How can any of you stand it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You list as Christian, so why does Christian Education not appeal to you?
We are not judging you. I didn't judge you. I told you the truth, it just felt like judgment. I did not condemn you or hold you in contempt. Jesus tells us that the truth will set us free. I want you to be free and so I tell you the truth.

There are at least two prayers that Jesus guarantees will be answered every time. One of them is a petition for the truth. Ask God to show you the truth and he will -- every single time.

Jesus tells a story about a man who went very late at night to a friend's house seeking bread. The story concludes with the following verses.

Luke 11:8-10
I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

God will answer this every single time.

ask; it will be given
seek; you will find
knock; it will be opened to you

guaranteed.

Jesus' advice to you and me? Don't give up. The answer is coming..

Can anyone explain how any of this is relevant to supernatural death threats and telling me that I am going to hell

Edit: Again, I will state what I would like from God. Time to move at its normal rate instead of being sped up, healing and something to do with my life. Because as much fun as going about playing with dogs is, it doesnt make any money.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anyone explain how any of this is relevant to supernatural death threats and telling me that I am going to hell

Edit: Again, I will state what I would like from God. Time to move at its normal rate instead of being sped up, healing and something to do with my life. Because as much fun as going about playing with dogs is, it doesnt make any money.
I’m not understanding what you mean by supernatural death threats and telling you that you are going to hell? How did these threats happen?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan didn't ask to sift Peter as wheat, but all of them. Luke 22:31-32 says,

31 “Simon, Simon, behold Satan has demanded to sift all of you like wheat,
32 but I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers.”
Luke 22:31 Lexicon: "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

Luke 22:32 Lexicon: but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

What version are you reading that has “to sift all of you like wheat”? I don’t see that in any I looked at? But I’m not arguing it as wrong, because of where he said all Israel would be sifted as wheat among the nations. So I do see how what you shared fits, but still in that one conversation I don’t see where He told Peter satan has asked for them all…but instead the timing of satan has asked for you Peter? Personally.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus knows that Satan divides, and divides, and divides (sifts). In fact the very word diabolic comes from the Greek words dia baline which means to split asunder, render apart, disunify, etc. Anytime you see this sort of dividind and disunity, you can rest assured that the diabolic (Satan) is working.

Satan and his demons can do absolutely nothing to us without God's express permission each and every time. So, one might ask, why would God allow us to be tempted or attacked? Simple. In order for us to grow in virtue. Without temptation, there is no virtue. God wants us to grow in our spiritual life and become virtuous.
To divide, render apart, split asunder, disunity…to me this doesn’t have such a diabolical evil plan attached to it. For example
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

We speak of to divide, to render apart, to split asunder, disunity…as some people on one side and some on the other. but to me Peter was given over to satan(to separate in Peter), to the sword to separate Peter from his old ways, to separate his old thoughts, entering into the heart…circumcision of the heart in the removal of Peters high-mindedness, superiority over his brothers, his vain jangling of judgment against his brothers… envy, hatred, backbiting, gossiping the rendering apart from the spirit of fear again unto bondage—>separated unto the Spirit God gives of Power, of Love, and of a sound mind. We say …it is God dividing people from people. Yet the dividing, split asunder, rendering apart, disunity…the outcome was “unity” of Spirit instead of disunity of the flesh : in strengthen (Help, comfort) your brothers Peter. Rendering apart from, split asunder, divided from death unto Life. A new heart? helps brothers (edifying brothers) not destroying them.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:31 Lexicon: "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

Luke 22:32 Lexicon: but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

What version are you reading that has “to sift all of you like wheat”? I don’t see that in any I looked at? But I’m not arguing it as wrong, because of where he said all Israel would be sifted as wheat among the nations. So I do see how what you shared fits, but still in that one conversation I don’t see where He told Peter satan has asked for them all…but instead the timing of satan has asked for you Peter? Personally.
Unfortunately for us, English use of "you" can be singular or plural. But, in regard to the "you" in that phrase, it is meant to be plural, not singular, i.e., it means "you all" (or "y'all" if you're from the South LOL). In other words, the translation reflects the meaning of the Greek text that uses a second person plural pronoun here. You can find differing translations into English, depending on what version of the Bible you're using. For example, the NIV uses "all of you" and the English Standard version uses merely "you" (which doesn't necessarily mean the singluar "you").

