How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This old argument again that makes absolutely no sense and I am sick of it

Maybe God should put you through months of undeserved unacceptable supernatural death threats

Now kindly refrain from judging me
Apache1, look around. How many 500 year old people do you know or have you seen? I would think none.

We all die. It's just a question of when, where, and how. Nobody gets out of this life alive.

My advice is to stop whining and start praying, subjecting yourself to God's will and accepting His will in all things. Everyone suffers at some point in this life. It comes with the territory. How we deal with it is our choice.

Reactions: Nancy and Keturah

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And my advice to you is to stop being a terrible person and a pathetic Christian and do something worthwhile with your sad life other than embarrassing your parents by making pathetic ignorant comments

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And my advice to you is to stop being a terrible person and a pathetic Christian and do something worthwhile with your sad life other than embarrassing your parents by making pathetic ignorant comments
My parents are long gone, God rest their souls. I'm a septuagenarian and a grandfather of 10. I was educated before the educational system was coopted by Marxists in order to dummy down the population. My comments are quite informed, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No point responding with your uninformed hateful drivel as you are on ignore.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I attack you and you are left in fear of me attacking you again, who is to blame? Me or you? And how would you react if people started defending me
“If I attack you and you are left in fear of me attacking you again, who is to blame? Me or you.”
Both? You for attacking me and me for allowing you to take away my freedom by my becoming paralyzed out of fear of you attacking me again.

People amaze me who have been raped or attacked who stand up to their abusers, saying they won’t let their freedom to live life be taken away too. But you meant not people but God attacking by unleashing satan on you?

I do see your point.

If people started defending you for attacking me.
I would feel hurt. Confused. I would probably be asking if I just stepped into the twilight-zone or something over how confused I would be of people defending your attack on me as justifiable. I see your point here, verbalizing how it hurts to say God has unleashed satan on you and then I defend the attack. I can see it hurts. Confuses. And why it bothers you when someone defends whom you have said has attacked you. That is not what I want to do. I still don’t think you are wrong to shout at God and ask Him the hard questions. I hope you get answers to your questions.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally how much of a stupid troll do you have to be to go into a thread you have nothing to do with and tell the OP to "stop whining" while claiming to be a Christian

Augustin clearly has the wrong forum

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“If I attack you and you are left in fear of me attacking you again, who is to blame? Me or you.”
Both? You for attacking me and me for allowing you to take away my freedom by my becoming paralyzed out of fear of you attacking me again.

People amaze me who have been raped or attacked who stand up to their abusers, saying they won’t let their freedom to live life be taken away too. But you meant not people but God attacking by unleashing satan on you?

I do see your point.

If people started defending you for attacking me.
I would feel hurt. Confused. I would probably be asking if I just stepped into the twilight-zone or something over how confused I would be of people defending your attack on me as justifiable. I see your point here, verbalizing how it hurts to say God has unleashed satan on you and then I defend the attack. I can see it hurts. Confuses. And why it bothers you when someone defends whom you have said has attacked you. That is not what I want to do. I still don’t think you are wrong to shout at God and ask Him the hard questions. I hope you get answers to your questions.

No, the victim is NEVER EVER to blame. No matter what

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try but your true self was on display earlier.

In any case I was doing perfectly fine before he messed my life up with the supernatural death threats etc.
Why are you here? Not that you aren't welcome but why are you here?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CadyandZoe and Amigo,

Ps 87
And of Zion it will be said,
“This one and that one were born in her;
And the Most High Himself shall establish her.”
6 The Lord will record,
When He registers the peoples:
“This one was born there
.” Selah

God will remember the circumstances one was born in or raised in. Thank you Lord, for taking our lives into account, as well as our experiences.

He is crying out that God is afflicting him, and you guys are telling Him to trust God. How can he if he thinks God is the source of his problem?

He needs someone to talk to about this, perhaps a Christian counselor. He doesn't need to be foo foo'd.
Apache, I found a free 24 hour chat where you could go and perhaps get some understanding.

Sometimes the hearing of voices can be arrested by medication. It is a symptom of a medical condition. God gave us doctors. It is OK to visit one.
Ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner!

