How do you do bible study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Double negative.

The burden on proof is the one making the positive claim.

OH MY!! To say "We can see" and still not know the proof is just silly. Jesus Christ is the proof!

If you could understand the statement Jesus made below you would understand the problem with what you wrote. I will even explain it to you, but you will not understand - you won't understand because understanding comes from mouth of God, like I already proved via the Scriptures. (Prov 2:6 - but you still don't seek His voice

John 9:39-41 And Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.” Those of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these things and said to Him, “We are not blind too, are we?” Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, ‘We see,’ your sin remains.

The above statement was made by Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God because He has the words of God. So they were talking to God as He spoke to them, because the One who owns and speaks the words of God is God. Which is why you read that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God, and that the Word took on flesh and dwelt among men. And while among men He encountered a group of men, Pharisees, who studied the Scriptures and the traditions of the day, and thereby the claimed to know because of their great understanding obtained by their studied and the religious attitude. Indeed, they had no reason to not know that Jesus Christ, the Word of God who is of course God because He is the One who speaks the words of God to us, was in their midst, even standing in front of them.

In the same way people today often say they 'see' and understand, because of their great understanding obtained by leaning on their understanding of what they read. Yet though Jesus Christ , The Word of God, is near them always they but do not listen to Him. They should see and say that they do see, but their sins remain because they reject Him who stands in front of them. And what is even more amazing is they those type of people often want God to prove that He is there by performing a miracle or sign in front of them!

Mat 12:39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet;

So, what sign did Jonah bring, except to tell them to repent of their ways and seek God? Even the evil city of Nineveh repented of their ways and sought God for a generation or two, but as for the Pharisee, they cried out for the death of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, because they did not want to hear words from God. Sadly that is too true for all men, but the more given to you the more that is expected. If He has put you in a position to read and receive testimony about Him, and you still reject listening to the Word of God and saying in your heart that He who speaks to your spirit via His Holy Spirit is not the Lord your God then what hope is for you?

As for me, I hear Him speak to me, and testify about this. And from hearing Him and doing what He has asked me to do I have seen hundreds if not a thousand miracles. He even had me helping in a Christian healing ministry for five years where I often say several miracles a night. So I testify about this and have preached the Word of God to you; saying repent of your ways and seek Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God. That is His name, "The Word of God" (Rev 19:13) He is called that because His Father gave Him all things including the words of God! His Holy Spirit takes His words, like a living telephone line, and speaks His words to your spirit. And write, "The burden on proof is the onemaking the positive claim".

Wrangler - Do you not know the One making the positive claim is Jesus Christ, "The Word of God"????????

And He explained ,"but since you say, "We see', your sin remains" That is a problem!!

He explained, "yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet", who told them to repent and seek God.

So, you already have the proof, the instructions, and the testimony! The Scriptures have provided all that you needed, and you claim to have seen them, and in case they are not enough so that perhaps you are saying in your heart that the Word of God (Jesus Chrsit) is either dead or in a far off place called heaven, I too have testified that the Scriptures are correct. The Word of God who is found near you is the Lord our God. That is the Word of God we preach, so stop saying that He is not there and start seeking Him, or who else are you going to get to heaven. Do you still know know that the Word of God, is the Christ and He is God's Salvation (Jesus means God's salvation)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woah! Scripture does not say the Father. How are you coming up with ‘the Father’ when Scripture say God - in his unitarian nature - loved and gave?

John 3:17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

That is the very next verse!! Could you not have considered other verses, verse you don't like and don't follow your theology, even the very next verse? Oh and let's look at the very next verse unless someone leaning on their own understanding start thinking that Jesus is not the Son of God but someone else's son that God sent.

Jn 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

We don't believe in Jesus Christ unless we believe that He is who He is!!!!

So if you say you believe in Jesus Christ but don't believe Him to be the Son of God, you don't actually believe in Him - but perhaps some other Jesus, perhaps a Jesus that is a figment of your mind, but not the One we get to know personally!