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately for us, English use of "you" can be singular or plural. But, in regard to the "you" in that phrase, it is meant to be plural, not singular, i.e., it means "you all" (or "y'all" if you're from the South LOL). In other words, the translation reflects the meaning of the Greek text that uses a second person plural pronoun here. You can find differing translations into English, depending on what version of the Bible you're using. For example, the NIV uses "all of you" and the English Standard version uses merely "you" (which doesn't necessarily mean the singluar "you").
Thanks. I didn’t know. I’m from the south. My grandchildren pick on my southern accent all the time because it is strong. I get the y’all. And the hehaw!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you experienced. When I was a new believer, I could hear the accusations against me in my own mind. The accusations went away when I began to put my trust in his saving grace. I don't know, I suspect all new believers encounter heart-agonizing doubt. But as we mature in the faith, the doubts and the "mental accusations" subside.

If not that, perhaps you were demon-possessed. In truth, when the Bible speaks about demon possession it typically means "demon oppression." I have never experienced this but I'm sure others can attest to this from personal experience. This kind of thing needs an exorcist.

Finally, as someone here already indicated, hearing voices is common for those with particular mental health problems. And this phenomenon is treatable.

The sense that time is speeding up is a common phenomenon among older people. Time isn't actually speeding up, it just seems that way to older people like me. When I was a kid, for instance, the Summers were so long and beautiful and fun. Now they just seem to fly by. Why? When we are young, our thirst for knowledge is insatiable and every little experience was an opportunity to learn something new. Much of what we know now was new when we were young.

Remember what it was like when you first learned how to tie your shoes? It took a lot of practice along with trial and error and failure. But now we tie our shoes without even thinking about it. And some of us can tie our shoes and be confident that we forgot. So much of what we know we take for granted now.

The point is, children are most often "in the moment." Whether they are playing or resting, they live in the moment. While learning how to tie their shoes, they are NOT thinking about paying the rent, and neither are they burdened by "adult worries of life." Children have the natural ability to "be present." Do you remember what that is like?

As adults, we do the exact opposite. We can't stand boredom. We can't stand to sit alone and be still. When we are talking with friends. we are also texting other friends. We can't stand to be present, or take the time to day-dream.

If you want time to "slow down" then I have two suggestions for you. First, decide to learn a new body of knowledge or a new skill. This will help focus your mind on the moment. Second, develop the practice of being in the moment. Be Present!

1. Notice your surroundings. (I learned this from Mr. Green Jeans on the TV show "Captain Kangaroo.") Go outside and just stand there. And try to hear all the sounds of the city and nature. What do you hear? Dog's barking, airplanes overhead, machine noises, birds chirping, horns honking, cats meowing. Sit on a park bench. Sit very still. Don't read. Just sit still and notice your surroundings: joggers, runners, kids flying kites, boats on the river, the crew team in training, men playing rugby, and children laughing.

2. Focus on one thing at a time. Don't multitask. Don't read a newspaper, don't text your friends. Put the phone on airplane mode. Do something that requires your full attention and give it your full attention. If something distracts you, return your attention to the task at hand.

3. Be grateful for what you have now. Part of living in the moment is taking the time to be grateful for what you have now (not in the past or in the future.) If you are constantly focused on what you don't have, you aren't taking the time to appreciate what you have now, IN THIS MOMENT.

4. Show acceptance. If you want to learn how to be more present, you need to let go of how you think things should be.

Perhaps others in this thread can offer suggestions concerning how to stay in the moment. Once you learn how to "be present" time will flow at its normal pace.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what you experienced. When I was a new believer, I could hear the accusations against me in my own mind. The accusations went away when I began to put my trust in his saving grace. I don't know, I suspect all new believers encounter heart-agonizing doubt. But as we mature in the faith, the doubts and the "mental accusations" subside.

