• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The entire bible...both Old and New Testament, is "how God is doing something, being revealed over time". And what is He revealing? He's revealing "I am Holy, you are not, and here is why.....and here is how I SOLVED IT".

The entire central principal core of the Bible, is....."RIGHTEOUSNESS"...... Its all about that..... How it was lost, the harm this caused us by being lost, why it was lost, and WHO finally came to restore us back TO Righteousness.

IN the Garden of Eden you find the first revelation of How God is going to later resolved the "sin issue" for the entire world, when you had 2 brothers, who came to God to be accepted and one was rejected totally, because he did not bring the BLOOD OF ANOTHER,.. He tried to be accepted by God by doing WORKS......by self effort, and God denied him, utterly. He was so upset about this that he murdered His brother, because of his ENVY that Abel was accepted and Cain was not.

.....Adam and Eve knew God. They had perfect fellowship with God.. They enjoyed spiritual communion with God, at all times. They lost this spiritual relationship to God, by transgressing God's order to NOT DO SOMETHING.

From this event, you have the "fall".. And this event created spiritual death in them, and upon every human ever born, since then.

In Philippians, You have the Apostle Paul who says....>"i kept the law....i am blameless in the Law......i broke no law i broke no commandments, and yet, all this perfect Self -Righteouness, he describes as "" dung"""... Its useless, because God does not accept it.......and why? Because Paul was born into sin..>He was born with a dead spirit and a fallen nature that had to be "born again", and all his perfection regarding living a perfectly Holy LIFE, as a man..."blameless in the law", could do nothing to resolve his fallen nature and dead Spirit. Jesus says..>"you MUST BE BORN AGAIN"....

So, what IS this spiritual death? Its the LOSS OF Holiness, as defined as RIGHTEOUSNESS. So, the bible then begins a long journey to show you the process of coming to understand how we are able to get this RIGHTEOUSNESS BACK. In the OT God shows you that it takes BLOOD to pay for, or to "atone for" sin. The scripture says..>"without the shedding of Blood there can be no purging, no washing CLEAN, of you.....regarding how your sins have made you dirty in God's eyes, or unrighteous..

God shows us, as the bible continues to reveal more and more in the OT..... that there was a once a year offering of animal blood that , in a sense, forgave the Jews, for a year, their sin. And yet, this process was not a completed solution because the effect of the clearing of sin was temporary. So, God is showing us in the OT that the Law is our enemy, because it has no ability to make us or give us or restore to us "righteousness".. It only has the POWER to define us as sinners and our deeds as SIN. Its by the revelation of the Law that we see ourselves as dirty as compared to a HOLY GOD.

So, in ALL THIS, we see that we are helpless. We, can't do anything to bring back our Lost Righteousness that God requires us to have so that we could be RESTORED into His family. So what can we do? We are helpless.....we are SO LOST....

Enter JESUS. Jesus is God come to Earth to die on a Cross. And this sacrifice by God on the Cross is the POWER OF GOD that eternally forgives, pardons, and redeems us from our sin. This is accomplished by God Himself as Christ, bearing and becoming not just our sin, but the sin of the Entire World. "For God so loved the WORLD that He GAVE......and whosoever will BELIEVE"..

So, this Sacrifice by GOD on the CFOSS.... is a one time and eternal payment for the sin of the world that is FREELY offered to "all who will call on the Name of Jesus, and be saved..( born again)".

This is God, on the Cross, paying for the sin of the World, AND offering us His Righteousness as This HOLY GIFT. And when we hear this "Gospel" that im giving you, and Trust in Christ, then God sees that Faith in our heart and accepts it, and then HE FREELY gives to us His "gift of Righteousness" which then completely restores us into the same RIGHTEOUS Sinless condition that Adam was in before his righteousness was lost because of His disobedience to God, which caused us to be born with the same fallen nature.

And the BEAUTY of God's free Gift of Righteousness, is that its maintained for us by God, because its HIS GIFT that is given. He takes full responsibility for not only saving us with His very own Blood, but this same BLOOD is an Eternal Redemption.....its "Everlasting".....Its, "once and for all"......It can't be broken, it can't be lost, it can't be stopped, because it's GOD doing it all for us, for FREE by Himself.

Philippians 1:6. "God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to Complete it"..

God's faithfulness, is TRUE.

Salvation is God saving us and keeping us Saved , so that we always have God's righteous as our very own, = once we are BORN AGAIN.

This is the GRACE of GOD.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The entire bible...both Old and New Testament, is "how God is doing something, being revealed over time". And what is He revealing? He's revealing "I am Holy, you are not, and here is why.....and here is how I SOLVED IT".

