How Can You Escape Drama?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could really use some advice on that right now because I keep being pulled into it right now and I'm seriously trying to escape it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could really use some advice on that right now because I keep being pulled into it right now and I'm seriously trying to escape it.

The "keep being pulled into drama" feeling is the feeling of the brain's desire for the dopamine rush that occurs when one engages in the drama. Force yourself to step back from it, and that feeling will eventually fade away, as the brain plasticizes to the new mindset.

Of course, some things may be pretty deeply imbedded, and we may be stuck with them, we just have to recognize and refuse unhealthy behaviors.

Much love!

Reactions: April_Rose

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you also will need to carefully discern the people in your life who are actual generators of drama. Many of them aren't even aware of it; and they are often people very close to us like parents, siblings, neighbors or close friends. The enemy actually uses these people to cause disruption and upheaval in our lives.

Once you have truly made the decision at a deep soul/subconscious level that you are done with drama, you will gradually begin moving further and further away from these types of people, places and activities. When that happens, you will also be able to detect much more quickly when that personality type begins to enter your life and will experience a discomfort for interactions with them. It is like a strong preference, or a firm resolve, not to interact with that energy signature. Just like the affinity that develops over time for studying the Bible, once you become more and more familiar with peace, your tolerance for drama will become less and less.

Don't feel bad about embracing more peaceful people and situations; God is all about peace and wants you to have nothing to do with drama. He will reward those who embrace, practice and create peace in this world.

(Matthew 5:9) "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

I also firmly believe that those who discover deep peace, like in nature and the enjoyment of reading the Bible in silence, discover a much closer, and deeper, connection to God. Those environments are where He resides. He will meet you in great silence; where the worries and stresses of the world fade away.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Drama in real life or on the forum ?
On the forum, No one pulls us into anything, it is ourselves that often finds it difficult to step back and walk away. In real life it’s slightly more complicated because we can be pulled into drama just by being somewhere, especially within families and in groups of friends, or at work.
I process things differently now that I am older, but can still be pulled in at work and within family, but then I tend to pray because I am often in the middle and hear different prospectives….for me only The Lord knows the truth of ‘ what happened ‘ ……
On the forum, it is often reactionary ………it’s easy to get drawn in when something or someone hits a nerve. If you don’t place distance between a response the your emotions will dictate an answer. Or if someone takes offence…… sometimes people don’t really consider what others are saying, don’t give a chance to self examine all they want is justification for something.

When my oldest was a teenager, and I was in my 30’s we would both want the last word in arguments, so the dramas often continued …… thankfully we both grew up !

Reactions: amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's on the forum. I had a fight with somebody and I was just trying to get back to normal and apologize to her but she did something really, really mean and I don't think we can ever be friends again now. :'(

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that in forum life many walk away from people just because they have said something they don’t like……is that really the best way, how we deal with issues with others can really teach us much about ourselves. People, including ourselves, need to put space between arguments and consider what is important…..always agreeing or allowing others and ourselves to sometimes have different opinions on things, but not allowing it to create barriers in friendship. This is something I have learned through my mistakes within forums………
If this person was a valid friend beforehand,then consider why …….did they do something nasty, or something you didn’t like because it hit a nerve or wasn’t what you expected. We often think of how others should respond to us, then when they don’t we can’t handle it, so the quickest thought is to ‘ block them ‘ ……Somethings take time to work through and come through the other side with friendship. The messy, the drama can often be a great learning curve………
Remember that strife is what the enemy desires, especially between brothers and sisters in Christ. Rita

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed that in forum life many walk away from people just because they have said something they don’t like……is that really the best way, how we deal with issues with others can really teach us much about ourselves. People, including ourselves, need to put space between arguments and consider what is important…..always agreeing or allowing others and ourselves to sometimes have different opinions on things, but not allowing it to create barriers in friendship. This is something I have learned through my mistakes within forums………
If this person was a valid friend beforehand,then consider why …….did they do something nasty, or something you didn’t like because it hit a nerve or wasn’t what you expected. We often think of how others should respond to us, then when they don’t we can’t handle it, so the quickest thought is to ‘ block them ‘ ……Somethings take time to work through and come through the other side with friendship. The messy, the drama can often be a great learning curve………
Remember that strife is what the enemy desires, especially between brothers and sisters in Christ. Rita

