How is Jesus Firstborn from the dead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

When we get rid of the false tradition of being born with sin, whether in the soul or the body, then we can answer this question simply.

Jesus was the only man to live life unto the end, even as He was first born into the world with mortal body: without sin nor sinning afterward.

Every other living soul born into the world in mortal bodies, beginning with Adam, died in their souls by sinning, before the body returned to the dust of which it was made.

And so, Jesus Christ is the only man to leave this world without sinning, even as He was first born into this world without sin.

All others must be born again, even like we were first born: without sin. So that we may live through Him without sinning, even as He did from the womb when first born into the world.

He is the only firstborn man from the dead, being raised as He was when first born onto earth: without sin and without sinning.

We are therefore the church of the firstborn, which is the Head Jesus Christ, to be also raised from the dead as He, not as we were first born into the world, for all have sinned, but as we are born again in Him to go and sin no more.

Jesus being brought into the world by a virgin through he Spirit, was not so as to be first born without sin, for all living souls are created alive and born without sin in the flesh, but was as Scripture prophesied to be a sign: that God does not need man to become a man in mortal body on earth.

And so all them born again with Him into the church of the firstborn are also to be the sign of Christ in the world, that with man nothing good is possible, but with God all things righteous and true are possible, including being born again as we were first born, pure of heart and clean of soul, but the second time, like the second Adam, to go and sin no more in the flesh, even as He did in the days of His flesh.

We were all first born, alive and clean and pure of heart, but only one man in mortal flesh stayed that way, until He left His mortal body hanging on the cross.

He therefore is the only firstborn resurrected from the dead, but in Him we can all be born again and resurrected from the dead, as though we had never sinned, and were as He first born clean and pure without sinning.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was the first ever to be resurrected to everlasting life. (Colossians 1:18) He was also referred to as “firstfruits.” A side point: His resurrection coincided with the Jewish high priest offering of the firstfruits from the barley harvest.-1 Corinthians 15:20.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

When we get rid of the false tradition of being born with sin, whether in the soul or the body, then we can answer this question simply.

Jesus was the only man to live life unto the end, even as He was first born into the world with mortal body: without sin nor sinning afterward.

Every other living soul born into the world in mortal bodies, beginning with Adam, died in their souls by sinning, before the body returned to the dust of which it was made.

And so, Jesus Christ is the only man to leave this world without sinning, even as He was first born into this world without sin.

All others must be born again, even like we were first born: without sin. So that we may live through Him without sinning, even as He did from the womb when first born into the world.

He is the only firstborn man from the dead, being raised as He was when first born onto earth: without sin and without sinning.

We are therefore the church of the firstborn, which is the Head Jesus Christ, to be also raised from the dead as He, not as we were first born into the world, for all have sinned, but as we are born again in Him to go and sin no more.

Jesus being brought into the world by a virgin through he Spirit, was not so as to be first born without sin, for all living souls are created alive and born without sin in the flesh, but was as Scripture prophesied to be a sign: that God does not need man to become a man in mortal body on earth.

And so all them born again with Him into the church of the firstborn are also to be the sign of Christ in the world, that with man nothing good is possible, but with God all things righteous and true are possible, including being born again as we were first born, pure of heart and clean of soul, but the second time, like the second Adam, to go and sin no more in the flesh, even as He did in the days of His flesh.

We were all first born, alive and clean and pure of heart, but only one man in mortal flesh stayed that way, until He left His mortal body hanging on the cross.

