How does an adult become a Catholic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good article I would say the same is true about other denominations too, there are many cultural Christians.

And I know from having a little look at the Catechism, there are unfortunately many who don't take their faith seriously.
As the jews who believe not in Christ hold onto the Kabbala so too does the RCC hold onto its catcheism . And both books contain errors .
The two horns of the RCC and the zionism of the jews will soon hold this world as one to be a slave unto satan .
I know my language appears so grave , so serious and so outdated . BUT GO YE BACK INTO THE GOOD BOOK known as the bible
and behold how JESUS and later the apostles too would speak . WHEN a soul is in danger my heart cannot help but to warn .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stand firm on the holy scriptures sister . Stand firm upon the original pattern . The harlot is sucking all into her web of deception .
Soon they shall be all of one mind and of one heart . Beware her , for she has trodden under foot the SON of Man
and has hollered unto the world that she holds the KEYS to salvation . But a harlot she is .

Reactions: Pearl

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, what started by Josho as a sensible question has now been turned by amigo de christo (and others) into yet another anti-Catholic hate thread.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what started by Josho as a sensible question has now been turned by amigo de christo (and others) into yet another anti-Catholic hate thread.
Dead wrong on that assumption . I , by grace , actually love the catholics . ITS why i warn COME OUT of that RCC and fast .
As for hate threads or responses , take a peek at what illuminator or bread of life says about protestant folks .
I am not of those either . But i have seen great hate and much anger in the hearts of those two .
Not even thee faith has that kind of rage in him . Beware those two . Beware them .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I think Josho had other intentions for this thread. And it's never good for people to speak hate against other denominations.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Josho had other intentions for this thread. But it's never good for people to speak hate against other denominations.
When JESUS warned , was he spouting hate . I trow not . Just cause a man warns dont mean he is spouting hate .
IF you would like a biblical definition of hate both in the old and new testament , then hear this .
YE shall not hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in ANY way rebuke and correct them and not allow sin upon them .
AND in the new testament .
BUT i have this against you , YOU ALLOW . note that word , JUST ALLOW .
YOU allows that false prophetess jezebel to teach and to seduce my servants . I REFUSE TO ALLOW the RCC
or any other church , to teach and to seduce the lambs that i do so love . Now allow me to take
a word from paul . THOUGH THE MORE Abundantely i love you , others and all , THE MORE i be hated and seen as a hater .
BUT be that as it may . You wont answer to me on judgement day , i wont answer to you . ALL OF US will answer to CHRIST .
NEVER forget that . NEVER .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When JESUS warned , was he spouting hate . I trow not . Just cause a man warns dont mean he is spouting hate .
IF you would like a biblical definition of hate both in the old and new testament , then hear this .
YE shall not hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in ANY way rebuke and correct them and not allow sin upon them .
AND in the new testament .
BUT i have this against you , YOU ALLOW . note that word , JUST ALLOW .
YOU allows that false prophetess jezebel to teach and to seduce my servants . I REFUSE TO ALLOW the RCC
or any other church , to teach and to seduce the lambs that i do so love . Now allow me to take
a word from paul . THOUGH THE MORE Abundantely i love you , others and all , THE MORE i be hated and seen as a hater .
BUT be that as it may . You wont answer to me on judgement day , i wont answer to you . ALL OF US will answer to CHRIST .
NEVER forget that . NEVER .
You have an opinion about the RCC. I see nothing wrong with the RCC other than a history that was corrupt. But now days they do well as Christians. And that's my judgment of the RCC. We are taught from scripture to allow others that proclaim Jesus:

Mark 9:38-40

New International Version

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dead wrong on that assumption . I , by grace , actually love the catholics . ITS why i warn COME OUT of that RCC and fast .

If you love Catholics you have a very strange way of showing it.

As for hate threads or responses , take a peek at what illuminator or bread of life says about protestant folks .
I am not of those either . But i have seen great hate and much anger in the hearts of those two .
Not even thee faith has that kind of rage in him . Beware those two . Beware them .

Is that your justification for your hate fest - that others are as bad?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have no doctrines? Where did you get the idea that Catholic doctrines are not Christ centered?

From the RCC. I was just talking to my daughter about this last night in comparing how both JW and RCC usurp Christ’s authority claiming it as their own.

