How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit given, breath is given.
How does it not speak of idols without breath? I’m not saying it is an idol, I’m saying is the warning of not building an idol, a warning to not build up that which is without breath. How does it not help with where He warns about edification of His body. What is built up on the foundation of Christ. Again, I am not suggesting that passage is about an idol. But hopeful instead of something made without mens hands but build up of God? Worthy to be looked at in comparison to what can’t walk, hear, see, taste and smell…to what has Life.
If we want to learn of that “made without hands”
Is it wrong to learn of that “made with mens hands”…?…To see the stark difference? How can one be seen “made without hands” never acknowledging the other “made with the works of mens hands”?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit given, breath is given.
How does it not speak of idols without breath? I’m not saying it is an idol, I’m saying is the warning of not building an idol, a warning to not build up that which is without breath. How does it not help with where He warns about edification of His body. What is built up on the foundation of Christ. Again, I am not suggesting that passage is about an idol. But hopeful instead of something made without mens hands but build up of God? Worthy to be look at in comparison to what can’t walk, hear, eye, taste and smell…to what has Life.
I am sorry, I am just not seeing the connection

Paul is talking about the body of christ. All members of the body are one body. We are baptized into that Body by God himself.

He is saying that if we take one part of the body away, the body can not work to its full potential.. God has given each of us spiritual gifts. Each gift being used to make the body complete.

The gentiles replaced God by making their own Gods (idols)

the jews cheated on God by participating in these idols

in context today, anything that we place above the importance of God is an Idol. Even Gods people can have idols that endanger them.

God builds the church.. I don;t build a church, A prophet does nto build a church, the pope or a priest does Not build a church.

We are to get out of Gods way and let God do what he is doing.. and allow him to use us as part of that body of Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another ugly and shameful post from you.

So you say @Behold is your Lord???? It is the false modern religionists who use Jesus in this way.

You are looking for a permanent sacrifice for your sins rather than go to God and enter INTO Christ. So then you want only to saved from the penalty for sin...you have no interest in being saved FROM your sins. So you see Jesus as your whipping boy. You keep sinning....and He keeps taking the cost on Himself...

And you think that's right???

what a disgrace from the pit of hell... is right! You abuse grace. And you have to read what that gives you in Hebrews
You verbally abused/ blasphemed Jesus . I would never say such a disgraceful thing about my Savior

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we want to learn of that “made without hands”
Is it wrong to learn of that “made with mens hands”…?…To see the stark difference? How can one be seen “made without hands” never acknowledging the other “made with the works of mens hands”?
anything not made with hands is anythign spiritually made

the church is made without hands

a person who is born again is made without hands

Our salvation is made without hands

Our spiritually circumcision or baptism is made without hands

Religion is when we get into this man made practice of doing things in order to try to appease a God.. It says look at me and All I do. You must love me God because I am so special because i work hard for you every day to do your will

that was the problem with the jews.. and we have seen this same problem infiltrate the church for centuries.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You verbally abused/ blasphemed Jesus . I would never say such a disgraceful thing about my Savior
If you were honest you would admit it...but since your entire premise is based on a lie...you can use Jesus the way you want, say great lies concerning Him...then wipe your mouth and say...I have done nothing wrong.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were honest you would admit it...but since your entire premise is based on a lie...you can use Jesus the way you want, say great lies concerning Him...then wipe your mouth and say...I have done nothing wrong.
Lol

take your own medicine my friend.. Once again, you do the very thing you attack others of doing..

why don’t you stick to the word. And stop tryign to tell people what they are doing. Because you wrong every time you try to tell someone what they are doing..

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree he is a monster.

A cultist of Mormonism & Joseph Smith. A pedophile, a sexually perverted charismatic manipulator, hungry for power who abused many women,& children for greed & power under the guise of God & love!

Denominations
are man made. Those whom truly follow Christ by living in the commands of God's words are in many denoms but so is the devil & he is ALL ABOUT FALLEN MAN & SIN.

