How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another ad hominem remark, since it's obvious you don't have an answer to there not being anybody good but God.
It’s why he rejects the cross as penal substitution. He thinks he can by holy or righteous enough..

It’s all about him like the pharisees. They do not see their need for Christ.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a silly notion. Your idea of receiving grace is to pat yourself on the back for claiming Jesus died for you.

But Jesus already died for the sins of the world...not for those who would claim that salvation for themselves. You make it look like those who are religiously self-interested and trying to save their own skin are saved...and all those who are honest and unassuming and honest and selfless are condemned.

You have things exactly backward.

You have not understood what the gospel is, grace is, or faith is.
The bible also says that "God so loves the world that He gave His only begotten son, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM would not perish but have everlasting life." So in spite of God's love for the world, and in spite of the fact that Jesus died for the world, clearly it is necessary to believe in Him to be saved. They are not my words, I didn't make this up, I only receive and believe it.

There is no hope for anyone outside of faith in Christ, no matter how much our man-centric ego of the flesh nature would like to have it so. Some folks are essentially making too much of the fallen human race, placing man above the One who created him. The fallen human race is really just a pile of selfish specks of dust flying around on a tiny marble in a ginormous vast universe. We should be ecstatically thankful anyone at all is being saved. Again, what is man that God is mindful of us. He doesn't have to be. Man's little self-centred perspective is not the same as GOD'S much HUGER perspective. His judgment is righteous, not unrighteous.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible also says that "God so loves the world that He gave His only begotten son, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM would not perish but have everlasting life."

First...that's believe INTO Him...and that life is entered into right now. It doesn't say...shall inherit life. It says HAVE life.

You have to look beyond a carnal religious grasp of things. Believing INTO Jesus means being translated into the kingdom realm to walk in resurrection life NOW! Jesus Himself IS eternal life. He is the way, the truth and the life.
So in spite of God's love for the world, and in spite of the fact that Jesus died for the world, clearly it is necessary to believe in Him to be saved.

To believe into Him to be saved from the pull of this world and sin. We enter into the eternal kingdom realm through the DOOR which is Christ the Lord. Many are trying to get in through other ways...by reading themselves into the text. But Jesus is coming back as a thief to steal away the inheritance of all who don't go through Him.
They are not my words, I didn't make this up, I only receive and believe it.

Is that what you do??? Really? You don't interpret the words to suit a religious ideology?
There is no hope for anyone outside of faith in Christ, no matter how much our man-centric ego of the flesh nature would like to have it so.

The man-centric ego has to go to the cross to be crucified otherwise all religious man-centric egos will be cast out into outer darkness.
Some folks are essentially making too much of the fallen human race, placing man above the One who created him. The fallen human race is really just a pile of selfish specks of dust flying around on a tiny marble in a ginormous vast universe. We should be ecstatically thankful anyone at all is being saved.

On that day there will be feasting and celebration....but also weeping and anger. No one knows which we will be part of....the first will be last and the last first. The kingdom realm is not like this world. Nothing goes the same way. Nothing.
Again, what is man that God is mindful of us. He doesn't have to be. Man's little self-centred perspective is not the same as GOD'S much HUGER perspective. His judgment is righteous, not unrighteous.
Yes. And He loves the righteous, the poor, the widow, the fatherless. God is merciful. There is no questionnaire in regards to inheriting life.

You have completely missed God's ways.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First...that's believe INTO Him...and that life is entered into right now. It doesn't say...shall inherit life. It says HAVE life.

You have to look beyond a carnal religious grasp of things. Believing INTO Jesus means being translated into the kingdom realm to walk in resurrection life NOW! Jesus Himself IS eternal life. He is the way, the truth and the life.

To believe into Him to be saved from the pull of this world and sin. We enter into the eternal kingdom realm through the DOOR which is Christ the Lord. Many are trying to get in through other ways...by reading themselves into the text. But Jesus is coming back as a thief to steal away the inheritance of all who don't go through Him.

Is that what you do??? Really? You don't interpret the words to suit a religious ideology?

The man-centric ego has to go to the cross to be crucified otherwise all religious man-centric egos will be cast out into outer darkness.

On that day there will be feasting and celebration....but also weeping and anger. No one knows which we will be part of....the first will be last and the last first. The kingdom realm is not like this world. Nothing goes the same way. Nothing.

Yes. And He loves the righteous, the poor, the widow, the fatherless. God is merciful. There is no questionnaire in regards to inheriting life.

You have completely missed God's ways.
You did not answer my question in the other thread

are you a universalist. Since yu claim I can be muslim and give a drink to a little one and be righteous.

Also. You’re not catholic and you mock Protestants. What church do you belong to? who taught as you for the last 2000 years. Can you answer

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You did not answer my question in the other thread

are you a universalist.

No. I believe that God is not a religious bigot like so many here. He is merciful to the poor, the suffering, the widow, the fatherless...you have NO idea of who God is. All you have is a misunderstanding of the bible based on very biased religious beliefs...that you think justify you. But you are missing who you are in the narrative.

Many who are "believers" now will be rejected...as they are hypocrites. And many who suffer now will be given an eternal rest.

There are more destinies than what you have been taught in Sunday school. It's not just "heaven and hell"...that's not even a biblical duality. So you have been fooled...completely.
Since yu claim I can be muslim and give a drink to a little one and be righteous.

There is no SCHEME with God. There is no technique to being saved. You can't DO anything to be justified. No flesh is justified before Him. Not believing flesh...not unbelieving flesh.

