How do you do bible study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just select any chapter and make a written note (or save to your hard drive with Wordpad) of any verses which catch your eye, and insert them into different categories in alphabetical order, then select other chapters and do the same thing and so on.
Below are the categories I use, and as you see i've inserted a verse into each for easy reference, this is just a brief example as i've got dozens of verses in each category in my Wordpad folder..:)

ANGELS - "God shall give his angels charge over you to keep you safe" (Psalm 91:9-11)
ANIMALS - "God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job12:10 KJV)
ASHAMED - Jesus said "Whoever's ashamed of me and my words,I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )
BEAUTY - "Womens beauty comes from within, not from braided hair, jewellery and fine clothes"(1 Peter 3:3/4)
BAD PRIESTS - Jesus said "The prostitutes will get to heaven ahead of you, you think you look good in your fancy robes but inside you're full of filth and corruption" (Matt 21:32/Matt 23:27)
BUTTON IT - Jesus said "Every careless word you speak will be judged" (Matt 12:36)
CHILL - "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14)
COMFORT - Jesus said "In my fathers kingdom are many mansions,I go to prepare a place for you,so that you'll be there with me" (John 14:2-6)
COOL - Jesus said "Whoever speaks a word against me shall be forgiven" (Luke 12:10)
CREDENTIALS - Jesus said "All things about me in the law of Moses,the Prophets and the Psalms,must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)
DON'T ARGUE - Jesus said "If people won't listen to you,shake off the dust from your feet as you leave,as a testimony to them" (Matt 10:14/15)
DON'T DANCE - Jesus said "The world wants you to dance to its tune" (Matt 11:16/17)
DON'T GET BOGGED - "Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
EVERYWHERE - "Am I only a nearby God? Can you hide? I fill heaven and earth" (Jer 23:23/4)
EVIL - Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16)
FATHER TO ALL - "God is a father of the fatherless" (Psalm 68:5)
FRIENDS - Jesus said "You're my friends if you do what I command,not my servants. Instead,I call you friends.." (John ch 15)
GAME END - Jesus said "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be,I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
GOD - "God is love" (1 John 4:8 )
I AM - High Priest asked Jesus "Are you the Son of God?", and Jesus replied "I am" (Mark 14:61)
JUDGEMENT DAY - Jesus said "All in the graves shall come out,to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)
KIDS - "Children are a heritage of the Lord,and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psalm 127:3)
MAD? - "Jesus's family and friends tried to take charge of him,saying he's out of his mind" (Mark 3:21)
MARRIAGE - Jesus said "at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female, for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh So they are no longer two, but one." (Matt 19:4)
MYSTERY - Jesus said "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things,so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)
NEW TESTAMENT - "The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6-13)
NONBELIEVERS - "These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)
NO WIMPS - "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power.." (2 Tim 1:7)
OCCULT - God says "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists" (Lev 20:6)
ONE GOD - "I am God and there is no other,there is none like me" (Isa 46:9)
ONE PATH - Jesus said "I am the way and the life,nobody comes to God except through me" (John 14:5/6)
POWER - "After Jesus spent the night in prayer,everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)
PROPHECY - "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times" (Micah 5:2)
REJECTION - Jesus said "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
SATAN - Jesus said "He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44)
SAY IT - Jesus said "Say you're mine in front of people,and I'll say I'm yours in front of my Father" (Matt 10:32)
SIMPLICITY - Paul said "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
SUFFERING - Jesus said "To follow me you must carry your own cross daily" (Luke 9:23)
WELCOME - Jesus said "Whoever comes to me, I will never turn away" (John 6:37)
WHOLE LAW - Jesus said "Love God and your neighbour, this is the whole law" (Matt 22:36)
WINNERS - "Who has beaten the world? Whoever believes Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)
WORK - Jesus said "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )
There is only one R word . You forgot RAINBOW .
And i dont mean the LGBTQXYZ dark rainbow either .
God established a convenant of the rainbow .
But satan has his rainbow convenant too . ITS an all inclusive one that leadeth folks right to perdtion too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A complete contrivance. Nowhere in Scripture is this notion. Are we God?

Very interesting question - "Are we God?"

Jn 17"20 - 22“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. “The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;

Eph 5:31,32 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.

Romans 9:26 “AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, ‘YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,’
THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD.”

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Ezek 3:7 “For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you; yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 points.
  1. Not every time the word "word" is used in Scripture does it refer to Jesus. See John 6:60.
  2. Rev 1:1 informs us that even after Jesus was resurrected, given all authority on Earth and heaven, sitting on God's throne in heaven, he is STILL not God. Who gives Jesus the revelation? God, in his unitarian nature.

Jn 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this said, “This is a difficult statement; who can listen to it?”

Perhaps you have a version where "statement" is substitute with "word". Of course "word" is what we call something we use to make sentences and statements. For example "Who" is a word - but Abbott and Costello called a first baseman "Who" as a name for a comedy routine. So a word can also be a name, even the word "Word" Of course that if plainly obvious, so what is your point in saying "Not every time the word "word" is used in Scriptures does if refer to Jesus. That is obvious, but when we read "In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God" the word "Word" is used as a name - the Lord's name!! But perhaps maybe we have a Costello in our midst, who can't figure out that we are talking about the First baseman?

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

There is a reason that He speaks to us in parables! Like a good Teacher He wants to get us to think about things and consider what He tells us. So we read a saying in the Bible - " in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, He was in the beginning with God," to get us to consider that Jesus Christ is the One who has the words of God and was in the beginning with God and is God, so we need to listen to Him! Yet even those called to be His people were not going to! Oh a few would and they would be called the children of God!

Jn 1:11,12 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

So in general even those who were supposed to be His do not receive Him but those that do He calls His children! I love it when I hear Him call me "son". I like the ways He also teaches in parables and little sayings.

For this thread perhaps this little saying He told me is appropriate:

WE DON’T HAVE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE DON’T READ THE BIBLE WITH UNDERSTANDING, BUT OUR UNDERSTANDING…. UNDERSTAND???

The key to understanding that saying it that "Understanding" is another name for Jesus Christ, because as the Word of God He gives us understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

Abraham and Moses were friends of God. They heard from Him, walked with Him, listen to Him, it was God the Son (the Person of God we called Jesus Christ, and they knew as the "word of the Lord/God") whom they walk with, talked with, and knew as a friend. He gave them understanding, just like He gave king Solomon understanding. He gave king Solomon the understanding he had and needed as King. Yet it came in parables and sayings.

You like to discuss the trinity aspect of God so you might like an understanding of Prov 2:6 that I have often quoted on this thread?

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

What happens is that the Lord Jesus Christ gives/sends us His Holy Spirit with the words of God which the Father gave to Him. In the verse "Wisdom in the name for the Holy Spirit", because it is wise to listen to God and the Holy Spirit makes it possible. Knowledge is the name for the Father in the trinity, because even Jesus explained that only the Father knows not even the Son, concerning some things like the timing of things to come. And understanding things like that means the Son is called Understanding. That is one of the many names we find in the Scriptures for Jesus Christ.

Of course the King of kings and Lord of lords in another couple of names, because as you pointed out, He sits on the throne of God!! And the person who sits on the throne of God is of course God, which is why it is the throne of God!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this said, “This is a difficult statement; who can listen to it?”

Perhaps you have a version where "statement" is substitute with "word".
No. You are not understanding the point because of your doctrine. John 1:1-2 is not referring to Jesus. v2 does not have a word that means "he" but a word that means "this." See Houtos Means Only "This" (John 6:60 & 1:2) | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was your answer, yes or no? Are we our own Creator?

No we are not our own creator - All things were created through Jesus Christ, the Word of God - but you don't want to count Him as God either!!

So your logic, even in your asking the question of whether we are God too is not logic at all. Note: I only granted that your question about if we are God was an interesting question. I knew the answer. We are not God but Jesus Christ is God and the Word of God who was in the beginning with God, and like you finally figured out, but it appears not willing to even admit it to yourself, that Jesus Christ is indeed Mighty God if for no other reason than all things were created through Him. Him creating all things would also means that He could be a Father to us, even the Eternal Father. So John was right, Isaiah was correct, but some are not willing to listen to Him.

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons,
Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it appears not willing to even admit it to yourself, that Jesus Christ is indeed Mighty God if for no other reason than all things were created through Him.
Not at all. Created through him. Created By him. Not equal.

So John was right, Isaiah was correct, but some are not willing to listen to Him.

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons,
Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;

You mean, like respect Jesus' God is the only true God?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are not understanding the point because of your doctrine. John 1:1-2 is not referring to Jesus. v2 does not have a word that means "he" but a word that means "this." See Houtos Means Only "This" (John 6:60 & 1:2) | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

Really - did you not even read Chapter One of John!

