Hope!! Do you have Hope? Hope in What?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
If the Bible (any version or translation or language) is a written form of the Word of God it then insofar as it is accurate is a compilation of what Jesus is. Jesus is the entire Word of God. From the point of view which Solomon was inspired to write the Book of Ecclesiastes, it does show the lack of hope of any man when he is alone in himself only. That is still true today for anyone who does not know the Truth which again is Jesus. God's Word has a purpose. In Ecclesiastes we may be shown how absolutely and utterly vain the thing is which we commonly call life when there is no known hope.

Yes, we that know Him have a real Hope, but even Solomon in all of his wisdom failed to recognize that Hope as opposed to others in the Old Testament (such as Job, David, Daniel and Isaiah) who did. [Remember that in the end Solomon for all of his wisdom fell by the wayside.] But...God made the apparent lack of hope a part of the ways of man. It was part of what God allowed for those who would not or could not love the Truth. Of course, it does and cannot compare favorably with Hope of those who do love the Truth. For what do we now Hope?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Book of Ecclesiastes God allows man to give his ideas and opinions===
Ecclesiastes 1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
As Peter says the LIVING (lively) hope of every Christian is rooted in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the hope of eternal life with God, even though those who have been saved by grace have already received the gift of eternal life. But they have not been set free from this world as yet. Christians are in the world but not of it, therefore they must expect the world's enmity (as did Christ and the apostles).

Yet Paul tells us that even through every difficulty, we cannot be separated from the love of God which is IN CHRIST JESUS our Lord. Therefore while we are on earth we have job to do, and fulfill God's command to preach the Gospel to every creature and make disciples of all nations.

Reactions: Philip James

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:3-5 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ³ And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; ⁴ And patience, experience; and experience, hope: ⁵ And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Book of Ecclesiastes God allows man to give his ideas and opinions===
Ecclesiastes 1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
No inspiration given to the writer, Solomon, by God?

"And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like." II Chron 1:11-12

What was it Jesus said about Solomon?

"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon;... Matt 12:42

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!! understand Ecclesiastes 1:1 ((is the words of Soloman))The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. If you read and understand you will see that God is allowing Soloman to record his words!!==Ecclesiastes 1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!! understand Ecclesiastes 1:1 ((is the words of Soloman))The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. If you read and understand you will see that God is allowing Soloman to record his words!!==Ecclesiastes 1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
Soloman records many of his ideas and opinions that God would not agree with!===Read "ALL" OF the book and understand.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the Bible (any version or translation or language) is a written form of the Word of God it then insofar as it is accurate is a compilation of what Jesus is. Jesus is the entire Word of God. From the point of view which Solomon was inspired to write the Book of Ecclesiastes, it does show the lack of hope of any man when he is alone in himself only. That is still true today for anyone who does not know the Truth which again is Jesus. God's Word has a purpose. In Ecclesiastes we may be shown how absolutely and utterly vain the thing is which we commonly call life when there is no known hope.

Yes, we that know Him have a real Hope, but even Solomon in all of his wisdom failed to recognize that Hope as opposed to others in the Old Testament (such as Job, David, Daniel and Isaiah) who did. [Remember that in the end Solomon for all of his wisdom fell by the wayside.] But...God made the apparent lack of hope a part of the ways of man. It was part of what God allowed for those who would not or could not love the Truth. Of course, it does and cannot compare favorably with Hope of those who do love the Truth. For what do we now Hope?

I say to you, something greater than the temple is here

Happy Easter brother,

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soloman records many of his ideas and opinions that God would not agree with!===Read "ALL" OF the book and understand.
The whole plan is God's.

Included in that plan are the ways carnal men choose to walk and do walk when they choose mammon rather than God. God allowed the choice for men from the beginning with the single thing forbidden to Adam and Eve. God inspired men, including Solomon, to set down as the Spirit led them to write all of His plan for us to understand if we could or would. Only by the same Holy Spirit which led those men, including Solomon, may any man understand God's message and God's plan as it is written in the scriptures.

Yes, read ALL of the Book and let it be opened to us by the Holy Spirit in us!

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and His sacraments as the means golf grace, life more abundantly Jn 10:10

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and His sacraments as the means golf grace, life more abundantly Jn 10:10
The church was founded by Christ on the truth that Jesus is a believer's Lord and Savior not on any little man!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church was founded by Christ on the truth that Jesus is a believer's Lord and Savior not on any little man!

explain scripture then?
Matt 16:18

I give thee the keys
Who’s the “thee” refer to?

whatsoever you bind on earth
Who’s the “you” refer to?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t say peters confession cause you can’t give authority (keys) and power (binding) to a confession

Reactions: Philip James

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain scripture then?
Matt 16:18

I give thee the keys
Who’s the “thee” refer to?

whatsoever you bind on earth
Who’s the “you” refer to?

This truth given to us ""is"" the rock Jesus's church is built on=not on any little man. ===Matthew 16:16
Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.=== ""the rock od truth!""

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.==This truth given to us ""is"" the rock Jesus's church is built on=not on any little man.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This truth given to us ""is"" the rock Jesus's church is built on=not on any little man. ===Matthew 16:16
Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.=== ""the rock od truth!""

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.==This truth given to us ""is"" the rock Jesus's church is built on=not on any little man.

why is peter mentioned then?
Jesus give the keys (authority) and power (bind) to himself?
You can’t give authority and power to a confession
Jn 21:17

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope!! Do you have Hope? Hope in What?
Our hope is the adoption to sonship and the redemption of our bodies....

...the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:22-25