How a Near Death Accident Changed My Priorities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GROWinVIRTUE

Feb 19, 2015
In 2010 I was involved in a very bad car accident. One that came close to taking my life. It forever changed my way of thinking, and my priorities going forward.
Article Excerpt:

It’s always hard for me to explain, but it’s as if God allowed (even willed) the accident, so I could finally see my distorted view of what I perceived as normal, so God could create a new normal for me....
since my accident (over several years mind you), I have started to concretely realize certain things, all from God:

1. Most of the small problems that we deal with in life, aren’t important at all
2. Our time on earth is short and we should try our best to live it for God, not ourselves.
3. We need to focus on living in the present, and to let go of the past, and stop worrying about the future

Gaining Perspective from a Near Death Accident
http://www.growinvirtue.com/gaining-perspective/

I would love to read any stories from fellow readers who have had experiences that brought them closer to God.
God bless,
Alan

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Grow in Virtue said:
In 2010 I was involved in a very bad car accident. One that came close to taking my life. It forever changed my way of thinking, and my priorities going forward.
Article Excerpt:

It’s always hard for me to explain, but it’s as if God allowed (even willed) the accident, so I could finally see my distorted view of what I perceived as normal, so God could create a new normal for me....
since my accident (over several years mind you), I have started to concretely realize certain things, all from God:

1. Most of the small problems that we deal with in life, aren’t important at all
2. Our time on earth is short and we should try our best to live it for God, not ourselves.
3. We need to focus on living in the present, and to let go of the past, and stop worrying about the future

Gaining Perspective from a Near Death Accident
http://www.growinvirtue.com/gaining-perspective/

I would love to read any stories from fellow readers who have had experiences that brought them closer to God.
God bless,
Alan
When I was 18, the deli store I worked at got robbed. It was close to Christmas, I was working with four other women that night. Two men with ski masks came in with shotguns. One of them told me to open the register, so I did. They unplugged the phone, stole some cigs and money and left. Longest 3 minutes of my life.

When I was 23 I was roommates with my brother in this small apartment. We were good friends with the neighbors downstairs. One of the neighbor's friends was having issues with his parents, so he moved in to our neighbors place. The neighbors eventually kicked him out so my brother asked him if he wanted to stay with us until things got better. My brother slept on the couch in those days so the kid (19 years old) slept in my brothers room. Things were ok I guess for a little while. Then about a month later the kid commits suicide in the bedroom. Oddly enough, I wasn't sleeping at the apartment that night, but my brother was. The next morning he walked in on the body. Needless to say, I found God one year later. The suicide pretty much knocked me off my high horse. I fell into clinical depression, but ended up in the arms of Jesus. - ATP

GROWinVIRTUE

Feb 19, 2015
Wow, that's terrible. It's interesting though how God can take tragedy to bring us closer to Him. I hope your brother recovered from the trauma of that too. And of course, prayers for the soul of the boy who died.

Thanks for sharing your story!

God bless,
Alan

arold10

Jun 4, 2011
Homestead, Fl
What a tragedy! this clearly shows that there are certain experiences that you have in your life, it can put you into a situation in which you come to the realization that you need God.