How do you guys feel about psychic powers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19024)
You sure don't sound christian to me
rolleyes.gif

This is an honest answer - even if it is non Christian.When did the line of prophets stop? Why has the NT stopped growing?Are the saints of the Catholic church part of that continuing message or are they dismissed?I have hundreds of questions that no-:angel10:eek:ne seems to want to answer without being glib or dogmatic.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(Wise Haven;19025)
This is an honest answer - even if it is non Christian.When did the line of prophets stop? Why has the NT stopped growing?Are the saints of the Catholic church part of that continuing message or are they dismissed?I have hundreds of questions that no-:angel10:eek:ne seems to want to answer without being glib or dogmatic.
Don't care about honest wolves in sheeps skin. Your 100 questions seem to confuse people because they don't seem to recognise your skin.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19026)
Don't care about honest wolves in sheeps skin. Your 100 questions seem to confuse people because they don't seem to recognise your skin.
Whether I am a Wolf or a Sheep is irrelevant.I have honest questions that require answering from a Christian perspective.Am I athiest, agnostic or Christian? I do not know is the truthful answer. That is why I am trying to find answers. The only Wolves here are the ones biting my head off.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(Wise Haven;19027)
Whether I am a Wolf or a Sheep is irrelevant.I have honest questions that require answering from a Christian perspective.Am I athiest, agnostic or Christian? I do not know is the truthful answer. That is why I am trying to find answers. The only Wolves here are the ones biting my head off.
Either you are a wolf or a sheep only then it is irrelevant. But a wolf in sheep's skin has a lot in it's head.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19028)
Either you are a wolf or a sheep only then it is irrelevant. But a wolf in sheep's skin has a lot in it's head.
I am not being Wolfy:cool:Revelation is accredited to John who received a vision from Christ.Revelation is the last book of the NT and nothing has been added since then.So this leads me to ask (Honest questions) - have there been prophets since then?Are (some of) the saints of the RCatholic church carrying on the prophetic tradition?Are these saints recognized by the rest of the Church?How would we know they were true and distinguish them from fakers/mediums/psychics?

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19026)
Acts:830Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked. 31"How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32The eunuch was reading this passage of Scripture: "He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before the shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth. 33In his humiliation he was deprived of justice. Who can speak of his descendants? For his life was taken from the earth."[e] 34The eunuch asked Philip, "Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?" 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus. Am I on the road to Damascus?Acts 9: 1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" 5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." :bible:

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19028)
This is why I ask so many questions:Mark 3:23So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. 28I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.":bible:

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
I don't know who the people are you asked about. But do I think there are people that can foretell the future (at least part of the time)? then YES.Let's look at scripture. In Acts 16, Paul cast out a demon from a slave girl who could foretell the future. 16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.Was she accurate?-yes. Factual?-yes. Was it from God?-no.Here is my take on the whole subject.Just like there are people that have natural musical talent, or are good with numbers; I think there are people born with a greater awareness of the spiritual world. Ultimately as Christians, the Holy Spirit could broaden this natural talent into a gift of discernment or perhaps prophecy. But in the meantime, these people are more sensitive to outside spiritual forces. Which makes them easier prey to demonic forces.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
From the many things I know about satan; one is for sure he knows scriptures and he even tried to tempt Jesus while he was fasting. Testing God's words against God. After all he has the credit of being an arch angel once. All explanations were given to us by Jesus. All explainations are in '' the Holy book''. Oh, but then again to begin with you doubt ''the holy book'' which is the word of God, right ? One must put his/ her trust in the Father for only His children can enter the kingdom of heaven.Faith can not be forced :naughty: You feel the breeze but can you see it :bible: What good is light for a blind :study:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Wow, Wise Haven, you don't seem to be wise...And there was tons of prophecies being fulfilled. I don't care about answers that tortures the truth of God. We don't want to be around with a wolf in sheep's clothing. Stop trying to hide your idenity.P.S. Amy I so agree with you. What good is light for a blind?

