How do you guys feel about psychic powers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Anybody that tortures the Word of God.... (ie Satan/Lucifer) has a personal agenda.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19045)
Thank you for confirming this
smile.gif
If I may ask, why are you discussing this in this forum?
I am here to find out the answers to questions that were never forthcoming when (several years ago) I was sincerely looking to be born again. I thought a Christian forum would be the best place for that. Do I not accept Christ because the followers do not have integrity or do I reject the followers and go with Christ alone. Hence the question about Christian fellowship:angel10:

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(Wise Haven;19046)
Nova your posts have been valid - and again I reiterate "How can we tell the difference between evil prophets and divine prophets"People seem to think I have a hidden agenda here - I do not!
This is how
smile.gif
(kriss;19017)
The bible says the sign of a true prophet is they are 100% accurate 100% of the time I dont know of a physic that can claim that and prove it. So if you are not 100% correct you are not a prophet of God which is not to say that God cant send each and everyone of us a message. Even if its just that quite little voice inside that says dont get on that plane, or simlular things

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wise Haven)
I am here to find out the answers to questions that were never forthcoming when (several years ago) I was sincerely looking to be born again. I thought a Christian forum would be the best place for that. Do I not accept Christ because the followers do not have integrity or do I reject the followers and go with Christ alone. Hence the question about Christian fellowship:angel10:
Psalm 133:1-3 - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(thesuperjag;19048)
Anybody that tortures the Word of God.... (ie Satan/Lucifer) has a personal agenda.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
I do not understand where I did any torturing of the Word.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
(Wise Haven;19049)
Seek truth because you have found yourself to be imperfect & lacking. Since the God of the Bible is the only source of truth I've found. I'd recommend it. I have read the other holy books of the major religions & found them incomplete. There is some truth. But most lead me back to believing I can be the driving force to change myself. And that isn't true. I need something outside myself. And I found that thru Jesus.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Nova;19054)
Seek truth because you have found yourself to be imperfect & lacking. Since the God of the Bible is the only source of truth I've found. I'd recommend it. I have read the other holy books of the major religions & found them incomplete. There is some truth. But most lead me back to believing I can be the driving force to change myself. And that isn't true. I need something outside myself. And I found that thru Jesus.
Thank you Nova that is the first positive guidance I have had so far!

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
Taming the tongue:This is the first lesson I learned as a potential Christian:James 3:1-9 1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check. 3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. 7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. :bible:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wise Haven)
(thesuperjag)
I do not understand where I did any torturing of the Word.Look down on your old quote.(Wise Haven)
Prophecy as revealed in revelations has not happened yet so how can it be judged as 100% accurate 100% of the time.
The answer is this...Mark 13:33 - But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(thesuperjag;19057)
Look down on your old quote.The answer is this...Mark 13:33 - But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
This tells us to "Watch" and I say that revelations has not come to be a prophecy fulfilled (unless you relate this to the Romans)Therefore it has not come to pass by any percentage.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Amy;19050)
This is how
smile.gif

This is not how because it is not written in the Bible>It is a personal opinion and not written (That is your rules)I can accept personal opinion if it is guided.Is this guided?:study:

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
As the Pharisees and Sadducees denied Jesus, are their like once again to deny the second coming?The prophets have been ignored since John and the revelation.Would you once again put Christ upon the cross rather than accept him again?Think about it!:bible: