Jesus said "pray!" but people aren't praying! If they did, they would pray what He asked... let's pray! (heartfelt?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So Jesus plainly said "pray that you be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man" (gospels, from memory). But are people praying that? I don't think so! Not continually anyway. This is serious! This is life-changing! Stand with me and pray. Pray that people pray, pray that people keep praying. How are we going to escape if we don't keep asking to escape? How are we going to stand, if we don't keep praying that we stand? You have years and decades left to commit to prayer - even if the rapture and the tribulation never happen in your lifetime. After all, Jesus said "everyone will be tested with fire, every sacrifice seasoned with salt" (gospel, from memory) - that means something is going to affect you, whether its specifically the rapture or the tribulation or not. At least if you've prayed, you've learned to see it coming, learned to lean in to the struggle. Won't you be rewarded in Heaven, if your words ended saving those who later were tested, the way the Bible promised?

You are not going to get the experience necessary, unless you pray: please pray!

"Dear Lord, I pray that I be counted worthy to escape the things to come, and to stand before You, the Son of Man, in Jesus' Name Amen."

Thanks.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we make it through this life unless we pray.
Yes indeed let us heed all the pure and holy instructions that were left to us in that lovely bible .
To the trenches debp , its all out war for the souls of men in this last hour upon earth .
Be in prayer , be in the scriptures , be learning and growing by the grace of GOD , the supply of the SPIRIT
by which GOD giveth gifts for edification unto the body . We are in an all out war , a war
that has been through all ages , but one that hits a peak in the last hour .
JESUS has already DEFEATED , OVERCAME and CONQUERED all that was needed to be done .
Let our hope and trust , our faith be IN HIM . The LORD is with the lambs and shall be with us
no matter what cometh against us , through it all , even in prison and even at the hour of the death of this body .
THE LORD is our hope and our salvation . This world offers us no hope , its men offer us no hope
its govts offer us no hope . JESUS IS OUR HOPE and in this life we will have tribulations
but in HIM peace . BE of GOOD CHEER no matter how harsh it might look in this life
REMEMBERING always JESUS OVERCAME it all , OUR FAITH IN HIM does OVERCOME .
The battle rages on and the blood of lambs has been spilled through all generations .
JESUS was WITH THEM , HE IS THE SAME , HE WILL BE WITH US . Now hit them trenches debp . ITS LORD PRAISING
and thanking TIME . And stay instant in prayer .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get a welcome and a respect, for your prayer (that you be delivered and are able to stand) isn't that a good thing?
Well it is indeed . Not saying this about you , but i do have to say it anway .
SO long as that prayer never goes against that which would please GOD .
Now the reason i do say this , is because often i have seen prayer requests in places
and they seem to be hug on the prosperity claim it n name it
or their request might be something very contrary to GOD indeed .
But again i was not saying that about your prayer request at all . This was just a friendly reminder to all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ we have all we need . He is our hope and salvation and has given us the comforter
by which we are taught of Him . let us not be distracted by that which surrounds us in the world .
Let us rather be diligent in the scriptures to stir one another up and in prayer
and being hearers and doers of the Word . The SPIRIT supplies us both the desires from GOD
by which we do the things pleasing to HIM . IF any voice , person , spirit comes and speaks
a word that is contrary to what GOD has said , then that voice must not be heeded .
Test the spirits and heed not the flesh . Remember , THE SPIRIT gives us the desire and ability
to Do the things PLEASING , acceptable to GOD . Sin is not pleasing nor acceptable to GOD .
The flesh is contrary . It will pop thoughts that are contrary to GOD into the mind
but the SPIRIT reminds us , THIS IS NOT pleasing to GOD , and thus DO NOT HEED that thought .
We must heed the SPIRIT and not the contrary flesh . And GOD has given us
the power to do so THROUGH and IN JESUS CHRIST . ONLY, let us HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
IF we would return to daily bible reading , this will help us greatly . Those words , by power of the SPIRIT ,
will remind us , will stir us up to remembrance , will build us up by the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT
which indwells the lambs . Get well dug in the scriptures again my friends .