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
This thread was about psychic powers and how niocely one gives it another direction i.e. to prophethood.Perhaps wise haven is looking for a proof like this one:Volume 4, Book 56, Number 741: Narrated As- Scab bin Yazid: My aunt took me to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! My nephew is sick"' The Prophet passed his hands over my head and blessed me. Then he performed ablution and I drank the remaining water, and standing behind him. A saw the seal in between his shoulders." http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...tml#004.056.741The physical evidence was nicely fabricated here after all seeing is believing for some.. So far I knew that clothes had tags with made in written on them. How wonderful it would be to physically tagged as ''made in heaven''
biggrin.gif
Seal of last prophet i.e. the end of prophethood.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19034)
From the many things I know about satan; one is for sure he knows scriptures and he even tried to tempt Jesus while he was fasting. Testing God's words against God. After all he has the credit of being an arch angel once. All explanations were given to us by Jesus. All explainations are in '' the Holy book''. Oh, but then again to begin with you doubt ''the holy book'' which is the word of God, right ? One must put his/ her trust in the Father for only His children can enter the kingdom of heaven.Faith can not be forced :naughty: You feel the breeze but can you see it :bible: What good is light for a blind :study:
I doubt the Holy Book but not the Holy Spirit.The Holy spirit cannot be corrupted but the Holy Book can - by man in altering, editing, and misinterpreting its content.I would argue that Rick Warren (For example) is one of the people who presents the Holy Book with misinterpretation.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yea, I know, Physic powers are satanic, do we still need further proof? I think not, but I don't mind reading more proof.
wink.gif
It reminds of witchcraft.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.(Wise Haven)
I doubt the Holy Book but not the Holy Spirit.The Holy spirit cannot be corrupted but the Holy Book can - by man in altering, editing, and misinterpreting its content.I would argue that Rick Warren (For example) is one of the people who presents the Holy Book with misinterpretation.
I take the fact that you don't believe in full truth. You believe there is only partial truth that only exists.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19037)
This thread was about psychic powers and how niocely one gives it another direction i.e. to prophethood.Perhaps wise haven is looking for a proof like this one:Volume 4, Book 56, Number 741: Narrated As- Scab bin Yazid: My aunt took me to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! My nephew is sick"' The Prophet passed his hands over my head and blessed me. Then he performed ablution and I drank the remaining water, and standing behind him. A saw the seal in between his shoulders." http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...tml#004.056.741The physical evidence was nicely fabricated here after all seeing is believing for some.. So far I knew that clothes had tags with made in written on them. How wonderful it would be to physically tagged as ''made in heaven''
biggrin.gif
Seal of last prophet i.e. the end of prophethood.
Dear Amy,Just for the record: I do not consider Mo as a prophet and none of my posts alludes to him at all!!!It does concern me that Christianity is moving into the same "bad" arena as Islam.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
I just popped back in after answer another thread, and I'm confused about where this is going. What was the question again?WiseHaven makes a valid point about discernment. If both a demon influenced person & a prophet can be giving factual information, then how do we know which is which? I ask myself 2 questions. First, what is the fruit (consequences)? And second, who gets the glory?

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(thesuperjag;19039)
Yea, I know, Physic powers are satanic, do we still need further proof? I think not, but I don't mind reading more proof.
wink.gif
It reminds of witchcraft.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.I take the fact that you don't believe in full truth. You believe there is only partial truth that only exists.
The Pharisees and Sadducees (Religious and political respectively) did not recognize Jesus as The Messiah.I believe that in the second coming this attitude will once again prevent people from recognizing the fact. The same as there not being a recognition of prophets since John and his revelation.I do not imply or accept Mo as a prophet - but I do ask (sincerely) why have there not been any documented prophets since John?

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(Wise Haven;19038)
Exodus 9:21 21 But those who ignored the word of the LORD left their slaves and livestock in the field.1 Samuel 15:23 23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king."2 Samuel 22:31 31 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Nova, The question was "How do you feel about psychic powers?" Answer: Psychic powers are not of God, But the Devil The fruits are corrupted.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(Wise Haven;19040)
Dear Amy,Just for the record: I do not consider Mo as a prophet and none of my posts alludes to him at all!!!It does concern me that Christianity is moving into the same "bad" arena as Islam.
Thank you for confirming this
smile.gif
If I may ask, why are you discussing this in this forum?

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Nova;19041)
I just popped back in after answer another thread, and I'm confused about where this is going. What was the question again?WiseHaven makes a valid point about discernment. If both a demon influenced person & a prophet can be giving factual information, then how do we know which is which? I ask myself 2 questions. First, what is the fruit (consequences)? And second, who gets the glory?
Nova your posts have been valid - and again I reiterate "How can we tell the difference between evil prophets and divine prophets"People seem to think I have a hidden agenda here - I do not!