings are based on research, especially when I was doing my training with Teen Challenge, not opinion.

Third. My back yard is between me and God and at the moment I am doing just fine.

Fourth. There is nowhere in scripture that says God cannot use you until you are perfect.

I would suggest that you put a bit more thought into your responses as you are beginning to make yourself look silly.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
JackSafari said:
A person who gets divorced and becomes a homsoexual is someone who is simply compensating for that by living a homosexual lifestyle.

If he had children, he is obviously not a homosexual, but a bisexual. In fact, there's really no such thing as homosexuality- sayingn a man cannot be attracted to a woman is preposterous. That is perhaps why the original Hebrew context of homosexual is simply 'men who sleep with men'. Scripture doesn't really imply that homosexuality actually even exists.

There's not one single homosexual story that doesn't reek with suspicion and dishonesty, because that is what homosexuality is- dishonesty. After all, it doesn't even exist ad their science to conclude otherwise. Even the so called 'observations in nature' or fallacious. It's psuedo-science, with the word 'psuedo' being hidden by political correctness, where something is right so long as the majority agree or are too timid to speak on it.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
SilenceInMotion said:
A person who gets divorced and becomes a homsoexual is someone who is simply compensating for that by living a homosexual lifestyle.

If he had children, he is obviously not a homosexual, but a bisexual. In fact, there's really no such thing as homosexuality- sayingn a man cannot be attracted to a woman is preposterous. That is perhaps why the original Hebrew context of homosexual is simply 'men who sleep with men'. Scripture doesn't really imply that homosexuality actually even exists.

There's not one single homosexual story that doesn't reek with suspicion and dishonesty, because that is what homosexuality is- dishonesty. After all, it doesn't even exist ad their science to conclude otherwise. Even the so called 'observations in nature' or fallacious. It's psuedo-science, with the word 'psuedo' being hidden by political correctness.
-- Yeah, good luck with that ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Reactions: JackSafari

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Scripture doesn't really imply that homosexuality actually even exists.
SIM, that is an astute comment. I have been quite careful in all my posts on this subject to use phraseology which puts some distance between the common vernacular on this topic - calling people 'homosexuals' - and what scripture clearly shows - that they can stop it if they want to - with God's help.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
When one receives the Lord they will begin to demonstrate repentance in his life or else he did not receive Jesus. This is not a “head” thing where you can say that “they did not attend enough Sunday School classes and just did not have the right teaching”. This has to do with the principle of life, the Lord’s life in an individual that will lead them to come to Him and turn away from all former “lovers”. This is a heart thing, not a head thing.

Receiving the Lord (receiving His life) will begin a process of ongoing repentance and renewing in an individual because the old man has been dealt with and the new life (Christ’s life) in a Believer will lead him to put to death the deeds of the flesh and come to Him with all their heart. The Believer without knowing it in the early stages of his walk will be living by the Lord’s life yet by and by he will experience a battle whose chief aim is to stop the Believer from living by the Lord’s life, each day. Living by the Lord’s life results in a new life of repentance (turning around and going in Jesus' direction and following hard after Him, not turning to the left or right. (this idol or that idol).

Repentance is not so much words but actions based on a new heart and the indwelling Spirit of God. God knows if we are giving our heart to him and not just offering lip service. He is not happy for us to say we love him and continue to love our sin, too. The Lord wants to restore us to wholeness, wholeness which is defined by His life and character.

Repentance is a continual lifestyle of turning away from all that is not of Christ and coming to the Lord with all your heart.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Foreigner said:
-- So, divorce aside, what you think is going to be the fate of this person?
Does "accepted his homosexuality" mean that he is now living the homosexual lifestyle including sexual activity?
Do you think that doing that, even in a monogamous relationship, is going to be acceptable to God?
Yes and yes.
Doubt that god is concerned with anyone's sexual orientation, just like god is not likely to prefer right handed people over those who are left handed, even if right handed people want to believe god favors them. :)

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
KingJ said:
KCKID is someone close to you gay?
Yes, although I've had little contact with this person for the past 6 years. However, my knowing - or even being close to - someone who is gay does not change my Christian perspective on this topic at all. Why do you ask?

