How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so he points to Christ and you call him Ego

Any hypocrite can sin and then point to Christ. Even the mafia does that.
You point to self and we should call you what?

I point to Christ...the real Christ. But I don't use His name in vain as the virtue-signallers do here. I'm more careful.
I seriously wonder sometimes if your just playing some game. sometimes I do not see how you can be serious..
With the serious I am serious. With the silly..I play silly. But nobody seems to have any sense of humour here. It's hard to laugh at yourself when you take your ego so seriously.

I have many different approaches...depends on the situation. I have a tool kit with many tools.

I don't just use a hammer as some here. ...although at times a hammer is needed.

Reactions: faithfulness

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I point to Christ...the real Christ. But I don't use His name in vain as the virtue-signallers do here. I'm more careful.

With the serious I am serious. With the silly..I play silly. But nobody seems to have any sense of humour here. It's hard to laugh at yourself when you take your ego so seriously.

I have many different approaches...depends on the situation. I have a tool kit with many tools.

I don't just use a hammer as some here. ...although at times a hammer is needed.
You in no way point to Christ . you point to what the all inclusive social gospel thinks is Christ .
But any christ , any jesus , that omits the dire need to believe on him , It aint JESUS and it aint no Christ .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you talking about the parts of the body, with Christ as the head?

Like here?

1 Corinthians 12:15
If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body?

I just want to make sure I understand..
Yes.
1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:17-25 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? [18] But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. [19] And if they were all one member, where were the body? [20] But now are they many members, yet but one body. [21] And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. [22] Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: [23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. [24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: [25] That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

Is it odd or accidental that in describing their idols made like unto themselves…He says they can’t hear, can’t see, can’t speak, can’t taste, can’t smell? They (idols) have hands but do not touch? There being no breath in what is made or worshipped with mens hands? “ neither wood, hay, or stubble or silver, gold and stone”…but the warning to be careful what is built? Don’t build an idol that has no breath?

Don’t build up an idol that has no breath
A warning for the body.
To me though the warning of no breath is being without His Spirit, void, empty…religion that is vain…cutting of any needful parts said to lack and have need in return being void of the Spirit of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so he points to Christ and you call him Ego

You point to self and we should call you what?

I seriously wonder sometimes if your just playing some game. sometimes I do not see how you can be serious..
I have long warned against sin . Epi is not truth telling at all . he just despises my message of BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST .
That is what this is all about . I have long quoated paul about who we serve is WHOSE we are .
And that in Christ we have the power to walk as we ought .
He is trying to teach the power of CHRIST without having to BELIEVE IN CHRIST . That aint gonna work .
That is nothing more than vainity . He preaches a power that leads to man and his own ability to overcome .
I POINT to CHRIST JESUS , who by faith in HIM we do overcome . He is like a man
who puts the horse in the cart , takes the wheels of the cart , then tries to pull the horse and the cart . It wont work .
GOTTA let the horse do the pulling . our strenght does not come from us , IT COMES FROM GOD , IN CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More self-righteous virtue-signalling. Always drawing attention to yourself . I call you Ego de Crispo.
You point to self not Jesus . Hence a self appointed prophet not one appointed by Christ and His church as an overseer, elder , shepherd , episkopos in the Greek. No evidence in your posts with the Godly virtue of humility but one filled with pride , ego , arrogance and refuses correction. That is the exact opposite of the true man of God that He has called into ministry to shepherd the flock .
Next

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since EVERYONE sins. Then who is the hypocrite?
No. You point to self. You can;t even walk in the spirit or be sinless. Yet you claim you are saved from the power of sin.. it’s all about you.
No one takes their ego more seriously than you from what I have seen

i still think you may be just be a game player. You can;t mean half of what you say

Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you point to what the all inclusive social gospel thinks is Christ .
Here we see an obsession with an "all inclusive" social gospel. I'll humour the ego behind this...for now.

When I hear a statement like that I hear the modern Protestant churches that affirm gay marriage. (It's funny we don't see that in the Catholic church, just Protestant)

When I hear "all inclusive" I hear the Protestant churches lowering the standard to allow the most base carnal people called "born again" based on reciting a creed...lip-service. Their lips speak great things (lots of slogans) but their hearts are far from God.

