Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
JackSafari said:
The simple reality is that sexuality orientation will not predict if anyone will commit a sex crime.

And as we progress forward, homosexuality will continue be accepted into the main stream of society, and those who remain entrenched in their belief that homosexuality is unacceptable, will become more and more marginalized. Historically when any false belief is slowly being rejected by society's growing awareness, those who hold onto a fading belief tent to yell louder and louder to attempt to make up for decreasing numbers of people who move on and no longer support them. Its God's great design that awareness always prevails, and ignorance is only temporary.
Yes, the road is narrow. I don't know if you realized it or not, but Revelation is not coming to a few, it's coming to all the huge majority you think God's great design and awareness is being tapped from.

Christianity tells about how the world will try to victimize and hate those who stand for righteousness. You are COMPLETELY on the wrong end of that. You need to rethink your status as a Christian. The churches you so adore for calling sin and idolatry acceptable are the churches that Hell is actively prevailing against (Matthew 16:18). I pity any church that commits sacrilege, because the world is just going to swallow them anyway. God is going to simply hand them over to their own deceptive death.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
KCKID said:
What IS the word of God?

I believe it to be ...'love your God with all your heart, mind and soul' and 'love your neighbor as yourself'. Isn't a homosexual your neighbor? If so, do you love him/her as yourself? This is not reflected in your posts, sad to say.
You seem to get more ignorant every post. You fail to grasp even the application of that verse.

If I love you, I tell you, ''you are in extreme sin'', ''you are en route to hell''.

If I know there is a huge pothole on your route home and don't tell you, do I love you? If I am driving with you, do I not try turn the wheel for you / do whatever it takes to get you to take the safe route? You will not like me for trying my best to get you to take the long and difficult route home, but you will certainly dislike me alot more if I said and did nothing. You will die in that pothole and for the rest of eternity bear a grudge against me. Is that what you want?

Now do you see why the respected Christians here really do NOT like your view?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving people information they already know is not loving them. If this were true, God would have sent a memo instead of His Son to love us to death.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
aspen2 said:
Giving people information they already know is not loving them. If this were true, God would have sent a memo instead of His Son to love us to death.
There are two types of Christians Aspen, which are you?

1. Those that watch their brothers and sisters in a pit of sin and do nothing but throw candy and sing to them. Trying to lesson God's holy expectations of us. Helping them make their home in the sin.

2. Someone who reaches their hands out and grabs their brothers out of the sin. They can jump back in after they have been grabbed out. Perhaps grab them out a few more times and discern when to leave them.

I would like my brother to put some real effort into it and grab me out, you?

You statement is ironic. I see Christians watching as the type that would send a memo.

Mjrhealth and kckid will never be in my Christian inner circle.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
aspen2 said:
Obviously, they need to be informed if the headline is beginning to read 'homoseuxality is okay'. Look at the churches propping up and the Christians trying to redefine what the natural law of any God fearing person is.

I don't even speak against homosexuals directly, I speak to those who say it is okay with God directly. Do you see any of these posts sending a memo to them, or to the deception others are sending?

Exactly.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KingJ said:
There are two types of Christians Aspen, which are you?

1. Those that watch their brothers and sisters in a pit of sin and do nothing but throw candy and sing to them. Trying to lesson God's holy expectations of us. Helping them make their home in the sin.

2. Someone who reaches their hands out and grabs their brothers out of the sin. They can jump back in after they have been grabbed out. Perhaps grab them out a few more times and discern when to leave them.

I would like my brother to put some real effort into it and grab me out, you?

You statement is ironic. I see Christians watching as the type that would send a memo.

Mjrhealth and kckid will never be in my Christian inner circle.
Dualism is a heresy, which relies on clunky, false dichotomies to force a point.

Why not just say what you mean without the dramatic language?

There are two kinds of Christians - sadistic, weakminded chumps and heros of the faith! Which are you????

Christianity is not a club that we join by asking Jesus into our heart - it is a result of the justification of God through the death of His Son (His broken Heart) due to the betrayal of His Bride. Sanctification is the continuing process of heart transformation by the Holy Spirit - eventually after practicing this sanctification, we will be transformed into the selfless lovers we were created to be before the Fall.

SilenceInMotion said:
Obviously, they need to be informed if the headline is beginning to read 'homoseuxality is okay'. Look at the churches propping up and the Christians trying to redefine what the natural law of any God fearing person is.

I don't even speak against homosexuals directly, I speak to those who say it is okay with God directly.
Really? Do you determine absolute truth based on headlines?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
SilenceInMotion said:
They all became enemies of the Jews and Rome, evangelized, and were martyred.

Meanwhile, half the world is starving and Christians are enjoying the life they think God blessed them with.

Discern the difference. You are not a saint, and God is going to make an explicit account of how Protestants try to tell people they are exemplary emulators of God. It is in itself sacrilegious.

The Church gets demonized for pretty much telling the truth that nobody wants to hear. Luther won people with his theology because it was something people wanted to hear.
But that's how the world works with just about anything anyway, so it's hardly surprising.

Sainthood is baptism by fire, it takes a lot of stones to be a saint. This is a very important and centrifugal thing in Catholcism- you're just going to be treading on any Catholic's nerves when you call yourself a saint.
You don't know anything about Christians in America suffering for Christ. You think suffering is only martyrdom? SIM, you really are an empty robe. I notice you always quote Catholicism but no scriptures. Yes, I realize the Bible treads on Catholic's nerves.

Psa_50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Romans 12:1 One's body is presented to the Lord daily as a living sacrifice which is our reasonable duty in covenant with Christ.

Psa_97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
doctrine_mongers.gif

1 Cor 5:11

This unconditional love philosophy is really just and extension of the
modern concept of self love. The basis of the self love craze is the
mistaken notion that a person has intrinsic worth. That is, just
because a person exists he is owed unconditional love by both God and
man regardless of his actions, and he above all things must
unconditionally love himself. This has to be one of the most diabolical
schemes ever hatched out of the mind of Satan. Self-love, self-worth,
and self-esteem are just forms of self-gratification. They make the
person "feel good."

This self love philosophy is openly promoted in the secular world.

To accept and love yourself unconditionally is to:
  • Place no condition on yourself as to how to behave or what to be in order to receive self acceptance and self love.
  • Not use "if - then" clauses in establishing conditions for accepting and loving yourself.
  • Take a risk to be open and vulnerable to who you are with no preset limits or expectations.
  • Accept and love yourself for the fact that you exist rather than for what you do.
  • Give yourself the respect and latitude to be yourself rather than to be what others want or expect you to be.
  • Set the stage for yourself to feel warmth, caring, and concern
    for yourself which results in your growing in self-esteem and self
    worth.
When you are the recipient of unconditional self acceptance and self love from yourself, you feel:
  • Free to be yourself.
  • You have value and worth.
  • Wanted and desired for you as you are rather than for what you do.
  • Listened to and understood.
  • That you have yourself to offer others which in itself is worthwhile.
  • Warm, cared for, and nurtured.
  • You are OK just the way you are.
  • That there is no need to wear a mask or to act in any way just to please another.
  • Free to be yourself and to open up your feelings with no fear of rejection or non-approval.
  • That it is possible to take the risk to be vulnerable in order to have open and honest relationships with others.
  • No fear of retribution or reprisal from others if you should make a mistake or experience a failure.
  • That there are no conditions set on your relationships with yourself.

Blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, anyone who continues to adhere to
these beliefs cannot be saved.

http://preservedwords.com/uncond-pv.htm

Axehead

May 9, 2012
SilenceInMotion said:
Quite frankly, I find the notion that all believers are saints is extremely arrogant and redundant. Most canonized saints are martyrs. They follow through all the way.
Quite frankly, I find the notion of transubstantiation unbelievable and the notion of a practicing pedophile priest still able to minister sacraments and the belief that God would still agree to turn wine into blood, through the pedophile, outrageously arrogant.

Is God now become an accomplice to criminal behaviour.

Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
com'mon Axehead. There is more scripture read in a Catholic Mass than many Protestant churches - and we have the opportunity to go to daily Mass. Catholics love the Bible - we are however, wary of proof-texting - perhaps you have mistaken that for our love for scripture?

Rex said:
doctrine_mongers.gif

This unconditional love philosophy is really just and extension of the
modern concept of self love. The basis of the self love craze is the
mistaken notion that a person has intrinsic worth. That is, just
because a person exists he is owed unconditional love by both God and
man regardless of his actions, and he above all things must
unconditionally love himself. This has to be one of the most diabolical
schemes ever hatched out of the mind of Satan. Self-love, self-worth,
and self-esteem are just forms of self-gratification. They make the
person "feel good."

This self love philosophy is openly promoted in the secular world.

To accept and love yourself unconditionally is to:
  • Place no condition on yourself as to how to behave or what to be in order to receive self acceptance and self love.
  • Not use "if - then" clauses in establishing conditions for accepting and loving yourself.
  • Take a risk to be open and vulnerable to who you are with no preset limits or expectations.
  • Accept and love yourself for the fact that you exist rather than for what you do.
  • Give yourself the respect and latitude to be yourself rather than to be what others want or expect you to be.
  • Set the stage for yourself to feel warmth, caring, and concern
    for yourself which results in your growing in self-esteem and self
    worth.
When you are the recipient of unconditional self acceptance and self love from yourself, you feel:
  • Free to be yourself.
  • You have value and worth.
  • Wanted and desired for you as you are rather than for what you do.
  • Listened to and understood.
  • That you have yourself to offer others which in itself is worthwhile.
  • Warm, cared for, and nurtured.
  • You are OK just the way you are.
  • That there is no need to wear a mask or to act in any way just to please another.
  • Free to be yourself and to open up your feelings with no fear of rejection or non-approval.
  • That it is possible to take the risk to be vulnerable in order to have open and honest relationships with others.
  • No fear of retribution or reprisal from others if you should make a mistake or experience a failure.
  • That there are no conditions set on your relationships with yourself.

Blah, blah, blah. Needless to say, anyone who continues to adhere to
these beliefs cannot be saved.

http://preservedwords.com/uncond-pv.htm
I do not belong to the emergent church, but I know enough about their beliefs to know that they would disagree with your assessment of their theology.

