How Do You Show Love To Believers of Other Denominations?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people deem the people written to in the Bible as inferior. You may continue to ask questions; but I’m not gonna be able to speak concerning what you subjectively believe yourself. And my hope is you already understand that @Aunty. What you believe is totally subjective between you and yourself with God as your Father.
Many people also go the route of, truth is not subjective. When in hindsight; it very well can be. If a person deems themselves the Bible is still being fulfilled and the world is gonna be destroyed and the last days are upon us. Are all subjective to them, it doesn’t mean people have to believe what they believe to be true.

Like many who believe that Jesus failed in returning, while I believe it by faith, I don’t condemn those who choose to subjectively suggest differently in which they believe Jesus did not fail in returning,

This is why so many debates happen due to subject interpretations, and one always has to go and check about what things people say and not just accept them as truth.

And why love must prevail through differences; to call me a heretic who is a child of the devil who is promoting heresy, and must not be listened to, is fine for people to do. However who are we to really judge anyone and where do we get the authority to do so? It’s not from the Bible.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many people deem the people written to in the Bible as inferior. You may continue to ask questions; but I’m not gonna be able to speak concerning what you subjectively believe yourself. And my hope is you already understand that @Aunty. What you believe is totally subjective between you and yourself with God as your Father.
Well, unless I understand your beliefs, it removes any basis for dialogue.
For me discussing beliefs is beneficial for all who may be truth seekers……not just those who just want to hammer home their own version of things. The purpose of the truth is obvious…..it is what leads us to God.
Many people also go the route of, truth is not subjective. When in hindsight; it very well can be. If a person deems themselves the Bible is still being fulfilled and the world is gonna be destroyed and the last days are upon us. Are all subjective to them, it doesn’t mean people have to believe what they believe to be true.
We are all able to exercise our free will in any way our heart dictates, but it doesn’t alter the truth, which will stand regardless of what we “believe”.
Christ’s return was to alter life on earth as we know it…the “great day of God the Almighty” has not yet taken place, so Christ has not fulfilled his role as Messiah completely until the end of his thousand year reign.
Are you saying it’s already happened and no one notices?

Christ’s return as king of God’s Kingdom, was to facilitate the doing of God’s will “on earth as it is in heaven”…..a fulfillment of Rev 21:2-4…..are you saying that it has already taken place? If so where is the evidence? The “former things” are still taking place.
Like many who believe that Jesus failed in returning, while I believe it by faith, I don’t condemn those who choose to subjectively suggest differently in which they believe Jesus did not fail in returning,

This is why so many debates happen due to subject interpretations, and one always has to go and check about what things people say and not just accept them as truth.
What if the truth is being revealed on these boards, in these discussions, and God is using his true worshippers to tell that truth amidst much opposition….isn’t that what Jesus and his apostles did? (John 15:18-21)
And why love must prevail through differences; to call me a heretic who is a child of the devil who is promoting heresy, and must not be listened to, is fine for people to do. However who are we to really judge anyone and where do we get the authority to do so? It’s not from the Bible.
Love is a necessary component in faith…..but we cannot love what God hates……we can love people but not their actions or beliefs…..we can agree to disagree in giving each other the free choice that God gives us all, but there was a reason why ‘the preaching of God’s Kingdom’ was necessary in the first place, and it was to continue till “the end”…..(Matt 24:14) What is this “the end“ of in your understanding?

Reactions: TheHC

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, unless I understand your beliefs, it removes any basis for dialogue.
Knowing my beliefs, doesn’t take away from the ability to love someone. I realize you are looking for a discussion but I’m trying to keep it as minimal as possible due to respect for the original poster; as what I believe doesn’t have anything to do with the topic.
For me discussing beliefs is beneficial for all who may be truth seekers……not just those who just want to hammer home their own version of things. The purpose of the truth is obvious…..it is what leads us to God.
Beliefs do not negate the need to live, and love by the Holy Spirit given to those whom are choosing to believe in faith of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, growing in knowing the true God and the one whom he had sent, worshiping Yahweh in spirit and truth.