If not that, perhaps you were demon-possessed. In truth, when the Bible speaks about demon possession it typically means "demon oppression." I have never experienced this but I'm sure others can attest to this from personal experience. This kind of thing needs an exorcist.

Finally, as someone here already indicated, hearing voices is common for those with particular mental health problems. And this phenomenon is treatable.

The sense that time is speeding up is a common phenomenon among older people. Time isn't actually speeding up, it just seems that way to older people like me. When I was a kid, for instance, the Summers were so long and beautiful and fun. Now they just seem to fly by. Why? When we are young, our thirst for knowledge is insatiable and every little experience was an opportunity to learn something new. Much of what we know now was new when we were young.

Remember what it was like when you first learned how to tie your shoes? It took a lot of practice along with trial and error and failure. But now we tie our shoes without even thinking about it. And some of us can tie our shoes and be confident that we forgot. So much of what we know we take for granted now.

The point is, children are most often "in the moment." Whether they are playing or resting, they live in the moment. While learning how to tie their shoes, they are NOT thinking about paying the rent, and neither are they burdened by "adult worries of life." Children have the natural ability to "be present." Do you remember what that is like?

As adults, we do the exact opposite. We can't stand boredom. We can't stand to sit alone and be still. When we are talking with friends. we are also texting other friends. We can't stand to be present, or take the time to day-dream.

If you want time to "slow down" then I have two suggestions for you. First, decide to learn a new body of knowledge or a new skill. This will help focus your mind on the moment. Second, develop the practice of being in the moment. Be Present!

1. Notice your surroundings. (I learned this from Mr. Green Jeans on the TV show "Captain Kangaroo.") Go outside and just stand there. And try to hear all the sounds of the city and nature. What do you hear? Dog's barking, airplanes overhead, machine noises, birds chirping, horns honking, cats meowing. Sit on a park bench. Sit very still. Don't read. Just sit still and notice your surroundings: joggers, runners, kids flying kites, boats on the river, the crew team in training, men playing rugby, and children laughing.

2. Focus on one thing at a time. Don't multitask. Don't read a newspaper, don't text your friends. Put the phone on airplane mode. Do something that requires your full attention and give it your full attention. If something distracts you, return your attention to the task at hand.

3. Be grateful for what you have now. Part of living in the moment is taking the time to be grateful for what you have now (not in the past or in the future.) If you are constantly focused on what you don't have, you aren't taking the time to appreciate what you have now, IN THIS MOMENT.

4. Show acceptance. If you want to learn how to be more present, you need to let go of how you think things should be.

Perhaps others in this thread can offer suggestions concerning how to stay in the moment. Once you learn how to "be present" time will flow at its normal pace.
Yeah sure but time is still definitely being sped up.

And yeah the false concept of making as much money as you possibly can is definitely a reason why time speeds up

I suppose what I want to know is, what am I living for? Once my parents die what reason do I have to be here? I don't have a partner or children and what is gained by working for another 30-40 years or just taking the inheritance money and trying to find something to do in my older years.

Really, the way to be happy is being young and not knowing or caring about religion or the fear based concept of sin.

And finally. Dear God. I am bored, tired and anxious after all the stuff I have repeatedly mentioned and sick of this same old routine. So please just take my soul or give me a job/large amount of money so I can do something with my life rather than a daily pittance or nothing.