All kidding aside, I wonder why people can't see Job or Moses calling out to God in their desperation.

I did it just last night. And then today I felt foolish, but God didn't think me a fool. We're too hard on ourselves (unless we're too busy doing the opposite, of course) and each other.

Sometimes there are no answers besides "no" or "wait."

But God wants us to pour out our hearts to Him, anyway, because He knows how good it is for what ails us. No one ever cared for me like Jesus, and when you get extremely real with Him, you'll know it was Him you were talking to.

And sometimes we have to talk to someone else before we're able to realize that He wants to hear all about it from us.

So, @Apache1, you talk to someone if you need to but, to be honest, you could save yourself some time and heartache if you skip the middleman. You'll see that in the end. We all do. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try but your true self was on display earlier.

In any case I was doing perfectly fine before he messed my life up with the supernatural death threats etc.
I think it's great that you're being so honest.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apache1, look around. How many 500 year old people do you know or have you seen? I would think none.

We all die. It's just a question of when, where, and how. Nobody gets out of this life alive.

My advice is to stop whining and start praying, subjecting yourself to God's will and accepting His will in all things. Everyone suffers at some point in this life. It comes with the territory. How we deal with it is our choice.
I'm glad It was Jesus I talked to when I was down and not you. o_O

Reactions: Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apache1, you sound very much like you think that you are, in some way, equals with God. That God should be judged according to your personal human standards, and that God certainly doesn't know more than you do.
I know that's what God said to Job, essentially. Problem is, you're not God. Don't feel bad, though. We don't do vengeance very well, either. But we sure do like to try. :smile:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's great that you're being so honest.
" I'm like a head trip to listen to, 'cause I'm only givin' you
Things you joke about with your friends inside your livin' room
The only difference is I got the balls to say it in front of y'all
And I don't gotta be false or sugar-coat it at all…"

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner!

All kidding aside, I wonder why people can't see Job or Moses calling out to God in their desperation.

I did it just last night. And then today I felt foolish, but God didn't think me a fool. We're too hard on ourselves (unless we're too busy doing the opposite, of course) and each other.

Sometimes there are no answers besides "no" or "wait."

But God wants us to pour out our hearts to Him, anyway, because He knows how good it is for what ails us. No one ever cared for me like Jesus, and when you get extremely real with Him, you'll know it was Him you were talking to.

And sometimes we have to talk to someone else before we're able to realize that He wants to hear all about it from us.

So, @Apache1, you talk to someone if you need to but, to be honest, you could save yourself some time and heartache if you skip the middleman. You'll see that in the end. We all do. :)
Oh I have expressed my frustration to God many times. No answer. He can not answer if he wants but personally I find it unacceptable to put someone through months of supernatural death threats, telling them they are going to hell and allowing accusations of blaspheming the Holy Spirit among other things. Especially when if I or anyone else did that he would strike us down with great vengeance and demand to know why we did such things.

Of course, being honest only makes people offended at the temerity of calling God out.

So since I can't go back to 2008 and not get dumped on by God for taking care of a dog for 10 years, he should either take my soul or slow down time so I can focus on making a living. Because barking and death threats do not help anyone to stop smoking. Especially when nothing happens to other Christians who smoke (and I know this because I have read their stories about how God either did nothing or was extremely benevolent)

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This old argument again that makes absolutely no sense and I am sick of it

Maybe God should put you through months of undeserved unacceptable supernatural death threats

Now kindly refrain from judging me
We are not judging you. I didn't judge you. I told you the truth, it just felt like judgment. I did not condemn you or hold you in contempt. Jesus tells us that the truth will set us free. I want you to be free and so I tell you the truth.

There are at least two prayers that Jesus guarantees will be answered every time. One of them is a petition for the truth. Ask God to show you the truth and he will -- every single time.

Jesus tells a story about a man who went very late at night to a friend's house seeking bread. The story concludes with the following verses.

Luke 11:8-10
I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

God will answer this every single time.

ask; it will be given
seek; you will find
knock; it will be opened to you

guaranteed.

Jesus' advice to you and me? Don't give up. The answer is coming.