This would be for sure an obvious truth, which is objectively known, and constantly taught, in the Gospel. To say it’s unimportant would for me to dismiss the change of heart which comes from those who become born again into light and transferred away from darkness, in the kingdom of the Son. Where the light shines and burns out the darkness of our own hearts.
We are all able to exercise our free will in any way our heart dictates, but it doesn’t alter the truth, which will stand regardless of what we “believe”.
Thats why I am exercising my rights the way I am. To keep this simple and to the point; and avoid getting to deep with you and your own theology, or whatever you may subjectively believe which of course you are free to share.
Christ’s return was to alter life on earth as we know it…the “great day of God the Almighty” has not yet taken place, so Christ has not fulfilled his role as Messiah completely until the end of his thousand year reign.
That’s a subjective belief.
Are you saying it’s already happened and no one notices?
Does having faith make a person still a criminal?
Christ’s return as king of God’s Kingdom, was to facilitate the doing of God’s will “on earth as it is in heaven”…..a fulfillment of Rev 21:2-4…..are you saying that it has already taken place? If so where is the evidence? The “former things” are still taking place.
This really doesn’t have much to do with the topic. I could respond but there would be no point if I’m gonna keep to my word.
What if the truth is being revealed on these boards, in these discussions, and God is using his true worshippers to tell that truth amidst much opposition….isn’t that what Jesus and his apostles did? (John 15:18-21)
It’s a what if question. People should always double check and never accept even what I say to be factual. Never seek for validation from others either is good advice. One must go to God and read and see what one can figure out by the use of the Bible.

It does not in any way remove the need of the spirit being faithful and loving to others.
Love is a necessary component in faith…..but we cannot love what God hates……
I don’t believe loving God and loving others, means to no report a crime… where fair justice can be meted out. I don’t know why so many people suggest that we are just to go on and love God and just do whatever the hell one wants too…

How can a person entangle that mentality by someone else suggesting the importance of faith and love… loving God and loving others?

But don’t report crimes? Love doesn’t rejoice in wrong doing… the police is an option in order to help and protect… the abused, etc though many people even deem police as inferior…

So much for praying for all people even those people are in high ranks of life like president or life of supervisors or law enforcement- which all us should respect and pray for…

So much for love if one is constantly bickering and griping and complaining and has not had a changed heart.
we can love people but not their actions or beliefs…..
You can love people. You can dislike their actions, and you can dislike their beliefs. If you believe you are to hate them because of that or deem them lesser than, it’s no different than the Pharisee who said “thank you God I’m not like them.”
we can agree to disagree in giving each other the free choice that God gives us all, but there was a reason why ‘the preaching of God’s Kingdom’ was necessary in the first place, and it was to continue till “the end”…..(Matt 24:14) What is this “the end“ of in your understanding?
People who seek out those answers, to those questions may they figure it out, cause it not for me to dialogue here with you on this thread personally for you to cypher through and perhaps leads more questions that I personally may be able to answer, or not be able.

So sorry for that. One end I consider is the end of life itself. My death.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love doesn’t bring up past wrongs.

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

If I have dishonored you in some way, my apologies, and all the best from this side of the internet. :)

I was only going only by your post here.
View attachment 45047

I may have took that wrong, and I did I hope you forgive me.
Dishonoring others? When you judge those you address after writing a narrative you attribute to that one you judge,you dishonor your own self by demonstrating a lack of character.

You dishonor the person you falsely accuse too.

Love doesn't bring up past faults? When they are yours?

Are lies love?
Is self righteousness and an inability to recognize personal errors and faults,love?

Wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dishonoring others? When you judge those you address after writing a narrative you attribute to that one you judge,you dishonor your own self by demonstrating a lack of character.
I’m okay with how anyone may look at me. A no good, or a really sweet person. Their judgement of me can’t change me into hating them. It’s just accept and move on. If you don’t wanna accept my apology if you were dishonored or disrespected. It will not hinder me from continue to post on this here forum. The worse thing that could ever happen would be a banishment charge.
You dishonor the person you falsely accuse too.
My friend I was just going off what evidence I have here.
IMG_0283.jpeg
I thought that was genuinely what you meant, is that we are not suppose to love others.

