How Do I Pray with Power?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you honored us by listening to the message, did you like the bloopers?

• Yes, keep them in

• It wasn't really professional or funny

• I could take it or leave it

Results are only viewable after voting.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying with power is praying with faith.

Jesus said when you pray BELIEVING.......you get the answer.

So, its BELIEVING Prayer, that is the power, and its God's will that He answers them.
God only does his will. If not then it is to your own demise. Simply praying in faith is nothing. Praying for God's will to be done is power. He will surely do it and it will be to the good of things. Praying for your own will is foolish at times. How is faith connected? Seeing that there are two kinds of faith. One that is your own and one that is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold.
Pentecostal beliefs are not a denomination, but are received by faith in Christ and God's words, from OT to NT.

How biased you are. I'm Pentecostal and am baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidience of speaking in an unknown...to me....language.
I AM NOT CONFUSED.

I have only the gift of teaching for edifying the church.
My prayer time is often when the Spirit speaks to the Father on my behalf, as scripture states.
Please do not try to restrict ppl beliefs bc of your lack of knowledge !

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God only does his will.

While it is true that we are to pray according to God's will, it is also true that we have a free will, and most of the time our Prayers are for trouble to be relieved, or for healing to manifest.
So, it is always God's will to help His Children.
Praying according to God's Will, is to understand that God's ear is our hope, and God's help is our security.

Are you a parent, yet?
If not and you become one, you will find that Children have their own will, and Christians who are the Children of God, have their own will.
God's Will for the born again, would be for our wisdom to be increased, our health to be maintained, and for our discipleship to be perfected.

Some have this idea that God wants you broke and sick. This is the heretic's "poverty Gospel", and they will tell you that you are made more spiritual if you are sick and broke.
I'll tell you that you will be made more bitter, and bitter does not make you better.

There can be a "vow of poverty", and you can make yourself a "eunuch", but, that is similar to a Ministry Call, and there is a sanctification for that, which is not the usual.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold.
How biased you are. I'm Pentecostal and am baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidience of speaking in an unknown...to me....language.
I AM NOT CONFUSED.

Hang in there.....as i didnt say that its confusing to be a Charismatic-Pentecostal.......I said they are confused regarding understanding the difference between "the Gift of Tongues" and a "prayer language".
See, you were confused by my saying that, because you are a Pentecostal.

Notice, There is a reason that Paul teaches that "Tongues are for a sign" and "signs are for the Jews"....in 1st Corinthians. and you didnt know that..

I have a Thread here, posted a year ago, that teaches a lot about what you dont understand, regarding the chaos that is the misunderstanding, between Gifts of the Spirit and other things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it is true that we are to pray according to God's will, it is also true that we have a free will, and most of the time our Prayers are for trouble to be relieved, or for healing to manifest.
So, it is always God's will to help His Children.

That is not true. God didn't heal Paul and there are so many that he does not heal whether or not they have faith. And yes some even die. But we are all appointed to death so why would God heal a dying man?

Some have this idea that God wants you broke and sick. This is the heretic's "poverty Gospel", and they will tell you that you are made more spiritual if you are sick and broke.

Also not true. What does the bible teach us about the rich:

James 1:9-10

9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

Matthew 19:24

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never spoke in Tongues.

Also, there is a difference between the Gift of Tongues, that is the gift of a foreign language, Acts 2:38...they hear Peter speak in THEIR language....vs, what the Charismatic/Pentecostals get confused about, which is a "prayer language" that is for their edification, alone.

No one can discuss with you. Your door only opens one way; out with ALL YOU THINK but very little consideration for others post or thoughts.
ARE YOU HERE ALONE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THE REST OF US ARE WHAT............?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is not true. God didn't heal Paul and there are so many that he does not heal whether or not they have faith.

If you need God to heal you one day, or your parents or Children, to keep them from Dying... dont you agree that its a good thing that He is not listening to your incredible nonsense you are teaching now?
Or is He hearing every word?

Listen, you are trying to teach someone who has been healed by GOD, kept alive, ....... So, your phony idea that is based on the fact that you dont know how to Pray is best kept silent, as God hears you.

Also......God did not take a "thorn" from Paul.....a "messenger of SATAN"...>"sent to harass him".
That is not needing a Healing, Devin.

Another time, Paul was stoned to death,, and believers prayed the Prayer of Faith, and Paul was healed, walked away, kept Preaching.

Sometimes God's answer to a prayer, is NO.
And that is God's answer, and He is always right when He says no.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No one can discuss with you.

You became offended because i spoke some truth about the confusion that is in the Pentecostal situation, related to not understanding the "Gift of Tongues" that is related to preaching or similar, , vs the "prayer language" that is " groanings that cant be uttered".., that is for "self edification".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you need God to heal you one day, or your parents or Children, to keep them from Dying... dont you agree that its a good thing that He is not listening to your incredible nonsense you are teaching now?
Or is He hearing every word?

Listen, you are trying to teach someone who has been healed by GOD, kept alive, ....... So, your phony idea that is based on the fact that you dont know how to Pray is best kept silent, as God hears you.

Also......God did not take a "thorn" from Paul.....a "messenger of SATAN"...>"sent to harass him".
That is not needing a Healing, Devin.

Another time, Paul was stoned to death,, and believers prayed the Prayer of Faith, and Paul was healed, walked away, kept Preaching.

Sometimes God's answer to a prayer, is NO.
And that is God's answer, and He is always right when He says no.
:rolleyes: God has healed me too @Behold. But he hasn't healed everything. I'll tell you why you gospel is phony. It's because you tell people what they want to hear in a gospel, but you don't tell them the truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
:rolleyes: God has healed me too @Behold. It's because you tell people what they want to hear in a gospel, but you don't tell them the truth.