Who then was this man called the Word who took on flesh, and who John the Baptist testified about, who walked among the disciples of Jesus, who came down out of heaven, who is the light of the world?? Maybe someone name Sam was all this but they stopped talking about him and started talking about Jesus so the first chapter of John is about a completely different person than all the rest of the gospel???

Silliness - the things we can conclude when we just want to deny Jesus Christ??

Jn 1 ... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

(Jesus means God's salvation - eternal life - so the Word being the life means the Word is Jesus - God's salvation - I guess we just have to throw out that logic if we believe Wrangler's post)

Jn 1: 6,7 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.

(Now we find out in the gospel of John that John the Baptist testified about Jesus! So who else can we think The Word was except for Jesus? Did John the Baptist also testify about another man walking around. If so, it is not mentioned in the gospel of John, so only one conclusion can be drawn and that is that indeed Jesus is the Word mention in the beginning of the gospel of John. To think otherwise is to think the author of the gospel to be so daft as to forget to explain who Him who is called "The Word")

Jn 1:10,11 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His [fn]own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

(This is the disturbing part, because if then the world was made through Him, if must be the same today, and if the world then did not know Him, it is not surprising to find that people today don't know Him either - and as already mentioned He is the life and the Light of men. So if they don't know Him - the He called the "Word" who was in the beginning with God and who was God - thus they don't know life and the Light of men! Which would mean they don't know God's salvation - which in a name means Jesus)

Jn 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name

(Now here is the Good News - the gospel in a nut-shell! If anyone received this One called the Word of God who is the lift and thus God's salvation -Jesus by name - then they are given the right to become children of God - that One who is God and took on flesh and through whom all things were created)

Jn 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(So we find that the Word who is the life, dwelt among a group referred to as us - meaning a group that includes the author of John. And they saw His glory. So who is this person call the Word, who is God, which dwelt amount them? Well it is Jesus of course!!)

Jn 1: 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

(Well there you go - the One being talked about is not Moses but Jesus Christ. That is they realized grace and truth. So we are look for the truth in this little proof/study of this part of the Bible. Clearly the Word is Jesus Christ - that is the only logical conclusion that can be reached - but note: the truth is realized through Jesus Christ!! So the person who rejects Him (Jesus Christ the Word of God) has rejected the truth!! They can't not realize the truth without Him!!)

So we find someone rejecting the logical conclusion about truth!

Now real Christians are supposed to be those who did not reject Jesus Christ. Thus they hear from Him, the One whose name is called "The Word of God". I know I do. He talks to me and I have already posted things He has told me. His first words to me were "Read Your Bible", but we have been talking for over 20 years now. So He has told me many things, of which some I decided to keep a personal record of. Things like:

I MADE THE MOUNTAIN AND THE MOUNTAIN IS GOOD, BUT WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE MOUNTAIN. WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE CREATED AND NOT THE CREATOR.

I AM THE WORD OF GOD! THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL ME. FOR WHAT PROPHET EVER SAID ‘THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME SAYING’ AND DIDN’T MEAN THAT I CAME CLOSE? SHOULD I SHARE MY NAME WITH MY CREATION?

The One who personally told me that is the Word who took on flesh, went to the cross and was killed but those who rejected Him. But He arose from the dead and sits on the throne of God, because He is God. Knowing Him is knowing the truth and God's salivation (Jesus by name). I bring this up because anyone can get to know Him as the Word of God because He stands at the door and knocks with His voice so if anyone opens up to Him by hearing His voice knocking at the door He will come into them and them and He will talk!

That is how you receive Him - The Word - you listen to Him so that He is found in your heart and sometime in your mouth. Still, woe to those who don't not worship Him because they do not know Him, that child born to us, as Might God. They have no excuse, because John was written to them, and not only John. Many preach the Word of God (Jesus Christ), even the angels who serve Him, and it is explain how we need to listen to Him! So, the message has gone out to the entire world, but the world still rejects Him, as written in the gospel of John.

So I try to tell them, hoping almost without reason, that for their sake they will turn to Him and listen to the Word of God (Jesus Christ). But I was also told by Him, that they would not listen to me because they are unwilling to listen to Him - and He who told me that does not lie. But maybe, just maybe, that while they are unwilling to listen to Him today, maybe tomorrow something will happen that changes that. Maybe they will repent and turn from their ways and seek what He has to say. So I preach a gospel of hope - hope that at some point some will repent and seek Him.

