Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Rex said:
Here's something for the 9 to think about that voted homosexuality is not a sin.

Fire-7, kiwimac, year2027, Highlight, Justinian, Xian Pugilist, IHSscj, Jan 1111, KCKID
Wow ...you even named we 'sinners' ...how thoughtful of you.

Rex said:
1 John
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
So, where do you stand on verse 8, Rex? Do you say that you have no sin? Sure seems like it.

About verse 9 ...when a person confesses their sins do they have to then receive affirmation from you? Sure sounds like it. How do you otherwise know who has or has not confessed their sins?

How do you stand on verse 10, Rex? I don't know about you but it seems that, no matter how many times I might confess my sins, I'm STILL a sinner. And you?

As you so deftly pointed out, I'm one of "the Wretched 9" (sounds like a good title for a Christian movie) who voted that homosexuality is not a sin. If the question had been, "Is Heterosexuality A Sin" I would have voted similarly since one's sexual orientation CANNOT BE A SIN! Heterosexuals and homosexuals, however, are human beings and they are inherently ...sinners. We all know this, except for a handful of folks on this forum who seem to be under the illusion that they have already attained perfection. But, I've got news for you and it ain't good ...you, Rex, are - according to the Bible - a sinner, no more no less than the homosexual people that you are pointing your finger at. Moreover, YOU don't know who has confessed their sins or who has not confessed their sins (whatever their sins might be) so you really do need to use some Christian etiquette and remain silent on what you don't know.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
KCKID said:
Then I guess you'll welcome a serious discussion on those scriptures you use to judge and to condemn homosexuals . . .?
Not with you, sorry. Your posts here have convinced me you need to go back over the basics of Christianity.

You and mjrhealth really do need to find a good church with some wise elders.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
KingJ said:
Not with you, sorry. Your posts here have convinced me you need to go back over the basics of Christianity.
I don't much care what you've been convinced of. "I" believe your knowledge of scripture to be so sadly lacking that I'm willing to discuss/debate with you the scriptures that you condemn homosexuals with. If you know so much about the scriptures in question and I don't then you'll wipe the floor with me in nothing flat. This is your big chance to teach me something. How much fairer can I be? How about it?

KingJ said:
You and mjrhealth really do need to find a good church with some wise elders.
Well, you don't know me well enough to make any such suggestions. Not sure about mjrhealth. You appear to be a follower of traditional beliefs (i.e. probably having soaked up without question what you've been taught by your pastor) whereas I have long studied said scriptures for myself taking into account the culture, the theme behind the contents of the scripture/s and the historical context of the time period they were written. I can assure you that not everything is as it appears to be unless one chooses to ignore the facts and prefers to remain within the comfort zone of closed mindedness. In that case, nothing will penetrate a closed mind. Sadly, that is the case with many Christians and this will, I'm sure, eventually come back to bite them. That said, from a Bible perspective, if one chooses bigotry over truth simply because of pride and self-agenda then that would surely be the sin of sins.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
KCKID said:
It doesn't matter to me if you were speaking to me personally or not. I was the one who responded to your post. Someone else could have done so but didn't as far as I know. As for getting over myself ...I'm one of the most humble and unassuming people I know . . . :)
I'm sorry... :p ...but you do realise that saying "I'm the most humble and unassuming person I know" sounds a little funny...coming from yourself as it did...!

KCKID said:
As for reading my Bible ...I have done so many times and continue to do so. Actually, topics such as this keep me on my toes. But, I don't need to affirm myself to you. It's because I have reasonable Bible knowledge that I ignore phrases that many Christians just LOVE to 'parrot', such as 'homosexuality is an abomination', when there are SO many 'abominations' to go around that Christians commit ' on a daily basis without the bat of an eye. This is not to mention, of course, that the Levite holiness code and worship instructions are as applicable to we of today as is sacrificing our children to the god Molech. Nonsense!
We should never, ever, ignore any phrases from scripture. We need to ask ourselves if what It's saying needs to be read in light of the NT covenant in the blood Christ...but even if that is so, a lot can still be learned about the nature of God.
What we learn when we read scripture like this, is that regardless of NT or OT, sin is to be repented of...and true repentance is having a change of mind and heart, and turning from that behaviour with the help of the Spirit.
So the question must become...is a homosexual relationship a sin? The answer...according to scripture, not myself...is yes. Any relationship outside of a God ordained heterosexual marriage covenant, is a sin. I'm not talking about homosexual feelings that people may have but do not act upon...I'm talking about people who 'want their cake and eat it too'...people who want to claim Christ as their own, but still believe they have the right to live in a manner that defies God's very clear edicts.