If I took that wrongly; perhaps you would like to change your response from this post?
Love doesn't bring up past faults? When they are yours?
This dialogue is very challenging to get through.
Are lies love?
Is self righteousness and an inability to recognize personal errors and faults,love?
I don’t know or understand why you see me as someone who looks down on others. I don’t believe you are in any way inferior.
Wake up and smell what you're shoveling.
I’m sorry for whatever your issues personally are with me, sir. That is subjective between you and your ideals of me or who I am. And whatever you may suggest can not sway me from continuing to not love you as a person who seek out God in faith… even if you were and unbeliever. We are to love all people, and to move forward once mistakes are addressed. Not hold on to them.

Those are like weights in the pockets of the one who wanted to walk on water with Yeshua and all the problems of everything else in the world started to take them under (persecutions, beatings, trials) but Yeshua was there to raise them above the “world” above the “flesh” sustaining them by the Holy Spirit afterwards in going forward to continue to spread the good news to the world they knew. If they let them get them down, and under they would have given up, and continued on going on fishing.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The love God has, tolerates no wickedness, and he must “destroy” all who practice evil which is beyond correction. All forgiveness offered by God has to be preceded by genuine repentance. Those who refuse to repent will not be forgiven, nor will they get to live any kind of life because they will be destroyed.…eliminated from existence…disqualified from life. That too is an act of love on God’s part….to protect his children from anyone who will influence them to practice what he condemns. Once this world is gone, no one will ever again be permitted to engage in conduct that has no place in God’s new world. (2 Pet 3:11-13; Rev 21:2-4)
I see your understanding of Grace is limited to human values which you then foist onto God. If it's not good news (gospel) for sinners, it becomes a trading arrangement where God makes demands and if you don't meet them you fry.
Good news of Jesus draws but 'good advice' is the domain of every clever or not so clever salesperson.....and when people realise they've been sucked into a scam, well you can guess!

Have you never taken 1 Corinthians 13 to heart and so gained a knowledge of the nature of Grace? In my estimation, If you had you would never talk about God in the terms you have above.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see your understanding of Grace is limited to human values which you then foist onto God. If it's not good news (gospel) for sinners, it becomes a trading arrangement where God makes demands and if you don't meet them you fry.
That might be your way of viewing things, but it’s not a trading arrangement at all....it’s simply God laying the foundation of his relationship with his children.....he has established his superiority and as Creator, he gets to dictate the terms of our existence, whether we like it or not. We are never in a position to dictate to him.
Good news of Jesus draws but 'good advice' is the domain of every clever or not so clever salesperson.....and when people realise they've been sucked into a scam, well you can guess!

Have you never taken 1 Corinthians 13 to heart and so gained a knowledge of the nature of Grace? In my estimation, If you had you would never talk about God in the terms you have above.
If you think that “grace” is a licence to do as you please, then you yourself have missed the purpose of it.
Why did God give his nation laws with penalties? Was capital punishment unfair? What happened to the Israelites who worshipped the golden calf? Was that unfair?
How about the people outside of the ark? Any “grace” extended there? What on earth do you think “grace” is? We call it “undeserved kindness”, because in essence, that is what it is......just because it is undeserved, does not mean it covers deliberate sin.
God’s Grace is extended to those who repent.....without repentance there is no blotting out of sin.

Acts 3:19-23...
“Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20 and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus. 21 Heaven must hold this one within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old. 22 In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you. 23 Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’”

The “prophet like Moses” was Jesus Christ. “Destruction” will come to those who fail to listen to him....and in listening there must also be actions to back up words....or they mean nothing.