So when someone, anyone, denies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, they have denied Him, and that does not come from listening to Him, because He cannot deny Himself.

The same is true with Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

When listening to Jesus Christ, He cannot tell you that He is not the Word and God, because He is, just like is written. So, while His sheep hear His voice, and that voice lines up with the Bible, there are other thoughts around - thoughts that deny Jesus Christ. Of course, the Holy Spirit, who brings the words of God from Jesus Christ to our spirit does not deny Jesus Christ!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

This is the problem with not thinking that the very first thing we need to do, when studying the Bible is to start listening to Jesus Christ the Lord our God. That was the subject of this thread!!

How do you do bible study?

The answer is: With my Lord God - Jesus Christ!

He is the Teacher and His students/disciples know Him. He is the Lord!

Yet some deny Him and they do it in many ways! Perhaps they say He is not the Son, not God, not the Teacher, not available to be heard from, so not the One we study our Bible with, not around to help, not that child born to us who is called Mighty God. They deny Him over and over and over, never thinking about the trouble they are in.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

That is the very next verse!!

The verses Jn 3:16-17 say God - in his unitarian nature, not 'the Father' as you allege.

Woah! Scripture does not say the Father. How are you coming up with ‘the Father’ when Scripture say God - in his unitarian nature - loved and gave?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verses Jn 3:16-17 say God - in his unitarian nature, not 'the Father' as you allege.

You forgot verse 18!! I posted it for you: Let me show you again:

Jn 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Maybe you still overlooked it?? Let me help you again, and again, and again: "the only begotten Son of God."

So how did you miss the next verse that was provided to you by me and the Scriptures??

That part "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already" hopefully doesn't apply, but if it did then we still have the good news that if anyone hears His voice and opens up to Jesus Christ He will come into them - Rev 3:20 - as also brought up to you. How many times have I asked you to seek the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ

So of course statement is not true - as proven over and over to you!! We read that Jesus Christ is the Son of God - you read that - everyone can read it, but still those verses says nothing about how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One!!! Those verse have absolutely no comment on the trinity!! That is why we find at the beginning of John "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." Those two verses clearly show your "unitarian" concept to be wrong!! So you are proven wrong again!

You want to take a verse to prove yourself correct, but those verses don't actually prove you are correct, they just show how a person not taking every thought captive to Jesus Christ makes a big mistake!!

You did think Jesus Christ was the Son of God by just looking at John 3:16, and tried to confirm your thinking by looking at John 3:17, neither of which had the obvious conclusion, but 3:18 really messed up that incorrect thinking. Now if you had talked to Jesus Christ and listened to Him He would easily been able to correct the wrong thinking by pointing you to the very next verse!!

This is why everybody needs to first include our Lord God Jesus Christ in their study of the Bible!!

But they don't think about Him first. You are not alone in that huge mistake. I even make that mistake way too often. Still, I do hear from Him about a dozen times a day, and so if there are big mistakes I am making He can correct me, and will!

Before the good news of Him always being there to hear from (Rev 3:20) we find Rev 3:19:

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent."

It's so smart of Him to have key verses right next to each other, isn't it? Even the order is important to Him!

Before you open up to Him you have to know that He loves you!!! HE LOVES YOU!!!

That means that He is going to reprove you!!. And if you refuse to seek Him and listen to Him, The Word of God, then He has a history of sending people to write to you about Him, and listening to Him!! That is why we have the Bible!! They who heard from Him wrote because they got instruction from Him who they heard from, The Word of God, and so they wrote to people who because of His love for them He reproves!!

That is actually one of the problems that come from listening to Him!! He keeps asking me to preach the Word of God, which is Him wanting people to listen to Him, to other people who are not listening to Him!!