The entire central principal core of the Bible, is....."RIGHTEOUSNESS"...... Its all about that..... How it was lost, the harm this caused us by being lost, why it was lost, and WHO finally came to restore us back TO Righteousness.
You say you solved it?
Puzzles are solved, so are mysteries, equations, and problems, so I'm wondering what exactly did you solve, Behold?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

IN the Garden of Eden you find the first revelation of How God is going to later resolved the "sin issue" for the entire world, when you had 2 brothers, who came to God to be accepted and one was rejected totally, because he did not bring the BLOOD OF ANOTHER,.. He tried to be accepted by God by doing WORKS......by self effort, and God denied him, utterly. He was so upset about this that he murdered His brother, because of his ENVY that Abel was accepted and Cain was not.

.....Adam and Eve knew God. They had perfect fellowship with God.. They enjoyed spiritual communion with God, at all times. They lost this spiritual relationship to God, by transgressing God's order to NOT DO SOMETHING.

From this event, you have the "fall".. And this event created spiritual death in them, and upon every human ever born, since then.

In Philippians, You have the Apostle Paul who says....>"i kept the law....i am blameless in the Law......i broke no law i broke no commandments, and yet, all this perfect Self -Righteouness, he describes as "" dung"""... Its useless, because God does not accept it.......and why? Because Paul was born into sin..>He was born with a dead spirit and a fallen nature that had to be "born again", and all his perfection regarding living a perfectly Holy LIFE, as a man..."blameless in the law", could do nothing to resolve his fallen nature and dead Spirit. Jesus says..>"you MUST BE BORN AGAIN"....

So, what IS this spiritual death? Its the LOSS OF Holiness, as defined as RIGHTEOUSNESS. So, the bible then begins a long journey to show you the process of coming to understand how we are able to get this RIGHTEOUSNESS BACK. In the OT God shows you that it takes BLOOD to pay for, or to "atone for" sin. The scripture says..>"without the shedding of Blood there can be no purging, no washing CLEAN, of you.....regarding how your sins have made you dirty in God's eyes, or unrighteous..

God shows us, as the bible continues to reveal more and more in the OT..... that there was a once a year offering of animal blood that , in a sense, forgave the Jews, for a year, their sin. And yet, this process was not a completed solution because the effect of the clearing of sin was temporary. So, God is showing us in the OT that the Law is our enemy, because it has no ability to make us or give us or restore to us "righteousness".. It only has the POWER to define us as sinners and our deeds as SIN. Its by the revelation of the Law that we see ourselves as dirty as compared to a HOLY GOD.

So, in ALL THIS, we see that we are helpless. We, can't do anything to bring back our Lost Righteousness that God requires us to have so that we could be RESTORED into His family. So what can we do? We are helpless.....we are SO LOST....

Enter JESUS. Jesus is God come to Earth to die on a Cross. And this sacrifice by God on the Cross is the POWER OF GOD that eternally forgives, pardons, and redeems us from our sin. This is accomplished by God Himself as Christ, bearing and becoming not just our sin, but the sin of the Entire World. "For God so loved the WORLD that He GAVE......and whosoever will BELIEVE"..

So, this Sacrifice by GOD on the CFOSS.... is a one time and eternal payment for the sin of the world that is FREELY offered to "all who will call on the Name of Jesus, and be saved..( born again)".

This is God, on the Cross, paying for the sin of the World, AND offering us His Righteousness as This HOLY GIFT. And when we hear this "Gospel" that im giving you, and Trust in Christ, then God sees that Faith in our heart and accepts it, and then HE FREELY gives to us His "gift of Righteousness" which then completely restores us into the same RIGHTEOUS Sinless condition that Adam was in before his righteousness was lost because of His disobedience to God, which caused us to be born with the same fallen nature.

And the BEAUTY of God's free Gift of Righteousness, is that its maintained for us by God, because its HIS GIFT that is given. He takes full responsibility for not only saving us with His very own Blood, but this same BLOOD is an Eternal Redemption.....its "Everlasting".....Its, "once and for all"......It can't be broken, it can't be lost, it can't be stopped, because it's GOD doing it all for us, for FREE by Himself.

Philippians 1:6. "God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to Complete it"..

Salvation is God saving us and keeping us Saved , so that we always have God's righteous as our very own, = once we are BORN AGAIN.

This is very far off the mark. The OT is indeed about righteousness. And many were declared righteous...so your premise that righteousness was lost is false. You are not understanding what righteousness is.