What do you think the lake of fire is? What is Armageddon? Are they just scare tactics or real consequences for failing to get the message that God actually requires something of us? Something for which he will reward us.......It’s not just us requiring something of him. He has standards that are to be met...try offering him your excuses and see what happens....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHC and Wrangler

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That might be your way of viewing things, but it’s not a trading arrangement at all....it’s simply God laying the foundation of his relationship with his children.....he has established his superiority and as Creator, he gets to dictate the terms of our existence, whether we like it or not. We are never in a position to dictate to him.
Surprisingly AJ, God's revelation of himself is not one of 'superior' as you say.....and contrary to human reason as revealed in Jesus, he seeks out the lost and to the alarm of those who desire a dominating self willed God, he submits....even to the point of death. This is Grace on a level unimaginable to the pretentiously pious human heart.
If you think that “grace” is a licence to do as you please, then you yourself have missed the purpose of it.
Grace is not licence but it is freedom. Don't you do what you like? Didn't Adam and Eve do what they liked?......and if we push the idea further, various pagan nations through history and even Israel for that matter sacrificed their children in ways we would find totally abhorrent yet God's freedom given them allowed even this.

Did he approve of it? of course not. The pain he suffered in seeing his creatures whom he had given choice to, no doubt tore his heart and continues to tear it while we observe the recalcitrant behaviour of our fellows from comfortable arm chairs and convenient electronic communication.
How about the people outside of the ark? Any “grace” extended there?
This begs the question, was it God who drowned the antediluvians? Well, Moses who we understand wrote the record seems to think so but when I look at how Jesus behaved towards those who stuck their fingers up his nose and did all sorts of unimaginable things to him which are not recorded, (to the point where scripture tells us he was hardly recognisable as a human being) a different picture emerges.

If one wants to use the OT perspectives of how the folk who wrote the scriptures understood God to be, we fall at odds with the testimony of Jesus. Consider the story of the Prodigal Son, one which Jesus coined (not borrowed) to relay the attitude of his Father....and the attitude of his older brother.

It seems to me that largely, the OT peoples view of God is preferred by most in NT times yet somehow these same folk use Jesus as a rubber stamp to sanction their 'correct' view of the OT ideas of God's character.

I see Jesus as the full revelation of the character and attitude of God towards the messed up inhabitants of this planet and as a result a different picture than that of a God itching for his pound of flesh and of his heart emerges.
I would go so far as to assert, that unless we see Jesus we will, according to our sinful nature, tar God with the attributes of evil.....and would add, that is how clever that former shining angel has been to influence our understanding of God.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Surprisingly AJ, God's revelation of himself is not one of 'superior' as you say.....and contrary to human reason as revealed in Jesus, he seeks out the lost and to the alarm of those who desire a dominating self willed God, he submits....even to the point of death. This is Grace on a level unimaginable to the pretentiously pious human heart.
Jesus represented God’s character as well as his unyielding justice....it is this very Jesus who comes with his angelic forces to hold humans to account. He is the judge of who are “wheat” and who are “weeds”...so what is the destiny of those rejected by God’s appointed judge? You can tell me your version of events but I will rely on God’s word rather than your opinion.
E.G.White did not “rediscover God”.....apparently in your mind, she reinvented him.
Grace is not licence but it is freedom. Don't you do what you like? Didn't Adam and Eve do what they liked?......and if we push the idea further, various pagan nations through history and even Israel for that matter sacrificed their children in ways we would find totally abhorrent yet God's freedom given them allowed even this.
God allows all humans, “enough rope”.....he gives them time to use that rope to either free themselves from the pit of lies concocted by the devil.....or to hang themselves. We are the ones who decide how to use it.
Did he approve of it? of course not. The pain he suffered in seeing his creatures whom he had given choice to, no doubt tore his heart and continues to tear it while we observe the recalcitrant behaviour of our fellows from comfortable arm chairs and convenient electronic communication.
There is a reason for that which seems to escape you....
This begs the question, was it God who drowned the antediluvians? Well, Moses who we understand wrote the record seems to think so but when I look at how Jesus behaved towards those who stuck their fingers up his nose and did all sorts of unimaginable things to him which are not recorded, (to the point where scripture tells us he was hardly recognisable as a human being) a different picture emerges.
Does it? Or only in the way you choose to see God as the mamby pamby all forgiving sop you paint him to be.....he is very much the God of......”shape up or ship out”.....which he demonstrates all through Scripture. You act like the OT God is not the NT God.....show me where he changed. Scripture tells us that he does not change....so where does this new God emerge in your imagination?
If one wants to use the OT perspectives of how the folk who wrote the scriptures understood God to be, we fall at odds with the testimony of Jesus. Consider the story of the Prodigal Son, one which Jesus coined (not borrowed) to relay the attitude of his Father....and the attitude of his older brother.
One of my favourite parables.....look at the story in detail.....
The son demands his share of his father’s inheritance and leaves home to live a life of debauchery, squandering his wealth on good times and false friends...until the money runs out and he discovers that his so called friends have all left, his life is in the toilet, he is destitute and no one gives a damn.