As far as your mention of Christians going around sinning...well, yes. We are sinners...we live in a fallen world and in fallen bodies, and every day we wage war with that nature and temptation. Sometimes we fall. And yes....there are some 'Christians' who believe they can live with 'acceptable sins'...they are wrong. But by far the most Christians I know what their walk faithfully. And by that I don't mean 'sin free'...that is not possible this side of the grave. By faithful, I mean that we strive to live as God desires, and when we fall, we repent, seek forgiveness and then go on in the joy that he hears us, saves us, and continues to work in us.

The problem with gay couples demanding not only the right to be welcomed into the church, but to be declared not in sin in their relationship, is that they are trying to prove that their morality and desires must come above God's. We simply do not have that authority. Nor do we have the authority to allow the adulterating pastor to continue preaching, or the thieving elder to remain as overseer of the body. God calls his people to certain things, and while we will always struggle with sin, we must not, ever, believe that we can give into it or declare it righteous behaviour.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Homosexuality is against the natural law of God. If you believe in any Abrahamic religion, then you believe homosexuality is contrary to nature. It's that simple. It's deemed a sin punishable by death in the OT, and stated in the NT that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom. But it's not just about what Scripture say- homosexuality is incompatible with the ENTIRE premise of Abrahamic religion. If you dpn't like it, then the best thing you could do for yourself is become apostate, because you are against the natural order in which God institued as the preface of mankind.

People think they can just get around everything with the cross, and if that were the case, Hell wouldn't exist. If you excuse homosexuality, you have to excuse drugatics and idolaters. You have to excuse alcoholics and every other sexual immorality. What is it about the subject of homosexuality that makes people go mad? Is it because of the lie that homosexuality is 'natural'? Because that is a legal fiction, meaning it has been assumed but the actual evidence is for it is next to nil. A proper scientist could not tell you they could conclude with it.

As such, it's a bit disappointing to see some Christians be so accepting of something that is evidently against God's natural law when their isn't even conclusive evidence for it. Some parts of Christianity are becoming more and more worldly by the day, and eventually they are going to resemble little more then atheists with a cross.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
KCKID said:
I don't much care what you've been convinced of. "I" believe your knowledge of scripture to be so sadly lacking that I'm willing to discuss/debate with you the scriptures that you condemn homosexuals with. If you know so much about the scriptures in question and I don't then you'll wipe the floor with me in nothing flat. This is your big chance to teach me something. How much fairer can I be? How about it?
I have nothing more to say to you then post #1282. Further discussion with you on this subject will be a waste of time.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kckid

i have a question for you. how do you come to the conclusion that homosexual relationships are not sin?

i just want to discuss your beliefs and not debate because debating leads to arguments and hot tempers. i know what most christians believe but i want to hear from you on your view because it is different. sorry if you have already answered my question but 43 pages is a lot of pages to go back through to find answers.

God bless

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Among UK Christians and otherwise the Anglican communion, the headline reads "homosexual relationships are not sinful"

That's because the Church of England is the state religion, and if the state is ultra-liberal and pretty much using the term 'bigot' more then any other word in the English language, the CoE is going to be pressured to say "homosexual relationships are fine with conversion".

