How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Age thinking is embedded in the modern gospel that claims everything for the self.

A very popular New Age modern gospel purveyor has this to say...

"We cannot attain the presence of God because we are already totally in the presence of God. What's absent is awareness" ----Richard Rohr, What Mystics Know.

Is this not what many here believe??? especially @Lizbeth our resident bible lady? What better way to throw out the living God than to claim He's already fully in you??? No need to knock, to ask, to seek...or obey Jesus in any way. No need to seek first the kingdom of God ...not need to seek to be covered by His righteousness...no, you have it already!!! Another has said here that the words of Jesus are "obsolete". That the OT is not part of OUR bible.

With all the unbelief and religious deviations...all calling themselves believers...it's no wonder that we are in a time just preceding the coming judgment on Babylon.
you just described your mystic/gnostic false teachings , you are the new age false prophet who rejects the Bible and them mocks someone whos dreams contained the very direct word of God= scripture.

what a joke, a mockery of God, His word, His Character etc.......

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you cyber-bullying me? It's because you are convicted that your flesh is enslaving you...yet you can't be honest enough to admit it...so you send yourself back to me for more correction.

but you have to take responsibility for your own rebellious ego. You need to say STOP...

I'm not going to try out-bullying your outer man bully.

Have faith. Go to the cross.
He went to the cross already

when will you go to the cross??

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More arrogance. Of course you don;t care what he thinks, or anyone thinks for that matter, as long as they agree with you.
out of the heart proceeds all sorts of evil. as a man speaketh in his heart so is he. you will know them by their fruits.

also see Proverbs 6:16-16- it seems very appropriate here in this case.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get your milk elsewhere. I'm not going to pander to your flesh. You want me to rescue you? You need Jesus not me. Go to the cross. take some responsibility.
We are trying to help you.. You can’t even handle milk right now.. You are enslaved by your pride. And your ego and your experiences and rejecting the very cross you demand everyone else go to

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He went to the cross already

when will you go to the cross??
the cross of self righteousness and killing its pride/ego/arrogance. you will be like god the original sin, temptation and twisting what God really said and causing others to doubt. the devils tool.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you just described your mystic/gnostic false teachings , you are the new age false prophet who rejects the Bible and them mocks someone whos dreams contained the very direct word of God= scripture.

what a joke, a mockery of God, His word, His Character etc.......
You spew this in order to hide the fact that you don't believe you can seek God and find Him. You refuse to obey Jesus because you think the gospels are "obsolete" not meant for you. So you throw out the pure words of Christ to attack any and all who testify to the truth.

You are fully exposed to all but yourself...and a few crows who are looking to feed on whatever is dead.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You spew this in order to hide the fact that you don't believe you can seek God and find Him. You refuse to obey Jesus because you think the gospels are "obsolete" not meant for you. So you throw out the pure words of Christ to attack any and all who testify to the truth.

You are fully exposed to all but yourself...and a few crows who are looking to feed on whatever is dead.
still projecting I see. the mirror must still be in storage.

James 1
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Reactions: Keturah

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you confusing our initial salvation with what it costs to follow Jesus? The bible does say it is a free gift, certainly:

Rom 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:16
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification.

Rom 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the
FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life.

But then after coming to faith in Christ, we do need to begin following Him and grow, and this does cost us. Eg, Jesus spoke about those who were building a tower and didn't count the cost to finish it. The problem I'm having with what is being taught on this, is that the foundation is being denied and even mocked, rather than reconciling the foundation and the walk of faith together. Can't even have a walk of faith without the foundation and starting point.
The foundation is Christ, the cornerstone

The foundation stones are the apostles

We are all being built up into this great building. As we too are parts of the way.

but if the foundation and cornerstone are not the foundation of our belief. The building will crumble

I believe thats why many churches have crumbled. And why many people have walked away. And many false churches have arisen.

they do no have the foundation or cornerstone.. by which no building will stand

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The foundation is Christ, the cornerstone

The foundation stones are the apostles

We are all being built up into this great building. As we too are parts of the way.

but if the foundation and cornerstone are not the foundation of our belief. The building will crumble

I believe thats why many churches have crumbled. And why many people have walked away. And many false churches have arisen.

they do no have the foundation or cornerstone.. by which no building will stand
And the foundation was laid and the church was/is built upon that foundation. Some are preaching and teaching a false gospel and christ rebuilding the foundation. A certain Youtuber and false prophet comes to mind. I listened to the gobblygook message on born again and turned it off after the first few minutes listened to the false prophet interpret an OT passage about zion that had nothing to do with being born again. Its mysticism/gnosticism a special knowledge/wisdom only the elite pharisees can possess.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those who have a brave inner man who have hung in with me here in spite of all the vicious attacks by the religiously deluded... here is a little song to uplift your spirit. It's time to be brave in the Lord and stand against the purveyors of the great lie.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which would be you and your leader..who are the defenition of religion. Hey God look at me,, Look down on people who do not agree with me,, Its all about me and what I do.
Its called projecting - According to Karen R. Koenig, M. Ed, LCSW, projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else. A common example is a cheating spouse who suspects their partner is being unfaithful.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the gospel is good news because …I will give an example. There is a lady I know. She is vindictive, spiteful, manipulative, lies, and cheats. But I can see she is also scared (and I mean terrified) to death. She volunteers and always puts on the best show to where if you met her, you would most likely say “wow she is really nice”. I’ve seen things behind closed doors. I’m not saying this to be ugly but (Imo) she lives in fear but puts on a religious; better than others show. I can’t say whether she believes in Jesus. She does go to church more than I do. I can say that. But any “good news” gospel that tells her she can have her cake and eat it too…to me isn’t good news. Where is the freedom for her in Christ? Told the good news is she can have both: her own image and Christ. which do you think she will serve? Where is the good news in that?

But that is only one example. It is all around; including myself. (Imo) almost every cruelty I can think of stems out from preservation of self.
The good news does not say she can have her cake and eat it to.

Whoever is telling you this does not understand the good news..

The reason she is scared is she understands romans 1. She should be scared.. because of the way she acts behind closed doors. she is probably confronted with a legalistic church that says she must change first. Instead of telling her to repent and come to the cross. Then God will come in to her and change her..

which is what the true gospel is about. Read romans 1 - 8 what we call the romans road..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have opted for the Great Delusion that seduces carnal believers away from the truth in order to embrace what builds up the outer man. We can see plainly hear how ....the elephant in the room...tries to displace any reference to the deeper walk...which the carnal man KNOWS is not for him/her. Rather than surrendering to God and His ways, these self-assured ones build deceit on deceit until anything pure, and true and uplifting has been made filthy. Many who remain true to the faith will flee from such displays...and I don't blame them. But my ministry is to transform that ugliness into beauty for the Lord. To turn the errant ones back to the Lord. To have them come out from the mud and walk a straight path based on humility and the fear of the Lord. But the outer man...when puffed up in the vanity of religion...dies very hard.
You do not offer them hope my friend. You offer at best a false hope.. because you reject the means of how one is born again, Your foundation is not christ..

Status
Not open for further replies.