KingJ said:
mjrhealth are you gay or is someone close to you gay? You two have been put into a corner numerous times and are still talking...clearly oblivious to it. You have to have some motive? Please come clean!
While mjrhealth can obviously speak for himself why is it naturally assumed that those who tend not to hurl condemning scriptures at gay folks must therefore either know of someone who is gay or they are otherwise gay themselves? I know of a number of straight Christians, and you probably do too, who support GLBTs. Again, I can't speak for mjrhealth but when, precisely, have "I" ever been put into a corner? I've said that I'll discuss the scriptures that are used to condemn homosexuality any time. So far, I've had no takers ...only one-liner insults and/or smug comments. Been put into a corner? ...not me! Just to start the ball rolling, just let me say that I consider myself a follower of Jesus Christ (i.e. a Christian) BUT I emphatically disagree with the popular interpretations behind those specific scriptures that are used to condemn homosexuality. In fact, I don't believe that there is even ONE scripture that condemns homosexuality per se (i.e. in any other manner except that pertaining to idolatry and/or temple prostitution which includes a taboo of both heterosexual and homosexual sex. To be sure, both heterosexual and homosexual promiscuity would be frowned upon - if not actually condemned - but one's sexuality has no bearing whatsoever with regard to one's salvic status. The criteria for salvation has nothing to do with sexuality, again 'per se'. So, there ya go ...feel free to shoot down my rather unorthodox notions if you can but PLEASE don't ever say that I've been forced into a corner . . .!

Sunday school lesson 1: Your body is the temple of God. Sex is sacred. Sex is chiefly for procreation in a protected family environment. Adultery and fornication are evil. Adultery more so as spouse and children damaged and not just you. Hence accept any sexual temptation outside of marriage between husband and wife as straight from the devil.

It has nothing to do with any 'devil'. Human beings have human failings and will until the day they die. They foul things up thru'out their lives. It's as simple as that.

Sunday school lesson 2: God does not make mistakes! God made you male. Be a male. Did God make a mistake? Either you are dumb or God is dumb. God is not dumb. Unless you are a hermaphrodite you have no excuse.

As above. Human beings are just that ...human beings. As for your 'God does not make mistakes!' (and bolded no less), one might very well be justified in claiming that God made a mistake. He made sinful human beings didn't He? Tell me that He didn't . . .

Sunday school lesson 3: Judging the level of rebellion to God / aka sin. Will you divorce your wife for thinking of other men? NO. Will you divorce your wife for repeated adultery? YES. So to those in the new covenant of husband / wife and not just servant / master the rules on sin change somewhat to discerning the level of rebellion. To defy your body, day in and day out by sleeping with the opposite sex takes extreme rebellion to God.

Did you mean 'sleeping with the same sex . . .'? In any event, this is your opinion only. There is NO place in scripture that states "sleeping with the same sex is extreme rebellion to God." That is no more than fundamentalist rhetoric. My saying that doesn't even have any bearing on whether or not I support GLBTs. It's simply not scriptural!

Conclusion: Christians battling with homosexuality need serious / urgent / real help!

Why, because you say so ...?

That is why any person condoning it in anyway or lessoning the seriousness of it, is straight from the devils camp.

Oooo ...I'm so glad that I found freedom in Jesus Christ!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
KCKID said:
As above. Human beings are just that ...human beings. .
You are not a new creation / Christian? Non Christians have an excuse, Christians, should know better.

We cannot in the slightest judge non-Christians. You are mixing the two together...?? :blink:

KCKID said:
I know of a number of straight Christians, and you probably do too, who support GLBTsWhy, because you say so ...?
You know of Christians that support GLBT's. :eek: :eek:

KCKID said:
That is why any person condoning it in anyway or lessoning the seriousness of it, is straight from the devils camp.

