How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think we do much better to stay on point, stick with the facts, and censure our own negative opinions of others. Sometimes I think if we struck out all the posts that said nothing more than how poorly we think of each other, this 1000 post thread might have a couple hundred? I don't know, but you know what I'm saying I think.
Ditto.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is this supposed to mean?

IF I READ THIS TEXT:

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” (John 15:3)

Are you saying that I cannot be clean by reading, obeying, and believing Christ’s words in the Holy Bible?

:IDK:
It doesn't say...."Then the disciples claimed to be clean by the words of Jesus"

or...

"then Abraham claimed to be as righteous as God because of his beliefs"

All of these kinds of misreadings are religious in nature and VERY deceptive.

How can we ever have a real church if we are satisfied with assuming and presuming our way into the text? What we have is a delusional religion that is meant to be exposed and rejected when everything is compared to Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say...."Then the disciples claimed to be clean by the words of Jesus"

or...

"then Abraham claimed to be as righteous as God because of his beliefs"

All of these kinds of misreadings are religious in nature and VERY deceptive.

How can we ever have a real church if we are satisfied with assuming and presuming our way into the text? What we have is a delusional religion that is meant to be exposed and rejected when everything is compared to Christ.
Wow Gods word takes a back seat to your experience. Sad

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this supposed to mean?

IF I READ THIS TEXT:

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” (John 15:3)

Are you saying that I cannot be clean by reading, obeying, and believing Christ’s words in the Holy Bible?

:IDK:
Well, Jesus literally spoke to them, and his words were spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying that if I made arguments based on my experiences and opinions that this would make my statements more believable?

Much love!
Not exactly. I'm looking for something genuine...not a technique. You have to take away your motive which has guile built into it.

A simple word...a simple statement...a humble stance...An encouragement to what is godly and pure and worthy of esteem. Things like that.

I start threads with the most vulnerable and simple motives...and I get attacked by crows for it. Where do you stand with that? You stand in your own corner defending your own interests. Do you do that to avoid the crows or because your interests line up with theirs?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do all who read the words take it to themselves?

If you picked up a love letter addressed to someone else...will you assume you are the one who is loved?

“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.” (Luke 2:10)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly...or 1st century Gentile. Many here use that excuse (I'm not a first century Jew) for not heeding the bible...but then claim that same bible as being written to them...when it suits them. A psychologist would have a field day here.
Well I’m no psychologist, but it is very entertaining.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They that wait upon the Lord...shall renew their strength! Wait...that's not right...that's for the Jews. No need to wait upon the Lord...that's unbelief...just read the bible and all who believe it's about them...name it and claim it. :rolleyes:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” (John 20:31)
It’s written to all who read it period end of story . It’s really Gods inspired word . It’s eternal , alive and active not some dead book written to dead people 2000 years ago as he falsely teaches . No wonder he wants to be a prophet now it makes sense since he denies God speaks directly to us through scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.