How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What isn't OK is to have sinners in the flesh become religious sinners in the soul. The good news is not for the proud, disobedient, rebellious, puffed up, vain and spoiled. As such there is a great disappointment coming for those who have received mercy from God...but then rebelled against the cost of following Christ. Instead these rail, get offended and depart from the way of life to pursue a delusional salvation scheme that inspires the simple.
Those born again have been Crucified with Christ.

They are no longer in the flesh

Reactions: Keturah

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do not offer them hope my friend. You offer at best a false hope.. because you reject the means of how one is born again, Your foundation is not christ..
My foundation is Christ with a capital "C". Yours is just one in a series of christs that support the carnal religious bent in human nature. The part that wants so desperately to be saved...that pushes aside the women and children to find a place for the "self" in the lifeboats.

It's despicable, really, the lengths that carnal men will go to justify themselves and condemn all the is right, true and pure.

No wonder you think I offer you no hope, There is no hope for the hypocrite...unless he repents. Go to the cross, my friend.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have a brave inner man who have hung in with me here in spite of all the vicious attacks by the religiously deluded... here is a little song to uplift your spirit. It's time to be brave in the Lord and stand against the purveyors of the great lie.

lol it figures a COC church focused on mans religiosity of self righteousness to achieve favor before God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My foundation is Christ with a capital "C". Yours is just one in a series of christs that support the carnal religious bent in human nature. The part that wants so desperately to be saved...that pushes aside the women and children to find a place for the "self" in the lifeboats.

It's despicable, really, the lengths that carnal men will go to justify themselves and condemn all the is right, true and pure.

No wonder you think I offer you no hope, There is no hope for the hypocrite...unless he repents. Go to the cross, my friend.
You reject his word. Which is him.

your foundation is not christ. You reject his blood as the means of our salvation..

I am not justifying myself man, You are..

Reactions: Keturah

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

projecting again.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, Happy Easter everyone I think I am caught up.. Saw For King and country friday night (great concert) saw my new grand baby yesterday. And will have a grandson with me today after church.

God bless everyone

Reactions: ChristisGod

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know nothing of Buddhist practices...except my brother-in law claims to be a Buddhist sympathizer.

Of Hinduism this is what I know.

I watched the movie "Gandhi" many years ago...a great movie with Ben Kingsley. A great portrayal. That led me to read a book on Gandhi's life. A very interesting man. He was religious and driven...but also very righteous in his way. Very brave. He was actually inspired to be as he was through reading about Jesus. And he was the very opposite of most believers who say but don't do. He was very brave in that he never claimed to be a follower of Christ...but he listened and obeyed Him. It's the classic tale of the two sons.

Oh, and I know a few Gandhi jokes too. ;)
So what do you think of yoga? Good for Christians? or anyone? Do you practice it, or have you in the past since becoming Christian?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
New Age thinking is embedded in the modern gospel that claims everything for the self.

A very popular New Age modern gospel purveyor has this to say...

"We cannot attain the presence of God because we are already totally in the presence of God. What's absent is awareness" ----Richard Rohr, What Mystics Know.

Is this not what many here believe??? especially @Lizbeth our resident bible lady? What better way to throw out the living God than to claim He's already fully in you??? No need to knock, to ask, to seek...or obey Jesus in any way. No need to seek first the kingdom of God ...not need to seek to be covered by His righteousness...no, you have it already!!! Another has said here that the words of Jesus are "obsolete". That the OT is not part of OUR bible.

With all the unbelief and religious deviations...all calling themselves believers...it's no wonder that we are in a time just preceding the coming judgment on Babylon.
Like many things, there are two sides to that coin.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what do you think of yoga? Good for Christians? or anyone? Do you practice it, or have you in the past since becoming Christian?
Yoga looks like women exercises to me. If you think you need to stay toned up...do what you feel is necessary. My exercise revolves around riding my bike...which I'm hoping to do today if it warns up enough.

The only thing I practiced before being a Christian was my bass. I was on the road a lot...eating poorly.. reading books.

I still practice my bass...inventing grooves...playing for other people on recordings...and doing my own recordings. Gotta keep my fingers in shape. Here is a sample of an album I'm finishing up in the mix. My tune, arrangement and I play bass and keyboards.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can't stop with the religion stuff. Are you saved? Do you know Jesus? Point to the cross. Your Jesus is a comfort food that comes from watching movies. The real Jesus comes with power by His Spirit.