Oooo ...I'm so glad that I found freedom in Jesus Christ!
Have you? You seem to battle with the convictions that Christians and non-Christians should have.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
marksman said:
So all those who have Masters and PhD's in sociology, psychiatry and psychology don't know what they are talking about because they are not homosexuals?
It's YOU that is calling those with Masters and PhDs in sociology, psychiatry and psychology QUACKS. Make up your mind. What I DID say is that homosexuals are those who can speak for themselves without having a so-called 'expert mouth-piece' speak for them.

marksman said:
If that is the case, why did you put them up as an authority on the subject?
Some poster stated that homosexuality is a choice as if their merely saying it actually made it so. And so, I gave the officially recognized position of the APA. No other reason.

marksman said:
Its very simple. They are not telling the truth and their lies are quoted by the homosexual movement ad infinitum to justify their demands and to claim that they are born homosexual, which they are not.
??? So, on the one hand you're basically calling 'quacks' those whose official position is that homosexuality is something that one has little to no control over and on the other hand you've set YOURSELF up as some expert on the subject by claiming that homosexuals are NOT born 'that way' . . .! Who are we to believe, medical science or you . . .? Moreover - and I'm really calling you out on this! - not only are you implying that homosexuals are really 'deviant heterosexuals' (an unbelievably stupid thing to imply) but they are - according to you - LIARS to boot! You really don't like homosexuals do you? You can like or dislike whoever you choose but please don't denean them publicly and - MOST IMPORTANT - don't use the name of Jesus to support you in this!

marksman said:
But you are choosing to ignore the truth. To say that no one listen to the suffering of homosexuals is quite monstrous and totally unprovable and requires an apology.
Excuse me?? Have you been reading this thread? Have you been absent from the world for the last couple of decades? Are you really not aware as to how this issue (homosexuality) has created angst and division within the Christian Church? Have you not heard of Matthew Shepard who was beaten to death for being gay? He was just one of many, by the way. Have you not heard of the Westboro Baptist Church who 'real' Christians claim to distance themselves from but, deep down, agree with them, scripturally speaking? There are very few Christians who publicly come out to defend homosexuals, not against the wrath of God, but from the wrath of Christians! I will never again set foot in a Church that is unified through its homophobic preaching!

marksman said:
I spent years studying the homosexual condition and then at God's bidding I started a support group for people who were homosexual and did not want to be.
I, too, studied homosexuality as part of my Social Science Course. I guess the difference between you and me is that I never heard the voice of God bidding me to do anything. Does this make me someone who is to be taken less seriously? The homosexuals that I encountered at uni were those who had gone through all of the usual 'struggling' but had eventually arrived at the "Hey, I'm free to be who I am" stage. The majority that I met were just average 'everyday people' - just like similar heterosexuals - who wanted to make a difference to the lives of others. Some even claimed to be (gasp) Christians, y'know ...Christ followers who have actually 'gotten' the gospel message of 'grace'.

marksman said:
The majority of the thousands of people who were homosexual and no longer are was due to the fact that a church or ministry offered them caring and compassionate support that enabled them to leave their homosexual way of life.
I have YET to see empirical evidence of just a handful - let alone 'thousands' - of former homosexuals.

marksman said:
And one final thing, No one makes anyone be a homosexual, that is choice they make as I have explained quite clearly and it is something that a homosexual who is not running away from the truth admits to.
What? YOU have 'explained quite clearly ...'? Do you have some credentials that I don't have? Proof is required for claims such as those you make. Prove that homosexuals are self-made. Prove that homosexuality is a choice. Prove that you have the authority to speak as an expert on the subject. Until then, you, like me, are just words on a computer screen voicing opinions.

marksman said:
I never said was. It was given as a reason why you should steer clear of the APA.

It means that they do not believe what they say.

It is best that you ask them as I do not know what 2 billion laypersons think. I prefer to do my own research rather than rely on what someone else thinks.
Then I would suggest that you research - for YOURSELF - what the Bible has to say about this topic! Because, I don't believe that you have actually done so. If so, you would not have the mindset that you do. I would guess that, like most other Christians, you are 'parrotting' what your church pastor has 'parrotted' to you that someone 'parrotted' to him that someone ...and on and on.

marksman said:
If you ask silly questions you invite silly answers. The comment was a hypothesis to explain a fact which I made my business to investigate as a means of explaining things...with your permission.
I DO agree with you here. I often think to myself ...what am I doing here arguing with others about a subject (homosexuality) that has become so 'beaten up' that it's taken on a life of its own that was never intended ...not by Jesus anyway. It becomes childish and therefore silly and I get just as much caught up in it as do others. I should be more mature but that wretched human nature takes over at times. So, you are correct. I AM silly to allow myself to be caught up in 'an issue' that should not be 'an issue' to begin with.

marksman said:
This remark is totally pointless as that is what I said but....it is not what you said.

Rather a supercilious remark to say the least.

First of all, it is not my problem.
Okay, I'm fast running out of steam.

marksman said:
Second, I am not the sort of person who says 'you can stew in your own juice so don't bother me' if God asks me to do something about it which he did so I do think that I can speak with a bit more authority than you on the subject bearing in mind too that most of my findings are based on research, especially when I was doing my training with Teen Challenge, not opinion.
While I told you previously that God has never spoken to me ...what it I'm mistaken and am now wondering whether God HAS spoken to me through a small voice deep inside? What if I was to tell you that God HAS instilled into me a need to stand up for people that are generally despised by Christians? How would you respond to that? As for Teen Challenge, while I don't know a great deal about it I would guess that the training you would have received would have had the usual Christian biases connected with it. And, as mentioned previously, if you actually researched the scriptures for yourself you would become quite enlightened with regard to this subject. But, I keep forgetting, to dare question the traditional teachings of 'the Church' is regarded by many as heresy.

marksman said:
Third. My back yard is between me and God and at the moment I am doing just fine.

Fourth. There is nowhere in scripture that says God cannot use you until you are perfect.

I would suggest that you put a bit more thought into your responses as you are beginning to make yourself look silly.
Oh, I SO agree as I mentioned previously. 'Silly' is becoming my middle name. :blink:

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
JackSafari said:
Yes and yes.
Doubt that god is concerned with anyone's sexual orientation, just like god is not likely to prefer right handed people over those who are left handed, even if right handed people want to believe god favors them. :)
-- This is your response to my questions:
"Does "accepted his homosexuality" mean that he is now living the homosexual lifestyle including sexual activity?
Do you think that doing that, even in a monogamous relationship, is going to be acceptable to God?"

Jack, the only way that 'monogamous homosexual relationship' would/could possibly be acceptable to God is if were absent of all sexual activity.
I am afraid God's Word and what it says about the homosexual act trumps your opinion on the matter.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Foreigner said:
"Does "accepted his homosexuality" mean that he is now living the homosexual lifestyle including sexual activity?
Do you think that doing that, even in a monogamous relationship, is going to be acceptable to God?"

Jack, the only way that 'monogamous homosexual relationship' would/could possibly be acceptable to God is if were absent of all sexual activity.
I am afraid God's Word and what it says about the homosexual act trumps your opinion on the matter.
I have faith that god demonstrates better judgement\understanding than what you suggest and simply is not concerned with such trivial matters of what two consenting adults do in privacy. I sleep very well at night with the faith that god is not concerned with the sexuality of anyone. Its all very relative, and not all that different than 50+ years ago when biblical arguments were used to denounce interracial marriages, interracial socialization, and separating black and whites into their own separate schools. Like I suggested, it would be like arguing that God rejects left handed people because they are left handed, and if they want to be accepted they need to force themselves to be a right handed person, like self-proclaimed "normal" people. :)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
JackSafari said:
I have faith that god demonstrates better judgement\understanding than what you suggest and simply is not concerned with such trivial matters of what two consenting adults do in privacy. I sleep very well at night with the faith that god is not concerned with the sexuality of anyone.
-- Oh, I would agree you are sleeping alright.
I would put forth that people who feeld that God "is not concerned with" something or "has no problem with something" when His Word says just the opposite are going to be in a bit of a surprise when they eventually stand before Him.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Foreigner said:
-- Oh, I would agree you are sleeping alright.
I would put forth that people who feeld that God "is not concerned with" something or "has no problem with something" when His Word says just the opposite are going to be in a bit of a surprise when they eventually stand before Him.
Not worried about it even slightly, because its trival, I can even seeing God getting a good chuckle over that people fear being rejected over their sexuality, even heterosexual activity done with another consenting adult. Some dare not depart from the missionary position out of concern that everything else is 'deviant sex'. In part, it really comes down to is the glass half full, or half empty perspective of God's intent. Those who have the half-empty perspective fear God, those who have the half-full outlook, do not.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
People are not supposed to have sex before marriage- it causes social sabatage and potential personal risks and unffordable consequences. Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman- it is God's natural order since Adam and Eve. Men who slept with men were beaten to death with stones. You are not supposed to have sex outside of marriage- adultery sabatages families, and is a mortal sin. You're not supposed to use birth control, because sex is for the purpose of procreation. The New Testament again tells that the effeminate and men who sleep with men will not inherit the Kingdom.

