How does arguing with people about religious beliefs make you feel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Wow....are you posting this on every thread?
I'm really saddened by this....an action of a bitter and angry man. As I said elsewhere, even if youve been truly wronged, this is NOT the Christian way to handle it. :(

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Here's the deal rach. aspen makes statements that contradict catholic doctrine. When confronted with that fact he doesn't profess or acknowledge those catholic doctrines.
He then takes issue with it.

Long story short, hes being untruthful about what he believes. And I know of no Catholics that regardless of what sect. that can deny certain doctrinal principles like the ones below. In the other thread he himself said that one was 600 years old. Well I had the evidence posted here that it is still tough today. The truth is catholics loss credibility If people understand what it truly means to be catholic. People like myself can see that their testimony has no merit in light of the catholic doctrine. Thats what upsets aspen and Selene thats why they don't like that information made public.

Now you can say its alright and in love reason with them, but all that will accomplish is allowing them an exit door to avoid the point. As you can see above aspen came back attempting to down play the point. So you go right ahead and tell him its ok. to be disingenuous about what he believes. That would be the loving thing to do right?

My brother, what you say does not upset me at all. After all, if Aspen post things that are not in line with Catholic doctrines, I don't see why that should bother you. If you look under the thread "Hell is God's mercy," you will see that I have told Aspen that I don't recognize it as Catholic doctrine especially being a Catholic myself. If a Catholic makes an error in teaching church doctrine, another Catholic who recognizes the error can correct it, and we correct it with love, not with viciousness.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
He's very insecure and lashes out because he believes attack is the best form of defence. That's why he lashes out at Catholics.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Selene is right - some of my ideas may not be explicitly taught in the Catholic Church - and others are just ideas I am thinking about at the moment. I have never claimed to be teaching Catholic doctrine. The irony about Bud is that if I were teaching Catholic doctrine he would flip out about heresy being taught on this board - people who hate themselves often condemn others no matter what they do. So, like I have always said, if you are interested in Catholic doctrine please check out the Catholic Catechism.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I stay away from the arguments on here because its ridiculous.. There is one Jesus Christ, and he is not divided, and with Jesus there is simplicity not confusion.
Its like what paul said 'for the letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life'.. Alot of people on here try to share wisdom with the letter, I see them Putting the verse numbers to like 100 different verses in one post, instead of building each other up with the Spirit, they think the letter can edify; I just disregard those long carnal posts.

Wow; You put this so well
smile.gif

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Thanks to everyone who answered my question... glad to hear I'm not alone...

I also believe we should stand firm in the gospel... but I don't believe that means to argue... I'm coming to a place that saying what I believe once is enough... feeling the need to argue comes from a desire for the other person to tell me I'm right... but the truth doesn't need anyone's approval... that desire comes from my own ego and pride...

Love you guys...

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I feel bad and drained on the inside aswell. I feel like I did not witness as I should. But you get so upset because they are bashing God and it seems like they are not listening to what you are saying. Some even try to make you think by using the bible to support your stance that you are not as academically advanced or intelligent as they are!