How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Indeed in the future they will be saved as promised.
--which begs the question-who is now a true Israelite, since there is no more distinction between a Jew and Gentile-no wonder our Bible is being "debunked" by these very rabbis spearheading Orthodox, Ultra-Orthodox Judaism.

The truth of Christ Jesus must reverberate throughout the earth and the heavens.
Amen.
Johann 2:00 AM morning-

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don’t think that is going to fly. Even if that were true that doesn’t justify by …well he did it first.
Who did what first?
Do you have discernment? I am more than happy to discuss Scriptures, but don't call right, wrong, and wrong, right-don't just type words, pontificating/philosophizing-and don't think you can make me feel guilty-wrong approach.
Put on the panoplia of YHVH-you are in a warfare. the "putting on" is in the Imperative, you do know what a Imperative is, don't you?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who did what first?
Do you have discernment? I am more than happy to discuss Scriptures, but don't call right, wrong, and wrong, right-don't just type words, pontificating/philosophizing-and don't think you can make me feel guilty-wrong approach.
Put on the panoplia of YHVH-you are in a warfare. the "putting on" is in the Imperative, you do know what an Imperative is, don't you?
There are still people here that discuss the value of literal gold as the inheritance. Close the thread. Or those who don’t want to read what epi post could just leave the thread?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a joke, or do I detect sarcasm?
Didn’t you say he is no brother of mine. I reject him as being a brother? And why? Because he doesn’t measure up listing this and that. Or was that another member? Point was if Christ said that about any of us…not a single one of us could say He loved us first, while we were yet still dead in our sins.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There are still people here that discuss the value of literal gold as the inheritance. Close the thread. Or those who don’t want to read what epi post could just leave the thread?
The value of literal gold as the inheritance? show me a scripture reference, don't just pluck things out of thin air, or reading into the text what is not there
Epi needs to be exposed for who he is, a fraud-and you have blinders on, encouraging him.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Didn’t you say he is no brother of mine. I reject him as being a brother? And why? Because he doesn’t measure up listing this and that. Or was that another member? Point was if Christ said that about any of us…not a single one of us could say He loved us first, while we were yet still dead in our sins.
Again, show me scripture references of people promulgating blatant lies, a self-styled prophet-and show me, in Scripture, what it says re these pseudo white washed tombs, full of dead mean's bones, having a form of godliness and denying the power thereof.
What is the gospel-can you tell me?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The value of literal gold as the inheritance? show me a scripture reference, don't just pluck things out of thin air, or reading into the text what is not there
Epi needs to be exposed for who he is, a fraud-and you have blinders on, encouraging him.
I wasn’t saying I have a reference for literal gold as the inheritance. I was saying some here have debated literal gold as the inheritance. This thread is needful. So what if it challenges the doctrines men. Do we want deception? If not, then isn’t it better to open our ears and at least consider what we hold fast to? I know the quick answer is we hold fast to Christ. But don’t we want to know if that is so, or that we are deceived that we do?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, show me scripture references of people promulgating blatant lies, a self-styled prophet-and show me, in Scripture, what it says re these pseudo white washed tombs, full of dead mean's bones, having a form of godliness and denying the power thereof.
What is the gospel-can you tell me?
I’ve tried.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

I wasn’t saying I have a reference for literal gold as the inheritance. I was saying some here have debated literal gold as the inheritance.
But you have entertained the thought of "literal gold"-yes?
So what if it challenges the doctrines men. Do we want deception?
The doctrines of Epi have been challenged-Ichabod.
I know the quick answer is we hold fast to Christ. But don’t we want to know if that is so, or that we are deceived that we do?
Show me scripture references on holding fast to Christ-and how can born again believers be deceived?
In what way and manner can believers be deceived? Use and "work" with the Scriptures-don't pontificate-I want to see how you use discernment on any given passage, not philosophizing, no eisegesis.

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have entertained the thought of "literal gold"-yes?
No. When I was a child maybe. when I saw the pictures of heaven with streets paved with gold. Yes maybe then because that is all I knew. To me now it is Faith …and not some storybook picture I seen as a child.
Show me scripture references on holding fast to Christ-and how can born again believers be deceived?
In what way and manner can believers be deceived? Use and "work" with the Scriptures-don't pontificate-I want to see how you use discernment on any given passage, not philosophizing, no eisegesis.
Going to watch television.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--with others, not with me-
I did. I’ve told you that Johann doesn’t have to cover himself up with all the things to please men. That he doesn’t need a facade or fear not being loved because God loves the scared child of Joann. Where Johann doesn’t have to jump through hoops or fear not being accepted.

Where is @Philip James? I miss his “you are invited too!”

Status
Not open for further replies.