How is it a terrible thing to fall into the hands of a living God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Apparently for the Saints this is obtainable?
I'm unsure how to interpret that scripture but his love passeth knowledge.

Reactions: Waiting on him

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Apparently for the Saints this is obtainable?
Well, here you go throwing a wet blanket 10 feet from the fire. You do have a point to an extent though. Did I actually admit that in a public forum???

But, I think we may have a context issue here. I know I can be dumber than a box of rocks some times. But I don't think that verse is saying exactly what you think it may be saying...

Ephesians 3:13: Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Again, dumber than a box of rocks, but isn't this saying through the spirit, we're going to understand all the things that Jesus did for us by His sacrifice for the Jews, and retrospectively for the Gentiles? Because if you read the first of the chapter, we see Paul saying 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Then he said: 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Mystery of Christ, the Messiah, and why it was necessary that He came, lived the perfect and sinless life, died, and finally arose. That's just me though... Just read the chapter and tell me if you think I'm off base here.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, here you go throwing a wet blanket 10 feet from the fire. You do have a point to an extent though. Did I actually admit that in a public forum???

But, I think we may have a context issue here. I know I can be dumber than a box of rocks some times. But I don't think that verse is saying exactly what you think it may be saying...

Ephesians 3:13: Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Again, dumber than a box of rocks, but isn't this saying through the spirit, we're going to understand all the things that Jesus did for us by His sacrifice for the Jews, and retrospectively for the Gentiles? Because if you read the first of the chapter, we see Paul saying 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Then he said: 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Mystery of Christ, the Messiah, and why it was necessary that He came, lived the perfect and sinless life, died, and finally arose. That's just me though... Just read the chapter and tell me if you think I'm off base here.
What do I know first off, but since you asked. What I see here is Paul is asserting that this affection and love he is showing fourth to them and his tribulations endured (Christ in him) should be the thing manifesting the love of Christ to them?

I know you see me as very unorthodox, and that’s ok. We could probably still be friends.

Reactions: The Parson

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do I know first off, but since you asked. What I see here is Paul is asserting that this affection and love he is showing fourth to them and his tribulations endured (Christ in him) should be the thing manifesting the love of Christ to them?

I know you see me as very unorthodox, and that’s ok. We could probably still be friends.
No my friend. I already see you as my friend.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother, Beulah, loved me more than any other human being. I'm still grieving her loss.
If mama was a lamb of the Lord it is she who now dwells in the presence of HE who has saved her and kept her from falling .
The place where all lambs yearn to be she is forever free , and that is with the KING . Its those left behind that will still suffer
upon this earth , but not without HOPE . FOR JESUS is our hope and our Home awaits us with the LORD . March on in the Lord .
Those who love the Lord love every word He ever spoke . To the LORD be all glory and all praise .
It is now up to us to stand firm unto the end . And we must make our stand now . The final stand of the lambs upon
the Rock of our salvation . Fearing neither man nor what he can do to us . A life lived for JESUS no matter what it suffers
is a life truly lived and full of hope no matter what abounds against it . For that mind knows that to live is JESUS
to suffer even the loss of all things for HIM is only gain and to die is only gain for forever will we be with the one who set us free .
But beware for soon persecution will arise against the true lambs . And not just in foreign and strange countries
but here . This world is fast becoming what is known as all inclusive , we are one , its religions are even merging to be as one .
And soon we will be hated by not just those of this unity religion , but even the mass of christendom which not only is fast accepting it ,
but even led it to start with . that is right our betrayer came from within . Came under the guise of those who were amongst us
but they were not amongst us . Not in spirit nor in truth but in lip alone . Its coming and we must not fall for the deception that abounds .
WE must resist the lie and we must make our final stand to contend for the true faith . As the church came into the world
with much blood , so too shall it leave this world in the final hour with much blood and heavy betrayal . And that betrayal my friend
will come from many who even claimed His name but fell for a lie .

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 corinthians 5 NET;MOUNCE - Living by Faith, Not by Sight - For we - Bible Gateway

God tells us in his word that all things are predestined by his will and plan and for his glory.
We're also told, as students of the New Testament, that God has written the names of those who are eternally irrevocably saved by his grace, are written in the book of life God created before he made the world.

Therein I think the answer to the OP question is,yes.
Is it a terrible thing that everything was and is predestined that made salvation necessary?
Yes.

Reactions: dev553344

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If mama was a lamb of the Lord it is she who now dwells in the presence of HE who has saved her and kept her from falling .
The place where all lambs yearn to be she is forever free , and that is with the KING . Its those left behind that will still suffer
upon this earth , but not without HOPE . FOR JESUS is our hope and our Home awaits us with the LORD . March on in the Lord .
Those who love the Lord love every word He ever spoke . To the LORD be all glory and all praise .
It is now up to us to stand firm unto the end . And we must make our stand now . The final stand of the lambs upon
the Rock of our salvation . Fearing neither man nor what he can do to us . A life lived for JESUS no matter what it suffers
is a life truly lived and full of hope no matter what abounds against it . For that mind knows that to live is JESUS
to suffer even the loss of all things for HIM is only gain and to die is only gain for forever will we be with the one who set us free .
But beware for soon persecution will arise against the true lambs . And not just in foreign and strange countries
but here . This world is fast becoming what is known as all inclusive , we are one , its religions are even merging to be as one .
And soon we will be hated by not just those of this unity religion , but even the mass of christendom which not only is fast accepting it ,
but even led it to start with . that is right our betrayer came from within . Came under the guise of those who were amongst us
but they were not amongst us . Not in spirit nor in truth but in lip alone . Its coming and we must not fall for the deception that abounds .
WE must resist the lie and we must make our final stand to contend for the true faith . As the church came into the world
with much blood , so too shall it leave this world in the final hour with much blood and heavy betrayal . And that betrayal my friend
will come from many who even claimed His name but fell for a lie .
She loved the Lord. I pray that when my time comes to lay down my life that I would honor the Lord in how I pass. I'm not the bravest person. Thank you for the encouraging and wise words. Shalom.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She loved the Lord. I pray that when my time comes to lay down my life that I would honor the Lord in how I pass. I'm not the bravest person. Thank you for the encouraging and wise words. Shalom.
Believe me our strength comes not from us , but from HE who died for us . Just HOPE IN HIM and Grow in grace .
Knowing , by grace , what i know now , the day of my departure will only be a day of celebration with the King .
This ol world offers no hope for me . But JESUS DOES . To live is Christ to die is only gain . His will be done .
Forward march , in weakness His strength shall be made perfect . No fear of death , only HOPE IN HIM .

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are written in the book of life God created before he made the world.
More specifically, if you don't mind me adding. The Lambs book of life. Two books. The book of life where all names are written at birth, and then blotted out of if they refuse to accept God's free gift of salvation! And then we have the Lambs book of life, where the redeemed are written in never to be removed (blotted out)... Just a thought...

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More specifically, if you don't mind me adding. The Lambs book of life. Two books. The book of life where all names are written at birth, and then blotted out of if they refuse to accept God's free gift of salvation! And then we have the Lambs book of life, where the redeemed are written in never to be removed (blotted out)... Just a thought...
Scripture?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cos their not baptized members of Christ
Lacking the salvation found by blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of a God!
Your first thought is water baptism and Mary? Perhaps you don't know that Jesus is the Savior, not Mary nor water baptism.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation and He was in Mary for 9 months

there is only one church in the Bible founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 eph 2:20

the so called reformers were not apostles and had no authority
So, all non Catholics aren't Christians?