Again, this morning I got up thinking about what work I needed to do for my business. He started talking to me and wanted me to sit with Himand talk. Honestly, I have a lot to do and I told Him so. So He responded by saying, "What if we just sat at the computer. I have something that needs to be written." I know people who don't actually listen to Him often don't understand how He is and how He can be heard from, but those who do hear from Him regularly obviously know otherwise. He ,The Word of God, is alive and active and that means you are going to hear from Him today, if you have ears to hear and believe He never leaves you. So again I find myself, per His instructions, trying to get you to actually seek Jesus Christ by faith, and listen to what He has to say to you.

And hopefully not just you, Many, as can be seen by reading just this thread, are not seeking Him, even when studying their Bible!!

I would say that this is not personal - but that would be wrong. Jesus Christ, the Son of God who was with God in the beginning and who is God, and is the One who took on flesh went to the cross died and rose again so as to again be on the throne of God (and God sits on the throne of God and no other) WANTS TO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU - BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU - BUT THAT IS GOING TO MEAN HE REPROVES YOU IN ORDER TO MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON - A PERSON WHO LISTENS TO HIM - THE WORD OF GOD!!

He is the Son of God and was in the beginning with God and is God, just like it is written in the Bible.!!! He is that child which was born to us who is called Wonderful Counselor (because He gives those who listen to Him wonderful counsel), and Mighty God because as The King of kings and Lord of lord is on the Throne of God which means He is mighty God, and .... well I went over that with you too. But you didn't think Jesus Christ was that child, even though Christmas is again approaching where we see those manger scenes depicting that child born to us, Jesus Christ!

Wouldn't it just be easier to repent of all your wrong doing? We all make mistakes, and knowing Him doesn't mean that will completely stop, but it does mean that if you listen to the Word of God and believe it is Him then that belief will be counted to you as righteousness - but know that belief also means you will start hearing from Him every day, and He reproves those He loves!! Just like He reproved me this morning for thinking my making money might be more important than giving a person a change to repent and turn back to Him.

So please repent of your ways and accept the reproof He has for you. It will make you a better person!! He is wierd, because His thoughts are not your thoughts, but He is very interesting to know! Get to know Him and I guarantee you will see things you could never imagine!! I have literally seen Him do hundreds of miracles in front of me, from legs growing out, growths shrinking and disappearing as I had my hand on them. I have been kissed on the forehead by a greenish colored cloud that turn into the face of a woman. I was once taken outside my body to where I was looking at the top of my head, and He told me, "Karl, do you think I can take you anywhere I want." Let me assure you, Jesus Christ can to that because He is God. Still, it is not the miracles but the personal relationship with God which is important!!

I think I enjoy the parables He told me more than the miracles, except for the miracles He performed on me that healed my knee so I can run again. I did personally like that one. I had hurt my knee surfing and messed it up some more while running as a soccer referee. So I couldn't run but only walk until He healed it one day. He had me go to a Christian healing ministry where they prayed, my knee got hot and in about five seconds it was healed and has been that way for about 15 years. Those people heard from Him, like me. A few years after that He had me helping in that same ministry.

You really need to get to know Jesus Christ!! He is the Son of God, God, even Might God, who is One with God. If it wasn't true I wouldn't tell you so. It really makes no difference to me what the Bible says, the difference is actually know Him who the Bible tells you about!! And real Christian do know Him!! And that is why Christians know about the Trinity - Father, Son, and Spirit are One God! They just are! The Father gives the Son His words, so the Son is the Word of God who talks to us. That is done through the His Holy Spirit who does not speak on His own inititive but as He hears He speaks, so the Holy Spirit is like a living telephone line to the Son, Jesus Christ. But because the Son only says and does what the Father asks then knowing the Son means knowing the Father. But understanding does not come by leaning on your own understanding by from the mouth of God.

You have to actually start seeking Him and listening to Him!! There is no other way! Leaning on your own understanding will only mean you are wrong - because His thoughts are not your thoughts!

