How are you handling the Coronavirus Pandemic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Jim Bakker, (along with his former wife) of the christian based Praise The Lord Club, PTL, who subsequently went to prison for misappropriation of ministry funds and accusations of drugging, raping, and attempting to "pay-off" Jessica Hahn with ministry funds, -- was most recently hawking Colliodal Silver as a CURE for COVID-19:

... the New York State Attorney General ordered Bakker to cease making false medicinal claims about his supplements' alleged ability to cure the 2019-20 strains of coronavirus.[66] The Federal Trade Commission and the Food and Drug Administration also sent a warning letter in March 2020 to Bakker about his claims regarding the supplements and coronavirus.[67] On March 10, 2020, Missouri attorney general Eric Schmitt filed a lawsuit against Jim Bakker and Morningside Church Productions "For misrepresentations about the effectiveness of "Silver Solution" as a treatment for 2019 novel coronavirus."[68]

So anyone who is espousing this concoction as anything more than a RISK to your PERSONAL HEALTH is a FRAUD. There is NO medical evidence for any health benefit, and significant evidence that it may be extremely harmful.

But we all make our own choices, and live with those consequences.
Bobby Jo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me I was lucky to go grocery shopping yesterday before things changed today, as the virus has taken a surge in new cases early this Thursday afternoon and people are swamping grocery stores and supermarkets, stripping shelves bare and long, long lines.

I have decided to Isolate as recommended by local health officials and to cease going to the gym for now and have cancelled get togethers with friends and with fellow believers.
We can text, email and phone each other.

I hope all of you are staying safe. I am praying for everyone's safety here.

God bless you all.
My name is OLIGOS

Hi OLIGOS. We decided to isolate ourselves a week before we were urged to do so by our PM. We are retired and so far there isn't much different about our lives apart from not being able to out. We are blessed to have two large gardens and can sit out when the weather gets warm enough.

We have plenty to read and keep us occupied although I am relying on social media and Christian forums a lot more. We have managed to get our regular grocery deliveries at least until next week but I am not worrying about it.

It is hard not to be able to hug my kids and grandkids and yesterday I had to blow kisses to my three year old grandaughter through the window. But I am surprised about how peaceful I feel and know that it is God's presence. I am trusting him.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi OLIGOS. We decided to isolate ourselves a week before we were urged to do so by our PM. We are retired and so far there isn't much different about our lives apart from not being able to out. We are blessed to have two large gardens and can sit out when the weather gets warm enough.

We have plenty to read and keep us occupied although I am relying on social media and Christian forums a lot more. We have managed to get our regular grocery deliveries at least until next week but I am not worrying about it.

It is hard not to be able to hug my kids and grandkids and yesterday I had to blow kisses to my three year old grandaughter through the window. But I am surprised about how peaceful I feel and know that it is God's presence. I am trusting him.

BEAUTIFUL!!
PRAISE GOD

Reactions: Pearl

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you deliberately and continually oppose the truth, so be it.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the United States Department of Health -- National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health, the Harvard Medical School "Harvard Health Letter", and many other institutions and associations have warned of serious health effects from using colloidal silver, -- But they're ALL WRONG, and you are correct. Good Call.

Yep! You and the crook, Jim Bakker, are CORRECT! So now will you FINALLY drink 32oz of this crap in a single "serving" on video so that you can prove me wrong, and I can send you the $45 to cover the cost of the purchase and shipping?

Or are your words different than your actions?
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Silver Benefits and Uses Backed By Science |....

10 Silver Benefits and Uses Backed By Science |
Silver a natural mineral can super-charge your immune system and help you stay healthy. Research has shown that consuming silver daily is both safe and effective for boosting and maintaining a healthy immune system. ... The colloidal silver used in modern supplements is a suspension of pure metallic silver in water. It is thought to work by ...
All you ever wanted to know about colloidal silver

All you ever wanted to know about colloidal silver
The presence of colloidal silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver ...
Colloidal Silver: What You Need to Know | HowStuffWorks

Colloidal Silver: What You Need to Know
Silver is naturally found in food and water, and when recommended by a physician, the typical dosage of colloidal silver is about one teaspoon. Due to the lengthy list of side effects and relatively sparse information on what this product can actually do for you, you won't find many health experts promoting the substance.
Colloidal Silver: Risks and Benefits - Healthline

What Is Colloidal Silver?
Colloidal silver is a popular product in holistic health circles. But in 1999 (and again 10 years later), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a press release stating that there was no ...
Colloidal silver: Is it safe? - Mayo Clinic

The truth about colloidal silver
Colloidal silver isn't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. Nor is it an essential mineral, as some sellers of silver products claim.
5 Ways to Use Colloidal Silver - Better Nutrition

https://www.betternutrition.com/supplements/5-ways-to-use-colloidal-silver
Top 5 Health Benefits of Colloidal Silver 1. Helps resolve gut issues. I've done my fair share of colon cleanses in the past 10 years. One of my favorites, hands down, is a colloidal silver and aloe cleanse developed by Robert Scott Bell, a homeopathic practitioner and radio show host.
Colloidal Silver: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage ...