If i was telling people what they wanted to hear, then that is news to most of them on this forum.
What i do is resist Cross rejectors.. by Teaching Grace.

Devin, regarding your false accusation...... You can make a false claim like that against me, that you can't back up, can't produce the quotes, and Can't prove, because deceivers like you, carnal, like to insinuate something, without any evidence, as that is how the devil lies using people like you on a forum, and other places.
So, the reality is, what you said, will find you out as the deceiver.
Believe it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i was telling people what they wanted to hear, then that is news to most of them on this forum.
What i do is resist Cross rejectors.. by Teaching Grace.

Devin, regarding your false accusation...... You can make a false claim like that against me, that you can't back up, can't produce the quotes, and Can't prove, because deceivers like you, carnal, like to insinuate something, without any evidence, as that is how the devil lies using people like you on a forum, and other places.
So, the reality is, what you said, will find you out as the deceiver.
Believe it.
You lack some important doctrine so you don't deceive me at all.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You lack some important doctrine so you don't deceive me at all.

I teach Paul's Doctrine.
So whatever you lack, would be that... Devin.
I can help you.

Now, Listen carefully...And ill give you something think about, some WISDOM.... before you find yourself in the ER, 2-10 yrs from now, and its someone you love in TROUBLE.. and you need God's Help.........The DEVIL< will come to your mind and he'll say...>"remember how you were telling real believers on A Christian FORUM< that its not always God's will for them to be healed....>well, guess what.......its now the time for yours to not be healed".

He'll do that to you devin.
You will try to pray, and He will burn your mind reminding you how you downplayed and castigated and sarcastically dismissed God's Healing, on this forum, and you wont be able to BELIEVE YOUR PRAYER for the person you love.
You better listen to me, as i know what im talking about, and im trying to help you see.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I teach Paul's Doctrine.
So whatever you lack, would be that... Devin.
I can help you.

Now, Listen carefully...And ill give you something think about, some WISDOM.... before you find yourself in the ER, 2-10 yrs from now, and its someone you love in TROUBLE.. and you need God's Help.........The DEVIL< will come to your mind and he'll say...>"remember how you were telling real believers on A Christian FORUM< that its not always God's will for them to be healed....>well, guess what.......its now the time for yours to not be healed".

He'll do that to you devin.
You will try to pray, and He will burn your mind reminding you how you downplayed and castigated and sarcastically dismissed God's Healing, on this forum, and you wont be able to BELIEVE YOUR PRAYER for the person you love.
You better listen to me, as i know what im talking about, and im trying to help you see.
Yes @Behold you could learn some true doctrine from me, it's not the "only good news" gospel you attempt to promote, open your bible and read.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont enjoy it when heretics quote me.
Now you know.

Also, THEOLOGY. I'll get it from Paul, same as the last 35+ yrs.
Did you read the book of Job? We could learn a valuable lesson about God and healing from that. God allowed Job to be cursed, and anyone that knows the doctrine knows that God doesn't always heal people since they are supposed to be resurrected after death. And then at that time God makes up for it all.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Did you read the book of Job?

"JOB" is old testament, old Covenant.
And when he was around there was No Cross Of Christ, and there was no "By Jesus Stripes you were healed".
So, you dont know what you are talking about, Devin, you just like to hear yourself talk.... because you are just a forum troll, as you were pointing out that we need to avoid.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"JOB" is old testament, old Covenant.
And when he was around there was No Cross Of Christ, and there was no "By Jesus Stripes you were healed".
So, you dont know what you are talking about, Devin, you just like to hear yourself talk.... because you are just a forum troll, as you were pointing out that we need to avoid.
Yes I've seen this concept as your arguments against others to prove you are correct and to ignore the old testament. Yet people that know the scriptures know that God is the same yesterday as he is today. His word would be the same before the cross as it is after. This applies to the book of Job.

Did the cross change things? The atonement of Jesus was something that could save people regardless of the time they lived. It is retroactive and saved Adam and Eve. Did God know that the atonement would be made and that it would save people of the Old Testament? Of course he did.

Hebrews 13:8

King James Version

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes I've seen this concept as your arguments against others to prove you are correct and to ignore the old testament. Yet people that know the scriptures know that God is the same yesterday as he is today. .

God does not Change.
Christ changed from being the Word, to becoming a Virgin Born Man.
In fact, the bible is the progressive revelation, that reveals how God changes his dealing with man.
He's about to change it again, when He brings in the Great Trib.
See that "change'>?
Even someone like you should be able to recognize it......but ,maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am not mistaken Andrew Wommack teaches ppl " HOW TO SPEAK IN TONGUES" which makes his teaching false.
1Cor 1421 ( context 19-22 )
21.In the law it is written, with men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people.........
Isaiah 28:11 ( context 9-12 )
11. For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Acts 2:4 ( context 2-5 )
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE.
Joel 2::28 ( context 25-231 )

The Holy Spirit cannot be taught to anyone, this is the real prophecy filled that speaking with other tongues is the initial evidience of him INDWELLING a believer. Re-read the book of Acts.
So that throws out all pentecostal.
Speaking in tongues is biblical. Although I don't do it I do allow for it.
It seems we each have removed the words in the Bible and left only the ones we want for ourselves.
In this mode: How can we ever come to the unity of the faith.
I believe that the reason Jesus left so few rules for Christianity is so we can find that when we truly have the love of God. That none of these little bickerings make a difference.