How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that present a problem for you? Many here...or most actually, see heaven as an afterlife for those with correct beliefs....like a Valhalla. Although for Valhalla you need to be holding a sword ...and not a bible or John 3:16 t-shirt.

Heaven is for right now! There is no heaven after-life. Heaven is NOT an eternal destiny. There is a New Heaven and a New Earth coming. The redeemed from the earth occupy a new Earth not a new heaven.

This is why faith is required....that bridges the gap between the temporal world...and the kingdom of God. When God sees faith He translates people into the kingdom of His dear Son.

Seek first the kingdom of God and HIS covering righteousness...right now...not after you die.
There’s no problem, only in my weird way stating we all have access now! There is a new and living way through the veil that is to say Jesus’s flesh.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I challenge your false teachings . Huge difference .
You guys go back and forth all day long with personal comment after personal comment after personal comment. I'm working on distancing myself from that kind of behavior as far as I can.

I think we do much better to stay on point, stick with the facts, and censure our own negative opinions of others. Sometimes I think if we struck out all the posts that said nothing more than how poorly we think of each other, this 1000 post thread might have a couple hundred? I don't know, but you know what I'm saying I think.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There’s no problem, only in my weird way stating we all have access now! There is a new and living way through the veil that is to say Jesus’s flesh.
Many here deny we have access now...going contrary to any sound doctrine. Saying rather, that I am speaking lies and false teachings for pointing this out...pushing the kingdom realm into an after-life.

Many have bolstered an unbelief in a kind of spoiled carnal mob mentality..to the amusement of the uncrucified. (who claim to be crucified by reading certain texts)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Championing Romans 6...reading yourself into the text...making it cover-up the kind of seeking and acceptance by God...empowering by God...that requires an ACTUAL FAITH.
You'd have to be more specific for me to really understand what you mean.

Do you mean "reading myself into" being baptize into Jesus Christ? Are you saying that you think I'm ascribing being baptised into Christ to myself, though I've not actually had that happen?

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Hebrews states it through the veil, it’s not going up and down a hill to a perpetual cross it through. There’s no hanging around!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many here deny we have access now...going contrary to any sound doctrine. Saying rather, that I am speaking lies and false teachings for pointing this out...pushing the kingdom realm into an after-life.

Many have bolstered an unbelief in a kind of spoiled carnal mob mentality..to the amusement of the uncrucified. (who claim to be crucified by reading certain texts)
Then they just aren’t ready too believe the New Testament.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You guys go back and forth all day long with personal comment after personal comment after personal comment. I'm working on distancing myself from that kind of behavior as far as I can.

I think we do much better to stay on point, stick with the facts, and censure our own negative opinions of others. Sometimes I think if we struck out all the posts that said nothing more than how poorly we think of each other, this 1000 post thread might have a couple hundred? I don't know, but you know what I'm saying I think.

Much love!
You speak lies. I get attacked all day...and only respond to stop the lies from hurting the inner man of people coming to these threads. You are just grandstanding with a virtue signalling that puts you out of this discussion....only promoting yourself with NO skin in the game whatsoever.

make a thread about you and how peaceful you are...so I can ignore it.

Be creative. Go to the cross.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak lies. I get attacked all day...and only respond to stop the lies from hurting the inner man of people coming to these threads. You are just grandstanding with a virtue signalling that puts you out of this discussion....only promoting yourself with NO skin in the game whatsoever.

I was wondering when you'd head for the exit. It seems to happen when I try to get specific with the Scriptures with you.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read about the accuser of the brethren as a self proclaimed prophet you should be familiar with the father of lies. Also see John 8:44.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find very few believing in the very existence of The New Covenant...let alone having actually entered into it.
All born again believers do lol. Who are you trying to fool now? They are in it upon their new birth.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You'd have to be more specific for me to really understand what you mean.

Do you mean "reading myself into" being baptize into Jesus Christ? Are you saying that you think I'm ascribing being baptised into Christ to myself, though I've not actually had that happen?

Much love!
When people read themselves into texts it becomes impossible to distinguish what is true from what is assumed and presumed. That's why I ask question beyond what is written. I find that you always go to the text...so I question everything you say. Also, the fruit you exhibit is one of self-service. I think that's why you are against what I say...since I expose the flesh and its deeds. I'm talking about the outer man self-love....the part that is meant to be crucified. There's no point in trying to convince me that you are crucified when I see the slippery flesh in all your posts. I'm not fooled. Maybe you have even fooled yourself. most here are fooled. But God is not fooled. Why not come clean?

Since your defenses are so sensitive...we can never get more into what is in your inner man. I'm very open to that...but we never get there.

Look at how you always try to appear better than you are...

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people read themselves into texts it becomes impossible to distinguish what is true from what is assumed and presumed. That's why I ask question beyond what is written. I find that you always go to the text...so I question everything you say. Also, the fruit you exhibit is one of self-service. I think that's why you are against what I say...since I expose the flesh and its deeds. I'm talking about the outer man self-love....the part that is meant to be crucified. There's no point in trying to convince me that you are crucified when I see the slippery flesh in all your posts. I'm not fooled. Maybe you have even fooled yourself. most here are fooled. But God is not fooled. Why not come clean?

Since your defenses are so sensitive...we can never get more into what is in your inner man. I'm very open to that...but we never get there.

Look at how you always try to appear better than you are...
You only expose your own flesh and ideas not the Bible and it’s truth .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people read themselves into texts

What is this supposed to mean?

IF I READ THIS TEXT:

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” (John 15:3)

Are you saying that I cannot be clean by reading, obeying, and believing Christ’s words in the Holy Bible?

:IDK:

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people read themselves into texts it becomes impossible to distinguish what is true from what is assumed and presumed.
I'm trying to ask a specific question here, and I'm hoping for an answer in kind.

You've shared that you think I'm reading myself into the test, and I'd like to look at that.

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Looking at these particular verses, I'll start here.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death

Are you saying I'm reading myself into being baptized into Christ, and you think I'm actually not? Is that it?

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.