God sees the heart. Fear God who has the power to cast you away...or receive you into eternal life.
Also. You’re not catholic and you mock Protestants. What church do you belong to? who taught as you for the last 2000 years. Can you answer
I'm warning those who justify themselves....that they will be cast away with the hypocrites.

All who are born of the Spirit and have walked in the kingdom realm testify to the eternal awareness we receive when we enter into Christ. All religions are based on men's understanding. But God reveals the truth to those who seek Him. Always has, and always will.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another ad hominem remark, since it's obvious you don't have an answer to there not being anybody good but God.
Why do you resist the words of Jesus and see them as an attack? It is only such to your religious ego. You resist the truth. Instead, repent and BUY eye salve so that you might SEE...for real.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I believe that God is not a religious bigot like so many here. He is merciful to the poor, the suffering, the widow, the fatherless...you have NO idea of who God is. All you have is a misunderstanding of the bible based on very biased religious beliefs...that you think justify you. But you are missing who you are in the narrative.

Many who are "believers" now will be rejected...as they are hypocrites. And many who suffer now will be given an eternal rest.

There are more destinies than what you have been taught in Sunday school. It's not just "heaven and hell"...that's not even a biblical duality. So you have been fooled...completely.
So you are a universalist. There is more than one way to heaven, it is not just through Jesus alone

Thank you. Thats good to know
There is no SCHEME with God. There is no technique to being saved. You can't DO anything to be justified. No flesh is justified before Him. Not believing flesh...not unbelieving flesh.

God sees the heart. Fear God who has the power to cast you away...or receive you into eternal life.

I'm warning those who justify themselves....that they will be cast away with the hypocrites.

All who are born of the Spirit and have walked in the kingdom realm testify to the eternal awareness we receive when we enter into Christ. All religions are based on men's understanding. But God reveals the truth to those who seek Him. Always has, and always will.
You did nto answer my question

who is th elastic 2000 years do you follow. Who has taught what you taught. What church group?

or are you just a prophet who God has given special revelation to that no one else has been given this insite?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you resist the words of Jesus and see them as an attack? It is only such to your religious ego. You resist the truth. Instead, repent and BUY eye salve so that you might SEE...for real.
Jesus said there was no one good but him.

did Jesus lie?

instead of mocking someone why don;t you just answer the question

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you are a universalist. There is more than one way to heaven, it is not just through Jesus alone

Thank you. Thats good to know

Jesus is the Lamb of God....not the Lamb of rich religionists. Why are you so proud of your own beliefs? Why isn't God allowed to be merciful to WHOMEVER He wants????

Read the bible WITHOUT bigoted eyes and see how God comforts the poor.

And you are not speaking the truth...even about me. You seem easily satisfied with a very superficial assessment of things. I'm NOT a universalist. Some will die in the lake of fire (2nd death), some will be cast into eternal darkness. Some will live among the saved nations...and some will rule and reign with The Father AND the Son in the New Jerusalem.

Do your homework....and stop speaking lies.
You did nto answer my question

who is th elastic 2000 years do you follow. Who has taught what you taught. What church group?

Christ teaches me through the Spirit of truth. Read the bible more carefully. I am not taught by men...but by God who translated me into the kingdom walk to learn His ways...and know Him.
or are you just a prophet who God has given special revelation to that no one else has been given this insite?
You are living and thinking on a very carnal religious level. You have no idea of my training and the purpose of my calling. I leave it to you to judge from what your ideology has taught you.

I am here to testify of Christ, His kingdom...and to warn modern religionists to embrace humility and the fear of the Lord. To understand the terror of the Lord.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Lamb of God....not the Lamb of rich religionists. Why are you so proud of your own beliefs? Why isn't God allowed to be merciful to WHOMEVER He wants????

Read the bible WITHOUT bigoted eyes and see how God comforts the poor.

And you are not speaking the truth...even about me. You seem easily satisfied with a very superficial assessment of things. I'm NOT a universalist. Some will die in the lake of fire (2nd death), some will be cast into eternal darkness. Some will live among the saved nations...and some will rule and reign with The Father AND the Son in the New Jerusalem.

Do your homework....and stop speaking lies.
Jesus is the lamb of God. He said no one can come to the father but through me.

Does a Muslim try to go through Jesus?

Christ teaches me through the Spirit of truth. Read the bible more carefully. I am not taught by men...but by God who translated me into the kingdom walk to learn His ways...and know Him.

You are living and thinking on a very carnal religious level. You have no idea of my training and the purpose of my calling. I leave it to you to judge from what your ideology has taught you.
So I can put you up there with all the other great prophets such as Jeffry Dahmer and Jim jones is that what you are saying?

When people say things that n one for over 2000 years has said. They claim the church has been dead and no one up until they have known the truth. Thats a cult my friend. You are a cult leader.. Its a good thing that people here can finally see what you really are..

Reactions: amigo de christo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said there was no one good but him.

did Jesus lie?

instead of mocking someone why don;t you just answer the question
Also in reference to our exchange earlier in the conversation, I believe you stated there was only one ruler in ruler in Rome in the first century.

James the brother of John was killed by Herod. Would this not be a confirmation that they were brought before a kings and killed or at least one of the four that was in the private conversation with Jesus on the mount of olives?

The Acts certainly shows they were beaten and cast out of synagogues. Who succeeded Herod after he was eaten of worms?

I also believe that when Rome surrounded Israel in the first century many Christians fled into the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.