How God is the Son's God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Unbelievers have demanded to know how the Son is God, and yet God is the Son's God.

First off, if the Son having My God and My Father, means the Son is not God, then God and the Father having my Son means God and the Father is also not God. And so there is no God if the Son is not God having His God and Father.

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Not honoring the Son as God the Father, is not honoring the Father as God.

We also have the source for how God became the God of the Son in Heb 1:

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

When the Word was conceived in Mary's womb by the Spirit, the Father declared He will be His Father, and He shall be His Son.

We also see the time when Jesus first knew this as a child, that He was the Word made flesh and made the Son of God in the flesh. When the Father told Him so on earth.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Now we see where The Son is called God by God, that His throne is now established for ever. Why? Because He proved to God, that He loved righteousness and hated iniquity with all the heart, so as from a child He did no sin and always pleased His Father.

This is when God baptized the Son with His own Spirit, and God first declared Himself to be His God. Just as in marriage they became one on earth. A man and God became one in marriage, and the church of God began on earth with the Head Jesus Christ.

As in John 17, they were made one on earth with each being in the other, with each pleasing the other (). They were made equal by each pleased to do the good will of the other, even as a man and woman in marriage without sin.

God was made the Son's God on earth by the Son always doing those things which pleased the Father, and the Spirit always doing the will of the Son on earth. As Jesus said, He did all things by the Spirit, and the Spirit did all things according to the will of the Son. As it was in the beginning of creation, so it was

My God and Father and my Son are the same. Neither is unequal in the Godhead, even as in marriage with my husband and my wife.

After His resurrection He began to build His church with many sons and brethren, who repent and also are declared to be the sons of God with each being personally assured, even as the Son and child Jesus, Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Reactions: Jack