That is where the whole idea that homosexual relationships are okay come from. It leaked from the CoE, through the communed churches in the UK, and into the episcopal branches of America.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi KC,

I saw your question to me about the 600 commandments on an earlier page, and in (possibly) your first post in this thread that you believe we are all still 'in our sins'. I don't have a lot of time to pull this apart with you, so I need to go straight to the point of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which it sounds as if you think you know, but don't actually understand. Before you use the previous sentence to level one of the many accusations that you've already used against participants in this thread, I want to ask you to not do that. Thousands, if not millions of people who think they are Christians, don't understand why the gospel was good news to anyone. Note: I am not saying you are not a Christian, but I am saying you are neither preaching nor practising the faith of Jesus Christ to us through the New Covenant. The very start of that believing, would be to accept that God does know what He is saying when He calls homosexual behaviour an abomination which people can choose not to commit. If it were not true that people can turn from idolatry, no-one would be a Christian, because there are only two worship systems in this world - worshipping God, and worshipping something else: John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what...'

The way a person lives free from bondage to sin, is founded on the death of Christ. If we recognise that we will AUTOMATICALLY DIE because we are descended from Adam, and therefore thus affected by his sin of disobedience (unbelief) but we can effect an early spiritual death by being baptised into Jesus Christ (thus predating our real physical death) then we can also be raised to walk in His resurrection life whilst still in this mortal coil. Ephesians 2:10

Many people cannot see (it gradually becomes apparent through discussion with them) that if they truly died (spiritually), then 'the sin' which 'entered the world through Adam, and through the sin the death' would also be dead in them. The sin would have no more dominion over them, which is the thesis Paul lays out in Romans 6.

Accepting this, and making the necessary transaction with God through repentance and faith, is what unlocks the power of Christ's death on our behalf, to us in our own experience. Thus, to suggest that we are 'still in our sins' (see 1 Cor 15 and Paul's defence of Christ's resurrection), is to claim that His death was of no immediate effect.

The truth is, it was of effect of cosmic proportion, through which the whole of creation was redeemed back to God. We are a small but important part of creation, and although some parts groan while they wait, we have the power to choose to follow in Christ's steps, empowered by His Holy Spirit, obeying the Father's will, bearing fruit unto God. Romans 7:4

Exactly the same salvation is available to homosexuals, whereby they may be baptised into Christ's death on their behalf, and rise again in HIm to learn to walk in newness of life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is a radical gospel, but it is the only one in the NT. The daily taking up of the cross, or, Romans 8:13, is the means by which the flesh - now having been severed from the spiritual power which caused it always to be irrevocally wayward from God - can be quickened by the life of God Romans 8:11 as the believer walks in the Spirit rather than the flesh.

In this way, believing Hebrews 10:14 - a statement about the spiritual state of the believer - begins to be proved true, as the believer chooses to walk in holiness (set apart to God) and righteousness and truth.

Every time you decide you are not going to accept God's word for something, you are exercising unbelief. Beware. :mellow:

John 12:48 He that rejects me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him:
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Ephesians 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that fills all in all.

1 And you has he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath [unbelief], even as others.

Thayer's note on 'disobedience' - obstinate opposition to the divine will

The onus is on every one of us to abide in Christ, grafted into His death, so that through His new life only, we live.

There are so many men and women who have returned to heterosexual orientation as a result of turning to Christ, that one has to ask why would Christians believe 'homosexuals' - still dead in sin, death and darkness - have a more correct perspective on their spiritual condition, than those who reformed, who are actually walking in newness of life through the Holy Spirit?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my latest insight about this topic:

Determining whether homosexuality is good or evil is moot-here is why.

1. Telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin does not cure them.

2. Telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin is not going to save them from Hell.

3. Loving a homosexual instead of using Paul's words against him will prepare their hearts for the love and If necessary, the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey Aspen...how are you going? :)
aspen2 said:

I feel I should probably point out that determining God's will and thoughts on a subject can never be moot! In fact the more we understand God's thoughts and decrees on something, the better we know how we should act on the subject.

aspen2 said:
No...no it doesn't. But we have to start somewhere, and if it's not from the true basis that something is a sin, we have nowhere to go to then tell them that freedom from sin is possible through the priceless gift of our Lord. And that second step should always come after the pronouncement of sin...too often it doesn't...and that is our failing.

aspen2 said:
2. Telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin is not going to save them from Hell.
Again...no, it won't. But letting them think it's not a sin will have the guaranteed effect that they see no reason to seek forgiveness and salvation. Again...we MUST give them ALL the news at once....yes, it's a sin, but wonderful news.....
That way it's not a condemnation we are proclaiming over them, but a shared nature of sin that has been rescued....

aspen2 said:
3. Loving a homosexual instead of using Paul's words against him will prepare their hearts for the love and If necessary, the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
Yes the Spirit convicts...but we should always keep in mind that he will often use our words to do so. So our love MUST be biblical. Such love must inform as well as love. Nothing....absolutely nothing, is more loving than what Jesus has done for all sinners. There should be no need or hesitation on our part in needing to cover up part of that truth. And the simple fact is that part of that truth is that we are sinners and we ALL need his grace. My sin might be different to that of a homosexual sinners, but it's still sin none the less....and as I repented and now strive every day to walk with Christ away from that sin, so too should we present the truth to homosexuals....

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
7angels said:
kckid

i have a question for you. how do you come to the conclusion that homosexual relationships are not sin?
I don't know whether or not a homosexual relationship is a sin, i.e. a transgression against a divine law. Therefore, I will err on the positive rather than the negative until I hear from God Himself. The Bible is not God, I quickly add. And, even though the verses in Leviticus are those that are used incessantly by the anti-gay brigade ...we really don't know PRECISELY what those texts mean. The facts are that they are ambiguous and there are at least a couple of interpretations that are possible. One interpretation - the popular one - condemns homosexuality across the board. Another interpretation - just as valid and perhaps even more so - has this scripture referencing sexual acts that are related solely to idol worship. What one might do in private is not the issue here at all. Idol worship is the issue and it refers to the possible PUBLIC DISPLAY of paganistic rituals and the blatant 'thumbing one's nose to God' ...NOT so much the sexual act in and of itself. Indeed, the very verse preceding the 'man lying' text refers to children sacrificed to the god Molech. We need to remember that the biblical God is a stickler for worship and He abhors idolatry and the practices associated with idol worship. The very first commandment of the Big Ten tells us that we are not to have any other gods. THAT is the most important command. Even the reference to children sacrificed to Molech (Leviticus 18:21 ...the 'man lying' verse is 18:22) doesn't appear to show concern by God for the poor kids being sacrificed ...the emphasis is on idol worship!

And so, until the specific truths of the Leviticus texts are revealed as being applicable to 'we' of present-day I'll err on the side of the positive and refuse flatly to use these texts to judge and condemn another human being. Furthermore, if we were to adhere to ALL of the instructions contained in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, etc. (an impossibility) then there would be much blood-letting and not too many of us left around to argue this issue. It's ludicrous to use Leviticus, et al, as a template for morality/instruction. I don't care how many folks here might mock and jeer me for taking the stance that I do. I can handle it. However, it's none of my business should anyone be insane enough to try to bind themselves to the crude and cruel Old Testament instructions. Just as long as they don't try to impose this insanity on me . . .

7angels said:
i just want to discuss your beliefs and not debate because debating leads to arguments and hot tempers. i know what most christians believe but i want to hear from you on your view because it is different. sorry if you have already answered my question but 43 pages is a lot of pages to go back through to find answers.
That's fine ...ask away. I don't mind answering questions about my beliefs ...again and again if necessary. I DO realize that I come across as being somewhat radical from a Fundamentalist Christianity point of view and I also realize that this rankles some people. This is to be expected on Christian Forums that are rather 'tribal' in nature. Many are here to be recognized by others as being 'godly' and feel affirmed whenever others of like belief acknowledge this by patting them on the back or complimenting them. It's 'human' to display a tad of narcissism. :) That said, I'm far from alone in my so-called 'radical' beliefs. (They're really not radical at all). More and more Christians are 'shucking' the traditional beliefs that have been handed down and soaked up without question by the majority of Christians. And, they are - I believe - becoming more effective Christians as a result. The gospel message is simplicity itself ..i.e. no extra padding necessary. Belief in Jesus with no strings attached. Fundamentals can't seem to grasp this. They appear to need 'enemies of God' to condemn to affirm their own 'saintliness'. There is nothing wrong in analyzing and critiquing scripture just as one might do with ANY piece of literature. If the Bible - and Christians - can't hold up to scrutiny without getting nervous then it doesn't speak a whole lot for a belief system that's intended to gain converts.