Ezek 3: 6-7 ...But I have sent you to them, yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really - did you not even read Chapter One of John!
Oy vey!

Jesus is not God. We know this because he died and Scripture says Jesus is a man.

John 1:1-2 refers to God and his voice, not another person/being. Hence the thread on Houtos. "This" (voice of God) was in the beginning with God. There was no "he" in the beginning with God per John 1:1-2.

Jesus is not referred to until v14 of the 1st chapter of the most anti-trinitarian book of the Bible. Given, that John explicitly tells us at 20:31 that everything he wrote was to prove something other than the idea that Jesus is God; namely, that Jesus is God’s Anointed. So, why do you keep trying to use John's Gospel to prove something other than what the author intended?

Did you read John 20:31?
These accounts are recorded so that you, too, might believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the Liberating King, the Son of God, because believing grants you the life He came to share.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy vey!

Jesus is not God. We know this because he died and Scripture says Jesus is a man.

John 1:1-2 refers to God and his voice, not another person/being. Hence the thread on Houtos. "This" (voice of God) was in the beginning with God. There was no "he" in the beginning with God per John 1:1-2.

Jesus is not referred to until v14 of the 1st chapter of the most anti-trinitarian book of the Bible. Given, that John explicitly tells us at 20:31 that everything he wrote was to prove something other than the idea that Jesus is God; namely, that Jesus is God’s Anointed. So, why do you keep trying to use John's Gospel to prove something other than what the author intended?

Did you read John 20:31?
These accounts are recorded so that you, too, might believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the Liberating King, the Son of God, because believing grants you the life He came to share.

The Scriptures say He is God and leaves no doubt about it - as proven to you over and over by using those Scriptures. The Scriptures say He came down out of heaven to take on flesh - therefore the Person of the Son of God who is One with God took on flesh (became a man) so He could walk with man, and they still refused to listen to Him!! They denied Him and even put Him on the cross and killed Him, but being God we defeated death and rose from the dead! And it is He who sits on the throne of God, which is why it is called the throne of God, because God (Jesus Christ sits on it.

Still you find people who deny what is written in the Scriptures, and that is because they deny Him!! They refuse to believe in Jesus Christ! They are unwilling to seek Him and what He has to say. So they sin day, after day, after day, after day, after day, and miss out on God's salvation, and Jesus means God's salvation. Their stubbornness has lead them to be against Him. Their rebellion has lead them astray. Their pride has kept them leaning on their own understanding instead of actually seeking the Lord. They don't not know the Lord, and He will indeed tell them that He never knew them, because He is the truth. So on that day they will justly be taken away to hell, because every day of their life, moment by moment, the Lord was trying to get them to repent of their ways and turn to Him. Their continued stubborn rebellion against the King of kings means they have never received life - The Word of God is life, and that is why Jesus means God's salvation.

Do you really want to continue to deny the Lord our God, Jesus Christ. It means denying God's salvation! Hell is real. Jesus explained that! He explained that He is the Way and the Truth. I know Him, talk to Him, hear from Him and testify about Him. He once told me:

"Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God",

When He said "I Am" it hit me with power that started me falling to the floor of my bathroom, so I had to catch myself on the cabinet and toilet before I hit the ground. He is the Great I AM, He is the Might God, He is the One who took on flesh and was killed at the cross but defeated death and rose again. So He is my Eternal Father who I have put my faith in, and my hope of salvation in. That is why I call Him Jesus, because He is God's salvation to Me. And as Mighty God, I believe I have God's salvation because I have Him in my life. I find Him talking to me, in my heart and sometimes I find His words even coming out my mouth - because His Holy Spirit dwells in me and brings His words to my spirit.

Now you don't have to believe in Him. You can tell yourself that He is not God that He might save you. You can refuse to seek Him and what He might have to say to you. But like the Bible, I have good reason to believe that is going to mean hell and death to you and not knowing God's Salvation (Jesus the Christ)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures say He is God and leaves no doubt about it

It’s just not true. What unitarian verse do you think says that AND leaves doubt about it?

Scripture says Jesus is the son of God and leaves no doubt about it. MK 1:1 See the difference?

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s just not true. Scripture says Jesus is the son of God and leaves no doubt about it. MK 1:1 See the difference?

Yeah and it says He is God as already gone over and over with you. He is the child born to us who is Might God. He is the One through whom all things were created. He is the One the Father said, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased; Listen to Him".

