How does the Theory of Penal Substitution Atonement necessitate the Cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where most believers "can't see it", has to do with just one thing, really...
Its this..
Salvation, is not what you do.... It's what JESUS did for you, on the Cross, that God gives to you as "the gift of Salvation".
So, as you are trying to push through the theological junk you find on all Christian forums trying to find some Light and some depth, just notice if the person who is talking about things related to salvation is giving all the Credit to the Cross and Jesus's Blood, or if they are trying to teach that YOU have to work at it, to keep it. = salvation.
This is how you instantly recognize those who are not saved, and those who are but are heretics. (Legalists).
Just completely ignore anyone in a pulpit, on a TV, or on a Forum who tries to teach you this..

1. You can lose your salvation

2. God chooses some for hell and does not allow them their free will to Choose Christ, instead

3. That you have to keep yourself saved.

If you just notice who is teaching these 3 Heresies, you can protect yourself and your family from being "faith ruined".
As these people who teach those 3 heresies, literally have as their "ministry" the desire to ruin your Faith in Christ, and your Hope in God.

1. Hebrews 6:1-8; Hebrews 10:26-31; Jude 1:5. Salvation can indeed be lost.

2. Jude 1:3-4. Wicked men who were foreordained to this condemnation teach grace as a license for sin.

3. 1 Peter 1:5. We are kept by the power of God through our faith. Therefore it is expedient that we continue in His word (John 8:31-36); because faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). Also, to him who has will more be given; but to him who has not will be taken away even that which he hath (Luke 8:18).

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1. Hebrews 6:1-8; Hebrews 10:26-31; Jude 1:5. Salvation can indeed be lost.

There is no such thing as a "license to sin". This is the carnal creation of people who hate Truth, despise Grace, and Reject the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

You can't lose Salvation, as you didn't earn it...... Its not yours.....Its GOD's who provided it.
So, to say you can lose something that you didnt earn, is to live in a state of pride whereby you believe you have more control of your Eternity then God.
Stop being foolish.
Stop being a baby believer.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I am kept by the power of the Lord through faith (1 Peter 1:5).

This means that if I were to lose faith, I would no longer be kept.

Of course, I am also sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) so that faith will be maintained by Him through the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.

So then, if I did not have the Holy Ghost, but did have faith, I suppose that it would be possible for me to lose my salvation.

Of course, being sealed with the Holy Ghost is the result of faith.

I know that there is no such thing as grace as a license for sin...however there are those who teach it as that...and their condemnation was marked out long ago.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where most believers "can't see it", has to do with just one thing, really...
Its this..
Salvation, is not what you do.... It's what JESUS did for you, on the Cross, that God gives to you as "the gift of Salvation".
So, as you are trying to push through the theological junk you find on all Christian forums trying to find some Light and some depth, just notice if the person who is talking about things related to salvation is giving all the Credit to the Cross and Jesus's Blood, or if they are trying to teach that YOU have to work at it, to keep it. = salvation.
This is how you instantly recognize those who are not saved, and those who are but are heretics. (Legalists).
Just completely ignore anyone in a pulpit, on a TV, or on a Forum who tries to teach you this..

1. You can lose your salvation

2. God chooses some for hell and does not allow them their free will to Choose Christ, instead

3. That you have to keep yourself saved.

If you just notice who is teaching these 3 Heresies, you can protect yourself and your family from being "faith ruined".
As these people who teach those 3 heresies, literally have as their "ministry" the desire to ruin your Faith in Christ, and your Hope in God.
Sorry, I believe as I always have, that one can choose to become apostate. That isn't heresy, it's historical Christianity.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a "license to sin". This is the carnal creation of people who hate Truth, despise Grace, and Reject the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

You can't lose Salvation, as you didn't earn it...... Its not yours.....Its GOD's who provided it.
So, to say you can lose something that you didnt earn, is to live in a state of pride whereby you believe you have more control of your Eternity then God.
Stop being foolish.
Stop being a baby believer.
Now you sound like a Calvinist.