7angels said:
God bless
Thank you. And, I appreciate the tone of your post. Thanks for that too.

Rach said:
I'm sorry... :p ...but you do realise that saying "I'm the most humble and unassuming person I know" sounds a little funny...coming from yourself as it did...!
Of course it did. And, as I'm sure you know, it was intended as tongue-in-cheek . . . ;)

Rach said:
We should never, ever, ignore any phrases from scripture. We need to ask ourselves if what It's saying needs to be read in light of the NT covenant in the blood Christ...but even if that is so, a lot can still be learned about the nature of God.
What we learn when we read scripture like this, is that regardless of NT or OT, sin is to be repented of...and true repentance is having a change of mind and heart, and turning from that behaviour with the help of the Spirit.
So the question must become...is a homosexual relationship a sin? The answer...according to scripture, not myself...is yes. Any relationship outside of a God ordained heterosexual marriage covenant, is a sin. I'm not talking about homosexual feelings that people may have but do not act upon...I'm talking about people who 'want their cake and eat it too'...people who want to claim Christ as their own, but still believe they have the right to live in a manner that defies God's very clear edicts.

As far as your mention of Christians going around sinning...well, yes. We are sinners...we live in a fallen world and in fallen bodies, and every day we wage war with that nature and temptation. Sometimes we fall. And yes....there are some 'Christians' who believe they can live with 'acceptable sins'...they are wrong. But by far the most Christians I know what their walk faithfully. And by that I don't mean 'sin free'...that is not possible this side of the grave. By faithful, I mean that we strive to live as God desires, and when we fall, we repent, seek forgiveness and then go on in the joy that he hears us, saves us, and continues to work in us.

The problem with gay couples demanding not only the right to be welcomed into the church, but to be declared not in sin in their relationship, is that they are trying to prove that their morality and desires must come above God's. We simply do not have that authority. Nor do we have the authority to allow the adulterating pastor to continue preaching, or the thieving elder to remain as overseer of the body. God calls his people to certain things, and while we will always struggle with sin, we must not, ever, believe that we can give into it or declare it righteous behaviour.
I realize that due to conflicting beliefs about the very same scriptures an impasse is the natural result. I do thank you, however, for your gracious post.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Homosexuality is NOT an orientation. You aren't born with it(genetic predisposed). It is in-fact a sexual preference/desire. Consider bisexuality whether in the male or female, as an example. :)

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
KCKID said:
Of course it did. And, as I'm sure you know, it was intended as tongue-in-cheek . . . ;)
I just found it immensely funny....probably because so many people say things like this....and they are NOT intended tongue in cheek! Cheers for not being one of them!

KCKID said:
I realize that due to conflicting beliefs about the very same scriptures an impasse is the natural result. I do thank you, however, for your gracious post.

Your welcome! And I must thank you for, even when disagreeing with me, you have simply said as much, and left it at that.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:

Telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin is not the singular message you give them.

You also tell them:
Jesus sees all sin as unacceptable, not just homosexuality.
You tell them:
Those who commit adultery, theft, deception, abuse, assault, etc. etc. will not see heaven unless they turn away from that sin, seek forgiveness, and turn their lives over to Jesus.
You tell them:
You too were a sinner and would be going to hell if you hadn't turned away from the sin in your life.
You tell them:
Jesus loves them as much as He loves you and doesn't want them to perish.
You tell them:
Jesus wants to make them whole and give them peace, happiness, and an eternity of happiness in heaven with Him.
You tell them:
Jesus died for them because He loves them and His death and resurrection wipes away their sins and will keep them from being condemned if they turn to Him.

