How do you 'see' God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good article ,♥︎ love his scripture references. Thank you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you Marks and Heart2Soul.
What do you think of the link if you start at it's beginning.
Christian Issues
I've read a half dozen of the articles. I tried finding the name of the writer but couldn't. But in all honesty the writing reminds me of those who start on the assumption that true spirituality is all but lost, and and that most just want goodies. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, maybe it was an unfortunate selection that gave me the wrong idea.

There seems to be the idea that we shouldn't get too friendly with God, that our lives should be characterized more by fear than love. But in the midst of it all I see quite a number of thoughts I agree with, but outside of that context.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you Marks and Heart2Soul.
What do you think of the link if you start at it's beginning.
Christian Issues
I read through most of them....probably will go back and read some more.....I agree with most of what was written....but most importantly is the writer is expressing a heart of love for God and is willing to share what he believes. A lot of nuggets there to walk away with....thank you for sharing. :)

Reactions: marks

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've read a half dozen of the articles. I tried finding the name of the writer but couldn't.

Much love!

Go to Contact - Abundant Life in Jesus Christ
And scroll to the bottom.
You'll also see a lot of good additional topics listed in the left hand column.
Also you can 'Google' Ernest Tuff, Ballymena ..... He's quite a stalwart in many areas of life.

Last edited:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys and gals, the topic may well quieten down, but my preoccupation continues apace.

The thoughts of Ernest Tuff (the author of www.christianissues.co.uk/) had such immediate impact on me simply because they so exactly brought back the nostalgic memories of the beliefs and mode of worship of my long lost days of faith, that so were so sadly shattered when my first place of assembly imploded in controversy.
But after much pondering I've now retrenched to a place of equilibrium between my earliest faith and the agnostic antagonism that had been developing within me.
I now cling to one big lesson gleaned from Tuff's thoughts; and that is that, from the beginning, intellectual intelligence has progressed in equal measure to the decline of pure trust and faith, and will continue to do so until Christ comes a second time and the question of Luke 18:8 will be answered by "will he find faith on earth?".
But how on earth does one strike a 'golden mean' between two such diametrically opposed positions without resorting to at least a degree of 'intellectual intelligence'?

I am now inclining towards the view that God's creation involved the setting in place of what we call 'the laws of nature' (including the progression of the balance between intellect and faith) and that He does not intervene to negate the process, except perhaps in special occasions of His choosing. Such as the incarnation of Christ (in order to complete the work of exemplifying God and making atonement for sin) and the intervention of the Holy Spirit from the moment of Christ's return to His Father's right hand.
But I no longer feel so much angst against how things have developed in the hands of 'man', realising, as I now do, that nothing happened, or will happen, other than in accordance with God's intention/sanction and foreseen expectation.

I have to learn to ‘button my lip’ and face up to the fact that I am but a microscopic part of that process; shining such puny light as reflects my personal balance between 'intellect and faith'.