How can I have peace and joy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
- Philippians 4:4
34642225_1216499895153848_2062701131015913472_n.jpg

Reading this verse, I pondered in my heart: God asks us to rejoice ever more, but I don’t have peace and joy because I often have troubles and feel miserable for the failures of work. How can I have peace and joy? Later, I read some of God’s words, “‘Rejoice ever more. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks.’ … These words are practical, and in the process by which people’s lives grow, they are practices that are indispensable, and the most practical. They are the states that people should possess, the path to practice that they should possess, and they are an attitude of obedience to God. Above all they are an attitude, and when you have this attitude you are blessed by God and accepted by God, and at the same time the states within you—the negative, depraved, and rebellious states–these negative things will become fewer and fewer, and the states will take a better and better direction.” From God’s words I understood that rejoicing ever more represents an attitude of obedience. When we obey God’s sovereignty and arrangements, we will feel that the environments, people, things and matters God carefully arranges are for our growing up in life, and feel that God is full of love for us. Conversely, if we are dissatisfied with the environments God arranges and cannot see His love, then we won’t have peace and joy. Instead, our hearts will be filled with pain and grievances, and even complaint about God. And so, obeying God’s sovereignty and arrangements is the precondition for rejoicing ever more, which is a path by which we obey God. Amen!

Katherine

May 29, 2018
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing. Recently i have been unhappy for the sake of my work. I really need to read God's words often.

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
34642225_1216499895153848_2062701131015913472_n.jpg

Reading this verse, I pondered in my heart: God asks us to rejoice ever more, but I don’t have peace and joy because I often have troubles and feel miserable for the failures of work. How can I have peace and joy? Later, I read some of God’s words, “‘Rejoice ever more. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks.’ … These words are practical, and in the process by which people’s lives grow, they are practices that are indispensable, and the most practical. They are the states that people should possess, the path to practice that they should possess, and they are an attitude of obedience to God. Above all they are an attitude, and when you have this attitude you are blessed by God and accepted by God, and at the same time the states within you—the negative, depraved, and rebellious states–these negative things will become fewer and fewer, and the states will take a better and better direction.” From God’s words I understood that rejoicing ever more represents an attitude of obedience. When we obey God’s sovereignty and arrangements, we will feel that the environments, people, things and matters God carefully arranges are for our growing up in life, and feel that God is full of love for us. Conversely, if we are dissatisfied with the environments God arranges and cannot see His love, then we won’t have peace and joy. Instead, our hearts will be filled with pain and grievances, and even complaint about God. And so, obeying God’s sovereignty and arrangements is the precondition for rejoicing ever more, which is a path by which we obey God. Amen!

Thank God. Thank you so much. God be with you often

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to be realistic.
Not every circumstance is nice and not every one is rejoicing.
But even amid sorrow we can trust in the hope we have in Jesus and find peace and contentment there.
Our happiness isn't based on good reports at work, having a comfortable lifestyle or fashionable friends.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings, Alice Chen.

Let me take a slightly different tack for you. If you don't agree then no harm done. But I personally think that if you continue seeking God in prayer for a job that is in His perfect will for you, you can actually avoid a lot of unnecessary discouragement. Certainly you need to walk with a sense of responsibility and duty towards whatever job you have now, but always be seeking God in prayer for when something better might come available. I don't make the most money at what I do, but it pays the bills and I am always free to hear from the voice of God, always free to mediate on the scriptures or what He is calling me to do, and thus always at peace. And no one messes with me.

Not saying look to abandon your job on a whim. I'm just encouraging you that He may have something better for you if you continue to be persistent in prayer, keep your eyes open, and remain patient.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I have peace and joy?
Hi dear Sister Alice Chen. I suppose I can begin with the fact we're not promised a bed of roses. I think it's wonderful you find solace in reading the blessed word of God.

You are not alone. King David said it this way in:
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

1 Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me (Paul), even as I also am of Christ. (Are we up to the task?)

2Co 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2Co 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

2Co 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
2Co 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2Co 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
2Co 11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

God bless you in Jesus' name. :)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alice dear! Despair not. We are called to be soldiers of the cross. By the anointing we are strengthened. Look about you Alice. The Holy Spirit is with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Be lifted up by His presence. I am old now and have suffered much loss but Jesus has never failed me nor will He fail you. ALL WILL BE WELL. You must believe that whether you can see it or not He has a way for you. Those that wait for Him will not be forsaken. God bless you and may your heart be comforted.

Times of refreshing will come for you by the visitation and increase of the spirit of God.
FHL_0-360x640.jpg

Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. I always say put on the garment of praise for the varmit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 KJVS
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified.

FB_IMG_1522105271941-405x720.jpg

FB_IMG_1513626664995-1080x1920.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
The Greek word for evil is πονος (ponos), which comes from the verb πενομαι (penomai), meaning to toil or labor, which comes down to having to do activities out of need rather than because your heart inspires you. Upon the fall of man, God cursed mankind with death, but what commentators often forget to mention is that having to toil and do things out of necessity rather than passion is the precursor of death..." Death and tax and evil in the New Testament