So He is the proof you are looking for - or perhaps I need to say He is the reproof you are looking for!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you still overlooked it?? Let me help you again, and again, and again: "the only begotten Son of God."
My God man! The only begotten son of God in v18 is not the God - in his unitarian nature - referenced in v16 & 17. You just don't want to acknowledge when the Bible uses the word God it is not referring to a trinity but the Creator in his unitarian nature.

It is God in his unitarian nature who loved and gave in v16. So simple, even a trinitarian can understand it.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God man! The only begotten son of God in v18 is not the God - in his unitarian nature - referenced in v16 & 17. You just don't want to acknowledge when the Bible uses the word God it is not referring to a trinity but the Creator in his unitarian nature.

It is God in his unitarian nature who loved and gave in v16. So simple, even a trinitarian can understand it.

Oh yes He is!! God is One, but you can't understand unless you listen to Him. Jesus Christ is the Word of God, meaning that if you listen to God you listen to Jesus Christ!! So Moses heard from God and it was the Christ who was God speaking to Him!! The reason is that the Father gave all things, including the very words of God to His Son. The same was true with Abram. When God spoke to Abram is was the Christ, the Word of God who spoke to Abram.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Gen 15:2 Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

So Abram, and of course Moses since Moses wrote Genesis, both hear from and knew about "the word of the Lord"!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Jesus is the One who went to the cross so that His robe was dipped in blood!! His Father didn't go to the cross, that honor was for the Son, Jesus Christ! And His name is called The Word of God. So Gen 15:1 could have been written: After these things Jesus Christ came to Abram saying..." except that the Christ had not yet taken on flesh and thus become the sacrifice for out salvation!! So the Christ was not yet "Jesus" which means Gos' Salvation!

But again, understanding is not obtain by leaning on our understanding but by listening to what comes out the mouth of our Lord God - Jesus Christ!!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

I have shown you this verse before, but you keep thinking that leaning on your understanding is going to give you understanding! It doesn't! Understanding comes from the mouth of God!! When you spend some time actually listening to our Lord God, The Word of God, Jesus Christ, then you find out that He has the words of God!!! They are His- because the Father gave all things to the Son, including the words of God. So everyone who heard the Lord and wrote Scriptures (the Bible) heard from Jesus Christ, The Word of God!! He got them from His Father, but He got them and you don't get them unless you seek Him and what He has to say to you!! Then He sends His Holy Spirit, which also belongs to Him, because again the Father gave His Son all things!! So the Holy Spirit comes speaking the words of God He gets from the Son, when He the Holy Spirit of God is sent to you. The Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but only speaks what He gets from the Son, Jesus Christ.

Therefore when we hear from God we hear the Holy Spirit speaking the words of God He got from Jesus Christ, the Word of God - who got them from His Father - but still those words belong to Him!! So Moses heard from the Word of God, or often you will read 'the word of the Word'. You read that because those like Moses, not knowing what else to call the Christ tended to say 'the word of the Lord came to me saying'. A word is not something that speaks but is something spoken, so by writing that the word of the Lord came to me saying, they were calling the One who came speaking the words of God to them "the word of the Lord", or as John pointed out, 'His name is called The Word of God.

But again the person who doesn't listen can't understand this because they don't listen to Him, like Abraham, Moses, and all those prophets of old did. They understood what you don't understand, and that is that our Lord God is the word of the Lord who comes and speaks to us, just like He did with Abram. So they understood how God (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit) were One God, but you don't! They explain it all to you, so that you might seek our Lord God, Jesus Christ, and listen to Him, but your refuse!! Over and over and over I find people refusing to seek the instructions of our Lord God!! Jesus is our Lord, because He gives us instructions if we care to believe in Him and listen, and we find out that our Lord, the One who gives us instructions, has the words of God so hearing Him is hearing God!!

