How do we put God first in our life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Every action we take or word we say consider His Word first when doing or saying to be sure it lines up with God's Word and you will be walking faithful to Christ your first love and thereby putting The Father first place.

John 15:10
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
KJV

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Here is how I take it.

Is there anyone you haven't preached to yet in your family??

Secondly, How bout these examples

I would like to get a GF and go to a baseball game with her....1. It aint God's time yet for me to have one 2. Only go to the baseball game if I have the time, and If It doesn't interrupt my Christian thoughts and prayer

Should I go and put 20 inch rims on my whip, or should I use the money to do something more useful?

Im going to ride my bike around the city, But I shouldn't lust after all the girls around, because God wants me to live Holy, and I should trust in him just in case a car hits me

If my house is on fire, If im gonna get anything out of there, let it be my bible, Family pictures, and anything useful for God.

If my neighbor shoots me today, I better cry out to God quick on the ground instead of fighting back or cussing...

If im going to watch TV, whats the point of vulgar programs or If im playing GTA, I am going to drive around and go skydiving, I don't need to kill people in a virtual game

Hope these examples are good ideas.

God Bless

By Grace Alone

Jun 15, 2013
Northern California
I know for me, it really helps if I leave enough time in the morning before I go to work to do some devotions. I listen to Christian music while I'm getting ready for work and take time to read a passage from the Bible and write and pray about it. Often, I also listen to Bible readings, sermons or Christian music on the way to work.

Starting my day this way usually helps me walk with Jesus all day and treat people more like Jesus would like me to.

BGA :)

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I feel like I'm daily convicted of not trying to do this more. It's a bit of a conundrum for me, actually....how to actively strive against self and for God but also letting him work a change in me at the same time! I know they go hand in hand, but at times it can feel like me striving is actually not letting grace take hold....

But I suppose if I were to say how I try day to day to keep God foremost in my mind, I'd have to say that like BGA I listen to a lot of Christian music...it keeps my mind in that place and lifts my heart in worship. Reading the bible and praying always helps align my heart and mind....and practically, I try to be the sort of wife and mother to my husband and children, that God would have me be...supportive, loving, just what they need and not a burden or stress.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prepare yourself every morning to love others abundantly.

This has been difficult for me because it requires time in deep prayer, plenty of sleep, exercise, and eating often and in a healthy manner. Because I have a chronic illness that effects my mood, i have to be diligent in my preparation to love or I will end up treating people poorly and being a bad witness and fail to practice my sanctification.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Since you are unable to ask questions without getting on your soapbox and preaching I'll provide the correct answer.

How do we put God first in our life?

Fail.
Fail.
Fail some more.
After a while we realize there is much more to being a Christian than just "feeling" like we are a Christian.
We study doctrine.
Fail.
~fail.
Study.
Fail.
~fail.
~fail.
Study.
Succeed.
Fail.

And so on and so on.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you(brethren) through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

• And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2Pe 1:2-11

+ Post 2

:) :)