Colloidal Silver: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning
Eye infections. Research shows that using colloidal silver eye drops in both eyes of newborns shortly after birth does not prevent eye infections. Also, applying colloidal silver solution to the ...
Medical uses of silver - Wikipedia

The medical uses of silver include its use in wound dressings, creams, and as an antibiotic coating on medical devices. Wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials may be used on external infections. The limited evidence available shows that silver coatings on endotracheal breathing tubes may reduce the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Mysterious Water Suspension | Experiments | Steve Spangler ...

Mysterious Water Suspension | Experiments | Steve Spangler Science
If you return the jar to its upright position, the air can no longer get into the jar and the rest of the water will stay inside. Now you have a special insight—be careful not to jiggle the jar or touch the screen because you'll break the surface tension and surprise everyone with a gush of water.
COLLOIDAL SILVER INFO - Let's Cut Through The BS | Real ...

COLLOIDAL SILVER INFO - Let's Cut Through The BS | Real Raw Food
COLLOIDAL SILVER INFO - Let's Cut Through The BS Where does the information presented here come from? The inventor of our colloidal generator, who has researched and worked with electro-generated products since 1988, has guided me through the misinformation and led me to what seems to be the most reliable and consistent information.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You promote COLLOIDAL SILVER, and then defend by citing SILVER. NEWS FLASH: THEY'RE NOT THE SAME!

The medical uses of silver include its use in wound dressings, creams, and as an antibiotic coating on medical devices. Wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials may be used on external infections. The limited evidence available shows that silver coatings on endotracheal breathing tubes may reduce the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia.

It's a good thing that you have a Doctor's Degree in Medicine, otherwise I'd think you were as crazy as a LOON.

Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You promote COLLOIDAL SILVER, and then defend by citing SILVER. NEWS FLASH: THEY'RE NOT THE SAME!
oh my.... silver is silver..... aint that a hoot !

The benefits, in its different forms, along with coconut oil (or are you afraid to drink coconut oil too)
have
been known worldwide , especially in India , for a long, long time.

The enemy of truth, the drug manufacturers, and the enemy of Christ, don't like the truth, do they?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." Matt 4:7

People will always have their 'snake-oil' to sell in time of need.
If we cared as much about our spiritual life as we do about our bodies, the Church of God would be a powerful machine upon the earth.

When I asked the Lord how I was to handle this time of isolation and restrictions...I heard -
" Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, what you shall drink, or what ye shall put on..."
"In everything give thanks...."

... ✟

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we cared as much about our spiritual life as we do about our bodies, the Church of God would be a powerful machine upon the earth.

When I asked the Lord how I was to handle this time of isolation and restrictions...I heard -
" Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, what you shall drink, or what ye shall put on..."

... ✟

excellent post. Great to see you posting.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... And that applied when Jesus was on earth, but there's NEW INSTRUCTIONS* now that Jesus has ascended:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

*Jesus gave these final instructions to HIS Disciples before being arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane.​

So while the old was fulfilled, the NEW must now be incorporated for us to be Prepared and Protected for our Preservation.
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Again I am reminded how fear-based this world is.

I am a poor person who cannot afford to stockpile food, medicine, etc. So, I have to buy food every few days as money comes in. However, there is not much food to buy, and what is left to buy has skyrocketed in price _ which I can't afford to buy.

The crazy thing is, in a few months time, half the food that people have stockpiled will run out of its use-by-date. Then the rubbish dumps, all around the world, will be overloaded with waste. A massive increase of rotten perishables, escalating potential disease of other types.

Because we (as humans) cannot see passed our nose, we really don't know what we are doing to what is beyond the nose. It really stinks.
We have laws in New Zealand that makes increasing prices for essential items illegal and shops can be prosecuted for it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

... ✟
It's wonderful how God speaks to us. When I asked he led me to the passage about Elijah 'self isolating'. And I knew he was telling me he would provide.

1 Kings 17:3-5 ‘Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have instructed the ravens to supply you with food there.’ So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there.

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim Bakker, (along with his former wife) of the christian based Praise The Lord Club, PTL, who subsequently went to prison for misappropriation of ministry funds and accusations of drugging, raping, and attempting to "pay-off" Jessica Hahn with ministry funds, -- was most recently hawking Colliodal Silver as a CURE for COVID-19:
"Along with his former wife???" You don't know that his former wife Tammy Faye Bakker died years ago?

Jim Bakker admitted to having sex with Jessica Hahn, which was adultery and very wrong! However, he denied raping her. Evidently, her character was in question as well. Just considering the facts....

From Wikipedia:

After the public revelation of the Bakker scandal, Hahn posed nude for Playboy (November 1987, December 1987 and September 1989)[5] and videos and appeared in several television shows, including Married... with Children. She was also known for her frequent appearances on The Howard Stern Show throughout the late 1980s and into the 2000s.
.​

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Along with his former wife???"
Jim Bakker, (along with his former wife) of the christian based Praise The Lord Club, PTL ...

Sometimes sentence structures do not convey the intent, -- that being that "Tammy Bakker" was in cahoots with her husbands PTL graft and greed.

Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim Bakker, (along with his former wife) of the christian based Praise The Lord Club, PTL ...

Sometimes sentence structures do not convey the intent, -- that being that "Tammy Bakker" was in cahoots with her husbands PTL graft and greed.

Bobby Jo
I see. Your subject and verb in the sentence didn't match. Gotta be careful with that, lol!