That is exactly what Abram said - "Gen 15:2 Abram said, “O Lord GOD,"

If you knew Him as Lord God like Abram you would not have been writing that He is not God! You could not have denied what we read in Jn 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

You would have known that the child born to us which Isaiah spoke about was that child we depict during Christmas time as the child in the manger, and who Isaiah explained was called Might God!

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

And if you listened to Him you would have come to know that indeed He is the King of kings and Lord or lords. Indeed you would have had the angels that serve Him ministering you at times!!

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Still - I know that there is still good news available for the person who repents of their ways, and so is willing to except the reproof the Lord has for them. You just need to repent of thinking that you have it figured out, when it is very clear that you don't. The Scriptures show you to be wrong over and over and over again. So repent, and seek the voice of the Lord, because the good news is that He is there for you to get to know. Now I will tell you that it is easy to hear from Him but hard to believe that. So start off easy! Be willing to except reproof, and consider what He tells you.

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So anyone who is anyone can repent and get reproof from Him, He is just standing there at the door waiting for anyone to ask them into their lives intending to start hearing from Him! That is the GOOD NEWS!!

Still His people, even His people don't have a history of seeking Him and hearing what He has to say to them!

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.

The above is our sad history. The people on earth don't listen to the Lord who speaks! Jesus Christ is the Lord our God who speaks! He is who Isaiah heard from! But the people have revolted against Him, even denying that He exists to be heard from! So He made hearing from Him the ery thing that gives us eternal life! We are saved by having faith in Him, but faith comes from hearing Him, so eternal life comes from hearing Him!

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

So by faith we are saved, but that faith that saves us is from hearing from Jesus Christ!

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Yeah - that is another verse you denied, which just shows that you don't hear from Jesus Christ because it is hearing Him that give a person faith in Him. We hear Him so we know that He is there! It is that simple! His sheep do hear His voice, and so His sheep are those and only those who believe in Him.

Though Isaiah He said the same thing like this:

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson. They will be like wool.

To reason with the Lord our God Jesus Christ (the Word of God) you have to hear from Him!! That's obvious! Just like we reason with another person by having a conversation with them, in the same way we reason with The Word of God (Jesus Christ) by having a conversation with Him.

He once told me:

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.

That basically means the same thing as was written by Isiah and Paul, and John in the verses above!

John also wrote: Jn 3:11 "Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony."

So over and over, taking much time and with much patience I have testified to you about Jesus Christ and about how you need to seek Him. You have no excuse whatever. The Scriptures and all those who wrote them prove you wrong! The Word of God, Jesus Christ, is the Son of God and is God! If you ever hear from God you hear from Him, because nobody knows His Father and anyone He shows. He shows you the Father when He speaks to you, because He only says and does what the Father tells Him! So it is the Father gives the Son the words of God!

Jn 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

The words of the Father are the Son's!! A person that listens to Jesus Christ come to know this, but some don't know or understand!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes He is!! God is One, but you can't understand unless you listen to Him. Jesus Christ is the Word of God

You are so ridiculous in taking it literally. The word of God is a WHAT, not a WHO. Even if of God means Jesus is not God. I am of Boston. Doesn’t make me Boston.

I was just reminded the Apostles Creed does not mention the trinity or dual nature of Christ.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of the Father are the Son's!!

But the converse is not true. The son’s words are not the Father’s. Jesus asked for the cup to be taken from him. God did not ask for the cup to be taken from him.

Only the Father is God - according to Scripture, the word of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But the converse is not true. The son’s words are not the Father’s. Jesus asked for the cup to be taken from him. God did not ask for the cup to be taken from him.

Christ is the "Word made flesh".
That's God as Christ, the Pre-incarnate word".... = John 1

Jesus said, "I Am from Above" and Jesus is the "Bread come down from Heaven"

That is before He was born of a Virgin.
So, its the "who was He before He came down here" that is tripping you up, as you are not considering this, at all.

Who was He before He came down here?