Do not be your denomination, any but rather follow God by living in his word .Identify yourself with the
Father and you'll NOT be deceived by the father of lies.
A challenge for you here is you're interested: judge not a person by the label on the pew, especially labels put there by other people. Instead, look at each person individually and listen to their love of Christ. Jesus Christ is my Savior, my King, the center of my world. I love Him with every fiber of my being and strive to follow Him each day.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol

take your own medicine my friend.. Once again, you do the very thing you attack others of doing..

why don’t you stick to the word. And stop tryign to tell people what they are doing. Because you wrong every time you try to tell someone what they are doing..
I wasn't talking to you. But maybe you feel I was? Maybe what I said to one crow fits with another?

I have to get my hands dirty when dealing with the filthy. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Because you are all operating in your outer man...this mud slinging comes natural to you. But I operate from my inner man. So I have to be strong in the Lord and the truth to confront such a carnal rebelliousness. If I didn't have the stomach for it then I couldn't talk to any of you. In normal life you would not last one night at a proper fellowship. You would hate the honesty required.

Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, you are always looking for flesh comfort.
John, you are always wrong here. That's nonsense, don't you know that yet?

I realize you prop yourself up by putting others down, but there is no need, don't you know that I have my thoughts concerning you, and these things won't change that? Do you not realize that you reinforce this impressions with all of your misguided posts?

The same goes for those who claim to be born again...but are just religiously deluded posturers.

Claim what you like. I know my Creator, and that is beyond your touch.

I seriously wonder sometimes if your just playing some game. sometimes I do not see how you can be serious..

We see what we see . . . do we not?

I warn people now...I resist the outer man...I take the vitriol to redirect...to protect... the weak inner man of those who would actually grow in Christ.

Your claims for yourself do not exempt you from God's truth. If your best response is more disparagement as I reprove you for that very thing, be it on your head. If you are spiritual, you will recognize these truths.

Much love!

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, I am just not seeing the connection
You don’t see a connection between “made with the works of men’s hands” and “made without hands”?

You see no connection between “idols” “the works of men’s hands” that can’t save
And God “made without men’s hands”
that can save?

To talk of what is cast into the fire to be burned up and destroyed…and what is not destroyed. How is there no connection between what is to be burned and destroyed …and that which remains? How can any talk about the warning of what is destroyed and burned …not even acknowledging what can’t hear, can’t see, can’t taste, can’t walk, can’t smell??? When that is very message being screamed of you better heed (hear, see, taste, smell, see) the warnings of what goes in the fire?

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A challenge for you here is you're interested: judge not a person by the label on the pew, especially labels put there by other people. Instead, look at each person individually and listen to their love of Christ. Jesus Christ is my Savior, my King, the center of my world. I love Him with every fiber of my being and strive to follow Him each day.
I hear you sister. We are to look at the heart...as God does. Only religious bigots write people off for a lack of accuracy in one's beliefs. We will not be judged by our beliefs but against them. If we believe we are just as righteous as God...as some do here... then we will have to measure up EXACTLY to God...or else we will be condemned as imposters.

It's all about how we judge others...and what we claim for ourselves.

On this thread many here go easy on themselves...justify themselves ...and go hard on others...condemn others. That's exactly opposite to what the righteous do.

I'm surprised at your tenacity and courage to remain in a place where so much religious hatred has taken root.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I do think that ego de crispo struggles with wrong attractions.
For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

1 John 4:20-21 KJV
20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21) And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Projecting again - pot calling kettle

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you say @Behold is your Lord????

Would a genuine born again believer refer to Jesus The Christ as a "whipping boy"?

= You did.

And you stated that God's Grace is "Free stuff"

"stuff", as if God's Holy Grace, which is the Cross of Christ..... .. You compared it to "free stuff".... like costume jewelry given out at a carnival.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't talking to you. But maybe you feel I was? Maybe what I said to one crow fits with another?

I have to get my hands dirty when dealing with the filthy. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Because you are all operating in your outer man...this mud slinging comes natural to you. But I operate from my inner man. So I have to be strong in the Lord and the truth to confront such a carnal rebelliousness. If I didn't have the stomach for it then I couldn't talk to any of you. In normal life you would not last one night at a proper fellowship. You would hate the honesty required.
Your inner man is dead it has not been born again it is still dead in sin

So it makes sense why you do not comprehend things the way you should

Status
Not open for further replies.