He therefore is the only firstborn resurrected from the dead, but in Him we can all be born again and resurrected from the dead, as though we had never sinned, and were as He first born clean and pure without sinning.

rubbish!!!! Its amazing to me how bad your theology is, its almost like it gets worse everytime you post.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No mortal was resurrected from the dead before Jesus entered heaven.( John 3:13) He was the first. No mortal entered heaven before Jesus did. Some blind guides say Enoch and Elijah did but they are wrong. Elijah wrote a letter to the king, 10 years after the chariot event-2 Chronicles 21:12-15

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1:15 . . He is the firstborn of all creation

The thing to note is that "firstborn" doesn't always refer to birth order. The
term also refers to rank and/or pay grade, and as such is transferrable from
an elder sibling to a younger, e.g. Esau to Jacob (Gen 25:23) Manasseh to
Ephraim (Gen 48:13-14) Reuben to Joseph (Gen 49:3 4, 1Chr 5:1) and also
from a father to one of his sons, e.g. David to Jesus. (Ps 110:1)

Col 1:18 . . And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the
beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the
preeminence.

Preeminence can be defined as having paramount rank, dignity, or
importance, i.e. supremacy.
_

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mortal was resurrected from the dead before Jesus entered heaven.( John 3:13)
Well put.

No mortal entered heaven before Jesus did. Some blind guides say Enoch and Elijah did but they are wrong. Elijah wrote a letter to the king, 10 years after the chariot event-2 Chronicles 21:12-15

Whoa. I've never heard nor considered that. Are you sure the letter was after the event?

However, neither Enoch nor Elijah were said to be resurrected from the dead, but rather translated into heaven with mortal, in manner of John from Patmos, and the man caught up to the third heaven.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1:15 . . He is the firstborn of all creation

The thing to note is that "firstborn" doesn't always refer to birth order. The
term also refers to rank and/or pay grade, and as such is transferrable from
an elder sibling to a younger, e.g. Esau to Jacob (Gen 25:23) Manasseh to
Ephraim (Gen 48:13-14) Reuben to Joseph (Gen 49:3 4, 1Chr 5:1) and also
from a father to one of his sons, e.g. David to Jesus. (Ps 110:1)

Col 1:18 . . And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the
beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the
preeminence.

Preeminence can be defined as having paramount rank, dignity, or
importance, i.e. supremacy.
_
Yes, when it comes to the spiritual or imperial matter of being named the firstborn, you are correct.

But, what I am speaking of, is how we are all first born as living souls in mortal flesh, before being born again with regenerated souls in the same mortal flesh.

So, Jesus would be the first resurrected of mortal man, who never sinned after being first born into the world, whereas all other men have sinned after being first born from the womb.

Being born again is the mercy of God to make dead souls alive again, after having been first born clean, but then sinned on earth.

The simple point being, that we are born again clean and alive in Christ, not for the first time.

We are literally become as little children again with pure and innocent conscience.

People sometimes say how they would like to be a little kids again, and we can do so in Christ. Not in body, but in conscience and innocency of heart.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well put.

Whoa. I've never heard nor considered that. Are you sure the letter was after the event?

However, neither Enoch nor Elijah were said to be resurrected from the dead, but rather translated into heaven with mortal, in manner of John from Patmos, and the man caught up to the third heaven.

Yes 10 years after the chariot event. There are 3 heavens-Our atmosphere, outer space, and Gods dwelling place in the bible. Elijah was retired and went to another spot on earth, thus the letter 10 years later. No mortal flesh lives in Gods dwelling place, its the spirit realm. So Enoch did not go to Gods dwelling place.
John 3:13 says no man entered heaven before Jesus.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
Jhn 7:29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

What is death? What does it mean to be dead spiritually?
If you don't know God, you do not know Life.

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Jesus was the firstborn who knew God.
The rest of the world had spiritually died. He was the candle that brought light to a dark world.
He was the first to bring with him the true knowledge of God.
The rest of the world had become reprobate.

If Jesus had never come, God would be dead to us. We would not have faith or belief or hope.

They are trying to kill God today. They are taking him out of society hoping that people will forget and become more involved with the cares of this world. We are falling into dark times, and it's up to us to keep the candle burning.
Jesus is the first among the dead that woke a dying world.

The great Awakening.
Just thinking..
Hugs

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was the first ever to be resurrected to everlasting life. (Colossians 1:18) He was also referred to as “firstfruits.” A side point: His resurrection coincided with the Jewish high priest offering of the firstfruits from the barley harvest.-1 Corinthians 15:20.

