How do you do bible study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not an answer to my question. No wonder. Trinitarians fear to tread on any possible rejection criteria for their doctrine.

I can teach you, but i can't learn it for you.
Ive answered your same question, as you keep redesigning it, about 20 times, Wrangler.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you usually do bible study? Do you just read through the bible as it is? Do you make use of commentaries? I usually just read through the bible as it is, but want to go deeper in depth with my bible study. Will appreciate all helps I can get!

Im like you, I just read it as it is. I don’t read commentaries. I ask God about what I don’t understand. It’s patiently waiting for Him to answer that’s hard for me. I’ll read something like…not worrying about money because God knows what I need. And then I’ll find myself worrying and I go to Him and say, you say not to worry but I do sometimes and I need help with this because I see that I’m not trusting what you said about it because if I did trust, I wouldn’t worry but would just believe you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yea, it’s not your problem in failing to directly answer a direct question.

Want it again?

John 3:16.... For God So loved the world that He Gave". So, that is the Father.

"Gave". = The Virgin born , who is "God manifested in the Flesh".... and "the Word made Flesh" .... is the Son.

So, the Son who is Jesus the Man is "given". And prior to this "Gift of Salvation" who is Jesus on the Cross, He, as pre-incarnate, was God the Word, as found in John 1.

When you read... "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever", you are reading "I am the Alpha and the Omega".

When you read Thomas say....>"My Lord and my GOD", you are being shown the divinity of Jesus the Man who said..>"before Abraham was born",.
= " I AM".

"I AM" is also God's (burning bush) response to Moses when Moses ask God for His Name.

The Reason that Jesus uses the same, is because Jesus is both God and Man... He existed as God the Word before He was Virgin born as Christ Jesus the God man..who is God wrapped in human flesh.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your multiple paragraph replies to not answer my 2-word questions, WHO loved and gave? And WHAT did he give.

John 3:16.... For God So loved the world that He Gave". So, that is the Father. ="Gave". = The Virgin born , who is "God manifested in the Flesh".... and "the Word made Flesh" .... is the Son. = So, the Son who is Jesus the Man is "given". And prior to this "Gift of Salvation" who is Jesus on the Cross, He, as pre-incarnate, was God the Word, as found in John 1. So....When you read... "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever", you are reading "I am the Alpha and the Omega". And....When you read Thomas say....>"My Lord and my GOD", you are being shown the divinity of Jesus the Man who said..>"before Abraham was born",.
= " I AM". = "I AM" is also God's (burning bush) response to Moses when Moses ask God for His Name.
The Reason that Jesus uses the same, is because Jesus is both God and Man... He existed as God the Word before He was Virgin born as Christ Jesus the God man..who is God wrapped in human flesh.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I just referenced a verse where he referred to his God 4 times. What does that tell you, other than he is not God?
You must have posted this same point hundreds of times, but what is the significance? The Bible teaches that Jesus is God incarnate, having become a man, to live as a man, in all respects, aside from having corruption of sin, or of committing sin. Like man in all other respects.

We've covered this many times.

He humbled Himself and became obedient . . . to Whom, would you say? To the Father. Jesus, from Sovereign God, to a servant man, that's humbling yourself. That's "becoming obedient". After being Sovereign. Humbling Himself. After being glorious. So of course He worships the Father, and He was baptised by John.

John gave a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, and Jesus came to John saying He had to be baptised. Do you accuse Jesus of sin requiring repentance?

If not, then why is it you don't accept that Jesus humbled Himself across the entire human experience. He obeyed His parents and the Law. He was baptized, and worshiped God. He said what God told Him to say, He did what God told Him to do. He became obedient to the death, even that horrible death!

And of course He worshiped God. Myself, and I think not just me, but for myself, this is a fully empty argument, that shows not taking into account the fullness of what God teaches in these words:

Philippians 2:6-8 KJV
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

These are all words that speak of Jesus this way, then becoming that way.

"Became obedient" If Jesus "became" obedient, then He was something before being obedient, which would be "not obedient". So either He disobeyed God, and was disobedient, or He was not under God's authority. Since God is the highest authority, if Jesus was not obedient, that means He is in fact Sovereign God. And our Sovereign God humbled Himself, and became obedient to the death, even the death of the cross.

That Jesus worshiped the Father only demonatrates His complete fulfilling of all righteousness on our behalf. It's not an argument that Jesus is not in fact our Creator God.

When I do Bible study, I want to make sure I'm not glossing over what some particular passage says, instead, make sure I'm embracing the fullness of what it says.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must have posted this same point hundreds of times, but what is the significance? The Bible teaches that Jesus is God incarnate
No. The Bible teaches that Jesus is a man, not God incarnate. Evidence is Jesus saying he has a God. If he were God, he would not say this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he were God, he would not say this.
He most assuradely would, and did. Just as being baptised.

And why not answer my argument, rather than to just deny the conclusion?

For the same reason that few like to address this argument, I suppose.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you usually do bible study? Do you just read through the bible as it is? Do you make use of commentaries? I usually just read through the bible as it is, but want to go deeper in depth with my bible study. Will appreciate all helps I can get!
I watch daily Mass online so they read usually 3 scripture sections and then discuss it. I used to read the bible by myself, but these days, I just follow online.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another mystical dualist who denies mutual exclusivity.
Non-responsive. Ad hominem (that is, Logical Fallacy). And off point.

Your argument is the same as the rest. "But . . . 1 just can't be 3!"

Much love!