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To divide, render apart, split asunder, disunity…to me this doesn’t have such a diabolical evil plan attached to it. For example
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

We speak of to divide, to render apart, to split asunder, disunity…as some people on one side and some on the other. but to me Peter was given over to satan(to separate in Peter), to the sword to separate Peter from his old ways, to separate his old thoughts, entering into the heart…circumcision of the heart in the removal of Peters high-mindedness, superiority over his brothers, his vain jangling of judgment against his brothers… envy, hatred, backbiting, gossiping the rendering apart from the spirit of fear again unto bondage—>separated unto the Spirit God gives of Power, of Love, and of a sound mind. We say …it is God dividing people from people. Yet the dividing, split asunder, rendering apart, disunity…the outcome was “unity” of Spirit instead of disunity of the flesh : in strengthen (Help, comfort) your brothers Peter. Rendering apart from, split asunder, divided from death unto Life. A new heart? helps brothers (edifying brothers) not destroying them.
The action of dividing, rendering asunder, etc., isn't the evil in and of itself, but can be a sign to alert us to the presence and action of evil. Not all dividing, rendering asunder, etc., is from evil. Evil, remember, is not a thing in and of itself, just like darkness is not a thing in and of itself. Both are a privation (absence or lack) of something. Darkness is a privation of light. Evil is a privation of good. Usually, when evil is present, it seeks to divide people, groups, countries, regions, etc., from one another. Jesus is a unifier. He wishes that all were one, as He and the Father are one.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The action of dividing, rendering asunder, etc., isn't the evil in and of itself, but can be a sign to alert us to the presence and action of evil. Not all dividing, rendering asunder, etc., is from evil. Evil, remember, is not a thing in and of itself, just like darkness is not a thing in and of itself. Both are a privation (absence or lack) of something. Darkness is a privation of light. Evil is a privation of good. Usually, when evil is present, it seeks to divide people, groups, countries, regions, etc., from one another. Jesus is a unifier. He wishes that all were one, as He and the Father are one.
Not to sidetrack the thread, I’ll leave that subject be. It does help taking a look at these things. (Imo). Someone once told me to stay out of the OT because the God there…was different from Jesus. Well I went there anyways. And I’m not sorry I did. I was thinking about it last night how much I’ve forgotten of a time where I googled being destroyed by God. And why does God hate me. Googling for others who had experienced the same. I also wrote a book titled: the destructive power of God…which is unpublished now. Point is…I’d forgotten how I found this board in the first place…it was while googling for answers on Gods hatred coming across a thread “why did God make me ugly.” That is how I found this board. Probably about six years ago, maybe longer. I had forgotten until thinking back on how I felt then. I hope I don’t go back there. Because that was miserable.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to sidetrack the thread, I’ll leave that subject be. It does help taking a look at these things. (Imo). Someone once told me to stay out of the OT because the God there…was different from Jesus. Well I went there anyways. And I’m not sorry I did. I was thinking about it last night how much I’ve forgotten of a time where I googled being destroyed by God. And why does God hate me. Googling for others who had experienced the same. I also wrote a book titled: the destructive power of God…which is unpublished now. Point is…I’d forgotten how I found this board in the first place…it was while googling for answers on Gods hatred coming across a thread “why did God make me ugly.” That is how I found this board. Probably about six years ago, maybe longer. I had forgotten until thinking back on how I felt then. I hope I don’t go back there. Because that was miserable.
I hear you. My view is that everyone has a backstory, usually that we don't know, that can explain why they think what they think, etc.

Here's something to think about, thought... The Old Testament, believe it or not, is every much a part of the expression of the Word of God as the New Testament. In fact, without the Old Testament, one cannot fully understand the New Testsament. And without the New Testament, one cannot fully understand the Old Testament. The Old Testament prefigured Christ and Christ's new and final Covenant with man. The New Testament fulfilled the Old Testament. This is why we should never have a religious Jew teaching the Old Testament in a seminary. He will never fully understand the Old Testament without the New Testament. The Scriptures are an expression of the Word of God. The Word of God, strictly speaking, is not a book. It is Somebody, namely Jesus Christ. See the beginning of the Gospel of John that says, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." He's clearly speaking of Jesus here.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah sure but time is still definitely being sped up.
What makes you say this?
And yeah the false concept of making as much money as you possibly can is definitely a reason why time speeds up
What does making money have to do with it?
I suppose what I want to know is, what am I living for?
That's for you to discover, but if you are asking me, I discovered that God placed me here on earth to learn wisdom.
Once my parents die what reason do I have to be here? I don't have a partner or children and what is gained by working for another 30-40 years or just taking the inheritance money and trying to find something to do in my older years.
Solomon would agree with you. (Have you read Ecclesiastes?) All is futile in his view. Take note of the opening lines