What was lost is holiness...not righteousness. A connection to God.
A righteous person sins...but then makes amends...repents...makes it right. Think of the publican and the Pharisee. The publican saw his own sin before God and acknowledged he was a failure. And God justified him for his truth and honesty.

Righteousness is doing what is right as much as is possible in your own capacity. And being honest to see your own lack. That's it.

God doesn't expect us to do beyond our own power. But he expects us to be humble and honest.

Grace on the other hand is the power to walk as Jesus walked. It is His gift of God's level of righteousness. And this is at the holiness level. (Not to be confused with Abraham and having his own righteousness declared by God)

Today...the confusion seems total. There is so much churchy error in doctrine that people have no understanding of the most basic things. We need to start over again.

The end result of a false grace is that we become liars and thieves to God. We remain sinners but claim to be justified by our beliefs and knowledge...even while we walk in our own power and strength. And that religious strength we use to justify ourselves and condemn others to hell.

For a better understanding of how God sees the modern doctrines we must look to His word.

Zechariah 5

5 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

4 I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Reactions: faithfulness

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think this is an excellent work, although some of it can be a little misleading. Yes, the Law in a sense became our "enemy." But in reality, the Law was a genuinely good covenant between Israel and God. It was only an "enemy" because it was temporary, and not eternal. It exposed the things that had not been completely dealt with, precisely because the remedies were only temporary.

I enjoyed that. It was, I think, well written, and ably described.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you really don't know what was lost in the garden do you? and you don't know who experienced the loss.

they died according to God's Word correct? so the day they ate they died. when one dies to this world his flesh ceases to function therefore the life therein is not present in the world. but the Life they died from isn't the same as the life of the flesh.

Luk 3:38  Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. 

and A&E was given or left with the life of the flesh dust to dust ashes to ashes.

and all the sons of man (Adam) have received the same life when born into the world. God didn't breath the breath of His Life into frogs or dogs He breathed into the man.

therefore A&E were removed from the Presence of God and technically dead to Heaven as one would be dead to the world. to be in the world one must be born of it just as one must be born of that which is in Heaven to be in Heaven. that is what they died from that day.

we are given God's place in the earth via His Presence in us.

so the Lord God moves to restore what was lost to Him. Jesus restored us to the Father. and that started with Abel the first man to experience death in the flesh. and God made sure we know He heard Abel's blood crying out to Him.

so from then to the Lamb that was slain is a message. Noah ten generations from Adam found Grace therefore all sons of Noah receives the same life Noah had that can find God's Grace. then Abraham the man of Faith ten generations from Noah his children can receive the faith of Abraham via Jacob by the Grace that Noah found. for the Jew as Paul teaches through Grace by Faith.

you should also take note that the bread is first mentioned with Adam the wine is first mentioned with Noah and the second time either are mentioned is when the High Priest brings the bread and the wine to Abraham. note Jesus administers the bread and wine teaching that He is the bread (sustenance) and wine (Spirit) of Life He brought to us.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is very far off the mark. The OT is indeed about righteousness. And many were declared righteous...so your premise that righteousness was lost is false. You are not understanding what righteousness is.

What was lost is holiness...not righteousness. A connection to God.

My understanding is the same as Paul's.

The "connection" to God you are talking about, is simply a disconnection that is based on SIN.

"Sin" is the eternal disconnect between every person and Righteous God.
This has to be corrected for each person, and God did this, for us all.
Jesus , who is God, said...>"if you don't believe that I AM Messiah, Savior, then you will die on your sin".
"dying in your sin" is the "disconnect" issue that has to be solved for each person, or they will spend their life after death disconnected from God as well, and that is not a pretty picture.
John 3:36 explains to you what is currently happening with regard to every person who is not born again.

To resolve the disconnect, is what my simple Thread explained to you.
God has to establish in each person, His own Righteousness...... "the Gift of Righteousness".
If you want to go to heaven, you have to become as righteous as God..
You can't do this for yourself, so, God did it for us.
To accomplish this He had to fulfill the law as a man, die for the sin of the world as a Messiah , and come out of the GRAVE, alive.
Jesus did.
This accomplished "Salvation", John 3:16 for every person by making God's Righteousness available= THROUGH Christ.
This is Salvation.
This is "born again".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My understanding is the same as Paul's.

Paul who?

Presumptions aside I do think your theology lines up with Martin "Lex" Luther...that disaffected monk who changed the truth into a lie. So you have that going. Once you start condemning people to die at the stake and to become fully anti-Semetic...you will have grown into a fully mature member of your theology club.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul who?