= "The WORD was God", and Christ is the Word made flesh. John 1

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The WORD was God", and Christ is the Word made flesh. John 1

This does not mean that Jesus is God. I suppose you’ve indoctrinated yourself to not even recognize John 1:1 could possibly mean anything else.

Rest assured, if the monotheist Jew, John, meant Jesus is God, he would have said it rather than write the most anti-trinitarian book of the whole Bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This does not mean that Jesus is God. .

I was not taught to : not see it.

I read that Jesus is the WORD.
I read that The WORD is God.
I read that the "Word became flesh".
I read that Thomas said that Jesus is His God.

I read that the world was made through Jesus...... John 1:10.

So, i was not taught to not see all that, or to just ignore it.

I read that God breathed the Holy Spirit into ADAM in Genesis 2:7 and Christ Breathed the Holy Spirit into the 11 Apostles. John 20:22

Only God can give the Holy Spirit, as GOD IS the Holy Spirit.

"God is A Spirit" = THE Holy Spirit.

I then read Colossians 1:16
I read that God told Moses that His name is "I AM that I Am", and then Jesus said. "BEFORE Abraham was, (when Jesus was in Heaven) Jesus told them: 'I AM".

So, i can just keep going and going with the verses that keep showing us that Jesus, pre-incarnate is...the "Let US make man in OUR Image"...
And that is my "" indoctrination.""
Its the Bible.
See, i was not taught to reject the "Trinity". I was only shown that Jesus was pre-incarnate as the WORD and came to this earth as the Word made flesh, and John 1 says the : Word was God.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The
You are so ridiculous in taking it literally. The word of God is a WHAT, not a WHO. Even if of God means Jesus is not God. I am of Boston. Doesn’t make me Boston.

I was just reminded the Apostles Creed does not mention the trinity or dual nature of Christ.

The Scriptures explain that the Word is a He - and God is right so you are wrong. "Behold" responded correctly

Christ is the "Word made flesh".
That's God as Christ, the Pre-incarnate word".... = John 1

Jesus said, "I Am from Above" and Jesus is the "Bread come down from Heaven"

That is before He was born of a Virgin.
So, its the "who was He before He came down here" that is tripping you up, as you are not considering this, at all.

Who was He before He came down here?

= "The WORD was God", and Christ is the Word made flesh. John 1

If you did follow the most important commandment, you would know this - because you would hear from the Word, just like those who wrote the Bible. They knew the Lord our God as the Word - so it is that you read over and over 'the word of the Lord came to me saying. A word is something spoken not someone saying, unless "Word" is the name of the One saying! But by what you write it is clear you don't know The Word like John did.
John knew the person of Christ. So did Abram, Jerimiah, Moses, Isiah...

Each of the following verses show that the word of the Lord is a person who speaks to those who believed in Him. Only a person can speak, and we speak words, but words do not speak, so it is that the Lord speaks to us in parables and saying, and the key to understanding the parable of the Word of God is to understand that The Word of God/word of the Lord is a person (Jesus Christ) who speaks to us personally. But this has not been revealed to you yet. So it is that you know 'The Word" who spoke to those who knew Him!

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
Gen 15:4 Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
1 Sam 15:10 Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying,
2 Sam 24:11 When David arose in the morning, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying,
1 Kings 13:9 “For so it was commanded me by the word of the LORD, saying,
1 Chr 22:8 “But the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness.
Is 38:4 Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah, saying,
Jer 2:1Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

There is the revelation of Jesus Christ. He is the Word of God who talked to everyone who wrote Scriptures, but He has not been revealed to all, and those who He has not been revealed to can not accept that He is the Great I AM who has always been with them to be heard from! They reject that fact, so it was that the commandment was put forth to "HEAR, O ISREAL", because men reject hearing from Him, The Word of God who was with God in the beginning and who is God, and who took on flesh and went to the cross died and rose again by the power of God, and who sits on the throne of God as the King of kings, and all that according to His Father whom only He knows and perhaps those whom He shows the Father too. He shows the Father to us by doing and saying to us only what the Father tells Him!