The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,
“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.”
3 What advantage does man have in all his work
Which he does under the sun?
4 A generation goes and a generation comes,
But the earth remains forever.
5 Also, the sun rises and the sun sets;
And hastening to its place it rises there again.

The word "vanity" is something like "pointless" or "futile." The clearest sign of futility in our lifetime is a shopping cart full of food and toilet paper.

Even learning wisdom is a futile endeavor, according to Solomon because both the fool and the sagacious are subject to death. What is the point of learning all that wisdom? Why not spend whatever time you have on earth in pleasurable indulgence? At least we can have a good time before we die, Right?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer to the ultimate question. If God were to grant a man eternal life, then life wouldn't be futile. Life is the solution to futility. We live in the hope of eternal life.

If you want something to do, find someone else who is doing something and offer to lend a hand.
Really, the way to be happy is being young and not knowing or caring about religion or the fear based concept of sin.
Did I say that? I don't think I did. Get real.
And finally. Dear God. I am bored, tired and anxious after all the stuff I have repeatedly mentioned and sick of this same old routine. So please just take my soul or give me a job/large amount of money so I can do something with my life rather than a daily pittance or nothing.
Job's wife told him "Curse God and die already." She hated to see him suffer. But Job would not do that. Why? Because his integrity was of more value to him than being relieved of his suffering.

God doesn't want you to have a lot of money. He would not curse you this way. What would you do with a large amount of money? Would you start a farm somewhere and feed people? Or would you occupy your days in a dark bar somewhere?

While you think about that, learn a new skill.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah sure but time is still definitely being sped up

What makes you say this?

What does making money have to do with it?

That's for you to discover, but if you are asking me, I discovered that God placed me here on earth to learn wisdom.

Solomon would agree with you. (Have you read Ecclesiastes?) All is futile in his view. Take note of the opening lines

The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,
“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.”
3 What advantage does man have in all his work
Which he does under the sun?
4 A generation goes and a generation comes,
But the earth remains forever.
5 Also, the sun rises and the sun sets;
And hastening to its place it rises there again.

The word "vanity" is something like "pointless" or "futile." The clearest sign of futility in our lifetime is a shopping cart full of food and toilet paper.

Even learning wisdom is a futile endeavor, according to Solomon because both the fool and the sagacious are subject to death. What is the point of learning all that wisdom? Why not spend whatever time you have on earth in pleasurable indulgence? At least we can have a good time before we die, Right?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer to the ultimate question. If God were to grant a man eternal life, then life wouldn't be futile. Life is the solution to futility. We live in the hope of eternal life.

If you want something to do, find someone else who is doing something and offer to lend a hand.

Did I say that? I don't think I did. Get real.

Job's wife told him "Curse God and die already." She hated to see him suffer. But Job would not do that. Why? Because his integrity was of more value to him than being relieved of his suffering.

God doesn't want you to have a lot of money. He would not curse you this way. What would you do with a large amount of money? Would you start a farm somewhere and feed people? Or would you occupy your days in a dark bar somewhere?

While you think about that, learn a new skill.
I didn't say you said anything.

And yes I do want a lot of money. It's certainly preferable to having Satan unleashed upon me. You get more bees with honey not acid.

Really, putting someone through months of supernatural death threats etc does not make them love God. Quite the opposite in fact.

Simply put, since I can't go back to a time before the supernatural stuff, God should really either heal me to the point that I forget all about it or just take my soul. Because really if he hadn't done that I wouldn't be here and instead I would be a lot better off

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And yes I do want a lot of money. It's certainly preferable to having Satan unleashed upon me. You get more bees with honey not acid.