Spiritual Christianity will never be popular. The opposite is true. If I was looking to be accepted by men I wouldn't be calling out the outer man....I would be doing what so many ministries are doing...catering to the flesh to increase numbers.

The opposite is true, My call is for individuals to enter INTO Christ. Nothing is more personal and intimate than walking in the light as He is in the light. (the light is not a philosophical term as you said it was)

You should pray that the light of the glorious gospel should shine on you and lead you from the religious dungeon you have built for yourself.

Anybody that drives a cab knows that barking and clucking doesn't come from God. And they also have better discernment than you in regards what is genuine and what is sent from God to deceive those who look away from Him PERSONALLY for their salvation and security.

You are afraid of a personal encounter with the living God precisely because you have been so deceived through being enamoured with the new age movement.

How long did you practice yoga for?
You apparently don't read my posts. I point to the cross all the time, and to Jesus.

And I do encounter God, quite a lot over the years when you add it up. He is gracious to speak to me now and then, leading and guiding, etc.... I'm not a stranger to His voice.

When I first went to the Toronto revival, the presence of God was there, so heavy and real and wonderful. The Lord told me ahead of time His presence was going to go away and I was enormously sad and disappointed to know that. And a year or so later it happened according to His word, and I knew what grieved Him to leave, the last straw. I kept hoping and waiting for things to turn around and at some point I knew my time there was about over - once they started to do "soaking" in the spirit, the Lord told me urgently to leave and not linger, so then I left. He is so faithful to lead and to guide and protect. We have only to follow and obey.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You apparently don't read my posts. I point to the cross all the time, and to Jesus.

And I do encounter God, quite a lot over the years when you add it up. He is gracious to speak to me now and then, leading and guiding, etc.... I'm not a stranger to His voice.

When I first went to the Toronto revival, the presence of God was there, so heavy and real and wonderful. The Lord told me ahead of time His presence was going to go away and I was enormously sad and disappointed to know that. And a year or so later it happened according to His word, and I knew what grieved Him to leave, the last straw. I kept hoping and waiting for things to turn around and at some point I knew my time there was about over - once they started to do "soaking" in the spirit, the Lord told me urgently to leave and not linger, so then I left. He is so faithful to lead and to guide and protect. We have only to follow and obey.
You didn't answer my question? How long did you do yoga for?

And what New Age practices did you engage in...or still do?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question? How long did you do yoga for?

And what New Age practices did you engage in...or still do?
You didn’t answer my question . Was Jesus resurrected bodily and is He still a man in heaven ?

Let’s see if you know what the meaning of today is or will you run away again and avoid answering .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just forgot. I've never done yoga and never would as it came from demons. Same with new age, it's all demonic. You..?
Why are you so obsessed with New Age? Especially when you espouse that kind of thinking with your name it claim it philosophizing of the word. I posted a little Richard Rohr extract...I picked up from facebook. I think it sums up your religious philosophy...which IS New Age.

I am so counter-cultural...I stand apart from all man-made systems and techniques.

I get accused of doing opposite things depending on the accuser. And I love that...as Jesus was also accused of saying opposite things. And that's because of the lack of spiritual understanding in the accusers. Just like here.

So either I'm on one extreme...inventing my own religion...or... on the other extreme I'm following a human pattern.

What happens is that people accuse me of what THEY are doing. So I know you used to practice yoga and were (or are) into New Age practices. It's still there in your thinking...that's why you are so scared.

You can fool the crows, and yourself (since you are now one of them for the sake of your outer man comfort) ...but I'm not fooled. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a legalistic church that says she must change first.
I’m confused. Isn’t repent to change? To turn?
Instead of telling her to repent and come to the cross. Then God will come in to her and change her..
Instead of…. telling her to repent and turn to God. Isn’t this the same as a legalistic church telling her she must change first. When change is “to repent”. To me the legalistic church is not saying change but keep your own ways and build upon them. I’m confused. If I suggest there must be a loss of our own image to gain His. It is …where does it say you have to give up your own image to gain His? That is considered a wage …yet we quote we happily give which is no chore at all “to us” because God loves cheerful givers. Usually in context of our own works during and while propping our feet up with barely little cost (and I don’t mean money) in fact working in our own image, and not His. Like giving money to the homeless man. Which in return, often times deceives us that those are good works we just did there. While secretly unknowingly patting ourselves on the back, because now we can keep our own image and have His too. Only God knows the motive of why we do things. But to me there are lots of times we say it is for others but instead it is leaching of others to build up ourself. Yet we are totally convinced we are “cheerful givers” for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.