How God Proved The Bible Alone Is True And That All Other Religions Are Lying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you're a new Christian, you should know that the question, "How do I know the Bible is true?" is often answered inadequately and, thus, needlessly invites skepticism:

"Because God says it is".
"Because my preacher says it is."
"Because my father/mother/grandparent says it is."
"Because when I began reading it, it made me feel better."
"Because (insert miraculous experience here) happened in my church."

Skeptics are quick to point out that all religions believe their god is the true God, preachers and family are not infallible, the heart is deceitful above all things, and supernatural phenomenon is found throughout the religious world. It's true. All religions look the same. They all have houses of worship, priesthoods, rituals, sacred texts, even signs, wonders, and miracles. However, there's one thing that the Bible contains that's not found in any other religion - prophecy. That's why over 2,600 years ago in Isaiah 41, the God of the Bible threw out a challenge to the rest of the so called "gods" of this world to prove their divinity by demonstrating an ability to do what He Himself has effortlessly done over and over in the Bible:

"DECLARE UNTO US THE FUTURE, THAT WE MAY KNOW YOU ARE GODS".

Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

Now, if I were Allah, or Buddha, or Baphumet, or Zeus, or Baal, or Zoroaster, or any of the rest of them, and I heard Him say that, I'd have been furious. I'd have immediately called my religious leaders together and told them to grab pen and paper and get ready to right down all these future events that are coming to pass, if only to shut that arrogant Jehovah up.

2,600 years later, and not a single one of these false "gods" has stepped up to the challenge. Not one. You can read the Koran, the Lotus-Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Mahabharata, or any other religious book of any world religion and you will not find anything that even begins to approach the level of quantity, specificity, and accuracy of fulfillment of prophecy that is found in the Bible. Because the author of all these false systems of worship, Satan, is a creature like you and me who can't say for certain what will happen tomorrow, let alone thousands of years into the future, as the prophecies of Daniel and John the Revelator demonstrate. This is why the "sacred texts" of the rest of the religious world pale in comparison to the Bible with its Spirit of Prophecy contained therein. Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. They infamously claimed that the book of Daniel had to have been written much later and then inserted into the Bible as an "ancient" book, a claim that has since been debunked by archaeology. 2,600 years later, the challenge remains unanswered, and the Bible remains alone as the only sacred text which contains accurate testimony of many different prophets of the Most High Savior God.

So, the next time you hear the question, "How do we know the Bible is true?" you can answer confidently in the words of Jesus: "And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe."
Amen! And also we have the witness of the Holy Spirit who draws us to read the scriptures, and often quickens passages to us and ministers to us through them and witnesses to their veracity. He is leading us into all truth and showing us things to come.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

And we know this - How exactly?

"Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. "

And the bearing or relevance of that to anything in the world today is what exactly?

Far too much is made of the 'prophesies' in the Bible, when frankly, they strike me as being of absolutely no importance of any kind whatsoever. Now, if Daniel had written 'One day, humans will be able to communicate with each other across the world via a connected set of devices called computers that are connected to a vehicle that will be called 'the internet', then we might have had reason to be impressed.

Fact is, people 'prophesise' all the time. Stop 100 people at random on any street in the world and ask them what they think is going to happen, even next week, let alone 1000 years later, and at least 3% of them will probably be right. Alan Turing correctly predicted that computers would shrink. An illiterate trash collector I once knew correctly and very accurately predicted the establishment of a now very well established part of our society nearly 30 years ago. And 20 odd years ago, I 'prophesised' that devices would exist that would allow the speakers of one language to talk into a device that would instantly translate into another language - step forward Google translate. And I am sure there are millions of people in the world, looking at how things have turned out and patting themselves on the back and saying 'I saw that coming'.

So Daniel, predicted the rise of fall of what are now totally irrellevant 'great Eastern empires' So what?
God Himself testifies in His word and speaks into the spiritual realm to the powers and principalities about His greatness and ability to not only know the future but to be sovereign over it. But you need to be born of the Spirit and have His Spirit in order to have any understanding of these things. He is not trying to prove things and pander to the carnal mind of fallen man (carnal mind is enmity with God).

1Co 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Surely, the Lord God will do NOTHING, but He revealeth His secret to His servants the prophets".

Reverend S, please open the Bible and see what it says before climbing on the internet to "darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge".
First, actually coming to FAITH in Christ would help too. ;)