@Apache1,

You've now spent some days and 6 Pages of your Thread, pouring your ACID on God for all of us to see.
He saw it also.
The blame, the hate, the defiance.
He's seen it before.
You're not the first, nor the last.

But here is the thing..
God loves you,.....unconditionally, and forever.
Jesus died for you, to Prove it.
And God always will love you, no matter how you behave, or what you say or do next.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes physical things manifest that we have no control over. Perhaps it is the same with apache.
This is an extreme case I'm using for an example. but does anyone remember Charles Whitman/ I remember the name from childhood because I was so shocked someone would do this. Whitman was shooting people from a tower at a university. He died there, too.

Bringing the story of Whitman to this forum, we would probably gets answers like how Satan ruled over this guy, and tons of condemnation. An autopsy was done. He had a huge brain tumor--a physical manifestation to cloud his thinking process.
We are not all whole.
I wish some of you could muster some empathy for the mentally ill. I'm sure not holding my breath.

Reactions: Nancy and Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When ALL is said & done it is a person's CHOICE to either seek physical help from professionals or healing from God or both !

I have lived with & around folks whom have suffered from mental illnesses not crazy/insane but Bi-polar, Paranoia, Schizophrenia, depression, anxiety ect. since early adulthood. There is hope in both courses for a calming of the hurt & chatter of mental issues.

That being said, the word has also been expressed, I agree @Cassandra not always in love & kindness but God never fails to take account & keep a record !

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Apache1,

You've now spent some days and 6 Pages of your Thread, pouring your ACID on God for all of us to see.
He saw it also.
The blame, the hate, the defiance.
He's seen it before.
You're not the first, nor the last.

But here is the thing..
God loves you,.....unconditionally, and forever.
Jesus died for you, to Prove it.
And God always will love you, no matter how you behave, or what you say or do next.
Here is the thing.

You need to stop posting rude responses and go and work on being a better human being

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes physical things manifest that we have no control over. Perhaps it is the same with apache.
This is an extreme case I'm using for an example. but does anyone remember Charles Whitman/ I remember the name from childhood because I was so shocked someone would do this. Whitman was shooting people from a tower at a university. He died there, too.

Bringing the story of Whitman to this forum, we would probably gets answers like how Satan ruled over this guy, and tons of condemnation. An autopsy was done. He had a huge brain tumor--a physical manifestation to cloud his thinking process.
We are not all whole.
I wish some of you could muster some empathy for the mentally ill. I'm sure not holding my breath.
Sadly people like Behold just cannot understand that it is not acceptable to victim blame and they are perfectly happy to act holier than thou and be all judgemental.

Reactions: Cassandra

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Deprivation is a predator that Christians can evade.

Rather than catastrophising about the lack of prosperity, Habakkuk trusts God to help him rise above the unfortunate circumstances that might otherwise overwhelm him. Jesus also taught to seek His Kingdom before all else, The Apostle Paul instructed to give thanks to God in ALL things.

In the narrative below from the Old Testament Prophet Habakkuk, the picture is of a sure-footed deer or hind being chased by predators, but having the ability to use its front feet to find secure footholds before bringing its back-feet up to them, the deer is able to swiftly climb higher than the predators and escape from them.

Metaphorical Message For Those In Need

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not blossom, and their be no fruit be on the vines; though the labour of the olive fail, and there be no crops in the fields; though the sheep be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: (18) Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. (19) The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon my high places.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's great except he didn't have to deal with months of supernatural death threats and a non stop barking dog when trying to work

So again, I need either God to just take my soul or give me a job/money and to not speed up time. And before anyone says who are you to make demands of God, I didn't ask to be put through all that supernatural stuff. I was perfectly happy and certainly did not go around "pouring your acid on God for all to see"

Alright, a question. If God wants someone to stop smoking, is the way to do it non stop noise for years and supernatural death threats etc or is there a better way to do it?

Last edited: