Homosexuals are twice as likely to get cancer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The UK Parliamentary Enquiry and USA Institute of Medicine state that lesbians may be at a higher risk of breast cancer but there is insufficient information"
We already covered that. It was someone's opinion that there was insufficient information. But the facts appear different. And the motivation for going against the factual information of the studies appears to be to promote GBLT agenda. Clearly bias. Please review the report again:

"Four risk modelling studies were found, one Rosner-Colditz and three Gail models. Three suggested higher and one lower rate in LB compared to heterosexual women. Six risk-factor estimates suggested higher risk and one no difference between LB and heterosexual women." Breast cancer in lesbians and bisexual women: systematic review of incidence, prevalence and risk studies

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is always amusing when a person of faith uses science to justify their faith, whereas if they relied purely on science they would not have faith, but just knowledge.
As we know from the study of causation (Hume), many factors could come into play here. The fact that someone performs a particular act is not in and of itself evidence of anything. Diet, smoking, alcohol consumption, their working environment and many other factors could come into play here and are not just covered by convenient headlines that are used to justify ones beliefs.
So you deny science over religion? It's always interesting when someone denies reality that is proven to be true.

Reactions: Lambano

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you deny science over religion? It's always interesting when someone denies reality that is proven to be true.

"science" is man-made and therefore flawed. the 66 Books of the Holy Bible are the Inspired, Infallible Word of Almighty God, and therefore PERECT and FLAWLESS!

When the Bible says that God Created the entire universe from nothing, and used 6 literal Days, it is 100% TRUE

so called "science" does not accept this TRUTH, and instead teaches the LIES from the devil!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"science" is man-made and therefore flawed. the 66 Books of the Holy Bible are the Inspired, Infallible Word of Almighty God, and therefore PERECT and FLAWLESS!

When the Bible says that God Created the entire universe from nothing, and used 6 literal Days, it is 100% TRUE

so called "science" does not accept this TRUTH, and instead teaches the LIES from the devil!
I don't deny the bible, but I do deny some people ideas about what it means.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible says that homosexuality, and "trans", are EVIL and SINFUL. Do you agree with the Bible on this, or "science"?

Is Creation True, or do you think that "Evolution" is? It is one or the other
Homosexuality is not science. It's not the biologic intention of the species. Male and females reproduce.

There have been scientific reports that support creation and the flood as the cause of dinosaurs extinction. So no I don't have to deny science and the truth.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you don't accept the Bible's Account, until "science" says so?

this makes man greater than Almighty God!
I think some people deny truth some of which is written in science. And denying the truth is denying God. We know that from scriptures. Do you deny the God of truth?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think some people deny truth some of which is written in science. And denying the truth is denying God. We know that from scriptures. Do you deny the God of truth?

"science" is man-made, and not from the Holy Bible. You are assuming that the "truth" that is taught in "science" is God-given, but this is not the case. What we have in the Written Word of God, is the only Revelation that we have from God Himself. Don't put too much faith in man-made stuff, which mostly denies the Teaching of the Bible

Reactions: Jack

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"science" is man-made, and not from the Holy Bible. You are assuming that the "truth" that is taught in "science" is God-given, but this is not the case. What we have in the Written Word of God, is the only Revelation that we have from God Himself. Don't put too much faith in man-made stuff, which mostly denies the Teaching of the Bible
Physics is God made. He created the Universe.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that biology is God made also, he created man. So medicine is also God made and inspired, just like physics. I'm a child of the truth which is from God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that biology is God made also, he created man. So medicine is also God made and inspired, just like physics. I'm a child of the truth which is from God.
Then why have many died BECAUSE they trusted doctors?

Marty Makary:
“U.S. surgeons operate on the wrong body part as often as 40 times a week.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Marty Makary:
“U.S. surgeons operate on the wrong body part as often as 40 times a week.”

Not everyone is gifted. What you are looking at is statistics. How many peoples lives are saved by doctors which receive their knowledge from God? Countless billions.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

looks like you have complete swallowed the rubbish that so called science and medicine spout!

The KJV's reading of 1 Timothy 6:20 is very much correct:

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called"

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
looks like you have complete swallowed the rubbish that so called science and medicine spout!

The KJV's reading of 1 Timothy 6:20 is very much correct:

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of
Yes that mentions the science of the year 30 AD. And just what are you imaging their science was back then, was it truthful.

It always makes me laugh when people deny the truth of physics and biology and then go to the doctors when I life threatening problem comes up or browse the internet on technology afforded them by science. You are serious right?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is gifted. What you are looking at is statistics. How many peoples lives are saved by doctors which receive their knowledge from God? Countless billions.
Billions? lol

“Years after completing my medical training, I encountered one of my favorite public health professors, Harvard surgeon Dr. Lucian Leape. at a national surgeons' conference. He opened the gathering's keynote speech by looking out over the audience of thousands and asking the doctors to 'raise your hand if you know of a physician you work with who should not be practicing because he or she is dangerous.'

Every hand went up.”
― Marty Makary,

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because doctors are fallible.

I had to double check the title of this thread. Science is merely an application of epistemology, that branch of philosophy dealing with knowledge. A basic tool of epistemology is logic, the art of the non-contradictory identification of truth.

Whether we are talking about scientific truth or moral truth, people can know the truth but still fail to act on it. This is why Paul said he does the evil he does not want to do.

Getting back to the evil of homosexuality; we know it is morally evil. We know the health statistics of practicing homosexuals is worse than the general population. Regarding cancer, be that ratio 2.0 or 1.8 times worse, we can approach a better understanding using science to quantity bad. Someone pointed out that 90% of those infected with HIV come from Africa. Their behavior is bad. How bad is secondary. We don't praise someone who only murdered 1 person rather than many. For crying out loud!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Billions? lol

“Years after completing my medical training, I encountered one of my favorite public health professors, Harvard surgeon Dr. Lucian Leape. at a national surgeons' conference. He opened the gathering's keynote speech by looking out over the audience of thousands and asking the doctors to 'raise your hand if you know of a physician you work with who should not be practicing because he or she is dangerous.'

Every hand went up.”
― Marty Makary,
We're getting a little off topic. I see that you are trying to discredit medicine altogether to support some false belief that homosexual aren't twice as likely to get cancer. It's just not true and I have posted the truth. Do you have anything of value that can counter the OP? Didn't think so.

Reactions: Wrangler