Trust me she did something really bad that's bordering the line of bullying and harassment. I can PM you about if you want me to.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Resist not evil ; Jesus said
If someone smites you on the cheek turn to them the other;
Do good to those who hate you; pray for those who persecute you; or despitefully use you.
Pray and forgive; if restoration is made great if not; love either way and continue on about your life.

No choice is difficult; unless you make it difficult.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Resist not evil ; Jesus said
If someone smites you on the cheek turn to them the other;
Do good to those who hate you; pray for those who persecute you; or despitefully use you.
Pray and forgive; if restoration is made great if not; love either way and continue on about your life.

No choice is difficult; unless you make it difficult.

I want to but that really is hard to do right now. :'(

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Jesus Christ it's not. I can't cater to your needs unfortunately.

I do not know if it is real life or just an internet problem.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry April, but I would only be getting one side of the story and it would create a triangle with me in the middle …….I did just see another thread where you admitted that you had hurt her feelings and asked for prayer support …….hurting people hurt people.
It sounds as if there are perhaps failings on both sides x

I really hope the issue can be worked through, but perhaps it should be privately between you and the other member. Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Trust me she did something really bad that's bordering the line of bullying and harassment. I can PM you about if you want me to.
If you don't want drama, you cull it. Culling it means not passing it around attempting to justify oneself in the process. It means not being a contributor.....it means taking the back seat.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well no one in life is perfect, and not everyone in life is going to love you for who you are; or it might be the same vice versa. The only answer to the solution is to look towards the Lord Jesus Christ; forgive move forward. I do not know what to say.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks guys I'll just try and get some sleep now then.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this :

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. 6 But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; 7 and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.

I have had my fair share of sufferings and still do. Do not think you are alone in the suffering, it part of suffering for Christ to let go our our ways, and look towards Gods ways.

To forgive, to have mercy, to love, to have peace.

Call out and pray to the Father, and ask God to help and lift whoever it is up to him to help them.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
April, this is just an observation………you started a thread that relayed you and others were able to resolve issues without the need of ‘ the staff ‘ ……….then later on that day a thread gets out of hand and you cannot resolve it straight away…… now you use the words ‘cyber bullying ‘ …………could this be a lesson in the reality that actually we cannot always resolve things……..was there pride when you posted the initial thread ?
Often when we boast about something, it comes back to bite us !!
Satan prowls around like a roaring lion ………Pride comes before a fall ! ( I have had to learn this a lot over the years ) ………..

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April, this is just an observation………you started a thread that relayed you and others were able to resolve issues without the need of ‘ the staff ‘ ……….then later on that day a thread gets out of hand and you cannot resolve it straight away…… now you use the words ‘cyber bullying ‘ …………could this be a lesson in the reality that actually we cannot always resolve things……..was there pride when you posted the initial thread ?
Often when we boast about something, it comes back to bite us !!
Satan prowls around like a roaring lion ………Pride comes before a fall ! ( I have had to learn this a lot over the years ) ………..

Yes, I agree,.. but that was another member that I had resolved an issue with. I have to start getting ready for bed though.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodnight.

We all make mistakes and this is why we run and look towards the Lord Jesus Christ.

In Christ Jesus is found; love; non-judgement; acceptance of who you are; that in Christ Jesus by and through the spirit; of Christ Jesus living with-in us; Jesus never sins; thus to forgive; mercy; love, peace, forbearance. Strive to keep your mind on heavenly things sister.

I know how difficult is in this world... None of are good; and none of us are better than other. God is the only one whom is Good according to the Son of God. THE ONLY SOLUTION. Period. Jesus Christ gives us peace that is not the type of peace the world itself gives.

Have faith and love; and have Christian love for others; that Jesus Christ has shown to the world.