A social gospel on the other hand is one that is catholic...but not all inclusive. That gospel is about social reform...human rights...getting people out of poverty....etc

So then I can't imagine there is any truth whatsoever that I preach any of these things. But I do think that ego de crispo struggles with wrong attractions. Why else would he need to virtue-signal and project that on me???

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. You point to self. You can;t even walk in the spirit or be sinless. Yet you claim you are saved from the power of sin.. it’s all about you.

i still think you may be just be a game player. You can;t mean half of what you say
Blasphemy just yesterday calling our Lord a “ whipping boy” .

What disgrace from the pits of hell.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:17-25 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? [18] But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. [19] And if they were all one member, where were the body? [20] But now are they many members, yet but one body. [21] And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. [22] Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: [23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. [24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: [25] That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

Is it odd or accidental that in describing their idols made like unto themselves…He says they can’t hear, can’t see, can’t speak, can’t taste, can’t smell? They (idols) have hands but do not touch? There being no breath in what is made or worshipped with mens hands? “ neither wood, hay, or stubble or silver, gold and stone”…but the warning to be careful what is built? Don’t build an idol that has no breath?

Don’t build up an idol that has no breath
A warning for the body.
To me though the warning of no breath is being without His Spirit, cutting of any needful parts we say lack.
That passage is about the body of Christ. Each member being fitted as one body. No one is more important than the other. The janitor is just as important as the pastor. Of course. Christ is the head.

its not talking about a physical body a person or idols..

Thats why I asked

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we see an obsession with an "all inclusive" social gospel. I'll humour the ego behind this...for now.

When I hear a statement like that I hear the modern Protestant churches that affirm gay marriage. (It's funny we don't see that in the Catholic church, just Protestant)

When I hear "all inclusive" I hear the Protestant churches lowering the standard to allow the most base carnal people caled "born again" based on reciting a creed...lip-service. Their lips speak great things but their hearts are far from God.

A social gospel is one that is catholic...but not all inclusive. That gospel is about social reform...human rights...getting people out of poverty....etc

So then I can't imagine there is any truth whatsoever that I preach any of these things. But I do think that ego de crispo struggles with wrong attractions. Why else would he need to virtue-signal and project that on me???
So you are a papist defending the pope. Nice to know .

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi I'm an actual member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here, nicknamed "Mormon".
Warren Jeffs is NOT a member of my church. He's a satanic monster. The end. Christ's church does not permit abuse or so many of the horrendous crimes Jeffs goes with. It's not an "infraction", rather a sin so grievous to you being completely dead to sin, excommunicated, and your baptism being literally voided.
I totally agree he is a monster.

A cultist of Mormonism & Joseph Smith. A pedophile, a sexually perverted charismatic manipulator, hungry for power who abused many women,& children for greed & power under the guise of God & love!

Denominations
are man made. Those whom truly follow Christ by living in the commands of God's words are in many denoms but so is the devil & he is ALL ABOUT FALLEN MAN & SIN.

Do not be your denomination, any but rather follow God by living in his word .Identify yourself with the
Father and you'll NOT be deceived by the father of lies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh He believes it . i have talked with folks in person who believe as he does . THEY believe it .
A lie of course .
But let us remember something .
What did paul warn about . GOD would send a strong delusion , to those who rejected the LOVE of the truth
which could have saved them . they will believe a lie and will be damned .
God has given nations over before to all out reprobation to then judge and destroy them .
Romans one would be a real good read right about now . cause i seem to see something like this
hitting the world on a global scale . men with men , women with women , all out reprobations of minds
and all increasing with only more hatred against the TRUTH and those who preach it .
Epi , his gospel wont save this world , Its gonna damn all who went under it .
The gospel of JESUS is what saves , and that always begins with BELIEVE YE IN HIM

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I hear "all inclusive" I hear the Protestant churches lowering the standard to allow the most base carnal people called "born again" based on reciting a creed...lip-service. Their lips speak great things (lots of slogans) but their hearts are far from God.