In the Apostasy movie, the JW Elder rationalized the verse where Christ did not come to being peace but division to support their practice of disfellowshipping.

Historically, Papal edicts have asserted the authority of the RCC is equal to Christ, in violation of the headship of 1 Corinthians 11:3. In addition, the assert the power to be a mediator between us and God. Officially, I have to get approval to leave the RCC.

There is no grace in either tradition but an oppressive, works based organization who seeks power over its members. That’s where the idea comes from that Catholic doctrines are not Christ centered - decades of actual experience with them. Yours?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
... the RCC oppose Protestants right to exist, claiming we lack any credibility outside the ‘one, true’ church.
Untrue.
From Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, (later Pope Benedict XVI) The Meaning of Christian Brotherhood, discussing heresy
Heresy, for Scripture and the early Church, includes the idea of a personal decision against the unity of the Church, and heresy’s characteristic is pertinacia, the obstinacy of him who persists in his own private way. This, however, cannot be regarded as an appropriate description of the spiritual situation of the Protestant Christian. In the course of a now centuries-old history, Protestantism has made an important contribution to the realization of Christian faith, fulfilling a positive function in the development of the Christian message and, above all, often giving rise to a sincere and profound faith in the individual non-Catholic Christian, whose separation from the Catholic affirmation has nothing to do with the pertinacia characteristic of heresy. (my emboldening)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an opinion about the RCC. I see nothing wrong with the RCC other than a history that was corrupt. But now days they do well as Christians. And that's my judgment of the RCC. We are taught from scripture to allow others that proclaim Jesus:

Mark 9:38-40

New International Version

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us.
Because emotions of what feels good has set in my friend . Many are led by emotions and not the truth .
When in TRUTH , GOD would have given us the real joy of knowing HIM .
YE are as many now my friend , my dear friend , you overlook things for the sake of good feelings and getting along .
WHEN in TRUTH folks within the RCC still pray to those they ought not too . And this is not love .
If i allow my own dear son and daughter to skate on ice because they love to do so , and yet the ice is THIN and i see the dangers
and just keep silent so the children will be happy . I have become a hater and a monster . For the second that ice breaks my children do drown .
ARMOUR UP and QUIT YE LIKE MEN and stop going in the false direction . I say this out of the depths of my heart . Out of great love for all .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @theefaith has made it painfully clear over and over again that as Muslims oppose Israel’s right to exist, the RCC oppose Protestants right to exist, claiming we lack any credibility outside the ‘one, true’ church.
No man made churches
No Muslims either

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Untrue.
From Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger
What I wrote is true. The very fact that Ratzinger wrote that piece was a reaction to a half Millenia record of Catholics denying Protestants the right to exist outside the ‘one, true’ church - that continues to this very day, right here on these forums.

Your post stands in contrast to reality, as if written by a government propagandist stating theoretical ‘policy’ while denying the actual policy in practice.

Muslims deny the holocaust to this day. The holocaust cannot be true since they deny it, right?!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I wrote is true.
But you provided no evidence for your claim

The very fact that Ratzinger wrote that piece was a reaction to a half Millenia record of Catholics denying Protestants the right to exist outside the ‘one, true’ church

Evidence provided for that claim? NONE!

- that continues to this very day, right here on these forums.

Your post stands in contrast to reality, as if written by a government propagandist stating theoretical ‘policy’ while denying the actual policy in practice.

Muslims deny the holocaust to this day. The holocaust cannot be true since they deny it, right?!
You mean like everything you claim must be true just because you claim it?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My concern is for those in whatever denomination who have received a false gospel and who have been taught the ways of their denomination above and before the ways of God. A good few years ago I heard from God to pray for the Catholic church so I do. I have been shown that the RCC is a cult so I make no apology for my attempts to open people's eye to this. I do not hate Catholics.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My concern is for those in whatever denomination who have received a false gospel and who have been taught the ways of their denomination above and before the ways of God. A good few years ago I heard from God to pray for the Catholic church so I do. I have been shown that the RCC is a cult so I make no apology for my attempts to open people's eye to this. I do not hate Catholics.

Of course it's not a cult - unless you have your own personal definition of a cult!
Rather like Humpty Dumpty:
"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,'?" Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't-till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'?"
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean-neither more nor less."
(Alice Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll)

Status
Not open for further replies.