How is it that we say that we no longer are bound by the Word of God in our new covenant?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
And we say we are to walk by FAITH not the Word of God. But doesn't Christ lead us to obey him? Fallen man does not have a problem with reading the Word who was written in the STONE which is Christ the stone of stumbling... Fallen man has trouble walking in the Word they can't seem to keep in LINE with HIM. We are to walk by faith and how does the Bible say faith comes?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

When we feed our eyes and ears on the Bread of life which Jesus says is he, then the Word gets down into our hearts as God promised He would do for us, write His Word upon our hearts to not just be a hearer, but by the Spirits help, a DOER of the Word to edify Christ's body into the fullness of Christ as a child of God. God says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks and when we have the Word of God written and hidden in our hearts our FAITH grows and our words become God's Word or living water that flows out of our belly's to cleanse all who hear them.

Rom 4:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
KJV

So the law is not done away with, but is not something that we can obey in our fallen nature, we must be born again and due to the Spirit of God ONLY can one say that Jesus is Lord of their life, meaning without the Spirit no MAN can follow the Word where ever he(the follower) goes meaning in all their ways. The fallen nature can not obey the law of God for he can not hear the Word of God as he is of darkness and likes it that way. Jesus is the Light that shines on their darkness and to them, the Word of God is like death. But we are not of the darkness IF we allow the Word to dwell in us for he saves us by bringing us into the light so that we SIN NO MORE.

James 1:20-25
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
KJV

John 8:42-47
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth{THY WORD IS TRUTH}, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
KJV