A social gospel on the other hand is one that is catholic...but not all inclusive. That gospel is about social reform...human rights...getting people out of poverty....etc

Ps , a lot of protestants have already swallowed that pill of the delusion of the all inclusion . The one which POPE francis now leads in .
You swallowed it too . perhaps not with the gay agenda , but you sure have with the religoins no longer having to believe in JESUS
agenda . YOU are as lost as the protestants who even accept gay marraige are . You just dont realize it .
Sure you might have problems with some of the agenda , BUT NOT with the main part of it . YOU SUPPORT the main belief
that all religoins and peoples can find their way to GOD , without having to BELIEVE IN CHRIST . You as guilty as those you accuse .
Leave the protestant realm to true lambs to correct . You aint helping anyone with the lie you bring .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage is about the body of Christ. Each member being fitted as one body. No one is more important than the other. The janitor is just as important as the pastor. Of course. Christ is the head.

its not talking about a physical body a person or idols..

Thats why I asked
The Spirit given, breath is given.
How does it not speak of idols without breath? I’m not saying it is an idol, I’m saying is the warning of not building an idol, a warning to not build up that which is without breath. How does it not help with where He warns about edification of His body. What is built up on the foundation of Christ. Again, I am not suggesting that passage is about an idol. But hopeful instead of something made without mens hands but build up of God? Worthy to be looked at in comparison to what can’t walk, hear, see, taste and smell…to what has Life.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blasphemy just yesterday calling our Lord a “ whipping boy” .

What disgrace from the pits of hell.

Another ugly and shameful post from you.

So you say @Behold is your Lord???? It is the false modern religionists who use Jesus in this way.

You are looking for a permanent sacrifice for your sins rather than go to God and enter INTO Christ. So then you want only to saved from the penalty for sin...you have no interest in being saved FROM your sins. So you see Jesus as your whipping boy. You keep sinning....and He keeps taking the cost on Himself...

And you think that's right???

what a disgrace from the pit of hell... is right! You abuse grace. And you have to read what that gives you in Hebrews

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does not support the pope. he is not a catholic
Whether or not he supports the pope in name i do not know . BUT HE SURE defends his all inclusive way to GOD .
The man preaches the lie . That one does not HAVE to beleive in CHRIST . So even if he dont support
everything the pope or others do . HE STILL supports their lie .
THIS LIE is where all will soon find common ground . That may seem hard to believe .
But even over seventy percent of christains already believe GOD is fine with all religoins , all can find their way to GOD
through this so called social all inclusive love spell . Sure not all agree one hundred percent
with other doctrines , BUT THEY ARE AGREEING and are finding common ground under the lie .
And they are more and more kicking out the truth , since that divides . SOON they will all merge
in the darkest hour as one . ONLY the lambs will not . And in that day and in that hour
THEY WILL RISE as one against the lambs WHO REFUSED to conform to the lie .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More nonsense again. Its not even little league. There is no higher walk and lower walk which is another one of your fallacies. There is nothing in the bible which makes that false distinction.
There is in the sense of whether you are walking in the Spirit or not. And we sometimes need some major help to be able to start walking in the Spirit. But I fully agree that we receive God's Holy Spirit when we are reborn, and in this we have all we need for a godly life. We have to mature into it, we are being trained into it.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say @Behold is your Lord???? It is the false modern religionists who use Jesus in this way.

You are looking for a permanent sacrifice for your sins rather than go to God and enter INTO Christ. So then you want only to saved from the penalty for sin...you have no interest in being saved FROM your sins. So you see Jesus as your whipping boy. You keep sinning....and He keeps taking the cost on Himself...

And you think that's right???

what a disgrace from the pit of hell... is right! You abuse grace. And you have to read what that gives you in Hebrews
HEY epi , when will you figure out , YE HAVE TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST TO ENTER INTO CHRIST .
Ye preach as though you hold the keys , and yet you yourself have not entered into the very CHRIST you try and teach others
to enter into . BELIEVE . if one believes not EPI , they dont enter into CHRIST . figure it out and do so fast .

Status
Not open for further replies.