Taken to the brink of despair, envying the carob pods that the swine he was herding, were eating, (Jews did not herd swine) he determined to go back home to his father, not as an entitled son, but as a mere hired worker, humbled by his complete betrayal of his father and his family.

It is to be noted that his father did not argue with his son’s original decision, but gave him what he asked for and let him go. He did not communicate with him or send anyone to find out about his welfare or plead with him to come home. In his wisdom, the father knew that life lessons are the greatest teachers.

Only when he saw his son’s return from “afar off” and noted his contrite demeanour, did he run to meet him. The encounter was heart rending and tearful as the son asked to be a hired worker, because he was not worthy to be called his son anymore. But his father was convinced that the life lesson was worth every penny that he had wasted. He was just overjoyed to have him back, knowing that his repentance was genuine......this is the story that the Bible tells......it sounds like you have a very different take on it.
It seems to me that largely, the OT peoples view of God is preferred by most in NT times yet somehow these same folk use Jesus as a rubber stamp to sanction their 'correct' view of the OT ideas of God's character.
It’s one God QT...he hasn’t changed and never will.
I see Jesus as the full revelation of the character and attitude of God towards the messed up inhabitants of this planet and as a result a different picture than that of a God itching for his pound of flesh and of his heart emerges.
I would go so far as to assert, that unless we see Jesus we will, according to our sinful nature, tar God with the attributes of evil.....and would add, that is how clever that former shining angel has been to influence our understanding of God.
“I see” God as he has always presented himself.....and always will....as the supreme Sovereign of the Universe...the highest Being in existence....the Creator of all that exists, including his precious son, whom he sent into this world, to save those who obey him. if you want to reduce him and imply that he does not enforce his clearly stated standards on those who think “grace” means something other than what Scripture teaches, then that is on you. You have reinvented God and misrepresent him to others. Those who want an excuse to keep sinning will love it.

Why do you suppose that God has always appointed teachers for his people? They have to account to God for what they have taught, and where it has led their students. (Heb 13:17)

In the same chapter, Paul says.....(20-21)
“Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant, 21 equip you with every good thing to do his will, working in us through Jesus Christ what is well-pleasing in his sight, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”

Unless we live lives that are “well pleasing” to the God of our “great shepherd”, in ‘doing his Father’s will’, the blood of Christ has not covered our sins if we are still willfully practicing them.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s one God QT...he hasn’t changed and never will.
I agree AJ with your above statement and I would answer to the rest of your lengthy post, it is only Jesus as he walks the dusty streets of our Planet who gives us the full view of God's character. It was for this purpose he was sent.

Reverting to a picture of God which the rest of humanity including Israel's Prophets ascribe to God becomes possible only when one does not see Jesus ie, does not understand his objective.

A little illustration; When a few Greeks approached the disciples to see Jesus and the disciples in turn relayed the message to Jesus. Here is Jesus' reply.....including the story for context;

John 12:20-27
Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the feast. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and requested of him, “Sir, we want to see Jesus.” Philip relayed this appeal to Andrew, and both of them went and told Jesus.

But Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify Your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Humanism is rife in Christianity today and this above statement is no exception. God never submits to anything, or anyone, only the Son submitted to the Fathers Will and was exalted by Him because of his obedience. How can you speak of Grace of a Single All Powerful Deity who you do not know?

That is the conundrum.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Humanism is rife in Christianity today and this above statement is no exception. God never submits to anything, or anyone, only the Son submitted to the Fathers Will and was exalted by Him because of his obedience. How can you speak of Grace of a Single All Powerful Deity who you do not know?

That is the conundrum.
It is a conundrum for you, However I speak of it because I see Jesus!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is a conundrum for you, However I speak of it because I see Jesus!
You see a version of Jesus through fleshly eyes.

I don't think in all my time in this forum, I've ever seen a believer state the God submits and that He is a God that dies...

It's not dimness of sight, its blindness.

F2F

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree AJ with your above statement and I would answer to the rest of your lengthy post, it is only Jesus as he walks the dusty streets of our Planet who gives us the full view of God's character. It was for this purpose he was sent.
He was “sent” for more than one reason QT.....he loved the human race enough to lay down his life for them.....but it is painfully obvious that not all will benefit from his sacrifice because they failed to listen and obey what he taught about his Father. Obedience is what is stressed all down through history and disobedience has always led to trouble....are we getting the message?

Jesus was appointed King of God’s kingdom because he lived as a human and knows what being in mortal flesh is like....although he himself was sinless, he had the imperfections of humanity all around him (including his apostles). This is why we can be confident of his ability to govern redeemed mankind with intimate knowledge of his subjects, along with his elect (chosen ones) who are also tested in all respects like himself...they will be compassionate kings and priests because they can empathise with the human condition.
Reverting to a picture of God which the rest of humanity including Israel's Prophets ascribe to God becomes possible only when one does not see Jesus ie, does not understand his objective.
Yet Jesus is the one who carries out God’s justice upon those who fail to bring their minds, hearts and lives into harmony with the teachings of God and his son.
Are you not familiar with the depiction of Christ Jesus in Revelation as a mighty warrior King, leading his angelic forces to victory over those who thought he would never bring them to justice?

The ride of the four horsemen is set forth in Revelation 6:1-8. Revelation is “presented it in signs”, and thus it is full of signs and symbolisms significant of things of far greater importance in human history. These were to take place in the future, “shortly” in God’s counting of time. (2 Peter 3:8)
So this gentle Jesus is also the judge, jury and executioner of his Father’s enemies. Can he be both?....the scriptures tell us that he is both. Jesus can get angry like his Father.....remember when he drove out the money changers, telling them that he had turned his Father’s house of worship into a den of thieves.
Righteous indignation is justified.
A little illustration; When a few Greeks approached the disciples to see Jesus and the disciples in turn relayed the message to Jesus. Here is Jesus' reply.....including the story for context;

John 12:20-27
Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the feast. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and requested of him, “Sir, we want to see Jesus.” Philip relayed this appeal to Andrew, and both of them went and told Jesus.

But Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify Your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
And you leave it unexplained.....tell us what the point of this quotation is to you....because I will probably see something completely different, looking through a very different lens.....

What is this an illustration of?

Reactions: TheHC

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“I see” God as he has always presented himself.....and always will....as the supreme Sovereign of the Universe...the highest Being in existence....the Creator of all that exists, including his precious son, whom he sent into this world, to save those who obey him. if you want to reduce him and imply that he does not enforce his clearly stated standards on those who think “grace” means something other than what Scripture teaches, then that is on you. You have reinvented God and misrepresent him to others. Those who want an excuse to keep sinning will love it.
@quietthinker

Did you read this?

A single All Powerful Creator Who by His Word created everything including His Son?

As Peter wrote "Blessed be the God (creator) and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ"...He cannot be tempted with evil, nor can he die - impossible for Flesh to glory in His Presence, such is His Brilliance. No man has seen Him, or can see Him.

So when Aunty Jane (who we rarely see eye to eye) speaks of you reinventing God it means exactly that - you have created a god in your own image after your own likeness to suit your theology.

You need to own that...humble yourself before Him and become teachable again if necessary because every time you write a post it is always full of error.

Blunt but true.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s amazing some of the things one can read around here.
It's an honorable thread Wrangler!

The struggle is seeing the One True God misrepresented so often...it's hard to let that past to the keeper. In true Aussie lingo, we need to play those with a straight bat!