You have repeatedly implied over the life of this thread that Christians only criticize and condemn homosexuals. This is deceitful.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Homosexuality is NOT an orientation. You aren't born with it(genetic predisposed). It is in-fact a sexual preference/desire. Consider bisexuality whether in the male or female, as an example. :)
According to the American Psychological Association: There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi KC,

As I mentioned before, there is a spiritual component which is so strong that it both confuses the heart and mind, and overwhelms the natural instincts of the individual. Having a sexual relationship with another man (or woman) who is similarly confused at a spiritual level, only confirms the spiritual element rather than the God-given instincts appropriate to the anatomy of the individual.

Remember, gender is cultivated. A man is supposed to develop both husbandly and fatherly attributes as he grows through maturity - which could be described as feminine aspects of masculinity. But when a SPIRIT of femininity or masculinity gets involved, the person's natural propensity is challenged.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
There is an affect that sodomy has upon the sodomized that transcends the Natural realm. God calls the affect of a feminine man, [ swooshy] , or a masculine woman, a "penalty" of sin, & it is definately of the spirit realm, an infliction from the demonic.

"Therefore God also gave them up to UNCLEANESS, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever." Amen.

" For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is , SHAMEFUL and receiving in themselves the PENALTY OF THEIR ERROR which was due."

People are not Born "Gay"...Sodomy is a choice, a defiling one, derived as to what God says....a penalty of their sin. However, this is no greater sin than being a heterosexual fornicator, or adulterer, but it doea seem to carry more self-condemantion to it, I think because it affects the spirit of a person with a deeper aftermath penalty...that IS unclean moreso.

I spent 40 strait days preaching in the Castro, San Francisco, overseeing a Christian Coffee House, ministering almost exclusively to the "Gay community there. I will love the sinner, hate the sin. [ We discipled those who believed..] There is very often little healing available for the sodomite caught up in the lifestyle, as most Christians will not accept this particular sinner repented. This is not good, but a reality.

We must remember that whatever we do, & however our attitude be to the least of those that Jesus accepts, WE HAVE DONE IT UNTO HIM!....& & that we ALL are cut out of the same cloth, & carry our version of Satanic Adam as our natures, the same as the fallen sodomite. But, they must also acknowledge their SIN, & receive Jesus & HIS SHED BLOOD, to be healed, & be made clean, & healed....just like you & me.

Often these will need discipling, & acceptance & love a little more than others...& we need to be there with AGAPE mercies when the Lord calls us to....but standing in holiness too.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Foreigner said:
Telling a homosexual that homosexuality is a sin is not the singular message you give them.

You also tell them:
Jesus sees all sin as unacceptable, not just homosexuality.
You tell them:
Those who commit adultery, theft, deception, abuse, assault, etc. etc. will not see heaven unless they turn away from that sin, seek forgiveness, and turn their lives over to Jesus.
You tell them:
You too were a sinner and would be going to hell if you hadn't turned away from the sin in your life.
You tell them:
Jesus loves them as much as He loves you and doesn't want them to perish.
You tell them:
Jesus wants to make them whole and give them peace, happiness, and an eternity of happiness in heaven with Him.
You tell them:
Jesus died for them because He loves them and His death and resurrection wipes away their sins and will keep them from being condemned if they turn to Him.

You have repeatedly implied over the life of this thread that Christians only criticize and condemn homosexuals. This is deceitful.

Question: What do you mean by "turn away from sin"? Do you mean stop sinning?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Yes,
'turning away from sin' means to stop sinning. Working to completely eliminate that sin from your life.

Brothertom, of you were to check scripture, you would see that God listed a number of sins that the people of Sodom were committing, only one of them being their homosexual activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.