Presumptions aside I do think your theology lines up with Martin "Lex" Luther...that disaffected monk who changed the truth into a lie. So you have that going. Once you start condemning people to die at the stake and to become fully anti-Semetic...you will have grown into a fully mature member of your theology club.

Ive made no presumptions.

Now, You've stated to me, a lot of phony innuendo, but im use to this from you, and it matters exactly = ZERO.

Here is one thing , episkopos, i can teach you, but i can't learn it for you.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think this is an excellent work, although some of it can be a little misleading. Yes, the Law in a sense became our "enemy." But in reality, the Law was a genuinely good covenant between Israel and God. It was only an "enemy" because it was temporary, and not eternal. It exposed the things that had not been completely dealt with, precisely because the remedies were only temporary.

I enjoyed that. It was, I think, well written, and ably described.

Hi,

i wrote you a detailed response, but i decided to just post it as a Thread.

"how the law harms you".

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you really don't know what was lost in the garden do you? and you don't know who experienced the loss.

If you want to go to heaven, you have to have something resolved.
Your sin.
What resolves this for you? God as Christ, on the Cross.
The 1st Adam lost Holy Spiritual Communion for us ALL, and the 2nd Adam, Jesus, resolved this for everyone who is born again.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to go to heaven, you have to have something resolved.
Your sin.
What resolves this for you? God as Christ, on the Cross.
The 1st Adam lost Holy Spiritual Communion for us ALL, and the 2nd Adam, Jesus, resolved this for everyone who is born again.

Adam and Eve died of the Life they had
see the Life Adam had that he died from:

Luk 3:38  Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. 

Jesus having the Life of Son of God came into the world so the faithful may live the Life Adam had before he died of it. hence restoring to the Father sons of God through the Son of God

just what do you think Abraham Isaac and Jacob means? note the father the son (beloved son) that was offered and Jacob renamed Israel of which there is the as the Lord their God called them, Children of Israel via the twelve.

hence the actual Life of the Father through the Son offered, via the twelve that are "born of Spirit"

the Shepard looked for the sheep that are his that are lost, that would be lost to who? the Shepard of course.
you can't loss what you never had. seeing your in Israel you should understand that the Jews receive the life Abraham has via Isaac and Jacob. and you should be able to see how the Lord God treats them even today with the same contract by the hand of Moses.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
just what do you think Abraham Isaac and Jacob means? note the father the son (beloved son) that was offered and Jacob renamed Israel of which there is the as the Lord their God called them, Children of Israel via the twelve.
hence the actual Life of the Father through the Son offered, via the twelve that are "born of Spirit"

Noone was "born again" until after the Cross was raised and this "gift of righteousness" was offered as John 3:16.

Abraham believed God and this faith was accepted.

So, im not really following you, DPMartin., regarding your comment that "the Twelve are born of the Spirit"

Are you speaking about the Great Trib when God is going to resume His business with the Jew?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus solved it.
And, when its taught correctly, the teaching once believed is the "solved".
Jesus solved the problem of mankind not being holy. Yes, I'll go along with that. Remember those "JESUS IS THE ANSWER" stickers...some people who saw them said, "Ok, but what's the question?"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus solved the problem of mankind not being holy. Yes, I'll go along with that. Remember those "JESUS IS THE ANSWER" stickers...some people who saw them said, "Ok, but what's the question?"

Redemption is really a very simple idea, that is an incredible outcome.

For us, the "sinner" to go to heaven, where there is no sin found, we had to be made as righteous as God himself.
Heaven is not a place of sin, or carnality. Its a place filled with HOLY Righteous Beings.
So, we have to be of equal righteous to be accepted there for eternity.

The OT shows you the progressive revelation of How God was achieving this righteousness for us.
First, He gave the law which detailed for us our fallen unrighteous state.
Next came the animal sacrifices, as God was showing that Blood is necessary for cleansing of sin.
"without the shedding of blood there is no remission/forgiveness/putting away"....
All this..... taught us that the Law established us as unrighteous and the animal sacrifices were not good enough because they could not SUSTAIN our righteousness OR give us a mind that is free from sin consciousness.

= Enter GOD on the CROSS.
He as Christ obtained a "once and for all' Eternal redemption FOR US on the Cross, and offers it as the "Gift of Righteousness".
John 3:16
And once we believe on Jesus, and receive Him as savior, God then (causes) gives us a "new birth", that is our born again righteousness as a "new creation IN CHRIST".., whereby we are made by the blood of Jesus to be righteous as God.
This now establishes us as "the righteousness of God In Christ", and THIS is why God can accept us and take us home and will always keep us.