How close is your relationship with god

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
How close is your relationship with god, I am very close to god he is very close to me

Few weeks ago,I was worried about people I want every one to make it to heaven I was praying to god about it

I fall to floor on my hands and knees my whole body became tense I could feel the power god working in me it lasted a few minutes, in just a few minutes god had change my heart about it, I have never worried about people since

After would my mind and every part of my body felt clean pure sparkly clean

The power of prayer and the power of god, working in us his children he loves us

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
How close is your relationship with god, I am very close to god he is very close to me

Few weeks ago,I was worried about people I want every one to make it to heaven I was praying to god about it

I fall to floor on my hands and knees my whole body became tense I could feel the power god working in me it lasted a few minutes, in just a few minutes god had change my heart about it, I have never worried about people since

The power of prayer and the power of god, working in us his children he loves us

It sounds like you are really pouring out your heart to God. That is encouraging to me, because when I lead worship, I have to remember that it is my lifestyle of worship and vulnerability to God every day that is going to be reflected on stage.

It's great we can rest in the sovereignty of God and not stress about even things that are important and difficult. Thanks for sharing that.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few weeks ago, I was worried about people...
You had a nice experience. :)

This will sound smug - it is not - in reference to your story and question -
I am close enough to God that I never worry about one solitary thing, ever.
And do not believe in that word, nor "unbelievable"; those words are like fingernails on a chalkboard
to a renewed mind - I wish they didn't exist in human minds, let alone -spoken or written.

Cast your cares
Give him your burdens
Do not worry
You may ask for anything in my name
Before they call I will answer
He keeps him in perfect peace that stays his mind on me ....

Worry?

God and I are like "this".

Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

:)

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

That's just awesome brother! :lol:

Be Blessed!

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
I would like to think that I am very close to God...but I know I'm not as close as I should be. I feel like everyone could work on that, though, really. :) (No offense intended towards anyone, of course; but none of us are Jesus. We're all sinners, and we aren't perfect. ^^) Also, while I'm glad that you're able you get rid of the worry, I do think that there should be concern for the salvation of all people. Not actively worrying about it or anything, but definitely a spiritual want for everyone to be God's children, and a want to strive to lead everyone possible to Christ. :)

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008

That aint noth---------------------

God died And rose for me. AND NOTHIN CAN top that....!!! :)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How close is my relationship with God?

Not as close as I'd like, but apparently it's right on the money as far as God is concerned.

I confess that there have been times when I wrestled with Him, and like Jacob I lost. Even have scars on my flesh to prove it.

The hardest thing about my experience with God is attempting to get fools to believe in the simple message of God's intent to reconcile differences with men, to live in their lives and to bless them here and now as well as later on.

It didn't seem to be so hard years ago. Way back in the beginning I even accompanied a group to witness at biker bars. Turned out to be a good experience. They had their heads screwed firmly on their shoulders and they knew they were sinners. It's easier to explain things when a man knows where he is in the scheme of things.

Today, not so much.

Either there is an explosion of spiritual arrogance in the world or there are a lot more fools around than there used to be. Maybe both, I don't know.
It seems that the inmates run the asylum these days.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rating scale of 10

1 being no relationship and 10 being .........

How are we supposed rate how close our relationship is to God??

He is closer to all of us than we can imagine

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
There are times when I ahve been very close to God, I eman 11 out of 10 and at other times it feels like he is so far away but I never give up on him, even when my life is a mess and it feels like I am cursed. In fact I think Aspen made a good point when he said that sometimes God is closer than we think. A good example of this is the story of the man who walked through the desert and soemtiems there were two sets of footprints and at other times, wehn things were hard there was only on set. when the man got to the end of the desert he asked Jesus why this was and Jesus told him that it was in the hard times that Jesus was carrying him/