Like the moon in the heavens, the Only Begotten Son of God has been firmly established as the greatest Witness to YHWH Godship. (Psalm 89:37) After the Only Begotten Son of God kept integrity down to a sacrificial death, he became the first from among mankind to be raised to immortal spirit life. (Colossians 1:18)
The Only Begotten Son of God is shown to be “the firstborn of all creation” as well as “the firstborn from the dead”, not merely most distinguished in relation to those created or those resurrected but the first one actually created and the first raised from the dead to immortal spirit life. (Col 1:15, 18; Re 1:5; 3:14)

Reactions: tigger 2

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God created his first son Adam (man) .
Man is the only living creature which God breathed life into.
Man disobeyed God and Man died.
Then God sent the man who had died back to the world again.
Because Adam is the ONLY Man God created.
Man is the only creature that has Life in them.
And what is Life? The knowledge of God and .... wait for it.... self.

We were all DEAD to God in our disbelief aka sins.
This death was passed down generation by generation from the MAN Adam until ...... The Man Christ Jesus.

So this is the dilemma.

Peter said we aught to obey God rather than men.

And yet we all follow Jesus.

Was Jesus God or a man?

When God created Adam (man) did he recreate himself in his own image and likeness?
Was there then more than one God, multiple gods.

It is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.
HOW?
Did God live IN Adam (man)

If God lived (IN) Adam, then how did God disobey himself?

I believe Jesus was God himself in the flesh who walked among mankind saving the world unto himself.
And if what the bible says is true, and if you believe and have faith, and Jesus lives in those that do,
than each of us are also a part of God.
I don't believe God is 3.
I believe God is Billions and Billions and Billions of individuals all connected by the breath of Life. Himself.

Oh my it's that new agey stuff again..

I don't know any other way to explain it.
There is ONLY ONE GOD.
But we are a part of that ONE.
And Jesus is the First One was made alive again.
Because Jesus KNEW God and God knew Him.
And through him and by him we KNOW God AGAIN and are KNOWN of and by Him.

The only ones who are dead today are those who do not know God and choose not to know.
Only man has the knowledge or keys of life and death.
I don't think animals truly ponder where they came from or where they are going after this life.
This is unique to man and man alone. And this knowledge God gave to man concerning his alpha and omega.
His Alpha and Omega is our Alpha and Omega simply through the knowledge of the one who gave it.
We are Him and He is Us as long as we believe we have this life in us.

That's what the bible says and I'm agreeing with it.

Now even those that are dead are still made in the image and likeness of God.
That is why they will end up in the lake of fire. To be purified and made white.
Some of us move to the next level, others have to begin again.
Just like clay in the potters hands. Some vessels need to be remade.
But all vessels are made by the hand of God.

There is only One God, and each of us have a "share" in the inheritance.

Hugs

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is total nonsense. Every human being is born with a sin nature and with a dead spirit. It is only after the New Birth that we are born again and made into new creatures in Christ.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mortal was resurrected from the dead before Jesus entered heaven

I'm aware of at least three different kinds of resurrections. There's a
resurrection of the core of one's being (John 5:24-25, Eph 2:1) a basic
resurrection (Matt 11:5) and a resurrection to immortality (1Cor 15:51-54)
_

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure…?

I meant not one resurrected and went to heaven. I think there is an account in the OT where one or some were brought back to mortal life. Like Jesus did for Lazarus. But no one entered heaven before Jesus. John 3:13

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm aware of at least three different kinds of resurrections. There's a
resurrection of the core of one's being (John 5:24-25, Eph 2:1) a basic
resurrection (Matt 11:5) and a resurrection to immortality (1Cor 15:51-54)
_

No mortal was resurrected from death to heaven before Jesus-John 3:13--No mortal entered heaven before Jesus, that includes Elijah and Enoch.

Reactions: robert derrick