The to us part is important. Because He only says to us what the Father tells Him He is one with the Father and you have not heard from the Father except through Him. The Father wants Him to have the glory, so His Father gave Him all things, including the Father's words.

So let us look at your other mistake - you wrote:

That was not a conversation spoken to anyone other than the Father and you don't hear any words from the Father in the conversation! What you do hear is that Jesus is getting information from the Father and is totally willing to do what the Father wants even if He is not. It was overheard and written down, to show you the relationship that He has with the Father, and how He is willing to only do what the Father says, but the Father didn't say it to you or others. So it further proves what I have been saying and disproves your understanding, as does all the Scriptures. But to get understanding, like I mentioned, you have to listen to Him. Understanding does not come for leaning on your understanding, but by actually listening to the Lord. And John understood that Jesus Christ was the Word and was with God and was God, but you keep having to deny that and the other verses in the Bible too.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not taught to : not see it.

You were taught wrong.

I read that Jesus is the WORD.

Capitalizing words changes nothing. Not every time in the Bible does the word "word" refer to Jesus. John 1:1-5 are among those times. What makes it more confusing is many translations turn hotous, which mean "that" falsely into "he" and autou which means here or there falsely to "him."

Can you explain how the word can be with God if it is God? (Hint: This is the dead give away that the language is poetic. not literal.)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not a conversation spoken to anyone other than the Father
Doesn't change the fact that YHWH is the only god - who we relate to as father.

Deut 6:4 (NOG) Yahweh is our Elohim. Yahweh is the only God. Other translations say God is one (singular) – and no translation says God is 3-in-one. Also, consider:
… I alone am the Eternal, the only God. Isaiah 45:6 (VOICE)
… I, Yahweh, am your God and there is no other. Joel 2:27

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im like you, I just read it as it is. I don’t read commentaries. I ask God about what I don’t understand. It’s patiently waiting for Him to answer that’s hard for me. I’ll read something like…not worrying about money because God knows what I need. And then I’ll find myself worrying and I go to Him and say, you say not to worry but I do sometimes and I need help with this because I see that I’m not trusting what you said about it because if I did trust, I wouldn’t worry but would just believe you.

You know, there is one other thing I do sometimes when I get confused about something…I will try to gather together all verses about that certain thing, (which is easy to do with the internet now) and then just read all those verses and passages to see if God shows me something I never saw before. If I have index cards, I sometimes write each of them on a single card and lay them all out in front of me in an order that flows well and adds line upon line.

And if it’s say…”anger” I’m looking at, I might also start a different stack on all verses on the opposite thing, like…”forgiveness/forgive.”

He will usually give me help if I do that and stay calm about it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures explain that the Word is a He - and God is right so you are wrong

The Scriptures mistranslated to advance a false teaching.

You were taught wrong.

Capitalizing words changes nothing. Not every time in the Bible does the word "word" refer to Jesus. John 1:1-5 are among those times. What makes it more confusing is many translations turn hotous, which mean "that" falsely into "he" and autou which means here or there falsely to "him."

Can you explain how the word can be with God if it is God? (Hint: This is the dead give away that the language is poetic. not literal.)

Yes, some languages attach gender to words. The word "logos" in Greek is masculine but that doesn't change the fact that words are WHAT's not WHO's.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But by what you write it is clear you don't know The Word like John did.

Here is what i absolutely don't know about Jesus..
I have not met Him, Yet, in the flesh, face to face,....... so, as John did, .... i can't know that part, yet.
But soon...

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You were taught wrong.
Capitalizing words changes nothing. Not every time in the Bible does the word "word" refer to Jesus. John 1:1-5 are among those times.

John 1:14 “The Word became flesh

John 1 : in the beginning was the Word

"Word".

= Jesus