But that has all been clearly explain in the Scriptures and my posts using the Scriptures. Either you are going to start seeking Him to listen to Him and find this out, or you are going to rebel against God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). The choice is yours, but clearly you don't believe in Jesus Christ because I have been telling you to seek Him and listen to Him and you still have not given any indication that you are trying to do that.

And Yes the Eternal One (Father Son and Holy Spirit) is God, and so it is that that child born to us, Jesus Christ, is God like John explained:

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" -- that was written about that child born to us.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Scriptures say He is God and leaves no doubt about it..

Hmm...that's debatable..:)
God himself said-"This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
“Father, the hour has come...I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah and it says He is God as already gone over and over with you. He is the child born to us who is Might God.

No. You are quoting a verse that does not even apply to God’s Anointed. Even if it did, it only says what people will call him.

No direct and simple ‘Jesus is God’ because it is not true.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are quoting a verse that does not even apply to God’s Anointed. Even if it did, it only says what people will call him.

No direct and simple ‘Jesus is God’ because it is not true.

Of course it applies to God's anointed! We know it applies to a child born - and the significant child born in the Bible is Jesus Christ! We also know that child born is the Word of God and He is God. We also know that that child born as the Word and God dwelt among men and was know as Jesus. And we know that Jesus has the annointing of God by the many miracles and the fact that He defeated death and rose again. That is the power of teh annointing of God, that a person might arise from the dead, and Jesus has that annointing. We also know that Jesus is the King of kings who is as you wrote - on the throne of God - and over all things. And that matches up with Ps 2 where we read:

The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,

and

Ps 2:2 “But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

Ps 2:6 So clearly you are wrong in thinking that Jesus is not the child born to us and the anointed of God - indeed the King over heaven!

The King His anointed - as proved by the Scriptures!

Mark 15:2 Pilate questioned Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” And He *answered him, “It is as you say.”

So the problem is not the Scriptures or the proof, but unwillingness to except what is written. And that is a problem!

Jn 5:47 “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

The Jews had enough scripture to know that the King (the anointed One), was going to come as a child, and that child was going to be called Mighty God, but failed to recognize Him. We have even more testimony - even in the form of scriptures - and many are still unwilling to seek Him, the King of kings who took on flesh, and listen to Him thereby making Him our Lord. They refuse to listen to Him - becoming rebellious to the command of the Father to listen to Him, and so all that is written about them will come to pass.

Ps 2:7 “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

Ps 2:9 ‘You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.’”

Ps 2:12 Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

So honestly - do you recognize the Son of God as the King and anointed of God? Not by what I read from you!

Do you even listen to Him so that you know Him as the Father commanded and thus make Him as your Lord; meaning you get instructions from Him - thereby knowing Him as the Word of God? Not by what I have read from you!

So I don't see where you are giving homage to the Son, but rather it seems you are trying to deny Him, from what I read from you.

I don't point this out to condemn you or accuse you but to advise you to reconsider and start seeking the voice of the Son of God, and so you too, like Paul on the road, ask Him "Who are you Lord" and hear Him tell you that He is Jesus Christ. Consider - it could be the start of a beautiful friendship with Him.

That is what I have been testifying about. His and I know each other. We talk back and for. Like Paul, He has told me that He is the One known as Jesus Christ and the Word of God, and the Great I Am, and the He and the Father are One, and I know I hear Him via His Holy Spirit. I can tell ou about, and have already, the things He has told me. I can tell you about the incredible things that I have seen done while with Him. I have indeed seem Him do hundreds of miracles around me. I have seen Him grow out legs, a few times. I have seen swelling go down and disappear numerous times. He once took me out of my physical body so that I was looking at the top of my head, so that He could ask me in that moment, "Karl, do you think I can take you anywhere I want?" I was outside my own body, so what was I too respond to Him, but "Yeah, Lord I think you can take me anywhere I want." At that time I had come from one job interview in the morning and was about to go to another job interview. I got the job from the morning interview and understood that is where He took me.

So He, the Word of God is Jesus Christ. And I also know why you don't understand what I am telling you. It is like He told the Jews back then:

Jn 8:43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me!

If you don't listen to Him, like Saul was not doing before he was on the road to Damascus, then you won't know that Jesus Christ is the anointed of God and the Word of God who can speak to you! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding, and the Holy Spirit is His mouth - also known as Wisdom.

Saul did not get knowledge and understanding of God by leaning on his own understanding, but from actually listening to the Lord!