Where does homsoexuality fit into all that? Oh yes, worldly sin and Hell, that's where. It's not hard to figure out.

The Bible never makes any implication that homosexuality even exists naturally. The word is not even used, just simply 'men who sleep with men' and 'effeminate'. It is a deviance, and the Bible treats it as such. The reason why people are trying to say homosexuality is okay is because of the times we live in- homosexuality is accepted and there is a lot of false information, hear say, and deceit about actual proof and logical consistency on the object of homosexuality altogether. We live in an age of political correctness and legal fictions; you can't tell the truth about a great deal of things without being shunned.

I would suggest that some Christians wake up and snap out of that worldly daze. Look at how the world has caused you to labor under a falsehood of what God wills instead of pretending like you've always had the presupposition that things like homosexulaity are okay.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Ezekiel 3:18 KJV
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die ; and thou givest him not warning , nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life ; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Ezekiel 3:18 KJV
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die ; and thou givest him not warning , nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life ; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
??

Homosexuals are no more 'wicked' than are heterosexuals. While I accept that Jesus came to remove our sins and impute them to Himself I do NOT accept that Jesus removed our ability to use our brains with which to reason things out for ourselves. While I may be taken to task for saying this I find it quite pathetic that people use scriptures with which to make their argument, scriptures with which, if we are honest, can be used against ANYONE one chooses.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
KCKID said:
??

Homosexuals are no more 'wicked' than are heterosexuals.
-- You are correct. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals who violate God's laws on sexual activities will face His punishment.

JackSafari said:
Not worried about it even slightly, because its trival, I can even seeing God getting a good chuckle over that people fear being rejected over their sexuality, even heterosexual activity done with another consenting adult.
-- Sure. I mean His opinion on the subject of sexuality and sexual behavior has been laid out in the Bible, but why should we take that seriously?
Guess we can pick and choose what we want from the Bible, huh?

And who cares if it is adults, then? If a minor appears to be sexually ready and gives consent, what is the harm there, right?
Same with a human and an animal. If the animal doesn't put up a fuss, what exactly is the big deal?
After all, God will get a good chuckle over those who oppose these things, right?

Because how exactly would you say that those two activities are wrong?
By your own standard you couldn't use the Bible.

And you can't claim they are wrong because the law is against them.
The law of the land was almost universally against gay marraige, but people have been working to change that.

Would it not be then acceptable if people changed the laws against sexual activity with minors or with animals?

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Foreigner said:

The thing I love about some Christians is their unabashed humility (sarcasm). Seriously, they actually believe that as long as they carry and can quote from the Bible that they actually become the mouth-piece for a Being who is purported to have created everything. That's EVERYTHING! How do YOU know, Foreigner, what is and what is not acceptable to God? Please tell me because I tell you in all honesty that "I" could never speak for someone that I cannot relate to. Jesus, yes ...I can relate to Jesus. God, no ...I cannot relate to God and, unlike some, I don't pretend that I can.

Foreigner said:
As above. You don't know what 'God's word' is on ANY issue unless God has spoken to you personally. Besides, you're speaking for robots, Foreigner, which, sadly, too many people are or, at least, certainly act that way. However, human beings are NOT robots and were never designed to be. Repeat: Human beings are NOT robots and were never designed to be. Humans have been designed to act on their own behalf - not even on God's behalf - and that rather implies that they have free will (though that IS debatable). Heterosexuals have the free will to couple up with those to whom they are attracted. Heterosexuals also have the free will to pair up with those to whom they are attracted. This does not make either heterosexuals or homosexuals 'wicked' people. YOU, through 'the word of God' as you see it, are denying humans free will. You want robots that are programmed to respond mechanically as per 'a manual'. Even then, you are interpreting the manual to follow your own line of thinking.

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear from someone where 'God' says anything about 'the homosexual act' per se. That is, any homosexual act that is NOT associated with the worship of false idols. I believe that no such scripture exists but I'm right here to be proven wrong if anyone can do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.