How far does 100 U.S. dollars go in India? Interesting video.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was curious about the cost of living in India. I know it is much cheaper than the USA and elsewhere.

Found this interesting video. Trying to spend $100 in India....not easy because everything is so cheap!

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Behold

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The above video was posted around 12 months ago and the exchange rate was about IRs 75-76 per $1 USD.

The top ten exchange rates snipped from a Google search page the exchage rates were: -

1695757437242.png

Living costs in India will vary. The living costs for a foreigner will be inflated because the foreigner is considered to be a cash cow for them.

Shalom

Reactions: Debp and L.A.M.B.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living costs in India will vary. The living costs for a foreigner will be inflated because the foreigner is considered to be a cash cow for them.

I did see some videos where the tourists were being charged much more for something.

One tourist was buying ice cream for a few street children and was charged more. A local stepped in and got him the actual price.... 20 cents each, rather than the 75 cents for each ice cream.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another video about the cost of living in India.

This American guy moved to India. He rented a two bedroom apartment for only $167 a month! Video is only three years old.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched another three year old video by the above guy. He mentioned prices of groceries, restaurants, clothing, etc, all extremely cheap. He said it only costs him $1.32 to get his haircut!

Didn't post the video as it included some Hindu stuff to visit for free. But everything else was interesting.