How do you worship? Your Church's view on worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Extol the Lord our God and worship at His footstool! Holy is He! Psalm 99: 5

As long as you worship In Spirit and Truth no matter how you express worship it's fine. At my church we cry, bow, lay prostarte, wail, holler, shout, some speak in tongues, pray, roll, run, and just bask in the glory of God. We believe that their is freedom in worship as long as it is based in the word of God.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I think that everyone is different and that is why we have so many denominations and worship styles. For example many people don't like solemn structured liturgical services and prefer the kind of thing you mentioned but others would find that kind of thing a bit chaotic and offputting. Some people like structure and some likesomething more fluid and engergetic.

In my Church we use the Book of Common Prayer or Common Worship, we sit, stand and kneel at set times and we always know what is going to come next. It's very solemn abut joyful to in a more sedate way. Then there is the candles, the incense and the traditional hymns. In our church the Eucharist is the main part of the service and the sermon is nice and short.

It's the kind of service that works for me but its not for everyone just as if I went to a Pentecostal service I wouldn't know what to do when people start jumping up and down. I can udnerstand what you mean about freedom in your worship and I can see it would be a gret way of expressing yourself but it's not for me.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Extol the Lord our God and worship at His footstool! Holy is He! Psalm 99: 5

As long as you worship In Spirit and Truth no matter how you express worship it's fine. At my church we cry, bow, lay prostarte, wail, holler, shout, some speak in tongues, pray, roll, run, and just bask in the glory of God. We believe that their is freedom in worship as long as it is based in the word of God.
Is it OK to dance naked like David in your church? It is based in the scriptures.

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Mark 12:30 - And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.

Is it OK to dance naked like David in your church? It is based in the scriptures.

Of course we must still stick in the common sense. If went to church without clothes, it implies that you don't love God with all your mind because of not using common sense. Also, the church member may think something wrong or immoral things.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the way david danced is unscriptural. God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth(john 4:24). david danced with all HIS might(2 sam 6:14). dancing, lifting hands, kneeling, laying on your face before the Lord and ect is fine and dandy but if you are not worshiping God in spirit and in truth then you might as well not even be worshiping for all the good it is doing. don't get me wrong david was under another covenant than we were so for his time and day he was fine but under the new covenant it is not scriptural to worship in OUR own strength.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I think there's a time for everything. There is freedom, but we must be wise as to how we use it. :)

All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the way david danced is unscriptural. God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth(john 4:24). david danced with all HIS might(2 sam 6:14). dancing, lifting hands, kneeling, laying on your face before the Lord and ect is fine and dandy but if you are not worshiping God in spirit and in truth then you might as well not even be worshiping for all the good it is doing. don't get me wrong david was under another covenant than we were so for his time and day he was fine but under the new covenant it is not scriptural to worship in OUR own strength.
That's gotta be the weirdest logic I've come across yet.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Formatting the worship of God is completely ridiculous......may as well rate a sunset.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Isn't dancing naked a bit pagan? I don't think it is something Christians should be taking part in.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't dancing naked a bit pagan? I don't think it is something Christians should be taking part in.
Who was dancing naked? Why do you think it's pagan? Why shouldn't Christians take a part in it?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dancingnaked is part of the black mass. and druids used to do it at palces like stonehenge.

Dancingnaked is part of the black mass. and druids used to do it at palces like stonehenge.

Ok... So who danced naked? David didn't. He was wearing a skirt and it flew up. but he was not naked... He was wearing clothes.

Druids also used candles in their black mass. My church used candles last Sunday. Why? We had a hurricane come through and the power was out. We used candles for light. So using candles is wrong?

Getting back to David... He wasn't naked. He just danced so hard that things happened. He wasn't dancing for anyone to see. He was dancing for the Lord, and he knows what we look like naked. My, you have a dark heart to condemn people because someone may have exposed his tallywacker!

Who's side are you on? David gave praise to God and didn't pay attention to the flesh. Michael his wife did....She was upset that the young girls might have seen her husband's goods. You on David's side or his wifes? keep in mind that David cut off the wife after that, simply for being jelous of his praise of God. Damn.... David really didn't believe in the Gospel of Love!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
We've got candles coz we're a liturgical church. so what.>

So David's clothes came off by accident, that's fair enough, but it doesn't mean that Christians should go into holy places and start stripping off and dancing.

P,S, Druids don't ahve black masses, witches and satanists do, but druid's did dance naked at stone circles like Stonehenge. I can't say for modern druids however and I'm hardly going to go and find out.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
i was away from all the riots because I live in the North of England. Although, I was having dinner with friends in the centre of Leeds when one of us got a call to say that there was a rumour of riots so we left, but there was no riot, just Soccer related violence which is why the town was filled with Policemen. It was basically rumours started by people who put 2 and 2 together and got5.

So in answer to your quesiton, I kept well away from teh riots.