I am often reminded of Stephens speech in Acts 7 and how he confounded the Sanhedrin to the point they stoned him. Often the arguments formed are so concise and coherent, that no-one can refute their truthfulness and the only action/reaction is to stone.

F2F

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will talk to anyone who wants to listen period !

I do not look at their religion, i talk about Christ Jesus ! not a Church denomination.

Whoever comes to talk too me, may say that everyone in their denomination all think the same in regards their denomination, well i say that's not true ! as i have never come across such ever in my life time yet. they are coming from a shalow possition saying such rubbish, but when one digs in, i find everyone has their own opinions truly, only the shallow religious idiot will not admit it. or go to that depth !

I came across this with my Priest in Bible studdy when i was 16yo and he would walk away just sprouting rote. no depth at all, or he could of talked to me on that level but he was only a Priest pushing the doctrine of that Church, period ! He was not truly coming from Christ Jesus in fact first and foremost. it was his religion he was on about foremost in fact sadly ! They all have to sell a product and they do not want people to understand things in depth, i have seen such leadership get up in a great huff ! for they do not want their own denominations people to look past what they peddle !
Fot this world is full of deceptions and delusions and one better understand that is a fact that Jesus pointed out.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was “sent” for more than one reason QT.....he loved the human race enough to lay down his life for them.....but it is painfully obvious that not all will benefit from his sacrifice because they failed to listen and obey what he taught about his Father. Obedience is what is stressed all down through history and disobedience has always led to trouble....are we getting the message?

Jesus was appointed King of God’s kingdom because he lived as a human and knows what being in mortal flesh is like....although he himself was sinless, he had the imperfections of humanity all around him (including his apostles). This is why we can be confident of his ability to govern redeemed mankind with intimate knowledge of his subjects, along with his elect (chosen ones) who are also tested in all respects like himself...they will be compassionate kings and priests because they can empathise with the human condition.

Yet Jesus is the one who carries out God’s justice upon those who fail to bring their minds, hearts and lives into harmony with the teachings of God and his son.
Are you not familiar with the depiction of Christ Jesus in Revelation as a mighty warrior King, leading his angelic forces to victory over those who thought he would never bring them to justice?

The ride of the four horsemen is set forth in Revelation 6:1-8. Revelation is “presented it in signs”, and thus it is full of signs and symbolisms significant of things of far greater importance in human history. These were to take place in the future, “shortly” in God’s counting of time. (2 Peter 3:8)
So this gentle Jesus is also the judge, jury and executioner of his Father’s enemies. Can he be both?....the scriptures tell us that he is both. Jesus can get angry like his Father.....remember when he drove out the money changers, telling them that he had turned his Father’s house of worship into a den of thieves.
Righteous indignation is justified.

And you leave it unexplained.....tell us what the point of this quotation is to you....because I will probably see something completely different, looking through a very different lens.....

What is this an illustration of?
I leave it unexplained because it’s as obvious as a train smash.
You do not see it because your attention is elsewhere… and what’s more, you cannot and will not see it because your multiple justifications won’t allow it.

Jesus also asked the religious teachers, ‘why can’t you hear what I’m saying?…go on, look it up and check the context.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker

Did you read this?

A single All Powerful Creator Who by His Word created everything including His Son?

As Peter wrote "Blessed be the God (creator) and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ"...He cannot be tempted with evil, nor can he die - impossible for Flesh to glory in His Presence, such is His Brilliance. No man has seen Him, or can see Him.

So when Aunty Jane (who we rarely see eye to eye) speaks of you reinventing God it means exactly that - you have created a god in your own image after your own likeness to suit your theology.

You need to own that...humble yourself before Him and become teachable again if necessary because every time you write a post it is always full of error.

Blunt but true.

F2F
I would say it is you who have created a god in your image as has the rest of humanity.

The God of Jesus is as unpopular today with many teachers as it was when they had him strung up back then. Their God was one who did battle in the way they thought battle was to be done and when Jesus didn't capitulate they did what they did to all who witnessed to the God of love.