Selfless love is the race we are trying to win.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi KC,

Somehow I missed that in response to my statement of fact,

'The Light of the world is Jesus Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. That's a fact.'

you'd said, 'No. it's not. It's a belief. Very different.'

Does this mean you don't believe Jesus Christ actually exists or existed?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
I do not belong to the emergent church, but I know enough about their beliefs to know that they would disagree with your assessment of their theology.

Selfless love is the race we are trying to win.
My mistake you belong the church now known throughout the world as, the church that extends unconditional love to homosexual pedophiles -------------->> selfless love at it finest

selfless love? did you just coin a new phrase for yourself?

doctrine_mongers.gif

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Protestants are bissfully unaware that a lot of their notions are simply consequential of the heresy in the first place. In order to not have an authoritative church, you have to call everyone saints. In order to have osas, you have to believe that the unbeliever joins the wicked in Hell.

Luther wasn't even against Purgatory, but Protestants today are. Lutheranism is semi-catholic in many ways, but Protestants today are completely anti-catholic. Heresy gave birth to heresy, and yet Protestants claim remaining 3/4 of Christianity is wrong and has been wrong for the 1500 years Protestantism didn't even exist.

As aspen2 said, catholics, whether Roman, Oriental, or Anglo, are wary of proof-texting, and that is what Protestants pretty much do all the time. Christianity sits on a three legged stool: scripture, bishopric teaching, and tradition. These things are very biblical, as they are all put forth by the same Spirit.

Protestants pretty much snarl at catholics for not rejecting what is proper and true, but faith in traditional churces is much more adequate then faith in a single GERMAN MONK IN THE 16TH CENTURY WHICH 95% OF PROTESTANT CHURCHES DON'T EVEN FOLLOW.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
aspen2 said:
com'mon Axehead. There is more scripture read in a Catholic Mass than many Protestant churches - and we have the opportunity to go to daily Mass. Catholics love the Bible - we are however, wary of proof-texting - perhaps you have mistaken that for our love for scripture?
It really has nothing to do with how much is read, does it Aspen?

We are to "Be doers and not just hearers only, deceiving ourselves."

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Axehead said:
It really has nothing to do with how much is read, does it Aspen?

We are to "Be doers and not just hearers only, deceiving ourselves."
Funny you would make that distinction after you criticised a Catholic member for not including enough scripture in his posts - now you bring up application of scripture? Are you really suggesting that noncatholic believers are better at apply scripture to their daily lives than catholic Christians?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
aspen2 said:
Funny you would make that distinction after you criticised a Catholic member for not including enough scripture in his posts - now you bring up application of scripture? Are you really suggesting that noncatholic believers are better at apply scripture to their daily lives than catholic Christians?
Applying scripture is an individual thing, that is for sure. Jesus does not have relationships with religious organizations, only the members of His Body, the Church.

Religious organizations such as yours and many Protestant organizations are guilty of twisty the word beyond recognition.

Does that help?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Axehead said:
Applying scripture is an individual thing, that is for sure. Jesus does not have relationships with religious organizations, only the members of His Body, the Church.

Religious organizations such as yours and many Protestant organizations are guilty of twisty the word beyond recognition.

Does that help?
Well, it is more accurate description of what you believe. I think you must deny much of Christian history to hold such beliefs, but to each their own.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
Are you really suggesting that noncatholic believers are better at apply scripture to their daily lives than catholic Christians?
Not to sure about every member but the leaders have exorcised a complete disregard for scripture when it comes to extending "UNCONDITIONAL love" to it's clergy.
In fact the current condition of your church would benift from this very topic, that homosexuality is not a sin, they already practice it.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
SilenceInMotion said:
Protestants are bissfully unaware that a lot of their notions are simply consequential of the heresy in the first place. In order to not have an authoritative church, you have to call everyone saints. In order to have osas, you have to believe that the unbeliever joins the wicked in Hell.

Luther wasn't even against Purgatory, but Protestants today are. Lutheranism is semi-catholic in many ways, but Protestants today are completely anti-catholic. Heresy gave birth to heresy, and yet Protestants claim remaining 3/4 of Christianity is wrong and has been wrong for the 1500 years Protestantism didn't even exist.

As aspen2 said, catholics, whether Roman, Oriental, or Anglo, are wary of proof-texting, and that is what Protestants pretty much do all the time. Christianity sits on a three legged stool: scripture, bishopric teaching, and tradition. These things are very biblical, as they are all put forth by the same Spirit.

Protestants pretty much snarl at catholics for not rejecting what is proper and true, but faith in traditional churces is much more adequate then faith in a single GERMAN MONK IN THE 16TH CENTURY WHICH 95% OF PROTESTANT CHURCHES DON'T EVEN FOLLOW.
SIM, when you compare many denominations today with the early church there is a wide disparity, that is true. The Roman Catholic Church has one of the widest disparities on par if not exceeding Mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses and other Christian cults.

aspen2 said:
Well, it is more accurate description of what you believe. I think you must deny much of Christian history to hold such beliefs, but to each their own.
dragonfly did a good job of describing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.