Acts 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,

Gen 16:13 Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, “You are a God who sees”; for she said, “Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?”

Moses wrote about Him! Paul wrote about Him! Isaiah wrote about Him! And they all wrote that you might believe in Him - that He is indeed there to be heard from. Jesus Christ is the annointed One, The Word of God and God, and the King of kings and Lord of lords, so you want to seek Him and start listening to Him and quit leaning on your own understanding! And that is what the authors of the Bible, like John, were trying to tell you!!

John wrote Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So, I have covered this and covered this with you. A decision needs to be made. Do you want to believe in Jesus Christ? To believe in Him you have to quit deny who He is, repent and be zealous, so that you are willing to accept the reproof He will have for you. Only then will you open up to Him who has been knocking with His voice. That is the message and the preaching the Word which He has asked me to do! So my part is fulfilled.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it applies to God's anointed!
Obviously you are wrong since the religion who compiled the OT never considered it to be applying to God's Anointed. It's just trinitarian revisionist history and worse, poor reading comprehension.

The verse in question does not say 'Jesus is God.' You have to insist it applies to God's anointed precisely because there is not simple and direct teaching that 'Jesus' is God.'

And as I already pointed out, even if it did apply to God's anointed, it does not say he is God - only that he will be called this. Sad, but I know you will not let go of your idol, of your 4th century, man-made doctrine.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously you are wrong since the religion who compiled the OT never considered it to be applying to God's Anointed. It's just trinitarian revisionist history and worse, poor reading comprehension.

The verse in question does not say 'Jesus is God.' You have to insist it applies to God's anointed precisely because there is not simple and direct teaching that 'Jesus' is God.'

And as I already pointed out, even if it did apply to God's anointed, it does not say he is God - only that he will be called this. Sad, but I know you will not let go of your idol, of your 4th century, man-made doctrine.

You what's really sad about this is that I do actually hear from Him, and you can't seem to understand this. I told you and quoted the verse Jesus provided to the Jews:

Jn 8:43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me!

I explained clearly that He speaks to us in words that we hear in our heart, and because God is spirit and speaks spiritual words to our spirits, we sometimes find His words coming our out mouth - if we are not pay close attention to Him speaking to our hearts

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Jn 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

All those verse and the rest of the Bible is correct. We actually do hear words in our spirit from Him, via His Holy Spirit. Those words are the words of Jesus Christ! They belong to Him, because His Father gave them to Him!

So it is that I hear from Jesus Christ everyday call "Today: and have for over 20 years. But until you start seeking and what He has to say to you with all your heart then you will never get understanding, because understanding comes from His voice, as do faith in Him. As long as you persist in telling yourself that Jesus Christ is not God nor the Word of God, like is clearly written in the Scriptures, you will not be able to hear Him.

And concerning the "religion who compiled the OT" it is those people in general that Jesus spoke to when He was in the flesh. They were also people like us, but most did not seek Him and His voice, and Moses told them that! So are you really trying to be like them who rejected Jesus Christ as the Word of God all those years by not listening to Him?

Deuteronomy 8:19,20 .... I testify against you today that you will surely perish. “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

That is what happened to those you are talking about when you write, "you are wrong since the religion who compiled the OT never considered it to be applying to God's Anointed."

They too did not listen to the voice of the Lord their God!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False Alternative. I accept Jesus is what Scripture says, the son of God, sent by God to save the world. Mark 1:1.

There are sad stories in the Bible about people going with a "False Alternative" Paul wrote to such a people. They had a zealousness for God but they failed to come to know the Lord. They didn't know Jesus Christ was the Word of God we preach! So Paul felt for them, even wrote to them with correction that perhaps might lead them to Jesus Christ - but sadly it didn't seem like they were going to accept the reproof Paul had for them. So Paul prayed for them and corrected them, hoping that someday the would come to know Jesus Christ, hear His voice, and understand that as an omni-present being (God), He was not in a far off place called heaven, nor was He dead. Instead His words are found in our hearts and even on our lips, which means He is omni-present and the Word of God, so He can be the Lord of each and every person who choose to believe in Him and thus listen to Him.

Rom 10: 1-11 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”

We come across people like that today, just like Paul did then. They have a zeal of God but they don't know Jesus Christ and that He is the Word of God because He actually speaks to us - His Sheep. We hear from Him and He gives us instructions, and we know that and thus Him as our Lord (someone who personally gives instructions to us)